AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Re:Zero

Notices

Old 2020-06-12, 22:22   Link #81
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
Oh, Tokkan's right. I misread your post because I thought you were talking about Echidna. She was mysterious VA in the OVA. Satella already has a VA and that's Rie.
Wow, they even have the same voice .
Quote:
Oh her relationship was important, but more of an afterfact thing of previous. She hardly the only person who effect him in that way either up on until that point tho. Emilia had not been by his side and support him throughout the 1st and 2nd arcs he wouldn't even made to 2nd half of the show. Even Betty and Ram's interactions where important to him an extent, just not as much the other two girls.
I think Subaru's been effected by his relationships with all the women in his life and through various loops to some extent but never quite at the kind of pivotal moment as with Rem in my opinion, where she took a Subaru who was utterly broken and helped him re-evaluate himself and his mission and kind of encapsulated the whole theme of the series moving forward.
Quote:
That said proper main heroines to me are characters who have a lot of story central to their own conflict and goal almost just as much of male lead. They aren't just romantic interests. Rem to me is more of wingman who is motivated by her own feelings for Subaru to help him, but doesn't drive the plot on her own like other secondary characters.
That's a fair take.

Rem kind of willed herself into the wingwoman position because she wants Subaru to be happy over herself but she proved to be a strong partner who can help inspire Subaru in her own right .
Old 2020-06-12, 23:31   Link #82
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Wow, they even have the same voice .
Yep and no need to pay extra money to cast a new VA.

Not that I think most people would object to more Rie anyway.

Quote:
I think Subaru's been effected by his relationships with all the women in his life and through various loops to some extent but never quite at the kind of pivotal moment as with Rem in my opinion, where she took a Subaru who was utterly broken and helped him re-evaluate himself and his mission and kind of encapsulated the whole theme of the series moving forward.
I mean sure, but for Subaru that would be 2nd most pivotal moment. If not for Emilia extending a helping hand where others didn't without obligation and even to her detriment a lot of way when he first came in to this world, Subaru would still be lost or worst fate. Ever since then and even now she has been his major benefactor and he hasn't forgotten that. He's always felt bad was able to live to the sense of gratitude his held for her. Rem understand that kind of feeling becasue the same thing more or less happened to her only with Subaru.

Quote:
That's a fair take.

Rem kind of willed herself into the wingwoman position because she wants Subaru to be happy over herself but she proved to be a strong partner who can help inspire Subaru in her own right .
Agreed!

Anyway they left out Regulus (the white haired guy) and Lye VA's so hopefully we get them soon.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-13, 06:51   Link #83
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Oh, Tokkan's right. I misread your post because I thought you were talking about Echidna. She was mysterious VA in the OVA. Satella already has a VA and that's Rie.
I didn't know Satella's VA was Rie. Did she talk at some point in the first season?

My theory about Emilia is probably right then, which would mean that Echidna is working for Satella. In the first place, it's odd for a witch to show up when Satella is supposed to have killed them all.
Old 2020-06-13, 09:52   Link #84
Frontier

Quote:
Yep and no need to pay extra money to cast a new VA.

Not that I think most people would object to more Rie anyway.
I know I wouldn't .

And the currently airing Listeners proves she can do a great job voicing villains .
Quote:
I mean sure, but for Subaru that would be 2nd most pivotal moment. If not for Emilia extending a helping hand where others didn't without obligation and even to her detriment a lot of way when he first came in to this world, Subaru would still be lost or worst fate. Ever since then and even now she has been his major benefactor and he hasn't forgotten that. He's always felt bad was able to live to the sense of gratitude his held for her. Rem understand that kind of feeling becasue the same thing more or less happened to her only with Subaru.
Yeah, I would say both moments are probably the pivotal moments for defining Subaru's character, which is why Emilia and Rem are his 1st and 2nd girl respectively .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I didn't know Satella's VA was Rie. Did she talk at some point in the first season?
When Subaru used Return by Death on Petelgeuse in his body, Petelgeuse saw Satella in the shadows. She said he "wasn't the one," likely because he wasn't Subaru.
Old 2020-06-13, 10:22   Link #85
Estzero1

Quote:

Yeah, I would say both moments are probably the pivotal moments for defining Subaru's character, which is why Emilia and Rem are his 1st and 2nd girl respectively .
It's true I guess, even though the anime would like to change the narrative about this whole dynamic.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-14, 02:18   Link #86
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Quote:
I mean sure, but for Subaru that would be 2nd most pivotal moment. If not for Emilia extending a helping hand where others didn't without obligation and even to her detriment a lot of way when he first came in to this world, Subaru would still be lost or worst fate.
From Zero is what redefines what Subaru is going to do in the world. It's literally in the name, that moment is why Subaru is capable of tackling the Betelgeuse menace and the whole situation in Arc 4. Sure, Emilia's gesture of kindness was important, but realize that just merely taking him in wasn't some big ass turning point. He was still stuck in his own mindset, the mindset that led him to isolation in Japan. From a character development standpoint and a plot standpoint, this is not quantifiable as a pivotal moment. From Zero is by far the most pivotal moment in the entire series for Subaru when looking at how it transforms Subaru into the Subaru we know of in the later arcs. Like yeah Emilia helping Subaru lays the groundwork but it doesn't change Subaru so significantly that his behavior and methods drastically change.
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-14, 05:50   Link #87
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeMancer View Post
From Zero is what redefines what Subaru is going to do in the world. It's literally in the name, that moment is why Subaru is capable of tackling the Betelgeuse menace and the whole situation in Arc 4. Sure, Emilia's gesture of kindness was important, but realize that just merely taking him in wasn't some big ass turning point. He was still stuck in his own mindset, the mindset that led him to isolation in Japan. From a character development standpoint and a plot standpoint, this is not quantifiable as a pivotal moment. From Zero is by far the most pivotal moment in the entire series for Subaru when looking at how it transforms Subaru into the Subaru we know of in the later arcs. Like yeah Emilia helping Subaru lays the groundwork but it doesn't change Subaru so significantly that his behavior and methods drastically change.

What qualities as a pivotal moment is something (or things) that impacts a character's life so strongly that it continues to influence that character throughout the story. Meeting and becoming involved with Emilia definitely fits becasue it began his raison d'être in time he had become withdrawn (can't say much more with S2 spoilers) and that motivated him to continue living here. He also definitely wasn't the sort of person who was inclined to go out of his way help others like he did in Arc 1 (which is shown in an example with the little girl) prior to this, it was Emilia who brought thta out of him as he hadn't felt that way about anyone before. But was not something that supposed to fix him completely, but be part of a process of growth over the course of the story.

My post isn't just my interpretation, its what Subaru actually feels and what he has felt like before coming to this world. Meeting Emilia and attaining the life he has now was a new beginning for him that's why he struggle so hard to keep it while trying to hold down his anxieties of inadequacy. From Zero wasn't really just about refining who he was but reaffirming why he was here, why he cares at all. Like Subaru doesn't just go through one moment of growth he goes through several phases of them that strengthen his connection to this world and characters in it. He thinks back to these moments from time to time the especially in 2nd season when he undergoes a certain event (vol 10).

So the beginning is absolute a pivotal moment for him. From Zero doesn't change those feelings he felt then, it just sands away a part of his emotional baggage from his past that inhibited what he wanted to do as each arc has been doing. Its not something that occurred in a vacuum or unrelated to everything that before that nor is it the only thing that had any impact on him. Basically Subaru was already changing before From Zero due his relationships, what that did just pushed those changes further and harder which why his development is good.

So this not an "either or" thing here, rather that this something built on over the course of the story that attempts address various parts of his flaws which is why From Zero was just culmination of all the pieces of his development from Arcs 1, 2 & 3 up to that point. Its why Rem presence and words here are important, because she is living proof that his actions made some difference when he was mired in his own self-loathing from all his failures and couldn't see that. However FZ doesn't completely fix him either, like meeting Emilia didn't, it is just one event of several others contributes to improving him as 2nd season will continue to do.

Last edited by Applehell; 2020-06-14 at 08:41.
Old 2020-06-14, 11:37   Link #88
Frontier

Quote:
What qualities as a pivotal moment is something (or things) that impacts a character's life so strongly that it continues to influence that character throughout the story. Meeting and becoming involved with Emilia definitely fits becasue it began his raison d'être in time he had become withdrawn (can't say much more with S2 spoilers) and that motivated him to continue living here. He also definitely wasn't the sort of person who was inclined to go out of his way help others like he did in Arc 1 (which is shown in an example with the little girl) prior to this, it was Emilia who brought thta out of him as he hadn't felt that way about anyone before. But was not something that supposed to fix him completely, but be part of a process of growth over the course of the story.

