Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2019-08-18, 01:48   Link #201
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles883 View Post
Well this series act as appetizer for main event: FGO Babylonia chapter series
I expect that new series to be way worse than this, but then again Fate series have wildly varying degrees of quality. Let's hope I'm completely wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
They can always make more if it is successful enough.
Your words in the creators (and producers!) ears!
Old 2019-08-18, 03:06   Link #202
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Frontier: Yes, Artoria was a special case due to the fact she became a heroic spirit while she was still alive. That allowed her to retain memories of her summoning. Also came with drawbacks like being unable to take a spirit form.

Besides her, servants summoned in Fuyuki's HGW are just copies from the Throne of Heroes. When they die, they don't go back to the Throne, they just disappear. No clue how it works in F/GO. I don't remember the reason Jeanne was able to retain her memories and escape the Throne in Apocrypha either (being Ruler?).
That's not entirely accurate. When a Servant disappears in a Grail War, the memories and experiences do go back to the one on the Throne, but they don't carry over into new copies. The Heroic Spirit will remember everything, but Servants only have the memories handpicked by the Throne when they're summoned.

The Jeanne who left the Throne to go to Seig wasn't a Servant, it was the actual Heroic Spirit Jeanne D'arc. Meaning the origin of every summonable version of her. Time shenanigans mean she can still be summoned (the Throne is outside of time) but technically Jeanne leaves the Throne of Heroes following Apocrypha.

FGO uses a different system than the Grail Wars (it's one hell of a lot stronger for starters) and actually pulls in at least a portion of the Heroic Spirit itself into a specialized container. They leave the Throne to come assist you, which is why they leave at the end of part one but can come back whenever, retaining all memory of the protagonist and their adventures.
Old 2019-08-18, 04:44   Link #203
4th Dimension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Looks like Adashino is using Waver to bait someone out...maybe the person who wanted him involved in the auction? I kind of feel bad for Waver that she won't leave him alone though, beautiful as she is .
I am probably a TEEEERIBLE person in that I ship them in a HATEFUCK kind of way

Also so far she is my suspect no 1 for stealing the cloak, because she seems to have had a plan for Waver here and this would be a surefire way to get him to come.

Quote:
I wonder if part of the reason Yvette is as flamboyant as she is is because she can read people's emotions and thinks acting out like she does would give her a franker read on people ?
That would scan kinda with what she tried to pull on Gray. Also I think she can only read present state of mind, not all emotions. So she needed to make it impossible for Gray to think of anything else other than the possibility of Yvette becoming Waver's mistress so she could be sure she isn't interested like that.

Then again I think poor Gray might be a bit sheltered in that department so Yvette's implications sailed over her head.

Quote:
I guess white-haired girls are more suscpetible to motion sickness .
Honestly I would not be suprised she is actually reacting to whatever is happening with the train. She has anti-necromancy powers right? Could she be reacting to a vampire? Then again these aren't undead in Nasuverse I think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Yes, and the missing head makes it questionable whether she is actually dead to begin with.
Unless they pull some magic ritual...
We've just had a case explaining to us that necromancers can do just that, pull the deceased's spirit and ask them. And we have a necromancer aboard.

Now weather he is trustworthy, or would the same work on a moving train is whole another pair of sleeves.

Quote:
On a sidenote, Luvia's appearance feels somehow forced. And by that I mean so forced, they could have as well put Kotomine in there.
Probably since the entire Kaori/Luvia/Reines bit is apparently anime original.

Even though I can allready hear the buddy cop intro for them:
"He is an experienced mercenary necromancer in want for a kid, she is a young hothead girl with a penchant for wrestling, together they fight... crime?"

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-18, 06:37   Link #204
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post

We've just had a case explaining to us that necromancers can do just that, pull the deceased's spirit and ask them. And we have a necromancer aboard.

Now weather he is trustworthy, or would the same work on a moving train is whole another pair of sleeves.

Probably since the entire Kaori/Luvia/Reines bit is apparently anime original.

Even though I can allready hear the buddy cop intro for them:
"He is an experienced mercenary necromancer in want for a kid, she is a young hothead girl with a penchant for wrestling, together they fight... crime?"
Necromancer's can do that, yes but there hasn't been a single instance where they actually summed a deceased spirit to help solve a crime up to now. One suddenly doing that would be extremely suspicious.

Who is Kaori? The girl with the raven?
Also it woulds be a really good plottwist if that girl was actually Arcueid's younger sister, being there to wreck chaos. But I doubt her first actual appearance would be in an anime where Arcueid doesn't even appear.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-18, 07:36   Link #205
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

I didn't even think about how she couldn't have forseen that she's about to become headless later on

My idea is that Mystic Eyes are not perfect, it's possible there's a magical explanation as to why she wasn't able to foresee this, that or she's still alive and this will be resolved by her being revived later on, though IMO that's highly unlikely given Olga's reaction.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-18, 12:03   Link #206
4th Dimension

Quote:
Necromancer's can do that, yes but there hasn't been a single instance where they actually summed a deceased spirit to help solve a crime up to now. One suddenly doing that would be extremely suspicious.
Well... I'd guess they'd need okay from the necromancer. He won't help for nothing.

Quote:
Who is Kaori? The girl with the raven?
Kairi Shishigou, the necromancer with a shotgun from Apocrypha, I just suck at his name.

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-18, 13:22   Link #207
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
Well... I'd guess they'd need okay from the necromancer. He won't help for nothing.

Kairi Shishigou, the necromancer with a shotgun from Apocrypha, I just suck at his name.
Chances for previously unseen tsukihime antagonists are still alive them (Let me live in that fantasy)

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2019-08-18, 17:01   Link #208
Applehell

Her full name is even more ridiculous.

Fun episode. I guess we got out first victim or is that really the case...?
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-18, 19:03   Link #209
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Olga Marie's cameo was nice, but she comes off far older than I figured she'd be. I always got the impression she was about 18-19 in FGO, which starts in 2015. That's 11 years after this, which would put her around 7 or so. But here she's coming off as like, 14 or so. I'm confused.
She looked close to Reines' age.
Quote:
I am probably a TEEEERIBLE person in that I ship them in a HATEFUCK kind of way
You're not alone .
Old 2019-08-18, 19:50   Link #210
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Chances for previously unseen tsukihime antagonists are still alive them (Let me live in that fantasy)
Yeah, makes you wonder why they haven't made a tsukihime adaptation yet.
Old 2019-08-18, 20:57   Link #211
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
I didn't even think about how she couldn't have forseen that she's about to become headless later on

My idea is that Mystic Eyes are not perfect, it's possible there's a magical explanation as to why she wasn't able to foresee this, that or she's still alive and this will be resolved by her being revived later on, though IMO that's highly unlikely given Olga's reaction.
I'm hoping for a body double. Homonculus got killed instead of that woman.
Old 2019-08-18, 21:07   Link #212
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:

It's normal for people with the power to see the future to be unable to see their own futire in fictional works.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-18, 21:34   Link #213
alex_drian

Quote:
Honestly I would not be suprised she is actually reacting to whatever is happening with the train. She has anti-necromancy powers right? Could she be reacting to a vampire? Then again these aren't undead in Nasuverse I think?
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, makes you wonder why they haven't made a tsukihime adaptation yet.
The Dead Apostle exist in Fate timelines but are less active, also the group known as the 27 DAA doesn't exist in Fate timelines, not as a group that is, only the members, and even so not all of them because some didn't take that path.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-18, 23:29   Link #214
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
It's normal for people with the power to see the future to be unable to see their own futire in fictional works.
I'm aware of the trope, but this is fate we're talking about, it's very likely that there's an in universe explanation with english words scattered throughout that doesn't really make sense
Old 2019-08-19, 06:03   Link #215
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post
The Dead Apostle exist in Fate timelines but are less active, also the group known as the 27 DAA doesn't exist in Fate timelines, not as a group that is, only the members, and even so not all of them because some didn't take that path.
And some got killed, as per Dantes' side stories.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-19, 10:27   Link #216
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Also it woulds be a really good plottwist if that girl was actually Arcueid's younger sister, being there to wreck chaos. But I doubt her first actual appearance would be in an anime where Arcueid doesn't even appear.
There's virtually no chance that's Altrouge.

On another note this show needs more Yvette
Old 2019-08-24, 15:57   Link #217
magnuskn

This is such a wonderful show. Clearly the best one this season.
Old 2019-08-24, 16:00   Link #218
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
There's virtually no chance that's Altrouge.

On another note this show needs more Yvette
Let me live in my bubble where actual Primate Murder gets his actual screentime (i.e. not as a poodle). Which in turn requires Altrouge to appear.

E:
That being said

Priest: "The victim died of severe trauma, due to being beheaded."
Thank you for that valuable insight, Sherlock Obvious! If you hadn't told me otherwise I would have said she died because she got killed.

Also Reines got money slapped

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2019-08-24 at 18:16.
Old 2019-08-24, 18:28   Link #219
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Wait, how was that woman summoned? Using Iskandar's mantle of course, but I mean which ritual was used. Waver mentioned her being a "Ghost Liner" and I don't know if I'm supposed to know what the fuck that is. Based on what he said, it's an alternate container for a heroic spirit compared to the servant system, and that's about all I got. Why would Waver want to get into the HGW so badly if there's another way to summon Iskandar? I'm going to guess it's because it requires absurd mana and therefore involves a lot of sacrifices.

Waver basically said he didn't see her in Iskandar's NP (as if he could remember the faces of all those heroic spirits, but whatever) but she's obviously related to him. Only thing for sure is that she isn't who she claimed to be.
Old 2019-08-24, 18:35   Link #220
Frontier

So Mages apparently kill one another constantly on Rail Zeppelin? Trisha's lucky this time there was a detective on-board who'd actually care to solve a murder .

Sure, the priest might think all mages deserve to burn in purgatory, but even he has standards that necessitate he figure out how she died .

Luvia compared to a hyena? Well, when you see how she wrestles .

Adashino feeling Waver's face? Is she trying to make this adversarial relationship more sexually charged or what .

So now our heroes have to deal with a pseudo-Servant, not to mention one who was apparently closely linked to Iskandar, for an added personal sting to Waver. So not only does Waver have to deal with Iskandar's right-hand woman, but he also has to deal with the idea that Iskandar had "another woman" .

Olga-Marie complaining about Grey not reacting well to Waver's injury is a total hypocrite after how she freaked out over Trisha's murder. But I guess she still came through to help in her own way .

Oh hey, Melvin. I almost forgot about him. And he bought his way into the auction to join in on the fun with Waver. Maybe he'll bring Svin and Flat with him .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
remember the faces of all those heroic spirits, but whatever) but she's obviously related to him. Only thing for sure is that she isn't who she claimed to be.
To be honest, when I first saw her I wondered if she was a gender-flipped Iskandar (which would explain the Noble Phantasm), but I'm not sure how that would work .