Notices

Old 2014-03-31, 10:01   Link #81
Breimoon

the world is not just black and white you know
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 10:05   Link #82
Iron Maw
Banned

Humans have a reason to fight Vampires. Vampires have reason to fight Humans. It's all for the sake of survival for them both and not many on either side wish for co-existence even though it actually wouldn't be to hard to do so.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 10:09   Link #83
Shadow5YA

Coexistence on what terms?

You could say Yuu and Michaela's child life as human cattle counts as coexisting with vampires, but that's not at all satisfying for the human side.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 10:20   Link #84
AkitoW013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Humans have a reason to fight Vampires. Vampires have reason to fight Humans. It's all for the sake of survival for them both and not many on either side wish for co-existence even though it actually wouldn't be to hard to do so.
I doubt powerful humans like the Hiiragi would let the vampires suck their blood for free...
Harry Dresden is the only answer.
AkitoW013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 10:29   Link #85
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Coexistence on what terms?

You could say Yuu and Michaela's child life as human cattle counts as coexisting with vampires, but that's not at all satisfying for the human side.
In fiction a Vampire's bloodsucking nature is usually the biggest deterrent to mutual relationships with humans, mainly because of the primal fear it creates. However so far Vampires in this story don't need actually suck blood directly from humans. They could easily take from tubes or such. Even when do it won't actually kill person or turn them undead. So with that in mind establishing some sort of system like a Vampire blood bank based co-existence of both races isn't unreasonable. There would be no need for hunting or cattle treatment either.

It seems the main thing that prevents this besides a likely bloody history between the two races is cultural issues with Vampires themselves. It seems like accepted in and encouraged in their society to look down on humans as nothing, but pigs since they view themselves as the superior species. That's the real reason why Human and Vampire won't ever get along. There needs to be more people like Michaela on their side and less like Feild to bring about progress in that area.

Basically stop being dicks and both groups might actually get somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkitoW013 View Post
I doubt powerful humans like the Hiiragi would let the vampires suck their blood for free...
Harry Dresden is the only answer.
Well who says it has to be free.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 10:32   Link #86
Yorae_paladin1

With vamps basically there food was in danger of extinction which means they die off too. So the vampires had to act fast sadly they are assholes about it all what ever released that virus fucked it up for vampires royally from a near limitless six billion human food supply to a rare treat comprised of only thousands maybe hundreds
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 10:54   Link #87
dark44

so his inhuman part angel may be cause of punish sinners or something else?
dark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 11:45   Link #88
Shadow5YA

Quote:
In fiction a Vampire's bloodsucking nature is usually the biggest deterrent to mutual relationships with humans, mainly because of the primal fear it creates. However so far Vampires in this story don't need actually suck blood directly from humans. They could easily take from tubes or such. Even when do it won't actually kill person or turn them undead. So with that in mind establishing some sort of system like a Vampire blood bank based co-existence of both races isn't unreasonable. There would be no need for hunting or cattle treatment either.
Blood packs, huh

The problem still remains that it's an unequal give and take relationship. Even if humans donated blood (willingness aside), they still have to give up something to the vampires without getting anything in return.

What exactly can vampires give in return, without having it become an example of their racial superiority?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 12:14   Link #89
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Blood packs, huh

The problem still remains that it's an unequal give and take relationship. Even if humans donated blood (willingness aside), they still have to give up something to the vampires without getting anything in return.

What exactly can vampires give in return, without having it become an example of their racial superiority?
How about money?

In a world where vampires and humans exist, setting up channels to legally acquire blood from humans and then sell it to vampires isn't illogical.

Vampires can fund research into blood synthesis.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 15:01   Link #90
Cruor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhy88 View Post
After reading the manga up to vol 13, just wondering, who are the evil one? Human or vampire? early ch tell reader that vampire the antagonish. But Michael want to save Yuu from being deceive from human. So are the human evil?
I said it on a different forum but I feel its more like Law vs Chaos in SMT games.

While I won't say Humans are 'Law' or 'Chaos' or whatever it gives off the feeling that neither are right.

Especially given the latest chapters where we kinda realize the humans do kinda like their experiments >_>
Cruor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 15:05   Link #91
iCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
What are you saying, Shinoa obviously da best girl here, no male can withstand her erotic taunt.

Chapter 19 was very interesting,
Spoiler for spoil:
I've read up to 18, but I still don't see where he gets that Shinoa is erotically taunting every malee, because all I've read was ShinoaxYuu moments. Is every male just referring to Yuu?
I also can't find 19 w/o getting the whole jump square vol... SIGH
iCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 15:07   Link #92
Yorae_paladin1

Quote:

It seems the main thing that prevents this besides a likely bloody history between the two races is cultural issues with Vampires themselves. It seems like accepted in and encouraged in their society to look down on humans as nothing, but pigs since they view themselves as the superior species. That's the real reason why Human and Vampire won't ever get along. There needs to be more people like Michaela on their side and less like Feild to bring about progress in that area.

Basically stop being dicks and both groups might actually get somewhere.
they cannot suck blood directly as in there forbidden too as long as there inside there city fetid said this the reason there sucking on necks now there outside the law. I assume its due to when vampires bite throats its hard for them to let go and kill the victim more often than not. In that city it seems they put that to prevent greedy vampires from fucking it for everyone else.
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 16:03   Link #93
AkitoW013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
I said it on a different forum but I feel its more like Law vs Chaos in SMT games.

While I won't say Humans are 'Law' or 'Chaos' or whatever it gives off the feeling that neither are right.

Especially given the latest chapters where we kinda realize the humans do kinda like their experiments >_>
What will you do for the sake of survival in a harsher world like Owari no Seraph ? Will you do everything, even some questionable ones, to survive and destroy your enemies when said enemies think you're just cattle?

Last edited by AkitoW013; 2014-03-31 at 23:55.
Old 2014-03-31, 16:41   Link #94
Zakoo

It's kagami huh, there's no evil or good here. Simply people that strive for their own good/fight for their sense of justice.

Vampires consider human experiments as evil the same way some people would consider trying drugs on rats to be bad, humans consider vampires as evil and thus any means to defeat them is good. That's all.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 20:25   Link #95
iCK

Im gonna be so sad when Glen dies. Hes the coolest character in the manga
iCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 22:10   Link #96
larethian

Whatever the case, one can expect some of these themes to be present in Kagami's works:

1. Experimentation (every series has this and it usually takes place on the protagonist's side)
2. Brainwashing (this is major in a couple of series)
3. Everyone around protagonist can be an enemy (either temporary or permanent)
4. Betrayals
5. Batshit insane pasts (I just love DYD for this because they are very well developed especially with all the side stories)
6. Batshit insane developments (the latest record of this happening in a volume 2 of a particular series)

As for Glen dying, it's not set in stone, and he won't die so soon, I believe.

Spoiler for some info from prelude:
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 13:51   Link #97
AkitoW013

Spoiler for chap.20:
Old 2014-04-01, 23:09   Link #98
Esclair

Scanlations are really picking up speed! Hopefully we'll get caught up soon.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-20, 20:48   Link #99
Cruor

Since RAWs never appeared can I ask what happened in 21?
Cruor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-21, 00:44   Link #100
AkitoW013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
Since RAWs never appeared can I ask what happened in 21?
Spoiler for 21: