AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru... Index [LN/M] - New Testament Volume 22 Reverse Discussion Rating
Perfect 10 10 37.04%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 25.93%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 18.52%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 14.81%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 3.70%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2019-07-10, 11:02   Link #41
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Which is why all of real Touma's counter argument to the suit Touma is extremely brain dead and insufferable to read.

Touma, your desires caused all this. No if or buts around it.
Stop making stupid excuses.
Isn't real Touma the emotional side of him? Can't expect a coherent argument from that.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-10, 11:38   Link #42
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Apparently both Touma's can go dragon.
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-10, 11:43   Link #43
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

His lack of spiritual growth, nonetheless, is still very disappointing.
Both Hamazura and Accelerator both crossed the abyss and had some improvement in one way or another, but Touma is still the same piece of garbage.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-10, 11:47   Link #44
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
His lack of spiritual growth, nonetheless, is still very disappointing.
Can you really expect spiritual growth from a guy that was split in two, and cannot even reason properly?

Quote:
Both Hamazura and Accelerator both crossed the abyss and had some improvement in one way or another, but Touma is still the same piece of garbage.
Not sure if I'd call it spiritual, but Touma has had some growth, just not so much in this arc.

Old 2019-07-10, 12:05   Link #45
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Then I shall blame Kamachi for raising my expectations.
This volume is sending the message of shedding away the old self and reborn into a new self.
This volume is also the clash of Touma's ego that's at the two polar ends of the spectrum.
And overcoming a person's own ego is always a critical element in Abyss crossing.

All signs are showing that it's Touma's turn to cross.
But what did we get in the end? Still a Touma who is egoistically wrapped in his own distorted heroism.
Old 2019-07-10, 12:22   Link #46
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Then I shall blame Kamachi for raising my expectations.
This volume is sending the message of shedding away the old self and reborn into a new self.
This volume is also the clash of Touma's ego that's at the two polar ends of the spectrum.
And overcoming a person's own ego is always a critical element in Abyss crossing.

All signs are showing that it's Touma's turn to cross.
But what did we get in the end? Still a Touma who is egoistically wrapped in his own distorted heroism.
Can someone really overcome their own ego when said ego was separated from them in a distorted fashion, and they can't even think properly?

Old 2019-07-10, 12:29   Link #47
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Touma nay have swing into extremes in this volume, but he clearly is clear minded.
He clearly recognized what his identity crisis is. But he choose to get defensive instead of overcoming it
Old 2019-07-10, 12:44   Link #48
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Touma nay have swing into extremes in this volume, but he clearly is clear minded.
He clearly recognized what his identity crisis is. But he choose to get defensive instead of overcoming it
Well his identity crisis wasn't exactly a natural occurence.

Old 2019-07-10, 13:10   Link #49
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Not a excuse. Nothing around Touma is natural in the first place as all of his perils were artificially cooked up by Aleister.

And most importantly, suit Touma is the way he is because the real Touma wanted it that way. No one injected any foreign idea into his brain, nor is suit Touma a third party that just popped out of thin air.
You can't excuse this as unatural if all the causes is internal to Touma himself.
Old 2019-07-10, 13:32   Link #50
devil_slayer

Touma was a hypocrite for the longest time who tell people to live their life the right way when he's can live his own life right lol. Dunno why you are so upset about this.
devil_slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-10, 14:16   Link #51
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

I have given up on Touma long time ago.
But what frustrated me is that this closing volume of NT just reiterate on how much Touma sucks again when we don't need anymore of this.
Thus the closure of NT is something meaningless, with misleading false hopes in earlier chapters making you believe there actually might be meaningful changes this time.
Old 2019-07-10, 14:53   Link #52
KiharaRonin

Quote:
Touma, your desires caused all this. No if or buts around it.
Stop making stupid excuses.
To be fair "all this" was caused by the desires of both the Magic Gods and Golden Dawn (and since they were founded by Anna, its technically her) and Touma just got caught in the middle because of Imagine Breaker. As for "all this" as in the incident around Imagine Breaker and the two Toumas, that's caused by Coronzon and the forces fighting her.

All jokes aside (as you obviously refer to the fight between the Toumas) it is his desires that cause the fight. However, Touma isn't gonna change anytime soon. He'll always be someone who tells others the right way to live their lives in spite of not doing so himself. Its hypocritical but its just something that's not going away soon. I don't think he's a bad character for it but it is a flaw.
Old 2019-07-10, 15:42   Link #53
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
But what frustrated me is that this closing volume of NT just reiterate on how much Touma sucks again when we don't need anymore of this.
Thus the closure of NT is something meaningless, with misleading false hopes in earlier chapters making you believe there actually might be meaningful changes this time.
I’ll read it and then see what I think. Not sure I agree.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-10, 19:09   Link #54
devil_slayer

Quote:
He was worthless for the majorty of the final arc so I guess Kamachi just wanted to give him a role to play before the end of NT.

I have given up on Touma long time ago as well after he shrugged off everything happen in NT9/10 and only came out with a slight PTSD that lasted for like, 2 volumes....

His develop is lackluster compared to the other 2 main guys but we will have to live with it for now. being hypocritical is kinda a core of his character at this point
Old 2019-07-10, 21:52   Link #55
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

It has started, time for you guys to check updates.
Old 2019-07-10, 23:12   Link #56
Callum18
Fukou da

Oh here we go.

Let's see how this all unfolds.

If anyone would like to join the To Aru Index Skype fan club. Please do PM me (:.
Callum18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-11, 08:56   Link #57
devil_slayer

I feel bad for Misaki already.
Old 2019-07-11, 23:09   Link #58
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

More updates ~
Old 2019-07-12, 06:24   Link #59
Inept Forum User

Just out of curiosity, has Accelerator had stars in his speech before?
Old 2019-07-12, 14:54   Link #60
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_slayer View Post
He was worthless for the majorty of the final arc so I guess Kamachi just wanted to give him a role to play before the end of NT.

I have given up on Touma long time ago as well after he shrugged off everything happen in NT9/10 and only came out with a slight PTSD that lasted for like, 2 volumes....

His develop is lackluster compared to the other 2 main guys but we will have to live with it for now. being hypocritical is kinda a core of his character at this point
Y'all hate on Touma too much. I find him by far the most interesting and well-written Toaru character. And I suppose, also my favorite fictional character too, to boot, lol.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote