AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Re:Zero

Notices

Old 2020-06-05, 19:12   Link #61
Applehell

Nice! I was getting worried for awhile there.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-05, 21:22   Link #62
Frontier

Yay! Happy the July airing is going through .

(Hopefully that'll be the same for other series I'm hyped for...).
Old 2020-06-11, 07:38   Link #63
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

July 8.

Confirmed new cast

Garfiel Tinsel: Nobuhiko Okamoto
Frederica Baumann: Kaori Nazuka (reprising from Rem's flashback in season 1)
Lewes Bilma: Aimi Tanaka
Echidna: Maaya Sakamoto

It's split cour, second cour is in January.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-11, 10:53   Link #64
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
YouTube

July 8.

Confirmed new cast

Garfiel Tinsel: Nobuhiko Okamoto
Frederica Baumann: Kaori Nazuka (reprising from Rem's flashback in season 1)
Lewes Bilma: Aimi Tanaka
Echidna: Maaya Sakamoto

It's split cour, second cour is in January.
A witch voiced by Maaya Sakamoto! Crusch! New maid! Petra in a maid outfit! A resolved Subaru comforted by Emilia! New villains! REM !!!!!!

So much to be hyped about. I don't eve mind a split cour with such a long wait for the second half it means the production goes along smoothly and is at the same level of quality of season 1 .

I'm betting the ending of the first half is going to be a massive cliffhanger though .
Old 2020-06-11, 11:47   Link #65
Ulin

Watching this PV, one could think that Rem was the actual main heroine
Ulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-11, 12:21   Link #66
devil_slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulin View Post
Gotta milk the cow for that cash.

You can't blame them though, Rem is likely more popular than the whole cast put together. No one makes a better marketing face.
devil_slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-11, 15:50   Link #67
Estzero1

They have to use every opportunity they can get .
Not really clever of them though, since it could easily backfire.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-11, 16:39   Link #68
devil_slayer

Fair point but no there is no better marketing than shoving Rem in half of the trailer.

They will probably put a lot focus on every scene with her to make up for her lack of screen time. Her fight already looks better than 80% of Re;Zero's first season lol.
devil_slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-11, 21:09   Link #69
bakato

Quote:
Season one also gave that impression.
Old 2020-06-11, 21:17   Link #70
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Oh boy, judging by that trailer we are gonna have more suffering Subaru back again.
Old 2020-06-11, 22:14   Link #71
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Season one also gave that impression.
I think she was definitely somewhat the Main Heroine in terms of the 3rd arc considering Emilia was separated from Subaru for most of it and a lot of that arc hinged on Subaru and Rem's relationship and Rem supporting Subaru. We even got a confession from her and everything.
Old 2020-06-11, 22:29   Link #72
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Oh boy, judging by that trailer we are gonna have more suffering Subaru back again.
Isn't that always the main draw of the show?
Old 2020-06-12, 03:35   Link #73
Applehell

The new OP song is quite good. Looking forward to animation.

ANN has new details plus the official site has been updated.

Also the new key visual!

Images

Quote:
I didn't get the vibe at all. She wasn't doing anything all the special other being featured in some fights. The real draw of trailer and where a lot of the discussion on the net has been happening is around the new characters like Echidna and Garfiel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_slayer View Post
Fair point but no there is no better marketing than shoving Rem in half of the trailer.

They will probably put a lot focus on every scene with her to make up for her lack of screen time. Her fight already looks better than 80% of Re;Zero's first season lol.
You need to watch Re:Zero's fight scenes again if you think this better than majority of them. In fact its pretty in line with what S1 had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I think she was definitely somewhat the Main Heroine in terms of the 3rd arc considering Emilia was separated from Subaru for most of it and a lot of that arc hinged on Subaru and Rem's relationship and Rem supporting Subaru. We even got a confession from her and everything.
Its actually why I don't consider her the main heroine. Her character after the second arc became entirely too dependent on Subaru for relevance and lack of personal goal outside of Subaru's romantic interest hurts her more than helps in the long run. With Emilia and Subaru that's just only one part of their relationship which why they end clashing sometimes. TBH, regency bias and Subaru being the POV character gave Rem perception of being a bigger character than she actually was in grand scheme of things. So I'm not surprised that story can continue on well without her, especially since her main role in the 2nd of S1 was to help facilitate Subaru's development after he lost everything rather than it being about herself.

I mean she's fine, but Rem is rather overrated at this point terms of character compared to several others members of the cast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Isn't that always the main draw of the show?
Sort of, its not just that. Re:Zero's plot characters and world-building is legitimately interesting and has been its main success. Its also why side novels and media that don't involved Subaru's rewind ability have been well received. Unfortunately the anime doesn't get everything but its been doing a good job integrating what it can't in dialogue through visuals.

