Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Re:Zero

Notices

Old 2020-07-26, 12:05   Link #81
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
There is no Envy either.
And there is also no Pride, as mentioned by Petelgeuse in the previous season.

So, in conclusion:
There is no Envy (according to Applehell), Pride is vacant, Sloth was taken out, Greed and Gluttony have (technically) revealed themselves...which leaves Wrath and Lust to be revealed.
Old 2020-07-26, 18:51   Link #82
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zufiria View Post
Does anyone else feel like there was a substantial amount of information about Sanctuary and the people there cut that was in the LN? I haven't read it yet, but there was just something off about the pacing that felt like they needed to leave out.

But yeah other than that, Echidna. She's fun, I really hope Subaru takes her up on that exposition tea party in the future when Emilia is fine.
No idea.
I heard people saying the web novel has the most information. It has been stopped updating for long time, due to the author had to work 10 hours a day for his day job. The light novel is the condensed version of the web novel, and it is what anime is based on. The irresponsible online comments stated author still participated in the anime's script. Maybe he takes days off from his work.

I do not think Emilia will ever know Subaru is at the tea party in his dream. Subaru promises Echidna that he shall return, so the party can be expected. Maybe Echidna will have tea food next time.

The anime suggest that Subaru's ticket to the tea party is Sloth's Witch Genes(or Witch Factors). However, by reviewing the first season, it shows that Subaru acquires his first Witch Genes when he arrived at the iseki. Anime gives the clear hint that it is the gift from Satella. The downside is Subaru cannot control it. The first save point is triggered in front of the fruit store owner. It may due to his weak MP. Out of six elemental skills, Subaru can also use weak shadow magic. By using his attack, he got beaten badly. Even he has a new skill, he cannot master it. It is as after Megaman beating a level boss, the Megaman acquires a weak boss skill. His best weapon is still his persuasion and negotiation skills.

Last edited by scififan; 2020-07-26 at 19:02.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-26, 22:08   Link #83
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
And there is also no Pride, as mentioned by Petelgeuse in the previous season.

So, in conclusion:
There is no Envy (according to Applehell), Pride is vacant, Sloth was taken out, Greed and Gluttony have (technically) revealed themselves...which leaves Wrath and Lust to be revealed.
The series has hinted in the past that Subaru is Pride. As important and connected as he is to Satella, and with his ability, it wouldn't surprise me if he was unknowingly an Archbishop especially since Pride was the only one they apparently hadn't found yet. Petelgeuse thought it might be him.

In the Opening there's a montage that features Greed and Gluttony along with a ponytailed blue-haired girl and Elsa that comes right after them. Could be indicative that they're on the villains side but could also be indicative that they're the last two Archbishops. Elsa as Lust is kind of too obvious though .
Old 2020-07-27, 06:47   Link #84
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

all my replies just showed that I know nothing about this show
I don't know whether it is not explained properly yet or I just missed whole heavy stuffs here

Probably I'm just too curious about Beatrice
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-27, 08:00   Link #85
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
In the Opening there's a montage that features Greed and Gluttony along with a ponytailed blue-haired girl and Elsa that comes right after them. Could be indicative that they're on the villains side but could also be indicative that they're the last two Archbishops. Elsa as Lust is kind of too obvious though .
Subaru probably still has some degree of PTSD from his previous encounters with Elsa But she can be dealt with again if they can somehow enlist Reinhart's help...

As for the others...not sure about the blue-haired girl, but Rem put up a good fight against Gluttony, which would've lasted longer if she wasn't protecting Crusch or get stunned by Greed's attack.

Speaking of Greed, he appears to be the most dangerous of the bunch. He just stood there, hardly even moved, unfazed by the attacks that hit him.
...Also, isn't there a troupe about villans dressed in white?
Old 2020-07-29, 03:08   Link #86
Applehell

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-29, 10:09   Link #87
Frontier

Suddenly Subaru's reflexes and physical fitness make a lot more sense if that was his normal morning routine with his dad .

Subaru's parents are quite the characters. His dad is a lively, passionate, muscle-man who seems beloved by the community while his mom is a beauty, a bit spacey, and a little childish. But ultimately they both loved and cherished Subaru and never forced their own expectations upon him, realizing that he had to find himself in his own time and in his own way and knowing for sure that he would because they believed in him. Subaru truly came from a good home .

I would say Subaru is definitely half of both his parents, especially when he gets his hair and facial roundness from his dad, but the eyes and face of his mom .

So we finally see how Subaru ended up a shut-in. Having to live up to the expectations of being his father's son and not always being the best at everything caused him to act out to get attention, only for that to completely backfire in high school. It does explain a lot about his personality and how he's projected himself to others .

Man, if Subaru's parents had done half of what he wanted them to do, they would've been the worst parents either .

For as many bad things that have happened to Subaru after he'd been transported to another world, it had it's upsides. It gave him a chance to finally stand out as an individual away from his parents (even if he could ultimately never stop being their son in the ways that counted) and let him find love, people who love him, and true friends to cherish. In that regard it was this experience that helped Subaru truly become a man .

I guess this trial was all about facing your past regrets and moving on from them, so Subaru was pained every time he still tried to give up or face away from his mistakes. It makes me wonder what Emilia had to deal with .

Were those actual Light Novel posters in Subaru's room? I think I saw Kirin Todo from Asterisk War .

