2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-09-05, 16:47   Link #81
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loran Cehack View Post
You know what? This show has been breaking expectations since day one. It would be crazy if there was no return by death this time, but rather something else....

*Just saying hehe*
It wouldn't be that crazy. Honestly, at this point it's probably as likely to not happen as it is to happen. After all, the last line of the episode is Subarugeuse saying "I will never die!" followed by a reaction from Emilia all the way over the in the village. If anything, I'd find it strange if Emilia was reacting to his death like that since she and everyone else around her would have stopped existing at that moment. Plus, he's been on a pretty strong roll for a while and it would be kinda strange for him to redo all that badass kiting.

He probably dies though. Gotta save all those villagers! Plus, maybe this time they'll remember that Wilhelm got injured in that explosion and not leave him lying on the ground never to be spoken of again.
Old 2016-09-05, 17:13   Link #82
Znail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incest Emblem View Post
When he woke up from the explosion, he seemed to have seen the Witch's magic before he opened his eyes. Could that be the respawn point? If so, it would leave him with very little time to correct his course and figure out a solution, and it would leave heavy casualties in the village.
That seems the most likely respawn point, mostly because else so would he have to redo a lot of things that actually went well. It makes sense for the respawn points to give just enough time to fix what went wrong and not much more.
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-06, 01:34   Link #83
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
As it was mentioned earlier, the gospel might be acting as a sort of "anchor" for Betelguese. Each time he was killed, he transfered himself to the fingers and when all fingers died, he might have gone to the gospel, which was being carried by Subaru.

Hopefully, destroying the gospel will be the answer to beating Betelguese.
I don't think he 'transferred' himself to the fingers. I think they were like that to begin with.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-06, 03:29   Link #84
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I don't think he 'transferred' himself to the fingers. I think they were like that to begin with.
True. It gets a bit confusing since they act like him. But like the first one, they didn't have the memories of Betelgeuse, only when Subaru was possessed that it was clearly him.

So...I guess killing the fingers makes him move to whoever is holding the gospel
Old 2016-09-06, 03:42   Link #85
Arkard

Wait a minute... it didn't strike me during the episode or heck, until now, but why didn't Ram ask about or even mention Rem at all? 0_o
Arkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-06, 05:56   Link #86
Ulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkard View Post
Wait a minute... it didn't strike me during the episode or heck, until now, but why didn't Ram ask about or even mention Rem at all? 0_o

I would go for the easier explanation... Either she asked off camera or she knows her sister is alright because of their connection. Don't forget that Rem knew everytime Ram died and Ram is supposed to be the sensitive one
Ulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-06, 06:52   Link #87
Loran Cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
It wouldn't be that crazy. Honestly, at this point it's probably as likely to not happen as it is to happen. After all, the last line of the episode is Subarugeuse saying "I will never die!" followed by a reaction from Emilia all the way over the in the village. If anything, I'd find it strange if Emilia was reacting to his death like that since she and everyone else around her would have stopped existing at that moment. Plus, he's been on a pretty strong roll for a while and it would be kinda strange for him to redo all that badass kiting.

He probably dies though. Gotta save all those villagers! Plus, maybe this time they'll remember that Wilhelm got injured in that explosion and not leave him lying on the ground never to be spoken of again.
haha true to that, poor Willhelm.

Even if he does comes back from before the whole whale thing, i believe it's just gonna be rushed through with a "and this time, there was less casualties" sort of a thing, or we won't have much of a screen time by the end and even for Emilia's importance sake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulin View Post
I would go for the easier explanation... Either she asked off camera or she knows her sister is alright because of their connection. Don't forget that Rem knew everytime Ram died and Ram is supposed to be the sensitive one
I'd go with that too
Old 2016-09-06, 12:37   Link #88
relentlessflame

*Administrator

The moderation team hid some posts in this thread. When the moderation team does this, you will not see the post or any replies.

The reason for this action is because the posts are being reviewed for being in violation of the spoiler policy. Some people post "speculation" that is actually taken straight from the novels, but they try to act like they don't know and that it's "just a guess." Other novel readers report these posts to us to explain why they can't possibly just be guesses. While we review these posts, they will disappear from the thread to prevent people from potentially being spoiled. If we confirm that people are posting this sort of "lying speculation," it's quite likely the poster will receive an infraction/ban.

If you have questions about moderation, please contact the staff using Forum Support.
Old 2016-09-06, 13:37   Link #89
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkard View Post
Quote:
Subaru also cleared up the misunderstanding so there is no reason for her to think she is any actual danger.

Last edited by Applehell; 2016-09-06 at 13:58.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-06, 14:19   Link #90
AB079
Banned

Does anyone have actual confirmation about what's going to happen with episode 25? I really want to know if that episode is going to be a double one for the sake of volume 9 - end Arc 3.
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-06, 14:29   Link #91
Applehell

I don't think we will truly know until ep 24 hits this week.
Old 2016-09-06, 18:26   Link #92
bakato

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
Subaru also cleared up the misunderstanding so there is no reason for her to think she is any actual danger.
Her demand for an explanation for his actions indicate it was the beginning of their conversation and wouldn't she ask about Rem first? On that note, wasn't she initially a little too calm before they cleared up the misunderstanding? She believed Subaru to be a traitor and Rem wasn't with him so wouldn't she assume the worst? The last time Rem was killed she went into a murderous rage.