Last edited by Applehell; 2020-06-12 at 04:38.
Old 2020-06-12, 07:12   Link #74
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

When watching the Frozen Bond OVA, I thought for sure that the mysterious character Maaya Sakamoto was voicing was Satella, but evidently not. Kinda kills my main theory about Emilia.
Old 2020-06-12, 11:25   Link #75
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
When watching the Frozen Bond OVA, I thought for sure that the mysterious character Maaya Sakamoto was voicing was Satella, but evidently not. Kinda kills my main theory about Emilia.
No she is.

- Echidna (CV: Maaya Sakamoto)
- Otto Suwen (CV: Kouhei Amasaki)
- Garfiel Tinsel (CV: Nobuhiko Okamoto)
- Frederica Baumann (CV: Kaori Nazuka)
- Petra Leyte (CV: Marika Kouno)
- Lewes Meyer (CV: Aimi Tanaka)

https://twitter.com/AIR_News01/statu...217939456?s=19
Old 2020-06-12, 18:26   Link #76
Wandering Soul

The new OP sounds pretty good. Can't wait to see the visuals for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Is it really Re:zero if that isn't the case?
Old 2020-06-12, 18:30   Link #77
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
No she is.

- Echidna (CV: Maaya Sakamoto)
- Otto Suwen (CV: Kouhei Amasaki)
- Garfiel Tinsel (CV: Nobuhiko Okamoto)
- Frederica Baumann (CV: Kaori Nazuka)
- Petra Leyte (CV: Marika Kouno)
- Lewes Meyer (CV: Aimi Tanaka)

https://twitter.com/AIR_News01/statu...217939456?s=19
Based on what she says in the trailer, Echidna isn't Satella.
Old 2020-06-12, 19:06   Link #78
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
I didn't get the vibe at all. She wasn't doing anything all the special other being featured in some fights. The real draw of trailer and where a lot of the discussion on the net has been happening is around the new characters like Echidna and Garfiel.
I think the main takeways from the trailer were Subaru meeting Echidna, Subaru finding Rem, and the fight between Rem and those two new villains (or is it one that just transforms?). Getting some "Rem's last stand" vibes .
Quote:
Its actually why I don't consider her the main heroine. Her character after the second arc became entirely too dependent on Subaru for relevance and lack of personal goal outside of Subaru's romantic interest hurts her more than helps in the long run. With Emilia and Subaru that's just only one part of their relationship which why they end clashing sometimes. TBH, regency bias and Subaru being the POV character gave Rem perception of being a bigger character than she actually was in grand scheme of things. So I'm not surprised that story can continue on well without her, especially since her main role in the 2nd of S1 was to help facilitate Subaru's development after he lost everything rather than it being about herself.

I mean she's fine, but Rem is rather overrated at this point terms of character compared to several others members of the cast.
I guess it depends on one's standards for a Main Heroine since I felt her relationship with Subaru and how that impacts him was as central to the arc as Subaru's character development was. I mean, Emilia's more plot relevant because of her relationship with Satella and overall in-universe standing (and Subaru loves her too) but just in terms of the third arc I felt Rem was very impactful in terms of her use and her relationship with Subaru.

Frankly I'm not surprised that it seems like they are "taking her out" to such a degree because, beyond popularity, she would have been too convenient to prevent Subaru from suffering given how their relationship dynamic ended up. Now he has to move forward with his vow without her by his side.
Old 2020-06-12, 19:09   Link #79
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
What I got from Applehell's phrasing was "No, she is [Echidna, not Satella]".
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-12, 21:07   Link #80
Applehell

Quote:
Oh, Tokkan's right. I misread your post because I thought you were talking about Echidna. She was mysterious VA in the OVA. Satella already has a VA and that's Rie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I think the main takeways from the trailer were Subaru meeting Echidna, Subaru finding Rem, and the fight between Rem and those two new villains (or is it one that just transforms?). Getting some "Rem's last stand" vibes .

I guess it depends on one's standards for a Main Heroine since I felt her relationship with Subaru and how that impacts him was as central to the arc as Subaru's character development was. I mean, Emilia's more plot relevant because of her relationship with Satella and overall in-universe standing (and Subaru loves her too) but just in terms of the third arc I felt Rem was very impactful in terms of her use and her relationship with Subaru.

Frankly I'm not surprised that it seems like they are "taking her out" to such a degree because, beyond popularity, she would have been too convenient to prevent Subaru from suffering given how their relationship dynamic ended up. Now he has to move forward with his vow without her by his side.
Oh her relationship was important, but more of an afterfact thing of previous. She hardly the only person who effect him in that way either up on until that point tho. Emilia had not been by his side and support him throughout the 1st and 2nd arcs he wouldn't even made to 2nd half of the show. Even Betty and Ram's interactions where important to him an extent, just not as much the other two girls.

That said proper main heroines to me are characters who have a lot of story central to their own conflict and goal almost just as much of male lead. They aren't just romantic interests. Rem to me is more of wingman who is motivated by her own feelings for Subaru to help him, but doesn't drive the plot on her own like other secondary characters.