My post isn't just my interpretation, its what Subaru actually feels and what he has felt like before coming to this world. Meeting Emilia and attaining the life he has now was a new beginning for him that's why he struggle so hard to keep it while trying to hold down his anxieties of inadequacy. From Zero wasn't really just about refining who he was but reaffirming why he was here, why he cares at all. Like Subaru doesn't just go through one moment of growth he goes through several phases of them that strengthen his connection to this world and characters in it. He thinks back to these moments from time to time the especially in 2nd season when he undergoes a certain event (vol 10).

So the beginning is absolute a pivotal moment for him. From Zero doesn't change those feelings he felt then, it just sands away a part of his emotional baggage from his past that inhibited what he wanted to do as each arc has been doing. Its not something that occurred in a vacuum or unrelated to everything that before that nor is it the only thing that had any impact on him. Basically Subaru was already changing before From Zero due his relationships, what that did just pushed those changes further and harder which why his development is good.

So this not an "either or" thing here, rather that this something built on over the course of the story that attempts address various parts of his flaws which is why From Zero was just culmination of all the pieces of his development from Arcs 1, 2 & 3 up to that point. Its why Rem presence and words here are important, because she is living proof that his actions made some difference when he was mired in his own self-loathing from all his failures and couldn't see that. However FZ doesn't completely fix him either, like meeting Emilia didn't, it is just one event of several others contributes to improving him as 2nd season will continue to do.
I think the lasting impact of From Zero (at least from my perspective) is Subaru finding the will and conviction to be the person he has to be to get through all this suffering and really make a difference for the people he cared about.

Which he will probably need now more then ever.
Old 2020-06-14, 13:27   Link #89
Applehell

Quote:
I think the lasting impact of From Zero (at least from my perspective) is Subaru finding the will and conviction to be the person he has to be to get through all this suffering and really make a difference for the people he cared about.

Which he will probably need now more then ever.
Right, that was what Rem's whole statement about how giving up doesn't suit him was getting at. Subaru actually feels that her expectations of him are too high due to his own low self-esteem, but because someone believes in him when doesn't in himself that much in made hm what try live to up to that ideal and try again. That definitely going be important towards the end of next season and in way you wouldn't expect.

Last edited by Applehell; 2020-06-14 at 14:01.
Old 2020-06-14, 18:33   Link #90
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Quote:
What qualities as a pivotal moment is something (or things) that impacts a character's life so strongly that it continues to influence that character throughout the story.
Meeting and becoming involved with Emilia definitely fits becasue it began his raison d'être in time he had become withdrawn (can't say much more with S2 spoilers) and that motivated him to continue living here. He also definitely wasn't the sort of person who was inclined to go out of his way help others like he did in Arc 1 (which is shown in an example with the little girl) prior to this, it was Emilia who brought thta out of him as he hadn't felt that way about anyone before.
I mean, yeah Emilia helped him and shit but its not because she was someone to bring out his better qualities. The fact that he was unwilling to help a little girl in the beginning actually devalues Subaru morally, and it proves my point. Subaru was stuck in his own selfish mindset, only willing to leave his shell because of a girl who aligned with his idea of an ideal heroine (I think that Arc 4 illustration in his room is enough to show that he's quite "particular" about females who have silver hair). Is it a pivotal moment in some guys life to start simping out to someone he'd just met for the first time? No, take the girl out of the equation and he'd revert, which is exactly what happens in Arc 3. Subaru isn't naturally a bad person, and his dedication to saving Rem in Arc 2 proves his potential. This wasn't some change inspired by Emilia though, no one who is selfish goes from self preservation to hero-hood in the span of a few days. The change is unnatural and sudden that I'd attribute it to both a inborn nature and his ability to loop, which grants someone like Subaru more then one chance.
Quote:
My post isn't just my interpretation
Uh-huh
Quote:
its what Subaru actually feels and what he has felt like before coming to this world. Meeting Emilia and attaining the life he has now was a new beginning for him that's why he struggle so hard to keep it while trying to hold down his anxieties of inadequacy. From Zero wasn't really just about refining who he was but reaffirming why he was here, why he cares at all. Like Subaru doesn't just go through one moment of growth he goes through several phases of them that strengthen his connection to this world and characters in it. He thinks back to these moments from time to time the especially in 2nd season when he undergoes a certain event (vol 10).
Yeah, anyone treats getting isekai'd and meeting a total hottie an important part of their lives, but when you look at it in a certain perspective, is it really? Just merely meeting Emilia and doing good by her wasn't the thing that severely changed his stance on everything. I guess you can call what he was doing in the early arcs "connecting with the world" but its apparent from Arc 3 on that he did a shit job at it. Emilia left him, his world crumbled and all this so called "strengthening" eventually led him to try and run away from everything save the one person who didn't give up on him.
Quote:
So the beginning is absolute a pivotal moment for him. From Zero doesn't change those feelings he felt then
Gonna have to both agree and disagree with you there chap. Subaru was at a breaking point by the time From Zero happened, he was willing to leave everything but one thing behind and run away. From Zero is a change in both his resolve and mentality whilst being a solidification of the things he wanted to achieve before his breakdown.
Quote:
it just sands away a part of his emotional baggage from his past that inhibited what he wanted to do as each arc has been doing. Its not something that occurred in a vacuum or unrelated to everything that before that nor is it the only thing that had any impact on him. Basically Subaru was already changing before From Zero due his relationships, what that did just pushed those changes further and harder which why his development is good.
Subaru wasn't "changing". The seeds to lay the foundation of change were planted (and subsequently bloom in From Zero), but he himself wasn't changed in any profound way. As stated before, his regression is counter to whatever point you're trying to set up here.
Quote:
Let me ask you something. Lets bring up Accelerator from Raildex as an example, which was more profound a change? Accelerator when he decided to protect Last Order from a bullet or when he awoke the White Wings when he finally was able to comprehend what he wanted to do, no villainy bullshit attached?
Obviously, its the damn White Wings. Even after saving Last Order, Accelerator still found himself tripping and doing bad shit, he was still killing, still maiming, still staining himself with blood. Sure, his reasons were more justifiable but it eventually drove him to go batshit in Russia which required Touma, his ideal hero, to tell him that black/white mentality was bullshit.
Of course, From Zero wasn't some reality warping game changer. Subaru was still Subaru, its up to him to fix himself. But what you're failing to understand is that this moment, whose very name has the series's title stamped on it, is obviously more pivotal to Subaru then his simping for Emilia. Whilst the beginning is important as it lays the foundations of everything, the end is the culmination of the beginning and whatever transpired before the end. From Zero was an end, and that is why it will always be more pivotal to Subaru.
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.

