AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Utawarerumono

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-25, 04:02   Link #21
Lost

Hmmm Guardians of Hell, eh. Ah.. Hence that very first "jaw" scene in ep1? I remember it was a fiery hot scene. Reconcilable to the "science" aspect RunningTARGET was taking. Maybe Hakuoro was one of them, or maybe, he escaped from "Hell"- Earth

edit: Btw, Alu, thanks for the research you did

Last edited by Lost; 2006-05-26 at 02:58.
Old 2006-06-06, 21:06   Link #22
Temstar

Hakuoro doesn't belong in that world.

Well, i guess that's kind of obverious, with his human features and that mask. But I think there's also a more sinister reason why he just appeared with that mask. Everywhere he goes, misfortune follows. Notice:

Hakuoro shows up -> pisses off Nuwangi -> shrine gets trashed -> people dies -> Hakuoro kills Mutikapa (something the villagers would never do if he didn't come because Mutikapa was reveared)

Hakuoro shows up -> arguement with Sasante -> Mukkuru bites one of those lizards -> Tusukuru saves Aruruu but die later -> rebellion across the country led by Hakuoro

What would happen once Hakuoro becomes the emperor of the country? Looks to me like the more people trust in Hakuoro, the bigger the war he starts. (notice he himself wounder if what he's doing is right once he becomes the head of the rebellion) Together with that orbital beam thing in the intro, I reckon that whole planet is some kind of social experiment and Hakuoro was inserted as some sort of catalyst
Old 2006-06-08, 21:41   Link #23
RunningTARGET
Bishoujo sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temstar
Hakuoro doesn't belong in that world.

Well, i guess that's kind of obverious, with his human features and that mask. But I think there's also a more sinister reason why he just appeared with that mask. Everywhere he goes, misfortune follows. Notice:

Hakuoro shows up -> pisses off Nuwangi -> shrine gets trashed -> people dies -> Hakuoro kills Mutikapa (something the villagers would never do if he didn't come because Mutikapa was reveared)

Hakuoro shows up -> arguement with Sasante -> Mukkuru bites one of those lizards -> Tusukuru saves Aruruu but die later -> rebellion across the country led by Hakuoro

What would happen once Hakuoro becomes the emperor of the country? Looks to me like the more people trust in Hakuoro, the bigger the war he starts. (notice he himself wounder if what he's doing is right once he becomes the head of the rebellion) Together with that orbital beam thing in the intro, I reckon that whole planet is some kind of social experiment and Hakuoro was inserted as some sort of catalyst
Maybe. but if you think about it, if it weren't for Hakuoro, Eruru would still be living in a country with a corrupt government. Think of the furries.

Not sure but I think in eps 11, hakouro's new enemy might lead an attack on Eruru's and Aruru's village. I coulnd see why else Aruru might cry.
Old 2006-06-09, 00:46   Link #24
Angela Sanctisstessa
I'm a boy..K?

Send a message via ICQ to Angela Sanctisstessa Send a message via MSN to Angela Sanctisstessa Send a message via Yahoo to Angela Sanctisstessa
ahem ahem~....keep that to yourself RT...no spoilers allowed xD

someone erect a dam for teary eyes plz XD
Old 2006-06-09, 09:57   Link #25
cheenk

thats not a spoiler. its a prediction. and if you've watched episode 10 then u should have seen the preview
Old 2006-06-09, 11:47   Link #26
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
What happens, happens. But i can see your point, Temstar. There's definitely a trend here:

1.) Hakuoro left to die in the forest without anything, not even memories ---> He got a lovely family.

2.) A monster tiger atacked the village and tried to eat him ---> He defeated the tiger and got accept by the village

3.) Corrupt government members tried to destroy the pacific life of the village ---> He became the new leader of the village and destroy the corrupt members

4.) Corrupt emperor tried to destroy his rebellion group ---> He defeated the corrupt emperor and became the new emperor

5.) Winged race pays a visit to his new country ---> he became friends with winged race, and with some powerful warriors too.

And, from now on...

6.) Another powerful country atacks his country ---> he defeats the other country and unifies to his own (?)

If that keeps going on, Hakuoro will become the new emperor of the World!!

Talking about high charisma (and luck) stats...

All i know is: I want to see a harem ending here! Just look how much cute/moe all the girls are!!
Old 2006-06-17, 14:51   Link #27
Green²
It's bacon!

Karura - Found aboard Na Tunkian slave trading ship. Presumably, seen as to be traded off for money or other goods/favors at another location. Ship sunken during an storm off of what appears to be off the coast of the country of Tusukuru. Believed by some that Karura may have been drugged during transport, as noted to her collapse after the initial killing of the surviving Na Tunkian slave traders.