On the plus side, Subaru got to finally put to rest his regrets from his old life and reconcile his relationship with his parents, and get to properly say goodbye to his mom like he should have before it happened. He's probably still got plenty of time left in this other world, but I hope Subaru can eventually see his parents again properly .

Surprise Echidna in a school uniform! I guess she's going to be involved even more in the trial process than I expected .

The new Ending animation is pretty nice. It feels appropriate for the series and shows a lot of Echidna and her butterflies, possibly indicating the influence of her machinations in the lives of our beloved cast .
Old 2020-07-29, 12:00   Link #88
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Were those actual Light Novel posters in Subaru's room? I think I saw Kirin Todo from Asterisk War .
Yes, they were. From series that have a character with silver hair. I recognized Asterik War and Absolute Duo posters, but not the third one

Great episode. Finally some insight on Subaru's life before he was sent to another world, and also the worries that weighed on him. Also loved his parents, an eccentric and energetic father, and the calm and somewhat airhead of a mother.

Then, suprise surprise, Echidna wearing a school uniform and waiting for Subaru.
Eager to know her opinion on the "modern world" and also if the trial is over or there's still something left...really, these cliffhangers leave you wanting more

The new ending is pretty good too, with some apparent hints on the characters featured in it.
Old 2020-07-29, 13:33   Link #89
zeross87

god i hate those kind of things (regrets from his past life) in isekai so i found this episode sooooooooooo boring. i also hate the "hallucination" or "dream" moment so i really hated this one
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-29, 15:02   Link #90
Ultragunner

Echidna is too powerful, she was The Witch of Greed and now a high school girl??

Too OP, pls nerf
Old 2020-07-29, 16:07   Link #91
Applehell

The episode was nearly a 1:1 adaption of the ch 4 so no wonder it was 29 mins and frankly perfect!

Last edited by Applehell; 2020-07-29 at 17:36.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-29, 17:55   Link #92
Wandering Soul

Cutting the OP to extend the episode lenth and still making it longer? That's the Re:zero I know.

This was a good episode as very rarely does an Isekai focus on the Mc's past in the regular world and how it shaped them. None of it was real, but Subaru still made reached a resolution with both his parents and himself. I can only wonder how his parents are reacting to his disappearance back home.

After all that, we end things with Enchinda in a school uniform. There are worse ways to end an episode.
Old 2020-07-29, 18:48   Link #93
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm hoping this was actually some kind of shared dream between Subaru and his parents, because if his parents weren't real then everything they said to him in this episode would ring hollow.

Anyway, his parents are really awesome, and I hate the thought they're going to spend the rest of their lives wondering what happened to their son.
Old 2020-07-29, 21:55   Link #94
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Cutting the OP to extend the episode lenth and still making it longer? That's the Re:zero I know.
I'm starting to wonder if we'll only get one episode this season that actually plays the Opening and Ending together .
Old 2020-07-30, 16:21   Link #95
Jaden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm hoping this was actually some kind of shared dream between Subaru and his parents, because if his parents weren't real then everything they said to him in this episode would ring hollow.

Anyway, his parents are really awesome, and I hate the thought they're going to spend the rest of their lives wondering what happened to their son.
The vibe I got was that the parents were constructed from Subaru's memories. I feel like if they were that cartoonishly warm and meddlesome all the time, there's no way Subaru could've kept up being a hikikomori for years. In reality, they had to be more distant and busy.

And actually, they didn't need to do anything, since Subaru has already regained confidence. All he needed anymore was some absolution from the guilt of abandoning his parents. That was simple enough, so he clears the trial pretty quickly. If Subaru had to take this trial right after being isekai'd, it'd probably have been an infinite loop of suffering.

The only mysterious part was the "homework" given by mom. That's not something Subaru would dream up himself, so what does it mean? Was it actually real, or was that a message inserted by the witch?
Old 2020-07-31, 01:16   Link #96
scififan

Subaru(Re-Zero), tries to be popular in his school, but failed miserably. Frustrated, he refuses to go to school. His parents try to cheer him up, saying he can still be a winner.

Kazuma(Kono Subarashii), finds his childhood sweetheart sleeps with another guy. Heartbroken, he refuses to go to school. His parents laugh so hard, saying he is a loser.

SUbar's story feels sadder.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-31, 06:53   Link #97
DracoS

Intresting how this season taking a very diffrent path with the plot flow. Subaru hasn't really used return by death outside the first episode, and the story seems to be putting a lot of focus on world building.

Heck the removal of Rem constant presence was pretty ballsy, considering her fan bases size as well.
DracoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-31, 10:27   Link #98
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
there's no way Subaru could've kept up being a hikikomori for years
It was only 3 months though.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-31, 13:14   Link #99
Jaden

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
It was only 3 months though.
In the dream it had only been 3 months, during the first year of high school. But I thought Subaru is 18 years old? So when he was isekai'd, he would have dropped out about 2 years ago...
Old 2020-08-01, 03:31   Link #100
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Usually this part of episode is a boring and cringe part of an isekai series.. But I actually list down this one as favorites, simply because I can relate a bit on Subaru. And also his parents are just wholesome. A great role model for sure.
We can see clearly on how they molded Subaru's character from his parents and past.
So this episode is another great development on Subaru

looking at Echidna, I think she really surpassed time and space. This "past" is most likely part of inside Subaru's memories but she just settled in the high school naturally. Usually we will at least see Echidna getting surprised at how different Subaru's world is
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote