AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2022-05-30, 13:14   Link #2081
Gerard07

I was hoping that Leon would get romantically close to his fiancées (especially Ange), but no, correct me if I'm wrong, but he hasn't kissed them yet, has he? Well, at least it seems that Ange didn't think about breaking her engagement with Leon anymore, that's good.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-30, 13:26   Link #2082
jagt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard07 View Post
I was hoping that Leon would get romantically close to his fiancées (especially Ange), but no, correct me if I'm wrong, but he hasn't kissed them yet, has he? Well, at least it seems that Ange didn't think about breaking her engagement with Leon anymore, that's good.
Lion kissed both Ange and Olivia during their engagement party, but that aside he maybe didn't do it again.
Old 2022-05-30, 14:20   Link #2083
tsunade666

He got few dates in between but closing in physical relationship is still at standstill. But. I'm liking on the way things are going in that aspect. I just prefer to focus on the plot than romance which is probably why I also didn't care much on it.
Old 2022-05-30, 14:59   Link #2084
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Right now, Noelle is the most sane. When can nice girls STOP transitioning to yanderes? It's a bit annoying.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-30, 18:17   Link #2085
AndrewR5D4

I don't recall Leon's girls ever plotting to kill anyone, so they're not actual yanderes. They just get angry at him for perceived cheating, but are quick to calm down once he explains what really happened.

On an unrelated note, I wonder if Jenna and Finley will ever improve their attitudes? After Jenna literally took a bullet for her younger sister and shielded her from abuse using her own body, I personally think she might receive some character development. Also, did anyone else wonder if Finley is taking after her brother? That beating she gave Zola was pretty insane.
AndrewR5D4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-30, 18:30   Link #2086
LG-MAX 2.o

Leon using his rifle butt to beat up Ludward is something I want to see in the manga.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-30, 19:00   Link #2087
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Right now, Noelle is the most sane. When can nice girls STOP transitioning to yanderes? It's a bit annoying.
They can't. Nice is usually just other word for weak and weakness shows by being insecure, which inevitably lead to jealousy.
Old 2022-05-30, 22:03   Link #2088
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewR5D4 View Post
On an unrelated note, I wonder if Jenna and Finley will ever improve their attitudes? After Jenna literally took a bullet for her younger sister and shielded her from abuse using her own body, I personally think she might receive some character development. Also, did anyone else wonder if Finley is taking after her brother? That beating she gave Zola was pretty insane.
Their attitudes aren't really that bad to begin with, at least compared with the other non-heroines in the city. Jenna was basically conditioned to be what society expected of her and her mother spent the last six volumes working that out of her. Meanwhile, Finley just had a lot of repressed anger and was more often distant.

Unfortunately, the sisters are currently having a falling out. To be fair to Jenna though, she did ask if the guy was seeing anyone.
Old 2022-05-31, 04:00   Link #2089
AndrewR5D4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Their attitudes aren't really that bad to begin with, at least compared with the other non-heroines in the city. Jenna was basically conditioned to be what society expected of her and her mother spent the last six volumes working that out of her. Meanwhile, Finley just had a lot of repressed anger and was more often distant.

Unfortunately, the sisters are currently having a falling out. To be fair to Jenna though, she did ask if the guy was seeing anyone.
I recall Jenna and Finley complaining about having Angie around, because they keep getting death glares whenever they mistreat Leon. Despite her haughty attitude, she can't bring herself to stand up to Angelica in her own house.

You mean Oscar? Leon guesses that Finley's explosive temper scared him out of his wits.
Old 2022-05-31, 04:24   Link #2090
mickbis

If I remember correctly Finley view Oscar as a friend/brother at first so she it too late when Jenna make a move
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-31, 14:47   Link #2091
LG-MAX 2.o

The Spanish translation returned with volume 10.

Spoiler for vol 10:
Old 2022-06-02, 10:43   Link #2092
Twi

Someone did a rough TL of the Marie Route over on the Reddit too.

Edit: Finished my review of the 8th Part. It was decent right up until the end.

Last edited by Twi; 2022-06-02 at 21:32.
Twi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-04, 23:23   Link #2093
Gerard07

Still no one who can make a summary of the new volume please?.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-04, 23:46   Link #2094
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard07 View Post
Still no one who can make a summary of the new volume please?.

Translations are only to the 2nd chapter, and even then they are rough. So we can't give you a full summary. From what I can piece together, after the fiasco last volume, Mylene is capitalizing on the fact that Erica and Leon are spending so much time together (with Marie due to reincarnation shenanigans) to try and marry him into the royal family so they get ownership of Luxion. Roland ain't happy about that and suggests he marry her instead. Specifically, he doesn't want his daughter with a womanizer like Leon (hypocrisy is noted) and he does point out that doing that will screw over Angie, who Mylene is fond of. So they're basically arguing on that front, but Mylene isn't willing to budge so Roland throws a tantrum.