Her physical strength however, remarkable. With clearly, she could have had control at any time over what was to happen to herself during the transport. Then, leaving only two things to mind.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-18, 05:02   Link #28
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green²
Believed by some that Karura may have been drugged during transport, as noted to her collapse after the initial killing of the surviving Na Tunkian slave traders.
Why couldn't she just have been drugged against her will (a little valium in her gruel), and then carried onto the ship?
Old 2006-06-18, 09:38   Link #29
Green²
It's bacon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
Why couldn't she just have been drugged against her will (a little valium in her gruel), and then carried onto the ship?
What the quote says. Yet if drugged, it surely didn't work, as she would have already been dead by now. Also, she would have had to be drugged and monitored every minute by the seller and the buyer. Else that strength of hers would be an problem, if only the drugs keeping her under control.
Old 2006-06-18, 10:11   Link #30
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green²
What the quote says. Yet if drugged, it surely didn't work, as she would have already been dead by now. Also, she would have had to be drugged and monitored every minute by the seller and the buyer. Else that strength of hers would be an problem, if only the drugs keeping her under control.
Huh. What quote says what??

Anyhow, not necessarily dead, maybe by chance she still somehow woke up in the middle of the storm. Because, the episode clearly shows her waking up.

But yeah I agree with you. The main problem imo is: Karura looks like she has a history of being a slave. (When she says she has long forgotten stuff about her country) Yet how did her masters control such a strong slave thruout all this time?

Like you said, they could have either (1) constantly drug her, or (2) (and i think this is more probable) they held someone she loved hostage.

Then again, one other possibility I derived from your 1st point (in the spoiler of your previous post) is that (3) yeah, she's undercover, but not in the sense as working for someone, but rather to reach the HEAD and to exact her revenge. (i.e. that HEAD may have killed her family or destroyed her village) Or to discover where other members of her family where taken to. Hmmm.

Another point: If they knew about her strength (which logically, they should) then why shackle her with chains they know she can easily break? I can only think of one reason: they expected the drugs to work.

Or, they really didnt know about Karura's strenght but that would be improbable.

Last edited by Lost; 2006-06-18 at 10:24.
Old 2006-06-18, 20:06   Link #31
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Yep, some things don't really add up about Karura, which I also commented on in the episode discussion. Ofcourse you can try to make up theories to explain this but I wouldn't be surprised if the plot writers simply messed up. Main reason I'm starting to think this is that I'm not really pleased with the story so far. Awkward pacing/flow of the story at times, and several events that lack credibility - such as this one. Don't get me wrong, there are some interesting characters and I like the animation/style, but I'm getting the feeling that the script is rather weak.
Old 2006-06-22, 18:36   Link #32
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Spoiler for wild speculation based on episode 11:
Old 2006-06-23, 20:34   Link #33
LoStSouLs
LoSt

Send a message via AIM to LoStSouLs
i really have no idea what direction this show could go in, as it keeps surprising me with how amazing it is.

weeeeeee for 2 years of being absent here <_<
Old 2006-07-04, 04:50   Link #34
babuji
Alston De Ventigo

Maybe that mask was to seal his powers and evil entity within him....
Old 2006-07-05, 07:28   Link #35
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

*looks at babuji post*
You may be right...
But I don't think it's his demonic powers...
Maybe he has a demon inside of him... and the mask seals it...

I've been wondering for how long he had that mask...
At least we can be sure about one thing... his good/evil thing has nothing to do with his personality...
... he had a family after all... I don't think he had severe memory losses all his life...

*looks at LoStSouLs post*

It might go nowhere... well... looks like some apocalypse is coming...
You are right... the show is amazing... and the coolest part is that Hakuoro is dependent on others... and is relatively weak...
... makes it realistic...
No crap… like… leader is 100 times stronger then his army...
I'm afraid it's too cool to last... they'll find some stupid way to ruin it...

...almost forgot...
Welcome Back...
ohh... and...
Nice meeting you...
*looks at Lost post*

Karura is a magical little fairy... that… or she's also possessed by some demon...
... well I'm only presuming this based on the bent laws of nature...
Old 2006-07-05, 10:11   Link #36
Lost

Yep, a magical little fairy that wields a tonne sword, no its not even a sword, its an obsidian stick with an edge that she wields in the most gravitic law-bending positions in one hand (the size of which is a quarter that of the hilt); a stick that not even a battlehardened warrior could lift with two. Plus this fairy drinks sake like air. You know, I like BlackCat's creative way of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon
Spoiler for wild speculation based on episode 11:
Then why show Hakuoro killing his family? How would framing Hakuoro give the borther-in-law that power? Why risk hiring a very very skilled Fighter-of-Justice when you are in the wrong? Doesnt add up..

LoStSouLs, are you and I kindred?
Old 2006-07-26, 00:13   Link #37
Lost

From Episode 17.

Has anyone thought if this apparant dispute (as told by Kuuya) between Onbitaekayan (the
"true" Onkami) and Witarnemitea (the rebel) could relate personally to Hakuoro. I say so because that mention of such a dispute reminded me of the dragons in OP/ED which reminded me of Hakuoro. Simply put, Hakuoro could be either of them; possibly Onbitaekayan; having been displaced to lesser form and losing his memory.

Last edited by Lost; 2006-07-26 at 00:27.
Old 2006-07-26, 03:08   Link #38
Zaris
of Porsche

Send a message via AIM to Zaris Send a message via MSN to Zaris Send a message via Yahoo to Zaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
From Episode 17.

Has anyone thought if this apparant dispute (as told by Kuuya) between Onbitaekayan (the "true" Onkami) and Witarnemitea (the rebel) could relate personally to Hakuoro. I say so because that mention of such a dispute reminded me of the dragons in OP/ED which reminded me of Hakuoro. Simply put, Hakuoro could be either of them; possibly Onbitaekayan; having been displaced to lesser form and losing his memory.
That idea rang through my mind when I watched episode 17 the second time around slowly and grasped all the technical aspects of it. There's no denying that something is up with Hakuoro. I hate to support Niwe with his crazy laugh, but he is a beast. :|

Whether his existance extends further to "spiritual proportions" or not wouldn't be very far from the truth. If you look at things logically, we've heard nothing about Hakuoro's past. Since he has temporaily manifested himself as a creature twice in these 17 episodes, and there's no reports of strange beasts or magic in the Utawarerumono universe (only gods), one could assume he is either Onbitaekayan or Witarnemitea. If this theory is true (and so far there's nothing to contridict it), it is my personal belief that he is the rebellious god Witarnemitea.

I justify this by looking at a curious analogy. Isn't it a strange coincidence how Kuuya's story of the Onkami is partially remenicient with what Hakuoro did to the country of Tousukuru? He rebelled and took the throne. So did Witarnemitea. There's only 9 episodes left in the series. If this speculation turns out wrong, they must be preparing for a huuuuuuge climax.

The dragon-like things in the OP/ED signify something important for them to be in the OP/ED at all (especially in the ED, where they dominate its entire duration). If me, Lost, and other peoples' theory holds true - that Hakuoro is a god - then the mural we glimpse in the ending credits might possibly be Hakuoro...possibly. Which one is he? The red or the blue? My guess is he is the blue entity on the left. He is the first figure we see when the ending credits start to roll. Plus he has a person wrapped around his left arm - most likely Eruruu. In the mural, the person wrapped in an arm wears red, and so does Eruruu. You can't say it's Aruruu because the only red she wears is her obi. If it's Eruruu, it would make a lot of sense. I could be very mistaken though.

Questions still remain about the ED: who is the winged character in the center of the mural? Who is the red entity on the right? Seriously, as many of us might have predicted, the stakes in Utawarerumono are getting higher and higher with every episodee.

The strange winged individual we saw in episodes 13-15 reminds me a lot of Kuja from Final Fantasy IX. His stoic nature and cold look suggests that he is a villian far greater than Orikakan or Niwe ever was, and he will be the one in conflict in the climatic moments of the series. He better not kidnap and violate my precious Eruruu or there will be hell to pay!
Old 2006-07-26, 06:49   Link #39
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaris
Questions still remain about the ED: who is the winged character in the center of the mural? Who is the red entity on the right? Seriously, as many of us might have predicted, the stakes in Utawarerumono are getting higher and higher with every episodee.
Could it be the little princess from ep17... maybe that's the mysterious power they have... that she was talking about...
We even see a monster roaming the forest after they leave so its plausible...
I'm personally wondering who the angel that helped Niwe is... and what the heck was he up to...
Old 2006-07-27, 06:44   Link #40
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCatXIII
I'm personally wondering who the angel that helped Niwe is... and what the heck was he up to...
Definitely up to no good.. to be able to stand aside and let (and maybe even encourage) Niwe in his crazy endeavors.

Hey if he is related to the followers of Witarnemitea (u know, the "peacekeepers" in Hakuoro's harem) because of having wings too, then he may:

(1) represent a priest of that other "true" god, Onbitaekayan, and be interested in either 1. restoring Hakuoro if H is really that god, or 2. interested in destroying H if he is the "rebel" Witarnemitea

(2) or be a rouge priest of the "rebel" Witarnemitea that knows the truth. And be interested in either restoring H, or in destroying H if the true god.

Hell, in the vein of Scrapped Princess, I think we will actually see that other god. (again assuming H is one of the two.)

And I put true and rebel in "" because all we have now is Kuuya's word, cant really be trusted as yet. They actually did a similar theme in Scrapped Princess ~ followers of a "true" god versus those of the "false", "evil" god. Hahaha.. the similarities to SP.

(3) Then again, he may be a freeloader, hoping to use and control Hakuoro as Niwe wanted. And yes he better not violate Eruruu. Or Aruruu. Or Mukuru.

Last edited by Lost; 2006-07-27 at 07:02.
Closed Thread