Last edited by BladeMancer; 2020-06-14 at 18:48.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-14, 23:05   Link #91
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeMancer View Post
I mean, yeah Emilia helped him and shit but its not because she was someone to bring out his better qualities. The fact that he was unwilling to help a little girl in the beginning actually devalues Subaru morally, and it proves my point. Subaru was stuck in his own selfish mindset, only willing to leave his shell because of a girl who aligned with his idea of an ideal heroine (I think that Arc 4 illustration in his room is enough to show that he's quite "particular" about females who have silver hair). Is it a pivotal moment in some guys life to start simping out to someone he'd just met for the first time? No, take the girl out of the equation and he'd revert, which is exactly what happens in Arc 3. Subaru isn't naturally a bad person, and his dedication to saving Rem in Arc 2 proves his potential. This wasn't some change inspired by Emilia though, no one who is selfish goes from self preservation to hero-hood in the span of a few days. The change is unnatural and sudden that I'd attribute it to both a inborn nature and his ability to loop, which grants someone like Subaru more then one chance.
As you said and Tappei has said, Subaru is not bad person. Although he would rarely have strong enough ovation as he did to help someone like Emilia normally, much less risk his life for others, its not beyond him to care. Afterall its not as he didn't want to help the little girl because he's an asshole, but because of priority whihc Emilia disregard for same reasons why she helped him. Savig his life and that in turn in is what had made bug impression him. Its what later invoked the drive in him to want to pay her back and in turn help others along the way. Is there some selfishness mixed there? Yes, but he had nothing but genuinely gratitude for her and has been one of most important moments of his life, like how Subaru saving Rem was for her. It has nothing to do with first girl thing (she wasn't even the first one he met) but because Emilia put off something that should have been was more important to help out a stranger like him with nothing to offer her. Nobody not even Rem has done that for him. If not for that Subaru reflects would be would still be out on street or possibly ended up like Al. Even after arc 2 Emilia continued to be his important benefactor.

Subaru was also partially inspired into action of saving the kids (and inadvertently Rem) also because Emilia's influence which mentioned in vol 3 of the LN that is without her presence not being there directly. Even if you had say had put Rem in Emilia's place Arc 1 things would not have played out anything like it did and From Zero would have been impossible because the basis for it is gone. Subaru's change didn't occur because Rem existed or purely because she was there. It happened because of everything leading up to it and Rem happening to be right person at the right time (and being one character who is entirely in his court now whom he hadn't burned bridges with), after he emotionally exhausted and his egotrip trip had ended. Any of heroics did in first arcs were always within his means with or without flaws so he didn't revert back to anything, his better side were simply brought out by effects those around had on him.

