Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2023-10-02, 06:38   Link #141
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I don't think Yorozu's gift has anything to do with Sukuna's original form. He already said he had the option to do it back when he was about to fight her but chose not to.
Ah yes, I remember now. IIRC she was pissed off because of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
Sukuna original form is something unlocked after he reach 15-20 Fingers.

It similar to Mahito shapeshift victims which Mahito overwhelm their souls via CT, altering their forms.
This time Sukuna overrides Megumi soul which he more than pleased to do now Gojo gone there's no need for 10 Shadows anymore (CT is tied to soul, so if Sukuna use his true form from start, he cannot use 10 Shadows); kinda speaks how powerful Yuji 'design' considering Sukuna with 15 Fingers cannot overwhelm his soul like this.

... Whether Megumi still alive or not is unknown.
I hadn't considered that. It makes perfect sense why he didn't want to use it before, assuming it's not something he can reverse. Regardless, I don't think Megumi is gone. I really want Megumi to come back just to find out what Yuji would say to him about what Sukuna did. Pretty sure he would take responsibility again for Sukuna's actions because it was his binding vow with him that allowed Megumi to be possessed in the first place, and this time I don't think his guilt would be misplaced. He messed up big time when he made that vow.
Old 2023-10-03, 12:41   Link #142
Shadow5YA

Yuji still shouldn't have any memory of his binding vow, so from his perspective Sukuna just broke out on his own.

Maybe he'd feel guilty because he thinks he's too weak to hold Sukuna in, but to him it wouldn't be any different compared to when Sukuna took over during the Shibuya Incident.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-04, 00:42   Link #143
Shadow5YA

Seems that there will be a break after this.

Spoiler for 238:
Old 2023-10-04, 03:35   Link #144
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Spoiler for 238:
Old 2023-10-04, 04:43   Link #145
WingedAccelerator

Spoiler for Chapter 238:
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-04, 10:18   Link #146
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
Spoiler for Chapter 238:
I don't think anyone ever said it was because Gojo couldn't see Sukuna's slash that he died. For all we know he could have took it head on because he expected his Infinite to shield him from anything aside from Mahoraga's abilities.
Old 2023-10-04, 12:33   Link #147
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
I don't think anyone ever said it was because Gojo couldn't see Sukuna's slash that he died. For all we know he could have took it head on because he expected his Infinite to shield him from anything aside from Mahoraga's abilities.
Gojo shown to be wary of Cleave and Dismantle even with Infinity active.

In 224 he float as soon Sukuna cut the bridge and perceived Dismantle coming to him, expecting Sukuna aim for his head.
In 227 Gojo applied Falling Blossom for a chance outheal Cleave as Falling Blossom made the wounds shallow by it protection mechanics.

The only time he 'leaves the rest to Infinity' is when Sukuna started throwing stuffs also supporting Mahoraga as he wanted to focus on Mahoraga.
The only time he ignores "Cleave" is Mahoraga's dimensional slash, which caused by Agito (big mobs with high regeneration) kept him busy as 3v1 situation goes on.

So the argument narrowed into "It fast and ignores durability" then as we saw in this chapter, also proven by Gojo dismembered body, that World Cleave is big ... and distinct enough to be anticipated by Kashimo? Not to mention Kusakabe explained Gojo teleportation (which notably used to sent Panda and Inumaki to rescue Yuta in JJK 0) is Gojo compressing space, so him unaware, ignorant of World Cleave coming is really weird; especially as owner of Rikugan that said allowing it owner to see curse energy flow on extreme detail.
Old 2023-10-04, 13:12   Link #148
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Gojo shown to be wary of Cleave and Dismantle even with Infinity active.

In 224 he float as soon Sukuna cut the bridge and perceived Dismantle coming to him, expecting Sukuna aim for his head.
That's not what happened. He jumped because the the bridge was clearly going to collapse so he logically moved to a different position and then used the bridge to throw at Sukuna.
The Dismantle afterwards was aimed directly at Gojo but still got deflected because of Infinity.

Quote:
In 227 Gojo applied Falling Blossom for a chance outheal Cleave as Falling Blossom made the wounds shallow by it protection mechanics.
This was directly after his Doman was broken, so he didn't have access to his cursed technique.

