AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-03-02, 23:02   Link #101
Chosen_Hero

Man, being Japanese is like a debuff when it comes to romance in anime.

But seriously, Satou (and Hime) is in the wrong in this, first of all the Ring King situation is as it is because of his meddling and also due to Hime giving him the ring, the moment she gave him the ring she needed to understand and fully accept that doing so meant that she was going to have to share, so her being jealous every single episode any time any of the others are anywhere near close to Satou is hypocrisy on her part since she shares the blame.

Then there is Satou, his wishy-washy demeanour is an insult to the other ring princess because while they are resolving themselves to doing their duty and loving him he is just ignoring them to their faces and proclaiming that Hime is the only one that he cares about... MOTHERFUCKER, THAN WHY ACCEPT THE ROLE AT ALL IF THAT'S HOW YOU ARE GOING TO ACT? DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THAT YOUR ATTITUDE IS PUTTING AN ENTIRE WORLD IN PERIL OF BEING CONQUERED AND DESTROYED BY PURE EVIL? WHY GIVE THESE GIRLS HOPE AND MAKE THEM ACCEPT YOU AS THEIR HUSBAND IF YOU ARE JUST GOING TO BLOW THEM OFF LIKE THAT AT EVERY TURN? YOU ARE NOT ON EARTH, YOUR JAPANESE AND EARTHLING MENTALITY ISN'T GOING TO CUT IT IN THIS WORLD THAT NEEDS YOU TO PLAY YOUR ROLE AS THE RING KING TO BE SAVED, YOU ARE BEING AN UNFAIR ASSHOLE AND WE ARE SUPPOSED TO ROOT FOR YOU JUST BECAUSE "TEEHEE, I LOVE HIME THE MOST"? FUCK YOU, RIGHT NOW YOU JUST LOOK IRRESPONSIBLE AS HELL ON TOP OF BEING AN ASSHOLE THAT IS LEADING OTHER WOMEN ON AND GIVING THEM FALSE HOPE.

Damn, these kinds of protagonists really get on my nerve, just image Aragorn acting like this in the Lord of the Rings, they would have lost so hard it wouldn't have even been funny, literally no one would follow him to battle and would rather just give up on the spot because their leader isn't worth following.

Satou is either going to get someone killed or an entire city massacred if he keeps up with this because he is, somehow, still weak as fuck (even though he has most of the rings) when compared to others in his party, the power of the rings relate to his closeness to the ring princesses and seeing as he is barely trying to get close to anyone that isn't Hime it tracks that he is still this weak. Honestly, I am hoping he gets his just desserts for half-assing this much, and when it happens, he will completely have deserved it.

Sorry for the rant, I am just tired of these unheroic anime heroes that never seem to go through a proper hero's character development, which ends up making them look worse as time goes by, what's the point of a hero that doesn't make you root for him?

Last edited by Chosen_Hero; 2024-03-03 at 09:56. Reason: Spelling
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-02, 23:38   Link #102
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I'm back and forth on Satou's choices. Honesty can be the best policy and all that. But their powers are also tied directly to their bonds. Harping too much on "Hime is #1" could result in a weaker power than he'd ideally need to get through all this. I just don't think he can get that much more power out of his bond with Hime than he already has until they actually cross the line. Which again he's chosen to try and put off until after all this is over with and they are back on Earth.

Obviously Satou is hardly the first harem protagonist with a clear-cut #1 and has minimal interest in the rest of his harem. Not everyone can be the "everyone is #1" type. I just hope it's not a fatal flaw. If things work out Granart should get huge props. She's one who is willing to struggle towards a result she can be happy with. With Satou the way Satou is...

In some ways it would be interesting to see the story go down a bad end route. Satou doing the right thing for him only ending up dooming the world because the power of light simply isn't enough with the other abilities running low. I doubt it will go there. But honestly it probably should since Satou is trying to have it all his way. It's understandable that he wants to be selfish in that way. But...selfishness can destroy a world no matter how pure it is.

Saphir really is my personal #1 for this show though. I love how she's just "can I just go back to my own room" during that whole debate about who is sleeping next to Satou. She's still got a pretty pragmatic view on all this. Which could of course be an issue since with Satou and Hime being such a main pair there's less reason for her to build a tight bond with Satou. But in the end she can stomach it. And she can at least keep her sister's lover safe while going along for the ride.
Satou really lucked out that all the girls fell for him and care about him even though he doesn't feel like reciprocating their affections more than Hime's.