The stuff in his room or much of his previous life has nothing to do with his feelings its never brought up so don't matter. Its as important as him having a PlayStation. Yes he has a type like everyone else, it doesn't invalidate his feelings, means he would like every girl of that type which there at least 3-of this story and they aren't even the only girls Subaru has found attractive. So he likes Emilia purely for herself traits just further that.

Quote:
Uh-huh

Yeah, anyone treats getting isekai'd and meeting a total hottie an important part of their lives, but when you look at it in a certain perspective, is it really? Just merely meeting Emilia and doing good by her wasn't the thing that severely changed his stance on everything. I guess you can call what he was doing in the early arcs "connecting with the world" but its apparent from Arc 3 on that he did a shit job at it. Emilia left him, his world crumbled and all this so called "strengthening" eventually led him to try and run away from everything save the one person who didn't give up on him.
I mean From Zero didn't severely his change stances on everything either. It just made easier for him to cope with his problems some which still linger even after it. Talking things out with Rem allowed him to be more honest with Emilia which was something she believe he would be able to do. He clearly didn't do shit job connecting anyone considering he befriended Emilia, Betty, Reinhard, Felt, Rom, the villagers and even Ram extent. It s why Emilia wanted to talk things out with him to begin with instead kicking out on the street after his self-inflicted embarrassment. Its also not like he gave up immediately or didn't try to solve the issues in the arc, he just wasn't doing it in the right way which required him to reflect on what he did wrong first. All his actions were prepped by resentment at way things played out in the palace that exacerbated his anxieties about his inadequacy in being able to support Emilia and the loneliness of his circumstance that he couldn't tell her about. So used his pride and past actions to justify himself and kept running into brickwalls because of it. Subaru was the one who broke things on his own for being overly stubborn and was up to him make amends for that.

Quote:
Gonna have to both agree and disagree with you there chap. Subaru was at a breaking point by the time From Zero happened, he was willing to leave everything but one thing behind and run away. From Zero is a change in both his resolve and mentality whilst being a solidification of the things he wanted to achieve before his breakdown.
He been at breaking point before man and that was also what solidified his feelings for Emilia in Arc 2. If not for that he would have quit during the mansion arc. So Arc 3 wasn't a new position for him, only context was different.

Quote:
Subaru wasn't "changing". The seeds to lay the foundation of change were planted (and subsequently bloom in From Zero), but he himself wasn't changed in any profound way. As stated before, his regression is counter to whatever point you're trying to set up here.

Let me ask you something. Lets bring up Accelerator from Raildex as an example, which was more profound a change? Accelerator when he decided to protect Last Order from a bullet or when he awoke the White Wings when he finally was able to comprehend what he wanted to do, no villainy bullshit attached?
Obviously, its the damn White Wings. Even after saving Last Order, Accelerator still found himself tripping and doing bad shit, he was still killing, still maiming, still staining himself with blood. Sure, his reasons were more justifiable but it eventually drove him to go batshit in Russia which required Touma, his ideal hero, to tell him that black/white mentality was bullshit.
Of course, From Zero wasn't some reality warping game changer. Subaru was still Subaru, its up to him to fix himself. But what you're failing to understand is that this moment, whose very name has the series's title stamped on it, is obviously more pivotal to Subaru then his simping for Emilia. Whilst the beginning is important as it lays the foundations of everything, the end is the culmination of the beginning and whatever transpired before the end. From Zero was an end, and that is why it will always be more pivotal to Subaru.
I don't really see Accel's situtaion applying here. Subaru goes through vastly different development phase that partially relied his actions changing others that comeback to pay dividends for him in the future.

I have read LN that the anime covered which develed further into Subaru's thoughts. Even then I have no idea why you pretend Arc 1 & 2 were not important for his development when they provided the foundation for not FZ and rest of his relationships and later developments in S2. The anime still gives you enough to infer for that. Like you said, Subaru did not pull an completely 180 from Arc 3, he still generally doing same thing he did before, just without his neurosis screwing it up as had in the last several episodes. Even tho he doesn't feel like worthy of Emilia's affection he wants to follow his heart and rather than make excuses for being around her. As long someone supporting him in that and pick up when he falls he feels he can do so that is basis of his current relationship with Rem. FZ means nothing without anything that came beforehand is just accumulation everything before. So throwing adjectives like profound doesn't mean anything becasue those changes are not independent of his development in FZ and are required for it to exist. Otherwise Rem talking about his past actions that formed Subaru as she knew him wouldn't make any sense. As I said, this not an "either or" thing they are all connected.