Quote:
So the argument narrowed into "It fast and ignores durability" then as we saw in this chapter, also proven by Gojo dismembered body, that World Cleave is big ... and distinct enough to be anticipated by Kashimo? Not to mention Kusakabe explained Gojo teleportation (which notably used to sent Panda and Inumaki to rescue Yuta in JJK 0) is Gojo compressing space, so him unaware, ignorant of World Cleave coming is really weird; especially as owner of Rikugan that said allowing it owner to see curse energy flow on extreme detail.
Why are you assuming that the size and scale of the Cleave he's using against Kashimo is the same as the one used on Gojo?
Output has always been adjustable for any technique. The only difference is that now it can pierce anything.

And reading the flow of cursed energy wouldn't have told Gojo that Cleave could suddenly pierce his defenses now, only that Sukuna was using the Cleave technique, just like how Sukuna read that Gojo was going to use Red but didn't know it was being used for Purple.
Old 2023-10-04, 15:11   Link #149
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
Spoiler for Chapter 238:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-04, 21:11   Link #150
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
That's not what happened. He jumped because the the bridge was clearly going to collapse so he logically moved to a different position and then used the bridge to throw at Sukuna.
The Dismantle afterwards was aimed directly at Gojo but still got deflected because of Infinity.
Gojo saw trace of cut on bridge beforehand.

The next slash is not deflected by Infinity.
Dismantle is cut for things without curse energy so Sukuna is indeed aiming for building.
That's why Gojo surprised on following panel, he expected Sukuna went for his head with Cleave but he Dismantle the building instead for surprise (which Gojo managed to recognize). Moreover if it deflected by Infinity in process then the cut wouldn't be clean just like how smoke from fire extinguisher thrown by Sukuna circling Gojo instead or Choso's Piercing Blood became mess as it interacted with Infinity.

Quote:
This was directly after his Doman was broken, so he didn't have access to his cursed technique.
Still proven he's wary of Cleave and Dismantle and understand the mechanics behind it.
Otherwise he would just tank Cleave but he's shown advanced carefully enough to ensure his CE not wasted.

Quote:
Why are you assuming that the size and scale of the Cleave he's using against Kashimo is the same as the one used on Gojo?
Output has always been adjustable for any technique. The only difference is that now it can pierce anything.

And reading the flow of cursed energy wouldn't have told Gojo that Cleave could suddenly pierce his defenses now, only that Sukuna was using the Cleave technique, just like how Sukuna read that Gojo was going to use Red but didn't know it was being used for Purple.
When a human bisected by a cut, would you call it done by a small cut?

Handseal and chant boost output so it being bigger hardly a problem; here we saw Kashimo able to recognize it as World Slash and dodge it boosted. The situation tried to frame it as "You need to be a lightning man to be able to dodge it" but Kashimo able to noticed it World Slash coming to him aligned with CE spark explanation before so idea of Gojo unaware of it and carelessly decide to tank it is weird especially with Rikugan allowed him to preceive CE on extreme details and his experience with emulating teleportation with compressed space. Not to mention it coming from Prime Sukuna instead of heavily injured Sukuna.

Reminder Sukuna aware Gojo is going to use Red prior to Purple nuke just by watching it spark, paying attention to Gojo's flow of cursed energy. How could Gojo unable to notice it while Kashimo can?

Last edited by Tactics; 2023-10-04 at 21:24.
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-04, 21:18   Link #151
Shadow5YA

Quote:

Handseal and chant boost output so it being bigger hardly a problem; here we saw Kashimo able to recognize it as World Slash and dodge it boosted. The situation tried to frame it as "You need to be a lightning man to be able to dodge it" but Kashimo able to noticed it aligned with CE spark explanation before so idea of Gojo unaware of it and carelessly decide to tank it is weird especially with Rikugan allowed him to preceive CE on extreme details and his experience with emulating teleportation with compressed space.

Reminder Sukuna aware Gojo is going to use Red prior to Purple nuke just by watching it spark, paying attention to Gojo's flow of cursed energy. How could Gojo unable to do it as well?
Everyone was watching the fight. Sukuna only explained how his technique works after he had killed Gojo with it.

Kashima going in with full awareness of how dangerous it is not the same as Gojo figuring things out as he goes, not to mention that in this case Sukuna literally announced his attack to challenge Kashimo to dodge it. When did he ever do that for Gojo?
Old 2023-10-04, 21:56   Link #152
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Everyone was watching the fight. Sukuna only explained how his technique works after he had killed Gojo with it.

Kashima going in with full awareness of how dangerous it is not the same as Gojo figuring things out as he goes, not to mention that in this case Sukuna literally announced his attack to challenge Kashimo to dodge it. When did he ever do that for Gojo?
Tell opponent to dodge =/= Tell opponent World Slash is coming.
Its not like the direction is given too, it may come from different angle as well so Kashimo able to notice it and react to it while Gojo can't and let his guard down ... still doesn't make sense even with "Kashimo is on lightning mode now" as Gojo by his cautious portrayal throughout the fight will at least notice a Cleave with suspicious amount of CE is coming by spark rules.

Gojo confront Sukuna with full awareness it going to be war of attirition as he himself explained in early volumes when Yuji asked if Gojo could win against Sukuna. He too aware about Mahoraga and good 10 Shadows user can kill Infinity user, so Kashimo not really on better circumstances just because he knew about World Slash beforehand.
Old 2023-10-08, 10:38   Link #153
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Kashimo couldn't even so much as scratch Sukuna. I'm voting him as biggest fraud.
Old 2023-10-08, 12:37   Link #154
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Kashimo couldn't even so much as scratch Sukuna. I'm voting him as biggest fraud.
He did when Sukuna was still using Megumi's body. That's why Sukuna incarnated into his original form.
Old 2023-10-08, 17:45   Link #155
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
He did when Sukuna was still using Megumi's body. That's why Sukuna incarnated into his original form.
Sukuna was running on fumes then, it's not an accomplishment.
Old 2023-10-09, 06:40   Link #156
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

The amount of dead bodies in the latest chapters is reminding me of Akame ga Kill... and I don't like that
Old 2023-10-09, 12:56   Link #157
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
The amount of dead bodies in the latest chapters is reminding me of Akame ga Kill... and I don't like that
You mean... just two? A lot more people, both named characters and innocent bystanders died during the Shibuya Incident.
Old 2023-10-09, 20:54   Link #158
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

To be fair, one Special Grade and one A Grade sorcerers die under span of two chapters, with one died offscreen and gave the villain new, dangerous ability while the other one died as nothing more than villain hype man, is worrisome. Everyone knew Sukuna is strong but not like this ...

At this point I won't be surprised if Sukuna sent Higuruma to airport by either sheer confidence of "I'm strong so what's wrong with killing people" or "LOL the one killed Gojo is Megumi by technicalities, not me", followed by Higuruma speech about understanding love and solitude.

Old 2023-10-10, 13:38   Link #159
Shadow5YA

Higuruma is easily disposable as a character, but I don't see Yuji dying anytime soon.

I suspect Yuji could have some resistance to Sukuna's cursed techniques.
Mahoraga changes its cursed energy to adapt, and Gojo took less damage from his own Purple, so maybe there's some resistance to cursed techniques from the same cursed energy.
Old 2023-10-10, 14:18   Link #160
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Higuruma is easily disposable as a character, but I don't see Yuji dying anytime soon.
This fight is a clear parallel to the battle against Mahito in Shibuya, with Yuji teaming up with a former enemy turned ally against an enemy who harmed his friend and killed his mentor, so yeah Higuruma is likely going to die or at least be disabled here.

However, I don't really see Yuji gaining any sort of win over Sukuna. Mahito died in part because of his obsession with Yuji while Sukuna doesn't have that issue at all.

Not to mention Yuji's entire behavioural principle is completely opposed to Sukuna's and we've seen what happens to other characters like that (Gojo, Geto, Yuki, etc)

If anyone will beat Sukuna, it's resurrected Megumi.

Quote:
I suspect Yuji could have some resistance to Sukuna's cursed techniques.
Mahoraga changes its cursed energy to adapt, and Gojo took less damage from his own Purple, so maybe there's some resistance to cursed techniques from the same cursed energy.
This probably will occur

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, exorcism, possessed mc