Honestly I love how Nefritis has such positive and wholesome vibes with this Harem .
Old 2024-03-03, 03:39   Link #103
magnuskn

So good to see that I am not the only one who is completely exasperated with the MC for being such a dillweed soyboy. Also selfish AND stupid, like Chosen_Hero pointed out.

Gotta wonder how the original material readers reacted to all of this when it just had come out.
Old 2024-03-03, 05:37   Link #104
Lex79

Yeah one normally would praise the protagonist for being loyal to the girl he loves...until you realize that he's basically telling the other girls they should be fine with a loveless political marriage while he enjoys his sweet love story with his childhood friend. I get that being raised in a monogamous society makes harder to accept being an harem king, but I hope things are going to change later.
Old 2024-03-03, 07:23   Link #105
EroKing

NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2024-03-03, 07:27   Link #106
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post

Gotta wonder how the original material readers reacted to all of this when it just had come out.
If it was the first time readers of Maybe's manga, their reaction were complaining. For readers who have followed Maybe's work after he left ero manga circle, they are chilled about it. The conclusion of
Dusk Maiden of Amnesia and To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts might be lackluster, but they were not disappointment. Dusk Maiden is about clumsy romance, as puppy love. Sacred Beasts is about PTSD and fighting action. In contrast, Wedding Ring is mixed of romance action, as in mature movies. I think readers were seeing Wedding Ring as another Dusk Maiden, but it took the different direction.

The question of why Satou doesn't act like a cheating protagonists in 1980s manga. On the other hand, it is the question of why doesn't Satou acts like an indecisive or faithful protagonists in 1990s manga. Maybe there is some reason. Maybe Maybe feel readers can have better reception on Satou, even it meant to be a harem setting.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-03, 12:58   Link #107
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Granart definitely deserves a full spread in all her glorious beauty !
Old 2024-03-03, 17:10   Link #108
Estzero1

Glad that they didn't skip anything, besides some minor stuff. While I can kinda emphasize that some are mad or annoyed, they should just chill a bit. At this point we are around about 30% into the story. Even the story itself has teased more than often, that Satou without the other girls can accomplish nothing. It's more about him realizing that his current way of thinking (while noble) could even achieve anything. It's just like Granart said.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-03, 23:58   Link #109
Alchemist007
*Author

It's not just that he's not executing, it's that the show is doing it repeatedly. Have a nice set up, he gets fired up, and fails to do it. The door to the inn literally opened for them but they walked away. With how fired up he was getting I half expected him to stop Hime from leaving and actually go in.
Old 2024-03-09, 09:36   Link #110
Frontier

You always have to trek through a mountain in an RPG! But it's less fun actually doing it for three days straight than playing it in a game! Nefritis is the only one enjoying herself! Saphir straight up needs a walking stick! And it turns out that her transformation takes a lot out of her, and she's the only Ring Princess with that kind of after-effect from their ring...so she has some choice names for her fellow sister-wives .

Does Satou really need to be collecting these rings when humanity is ready to fight the Abyss King on their own terms? Then again, he's been the only one who can really fight the Abyss Knights and imagine if the Abyss King is even stronger than that .

We've found the ruins of Idanokan! Which isn't a pretty sight! Really only Nefritis likes it because there's nobody there and she could live in peace as a shut-in .

I would totally take Granart up her offer if she wanted to give me a piggyback ride !

The dwarves were master crafstmen who created many wonders, be it sorcerer robots or a moving city, yet they were the only race to perish in the battle with the Abyss King. And it is that lingering resentment that turns one of their machines into the next Abyss Knight .

Of course, at this point an Abyss Knight isn't much trouble for Satou...but Abyss Kings' resurrection is finally at hand, and with him comes a legion of Abyss Monsters and only so much our party can do. Especially when Saphir can't transform without enough water magic in the environment !

Faced with an unending horde of monsters and without the fifth ring, Alabaster has no choice but to send Satou and the girls back to Japan to keep them safe from the Abyss King, with even Marse staying behind for their last stand. He felt like he hadn't done enough for Satou or Hime, but in his seeming last act he did what he felt he had to in order to protect him. And Hime loses her grandfather .

