Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragicsmile
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-03-10, 19:26   Link #243
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
I do wonder if fans of anime can accept this ending.
Old 2006-03-10, 20:17   Link #244
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2
I do wonder if fans of anime can accept this ending.
It's the most likely ending, since it's probably the most "drama-movie-like" out of all 5 endings (+ it's the main heroine's ending). The others are all either too happy or lack the right kind of punch.

Heavens Feel's true ending is nice, but the problem is directing the story there, which seems a little hard with where the anime is right now.

Or they might just make up an original ending, you never know.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 21:58   Link #245
Wrath88
Kissing...

Hmmm..... okay, thanks for the help.
Old 2006-03-10, 23:19   Link #246
stormy001_M1A2

Spoiler:
Old 2006-03-11, 13:03   Link #247
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

i have a question, when Rin was using magic on berserker, she says the words in *German*. Why use German? she can use french, spanish or something else, any significance behind the use of using German in saying the magic words?
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-11, 14:41   Link #248
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

My explination^: German for the Japanese is like French for the Canadians.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-11, 15:39   Link #249
stormy001_M1A2

The writer likes German culture, I guess.
Old 2006-03-11, 17:37   Link #250
roan

because kishua zelretch schweinorg is german.
roan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-11, 17:57   Link #251
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

hm i have a question concerning the end of episode 10, where Archer is telling Shirou something about Imagine something u can defeat in your imagination. Can this be something related to Shirou's magic and archer's identity? Because im confuse on Archer's advices to Shirou, man hes complicating things T_T
Old 2006-03-11, 20:29   Link #252
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikimori Kazuki
hm i have a question concerning the end of episode 10, where Archer is telling Shirou something about Imagine something u can defeat in your imagination. Can this be something related to Shirou's magic and archer's identity? Because im confuse on Archer's advices to Shirou, man hes complicating things T_T

Spoiler:
Old 2006-03-11, 20:33   Link #253
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot
Spoiler:
yes please, please continue Village Idiot sama. ^_^
Old 2006-03-11, 20:45   Link #254
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikimori Kazuki
Spoiler:
Old 2006-03-11, 22:53   Link #255
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-03-12, 14:13   Link #256
Incoan
Jinuar Mumbir

Send a message via ICQ to Incoan Send a message via MSN to Incoan
I have some questions regarding episode 10.
1) Ilya and Shirou mentioned some kind of magic mark , which is given to the successor by the parents (and I 'm sure I've also heard this "magic mark" in earlier episodes ) . So , how does it look like and what exactly does it do ?
2) I heard there was MUCH more to Rin and Shinji conversation in the game. Can someone tell me in a few words what did they talk about besides what was shown in anime?

Last edited by Incoan; 2006-03-12 at 16:55.
Incoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-12, 18:33   Link #257
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incoan
I have some questions regarding episode 10.
1) Ilya and Shirou mentioned some kind of magic mark , which is given to the successor by the parents (and I 'm sure I've also heard this "magic mark" in earlier episodes ) . So , how does it look like and what exactly does it do ?
2) I heard there was MUCH more to Rin and Shinji conversation in the game. Can someone tell me in a few words what did they talk about besides what was shown in anime?
1. Majutsu Kokuin 魔術刻印. I'd just call them Magic Seals. They are usually tattoo-like markings that are "carved" onto the successor of a family of magicians. Within them contains the lifeworks of every previous magicians within the family. The longer the family history, the more information is contained within them. Besides serving as the "proof" of a legitimate successor, the information contained within them often include various one-of-a-kind spells unique to the family. The succesors of the family, rather than learning them one by one from scratch, simply has to supply the seal with magic power (odo, not necessarily mana) through their magic circuits, combined with a set keyword, and the spell could be activated.

Every family's seals are different, so there are no set designs on what they look like. The green markings shown on Rin's left forearm during the school chase are her magic seals.

2. There was? I don't really remember, except the part where she punched him in the face.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-12, 19:18   Link #258
Incoan
Jinuar Mumbir

Send a message via ICQ to Incoan Send a message via MSN to Incoan
1) Thanks for the answer
2) Ok, then nvm that. :P
Incoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-13, 15:07   Link #259
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Okay here goes. What makes anime based off Hentai games so popular and inevitable hits. I've seen a bit of Shuffle and some Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien, Green Green among others and from what I can tell they often feature a cookie cutter plot of a male who is surrounded by women who are desperate to take care of him and constantly fawn over him. Stock Characters abound and confused sexual inneundo's and light hearted comedic moments ensue for much of the series while each character gets an arc. Then fans speculate over who he will choose and who is the least annoying as it gears up to an ending which always seems to be some tragic event that injures a major character. I am just trying to understand why this genre is growing so rapidly and enjoys such popularity over other genres such as Mecha, Action and Slice Of Life stories, and why they can't do something with it other than the plot I have previously mentioned. Some have their charm but the genre of Hentai-To Anime can only go so far in my opinion. Sound off on this if you'd like. I wanted to create a new topic for this but for some reason I'm restricted for doing so in this forum.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-13, 15:36   Link #260
riznar
Save the Lesbians!

Kaioshin_Sama,

Lots of people like typical. Though I would hardly call F/SN a typical HentaiGame->Anime, it does have some symptoms of the genre.

Mecha, Action and Slice Of Life stories are often just as typical. Almost all of anime and fiction in general follows one pattern or another because those patterns appeal to us on a subconcious level. It's not something you can escape completely. But what the best series do is go deeper than the formula. Some might call Haibane Renmei a slice of life anime, but it has very little to do with something like Sister Princess. And this is just my personal opinion, but the former is infinately better than the latter.

I think F/SN has that deeper element to it. But again this is all my opinion.
riznar is offline   Reply With Quote