For that matter only a character can decide what event had impact on his life anyway. Like take Rem for example we know how important Ram and Subaru to her not becasue we interpret that way but becasue we see it through her thoughts and actions. Meeting Emilia had a profound impact enough on him to stay course in the 2nd arc and later forgive Rem for that same reason. If not for Emilia, then Rem's stance on him wouldn't soften and leading later to her giving him a chance to trust him. These things are highlight in the story as important moments of change.

Anyway this getting far beyond the topic. My point is that nearly every single relationship is important to Subaru (Emilia & Rem being the biggest) facilitated some changes in him even before From Zero which it could only happen because he earnestly loves Emilia even underneath his pride and self-flagellation. It was catalyst for him as much as it Rem falling for him was. Tappei has never written FZ as his only moment of growth, just another level in his steps to maturing. Arc 1 was about him staring over here. Arc 2 was him becoming aware of the other things around by not taking their for granted. Arc 3, accepting his weakness and not giving up. None of arcs was silver bullet that changed him completely, but process built off each one successively. I agree FZ was one of his most important moments, nobody is saying otherwise.

Last edited by Applehell; 2020-06-15 at 03:25.
Old 2020-06-17, 22:33   Link #92
Applehell

First episode will be an hour long according to some broadcast info that came out today.

We also have a first CM with some new scenes shown:

https://twitter.com/TusTusHR/status/1273288285368930305
Old 2020-06-18, 12:36   Link #93
Frontier

Quote:
First episode will be an hour long according to some broadcast info that came out today.

We also have a first CM with some new scenes shown:

https://twitter.com/TusTusHR/status/1273288285368930305
In true Re:Zero tradition .
Old 2020-06-18, 12:52   Link #94
dark44

Doesnt all other witches make apperance in this arc if i remmber right
dark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-19, 01:12   Link #95
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Production Staff
Direction:Watanabe Masaharu
Series Composition:Yokotani Masahiro
Character Design・Chief Animation Direction:Sakai Kyuuta
Creature Design:Koyanagi Tatsuya
Action Supervision:Oota Kazuhiro
Prop Design:Iwahata Gouichi、Suzuki Noritaka
Design Works:Katou Chie、Koresawa Shigeyuki、Tom、Sakai Yuusuke
Art Design:Aoki Kaoru (美峰)
Art Direction:Takamine Yoshito (美峰)
Color Design:Sakamoto Izumi
Special Effects:Kawanishi Miho
Photographic Direction:Minegishi Kentarou (T2studio)
CG Direction:Karube Yuu (T2studio)
Editing:Sudou Hitomi (REAL-T)
Sound Direction:Aketagawa Jin
Sound Effects:Furuya Yuuji (スワラ・プロ)
Music:Suehiro Kenichirou
Music Work:KADOKAWA
Animation Work:WHITE FOX
Production:Re:ゼロから始める異世界生活2製作委員会

Quote:
In true Re:Zero tradition .
Yep!

But I'm hearing some people say the first half will be a recap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark44 View Post
Doesnt all other witches make apperance in this arc if i remmber right
Yes, you can even see them on the new key visual I posted a page back.

Quote:
Also the new key visual!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2020-06-23, 21:17   Link #96
Applehell

And to nobody's surprise it is on C.R!

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/stat...75614867533824
Old 2020-06-24, 09:24   Link #97
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Yeah, they announced they had it back in April
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-24, 09:59   Link #98
Frontier

Quote:
Yep!

But I'm hearing some people say the first half will be a recap.
That's a bit of a bummer. At the same time, maybe this is for people who didn't watch the director's cut so they can get caught up and introduce the new ending to lead into the next arc .
Quote:
And to nobody's surprise it is on C.R!

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/stat...75614867533824
Expected, but welcome .

(I wonder how soon the dub will come out).
Old 2020-07-06, 04:18   Link #99
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Screenshots and a synopsis for episode 26 (AKA season 2 episodes 1) have been added to the official website. http://re-zero-anime.jp/tv/story/
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-07, 23:04   Link #100
Applehell

Character trailers

YouTube
YouTube
YouTube
YouTube