But yeah, they're back in Japan! And all the girls are living with Hime and learning to wear underwear for the first time! Especially bra's! Although kind of funny that Hime talks about not showing off your undies when she does it all the time, though no surprise Granart would rather go commando and there's nothing Saphir's size in Hime's big bra's...and Nefritis just wants to get to using mail-order! Quite the sight for Satou to walk in on, especially with the girls all under-dressed .
Old 2024-03-09, 18:31   Link #111
grecefar

I didn't expect them to return to japan this season but it kind of fit because I doubt the abyss king can follow them there.

now he doesn't have any excuses to go all the way with the girls ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-09, 22:04   Link #112
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Satou really is a mixed bag. He's not remotely taking the situation of managing the power of these rings and his connections to the princesses seriously, but he's also sulking because people aren't hyping him up enough ? Ok, it's probably not that bad. But it's kind of like that. Honestly though if he's going to go with his 100% Krystal route then he better hope the Ring King's power isn't needed.

Props to the show though. They make clear at multiple points that he's really only dragging out power from the ring of light. Which makes sense. There's some connections to the others so he can use their powers. But it's not on the same level.

Well hey...at least they made it back to Earth so Hime and Satou can have sex. Right Satou!?

Kidding aside (god knows there's no hope for him) this was pretty bleak. If only the cast could watch the OP they'd know what the last Princess looked like . Not a good spot though. They lost the race and now it's looking pretty bad. Honestly it'd take a real blunder for the Abyssal King to lose here. He's got the armies and can draw way more power out of what he's got than Satou can. Presumably they will find the last girl before the show ends. But will have to see if having a full set will grant such an overwhelming power-up that things will turn around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estzero1 View Post
Glad that they didn't skip anything, besides some minor stuff. While I can kinda emphasize that some are mad or annoyed, they should just chill a bit. At this point we are around about 30% into the story. Even the story itself has teased more than often, that Satou without the other girls can accomplish nothing. It's more about him realizing that his current way of thinking (while noble) could even achieve anything. It's just like Granart said.
I'm probably not going to chill that much to be honest . It doesn't matter how far into the source material we are. There's two episodes left! And not sure this is going to be such a hit that warrants a second season. So where it is right now is pretty much where the audience is going to be left. Which isn't a good place .
Old 2024-03-09, 23:55   Link #113
Frontier

Quote:
Satou really is a mixed bag. He's not remotely taking the situation of managing the power of these rings and his connections to the princesses seriously, but he's also sulking because people aren't hyping him up enough ? Ok, it's probably not that bad. But it's kind of like that. Honestly though if he's going to go with his 100% Krystal route then he better hope the Ring King's power isn't needed.
I think it's fair for him to be concerned about whether there's a point to him doing this if mankind can stand on their own and are willing to fight with or without him. Granted that was before the Abyss King awakened...

Quote:
Props to the show though. They make clear at multiple points that he's really only dragging out power from the ring of light. Which makes sense. There's some connections to the others so he can use their powers. But it's not on the same level.
It also doesn't help that Saphir isn't the base-breaker they thought she was .
Quote:
Well hey...at least they made it back to Earth so Hime and Satou can have sex. Right Satou!?
They'll be too busy managing the girls now that they're stuck in Japan .
Quote:
Kidding aside (god knows there's no hope for him) this was pretty bleak. If only the cast could watch the OP they'd know what the last Princess looked like . Not a good spot though. They lost the race and now it's looking pretty bad. Honestly it'd take a real blunder for the Abyssal King to lose here. He's got the armies and can draw way more power out of what he's got than Satou can. Presumably they will find the last girl before the show ends. But will have to see if having a full set will grant such an overwhelming power-up that things will turn around.
I can only think being in Japan will somehow let them find the 5th Princess and a way back to the other world.
Old 2024-03-10, 01:40   Link #114
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
It also doesn't help that Saphir isn't the base-breaker they thought she was .
Well I suppose it's good for them to know that they can't count on that all the time. Although I'm curious where the line is with that transformation. Does it need to be as water focused as her homeland or is there some middle ground where she can still bust it out.

Quote:
They'll be too busy managing the girls now that they're stuck in Japan .
Undoubtedly ! If nothing else though it is a solid turn of events. Not often do you actually see the isekai harem getting to hang out on Earth a bit. And having to tackle the whole "we don't have other sentient races hanging around" thing .

Quote:
I can only think being in Japan will somehow let them find the 5th Princess and a way back to the other world.
You may be right. Be weird for them to march back with only their current numbers. Guess it's not impossible they sent her to Earth as a safety measure. I mean...the same thing was done with Krystal after all .
Old 2024-03-10, 03:37   Link #115
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I was worried Gandalf's ripoff would do the "You shall not pass!" thing, but thank gosh they didn't rip off more stuff

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-10, 18:00   Link #116
Chosen_Hero

I bet that we are going to find out that the people of Earth are the descendants of the Dwarves or something and that the ring and the princess was on Earth all along (they did mention that they all just disappeared, so they all went somewhere and of course it will be the most convenient place for them to meet).

Also, just watch Satou find any excuse he can to not have sex.
Old 2024-03-10, 20:05   Link #117
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
I bet that we are going to find out that the people of Earth are the descendants of the Dwarves or something and that the ring and the princess was on Earth all along (they did mention that they all just disappeared, so they all went somewhere and of course it will be the most convenient place for them to meet).

Also, just watch Satou find any excuse he can to not have sex.
She's not in a sci-fi city but Tokyo after all ?
Old 2024-03-10, 20:39   Link #118
Estzero1

Quote:
I'm probably not going to chill that much to be honest . It doesn't matter how far into the source material we are. There's two episodes left! And not sure this is going to be such a hit that warrants a second season. So where it is right now is pretty much where the audience is going to be left. Which isn't a good place .
You think so. I'm not so sure. They just could give us a better approach than Isekai Meikyuu, introduce Amber and leave it at that, or the plan right from the beginning was to do more. Think about it. They advertised the series quite a bit, so it is not unreasonable to get at least a another cour. Source material alos has a few chapter left before being finished (which could make a difference or maybe not), so I think it possible that there will be more.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-10, 21:03   Link #119
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
She's not in a sci-fi city but Tokyo after all ?
Watch how she was his classmate all along.
Old 2024-03-16, 08:37   Link #120
Frontier

Now that the girls are all in Japan...it's time for shopping! Complete with new casual clothes for the other princesses! Hime is way more happier than I expected getting to dress everybody up, but they're rocking those outfits !

So how are they going to get back? Should they even try? Nefritis actually seems to be enjoying the human world, but even someone like Saphir is concerned even if she hides it behind her aloofness. But she can't help but enjoy Japanese sweets !

Bathohuse time with the girls and Granart's uncensored bosom !

Well, they're finally in Japan now, so are Satou and Hime going to start banging? She's sleeping over with him anyways since there are three other girls in her apartment. Though the mood probably isn't the best when Hime is still mourning her grandpa. Not only was Alabaster a Great Sage, but he was a Great Man who made sure Hime was provided for if she ever ended up back in Japan .

I love how Satou never actually expected to go back to school and has to take up make-up exams. Like, the one perk of being in another world is not having to go to school .

Nefritis at the library! Granart becoming friends with cats! Saphir munching! All the girls have found something to do, but Satou just feels restless. Hime is probably the one most happy with being back and being somewhere at peace, especially because she doesn't want to risk Satou .

But then who should conveniently pop out of a shrine out of nowhere but...the 5th Ring Princess! Amber, voiced by Mikako Komatsu! Well, more like a robot replica designed in her image, but she's still effectively the princess and she's been stashed in Japan waiting to fulfill her duty with the Ring King! Even if she has awkward timing when it comes to Satou and Hime .

Amber was created with one function, to serve the Ring King and help him defeat the Abyss King, and she'll follow him around with that function. She's also been in Japan long enough to know the land and it's people well, and just like families have carried their business for generations, Amber has carried her will to be a Ring Princess. And Satou is willing to fulfill that, and finally accepts her and her ring...complete with a school rooftop kiss .

I get that Hime doesn't want to risk Satou or their lives by going back, but they still have a job to do, but at least before they go they can finally have sex...and they actually WERE going to before Amber showed up with the teleportation spell they need to go back. The timing of this girl, I swear, we were THIS close .

(Maybe this is karma for Hime wanting to jump ahead of the other girls and Satou prioritizing her over the other princesses. Maybe he should've listened to Granart saying that he should spend time with all of them ?)

But now it's time for everybody to go back! Granart was respecting Hime and Satou's wishes but she's ready, Saphir is overcome with emotion, and Nefritis...is asleep, but still! Time for round 2 !

Tags
fan service, harem