Meanwhile, Angie is getting mentally hampered because she's afraid of being replaced (because other people have noticed him spending time with Erica and pointed it out) on top of her family trying to push Leon into siding with them. Because Leon had been neglecting Angie while hanging out with Erica, Olivia gets fed up and tells him to go on a date with her that he still gets blamed for screwing up and Luxion points out a difference in values between the two due to Leon coming from a previous life. Leon moved up in the ranks too fast, becoming a Duke in a single generation (not even that, but two years) and has a ton of accomplishments to his name. She meanwhile has nothing to offer him and is becoming a liability.
Old 2022-06-05, 08:04   Link #2095
LG-MAX 2.o

In Route Marie, Angie is a true monster with magical fire powers that could damage even Arrogantz and it is pointed out that she could create a Fire Stand if she had stayed longer fighting. If the author reuses this in the main story, then she definitely doesn't have to worry about other things.
Old 2022-06-12, 01:33   Link #2096
AndrewR5D4

Not much going on except a dungeon raid. Looks like Leon and the idiots make a good team as far as being an adventuring party. Angie's desire to prove herself useful is fine, but it really does clash with Leon's modern values: He only wants a happy life with her and the others, while Angelica was raised in a society where she was expected to make meaningful contributions due to marriage among nobles being so political.

Her father's desire to overthrow the monarchy is causing issues between the Redgrave House and Leon, leaving poor Angie in a hard place. Her family wants her to influence Leon to join the cause, and as a result she sees her continued relationship with him as a detriment to his well-being.

The big question is, what will finding treasure in these ruins possibly do to alleviate these problems and allay her fears of being a burden?
Old 2022-06-12, 13:21   Link #2097
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewR5D4 View Post
Not much going on except a dungeon raid. Looks like Leon and the idiots make a good team as far as being an adventuring party. Angie's desire to prove herself useful is fine, but it really does clash with Leon's modern values: He only wants a happy life with her and the others, while Angelica was raised in a society where she was expected to make meaningful contributions due to marriage among nobles being so political.

Her father's desire to overthrow the monarchy is causing issues between the Redgrave House and Leon, leaving poor Angie in a hard place. Her family wants her to influence Leon to join the cause, and as a result she sees her continued relationship with him as a detriment to his well-being.

The big question is, what will finding treasure in these ruins possibly do to alleviate these problems and allay her fears of being a burden?
Hmm now that makes more sense why she's thinking of severing the engagement.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-14, 18:51   Link #2098
csuree
The Most Hated™

After watching the first few episodes of the anime I started reading the novels. and got to Vol 6's beginning. But I can't seem to get over Leila's stupidity.

You mess up the game's scenario, almost causing a bad end. And she is just back to manipulating guys around her to get a ship and AI like Luxion. I get it that she's kinda scared of Leon possibly abusing his power but if your sister is his BF/fiancee then you as a sister in law get some kind of protection. instead of sitting on your ass, indulging in the new freedom you have (since now she can do whatever the F she wants) she goes to find a "nuke", because the other party has a "nuke" also. Like the cold war was not a valuable lesson.... She's dense and stupid.

I wish the author would have made her the priestess and her stupidity caused Loic to enslave her and break her. She had it easy because she wasn't the one abused. she does not care about her second family , Noelle. Idiotic woman.

I hope she gets what she deserves.

I like Leon's way of doing things, I would have done similarly a lot of things, trying to avoid everything major, until it threatened my existence, then if the plot wants to, save the world.

though he could be a little bit more open and not dense as a high schooler, because he's in his 20's + the 10 or so years he spent in the otome game. completely shatters the "I'm so cunning I have a backup plan for my backup plan" vibe whe he fumbles with the girls.

that's my only grief RN, Leila an utterly idiotic character, strawman-antagonist IMO, and with 30+ years exp Leon act like a child so many times.
Old 2022-06-14, 22:14   Link #2099
mickbis

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuree View Post
After watching the first few episodes of the anime I started reading the novels. and got to Vol 6's beginning. But I can't seem to get over Leila's stupidity.

You mess up the game's scenario, almost causing a bad end. And she is just back to manipulating guys around her to get a ship and AI like Luxion. I get it that she's kinda scared of Leon possibly abusing his power but if your sister is his BF/fiancee then you as a sister in law get some kind of protection. instead of sitting on your ass, indulging in the new freedom you have (since now she can do whatever the F she wants) she goes to find a "nuke", because the other party has a "nuke" also. Like the cold war was not a valuable lesson.... She's dense and stupid.

I wish the author would have made her the priestess and her stupidity caused Loic to enslave her and break her. She had it easy because she wasn't the one abused. she does not care about her second family , Noelle. Idiotic woman.

I hope she gets what she deserves.

I like Leon's way of doing things, I would have done similarly a lot of things, trying to avoid everything major, until it threatened my existence, then if the plot wants to, save the world.

though he could be a little bit more open and not dense as a high schooler, because he's in his 20's + the 10 or so years he spent in the otome game. completely shatters the "I'm so cunning I have a backup plan for my backup plan" vibe whe he fumbles with the girls.

that's my only grief RN, Leila an utterly idiotic character, strawman-antagonist IMO, and with 30+ years exp Leon act like a child so many times.
Leila is basically one of the most hated character in the story
well the end of 2rd game is

Spoiler:
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-15, 02:53   Link #2100
Lex79

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuree View Post

Yeah, romance is the week point of this series. Could have been worse, at least Leon and the girls have mutual feelings and are officially engaged, but Leon being such an herbivore is frustrating.

Tags
harem, milf, ore tueeeeee(?), otome game, queen is viable, reincarnated mc, the true king, true harem