AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru... Index [LN/M] - Genesis Testament Volume 1 Rating
Perfect 10 4 19.05%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 33.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 33.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 9.52%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 4.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2020-02-11, 18:59   Link #61
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

That's what bothers me, it was hand waved by the author leaving it up to the reader's minds.
Old 2020-02-11, 19:29   Link #62
tsunade666

isn't that kamachi's way? with lots of throw away characters. i loved kamachi's work before but as the story goes and the character population explodes. my interest on it also explodes.
Old 2020-02-11, 23:14   Link #63
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Finished the volume.

Accelerator is the best boy. Just like what happened in previous three volume, he continues to mature and to impress me none stop.
Finally, he no longer is a monster but like his predecessor, a "human" now.

But what really made me gasped air in total awe is... is... A N N A S P R E N G E L
That wench single handedly trampled, leveled, and flattened all boss characters before her with just one single action.
Who would have though, WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT!?
She truly is something else, immediately blast us with the unthinkable right off the volume 1.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-12, 10:38   Link #64
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Finished the volume.

Accelerator is the best boy. Just like what happened in previous three volume, he continues to mature and to impress me none stop.
Finally, he no longer is a monster but like his predecessor, a "human" now.
It's not just Accelerator, I think the series itself is maturing, moving in a new direction. I'll have to wait to see if that promise is fulfilled, but I have high hopes.

Quote:
But what really made me gasped air in total awe is... is... A N N A S P R E N G E L
That wench single handedly trampled, leveled, and flattened all boss characters before her with just one single action.
Who would have though, WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT!?
She truly is something else, immediately blast us with the unthinkable right off the volume 1.

Yes, Anna is amazing.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-12, 18:09   Link #65
KiharaRonin

For those who have finished the book
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2020-02-12, 19:04   Link #66
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiharaRonin View Post
For those who have finished the book
Spoiler for spoiler:
And this is what I meant about these kind of events, author leaves Io to reader's imagination.
Old 2020-02-13, 08:41   Link #67
KiharaRonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
And this is what I meant about these kind of events, author leaves Io to reader's imagination.
Not really to be honest. Having finally gotten to read Chapter 4, the explanation makes sense for her as a character and lines up with past volumes well. Like...
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2020-02-13, 12:00   Link #68
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Best fairy is here. All is well. And wow, no reversal for Accel.

Now, impress me, Anna.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-13, 22:30   Link #69
Daft

So the book ends with Anna feeding Touma a pill that directly affects his brain after calling him an amnesiac. Welp. Looks like we're going straight to Touma mind shenanigans next volume. Whether it's manipulating his memories, dragons, or something else inside him it's sure to be entertaining. The way she so casually flipped the world on its head by using technology to introduce magic to the whole world is hilarious. It's so simple but effective to overpower the esper development.
Old 2020-02-14, 09:11   Link #70
KiharaRonin

This volume was amazing, as an individual volume, as the start of a new series, and as a continuation of the overall story!!! It reintroduced many of the aspects and concepts of the series, had a fun slice of life beginning, had a lot of classic callbacks (such as the Prologue), used all of its the characters well (Misaka wasn't forced into the story and Index contributed as she would in OT, probably one of the best uses of her Perfect Memory), and it pushed the story forward in an extremely crazy and unexpected direction.

The series has definitely matured. There may be a lot of stuff expected of the series still here (such as fanservice), but I really enjoyed the speech/punch conclusion to the fights because, that's iconic and it became infrequent in NT. But as for the series maturing, the direction its going in is game changing. Accel's decision shows how far he's come and what's going on with Magic is something that's been a long time coming. Anna is already showing herself to be an antagonist unlike what we've seen. Fiamma, Othinus, Aleister and Coronzon, I enjoyed them as antagonists and they were each awesome in their own way, but Anna has just made a giant step so quickly, unlike what we've seen before. And with everything she's done in such a short time, she's definitely gearing up to be a great antagonist.

Overall, if this is a precedent for what's to come and we continue getting volumes this consistently great, Genesis Testament is gonna be a fun ride for sure. That ending leaves me so excited for GT2, I cannot contain the hype. Whatever its setting up, its certainly gonna be interesting and awesome. For now, I long to read more Index (luckily 2 more Biohacker Chapters and the Agnese SS are coming soon).
Old 2020-02-14, 11:38   Link #71
Chosen_Hero

Well, now everyone in the world can try and do magic, R.I.P. Saten.
Old 2020-02-14, 12:25   Link #72
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Restarts comes with a cost to pay huh.

6/10, more cons than pros this volume.
Old 2020-02-14, 12:44   Link #73
Wandering Soul

Good start to the third part of the series. Accelerator's growth continues to amaze and Anna really impressed me with how she upset the state of AC and possibly the world with such an unexpected move.
Old 2020-02-14, 22:23   Link #74
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

How about some predictions for GT?

Here's one, Olay Blueshake is involved with R&C Occultics.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-14, 23:16   Link #75
jalvin_billster1091
Arcaneus Magi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Well, now everyone in the world can try and do magic, R.I.P. Saten.
Yep RIP Saten.... Main Stream Magic, wonder how it's gonna screw the world up....

But I wonder what downsides are is there for magicians that don't have a magical name because to me magical names haven't really played much of a roles outside a few mentioning...

I wonder what that pill that was given to Touma???? Memory restoration of some kind? or something else.....

What a heck of a start of the new series of Index 10/10
jalvin_billster1091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-14, 23:29   Link #76
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Still the same crap comedy tho
You know it could be worse. As an apples to apples comparison, its better than 90% of series that play around with similar tropes.

Quote:
That's what bothers me, it was hand waved by the author leaving it up to the reader's minds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
isn't that kamachi's way? with lots of throw away characters. i loved kamachi's work before but as the story goes and the character population explodes. my interest on it also explodes.
Definitely a legitimate criticism of Kamachi. NT17 and NT22R are prime examples of where I would have liked a more fleshed out conclusion and aftermath.

But I'm certain I know when Mikoto encountered Last Order again: NT6. If Thor knew, there's no way Mikoto wouldn't.

Quote:
This one's overreaching though.

---

And now, on to the GT1 review.

8-9/10

A fantastic introduction to Part 3. Kamachi's intention was to provide a snapshot for readers to see what the state of the world is and where the main characters are as well as refreshing details for people jumping on to the series and setting up the basic promise for the major story arc. I'd say it was quite successful in doing what it set out to do and was a better introduction to a new series than NT1 was.

Spoilers
Spoiler for GT1 Spoilers
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Kamachi has now had 5 good Index volumes in a row. Keep the streak going!

Last edited by OH&S; 2020-02-15 at 00:28.
OH&S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-14, 23:31   Link #77
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by salamander750 View Post
Great, another new character, I just wish Kamachi could just re used the one ones we know
Is Index possible LN with largest ensemble ever?
If we combine characters from Index original, Testament, railgun, accel story, dark matter guy story there probably over 500 characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_slayer View Post
Is there a reason why Kamachi won't just move on with the timeline tbh? I really would have preferred seeing Touma, Accel and co in their 20's at this point rather than being stuck at 16 forever.

Touma has been stuck at 16 since 2004. That's before I even entered school lol.
Hey, at least the plot moving on unlike certain manga with kid detective with his infinity filler cases.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-15, 01:09   Link #78
itine
No Book No Live

Same old bathroom fan-service but I think is fine, since Kamachi lack of romance
Good banter Index-Mikoto-Imouto and I'm hyping for Othinus to join next
Again Misaka Imouto stole the show.
my Team Touma is complete now. and Accel was a great boss
itine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-15, 01:22   Link #79
WiliamZ0

Reason magic originally created because they envy ones with powers. Now the same thing happened again, what will happened with the delicate balance of science and magic. Even if they try to prevent, the damage already done.

It up to Touma and rest of Academy citizen to handle this situation.

Also Accelerator ideal, it won't be easy. no matter what because soon or later he will realized the shadow is needed
WiliamZ0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-16, 10:21   Link #80
Stro

I think now the Ac will have very great problem since R&C Occultics revealed to world that magic exist is an alternative to esper powers and every can use it (esper cannot use it without hurting themselves) will make investors to invest in R&C Occultics and magic in general than investing in AC.
Is very probably that a lot of magic associations will have to reveal themselves which also will be a blow to AC since there is a lot magicians that are experts that are stronger than a level 5 (well now Accelerator is using magic as well because of the contract with Qliphah Puzzle 545). A magician can use multiple types of magic (only if he/she knows how use it of course) while with espers power only you can use 1 (unless the esper have dual skill). That will justify that AC is all talk and considering that most of the student are actually level 0 and 1, then going for the magic route is much better, also to consider that Academia City refuse to share esper development.
Well now is very probably AC will share their esper development with the rest of the countries since R&C Occultics is giving magic for the common people to use (those who doesn't have powers and aren't level 0).
I guess in the next volume we will see the reaction of the magic side, some will think it will be a problem and other will probably use this opportunity to make a severus blow to science side.
There is also the issue with the level 0, since if they know if they use magic, their body will received damage because they have their bodies "modified" by AC to see if they can develop esper powers. I guess Saten will be very affected and even more since she loves urban legends and will be blow to not know that magic actually exist, with the addition of instead going to AC to gain powers (which she fails), she will regret not becoming a mage.
Stro is offline   Reply With Quote