Last edited by bakato; 2016-09-06 at 18:39.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-06, 18:49   Link #93
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
But wasn't she initially a little too calm before they cleared up the misunderstanding? She believed Subaru to be a traitor and Rem wasn't with him so wouldn't she assume the worst? The last time Rem was killed she went into a murderous rage.
That happened because her sister had died right in front of her during the night back then without a clue in the world how it happened except Subaru who didn't even bother to any awnser questions. There is no way anyone would be calm in that situation. Otherwise I never got the feeling Ram was especially anxious person when came to her sister. If anything the incident in the forest where Subaru and Rem went alone to investigate the Shaman should been nerve racking for if that was the case since there was real danger there, but she calmly let them go. Besides since she was wrong it would mean that Rem was alright.
Old 2016-09-06, 18:52   Link #94
bakato

Quote:
Her sister had die right in front of her during the night back then without a clue in the world how it happened except Subaru who didn't even bother to awnser questions. There no way anyone would be calm. Otherwise I never got the feeling Ram was especially anxious person when came to her sister. If anything the incident in the forest where Subaru and Rem went to investigate the Shaman should been nerve racking if that was the case since there was real danger there but she calmly let them go. Besides since she was wrong it would mean that Rem was alright.
No, she didn't. They found Rem dead in her bed. This and the incident in the forest would indicate she's capable of appearing calm when she knows Rem is alive and flies into rage when she knows she's dead. Also, I edited my previous post.
Old 2016-09-06, 19:01   Link #95
Applehell

Quote:
No, she didn't. They found Rem dead in her bed.
That is what I said?

Quote:
This and the incident in the forest would indicate she's capable of appearing calm when she knows Rem is alive and flies into rage when she knows she's dead. Also, I edited my previous post.
...And by cleaing up the misunderstaning she know Rem is alive otherwise makes no sense for to dare Subaru return and not tell her. She hasn't recived a dirtress wavelength from Rem either.

Quote:
Her demand for an explanation for his actions indicate it was the beginning of their conversation and wouldn't she ask about Rem first?
Because an explanation for the present situation was a priority. Asking about her sister wouldn't change the fact she has no idea what Subaru is doing here.

Last edited by Applehell; 2016-09-06 at 19:11.
Old 2016-09-06, 19:02   Link #96
bakato

Quote:
That is what I said?

...And by cleaing up the misunderstaning she know Rem is alive otherwise makes no sense for to dare Subaru return and not tell her. She hasn't recived a dirtress wavelength from Rem either.
You said she died in front of her. Rem went to bed, died, and they found her corpse. That is not dying in front of her.

Even if we assume Ram and Rem's synthesia works both ways, that still wouldn't explain why she didn't ask about her Ram's whereabouts the first chance she got.

Last edited by bakato; 2016-09-06 at 19:19.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-06, 19:15   Link #97
Applehell

Quote:
You said she died in front of her. Rem went to bed, died, and they found her corpse. That is not dyoing in front of her.

Even if we assume Ram and Rem's synthesia works both ways, that still wouldn't explain why sh didn't ask about her Ram's whereabouts the first chance she got.
You're arguing sematics here. Regardless she saw her corpse infront of her and understandbly reacted in grief. Whether saw just dying or not changes nothing.

And no I think demanding why an army is at doorstep of place she is guarding with her life would be the more pressing matter considering they can just walking in kill everybody including her right now for all she knows. Ram needs information so she doesn't jump to anymore conclusions. She needs to be able to believe in Subaru otherwise she can't trust anything he says.

Last edited by Applehell; 2016-09-06 at 19:26.
Old 2016-09-06, 19:26   Link #98
bakato

Quote:
You're arguing sematics here. Regardless she saw her corpse infront of her and understandbly reacted in grief. Whether saw just dying or not changes nothing.

And no I think demanding why an army is at doorstep of place she is guarding with her life who would be more pressing matter considering they can just walking in kill everybody including her right now for all she knows. Ram needs information so she doesn't jump to anymore conclusions.
Seeing someone die in front of you is way more impactful than finding their corpse, but it's clear either one is enough to set Ram off.

No. I think finding out what terrible fate befell her beloved sister that we once saw sent her into murderous rage is of equal if not greater importance. She had already assumed he had betrated Emilia and Roswaal. Heck, now that I rewatched it the first thing she did when her attempt to abduct Subaru failed was demand that they kill her. Considering she was quick to assume the worst about Subaru, how could she not even ask what had happened to Rem? She might not be dead, but she could be imprisoned or worse.
Old 2016-09-06, 19:35   Link #99
Kaneco

Someone asked a similar question about Rem & Ram...and I gave my assumption of the situation, assuming the situation was odd... [...] I will only say that I think if the situation isn't normal...and Ram's reason for not asking about her sister from the get-go is...I think that 'Gluttony' may be at work in this case, yet again. I think in this episode alone alongside previous episodes have foreshadowed this as a possibility...but we will probably not know until the next episode or the last episode of the season.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2016-09-07 at 00:44. Reason: Removed off-topic
Kaneco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-06, 19:38   Link #100
Applehell

Quote:
Seeing someone die in front of you is way more impactful than finding their corpse, but it's clear either one is enough to set Ram off.
No really isn't. Maybe you got from movies where such things ate dramatize, but pain no way less worse. Yhis is pointless distinction.

Quote:
No. I think finding out what terrible fate befell her beloved sister that we once saw sent her into murderous rage is of equal if not greater importance. Heck, now that I rewatched it the first thing she did when her attempt to abduct Subaru failed was demand that they kill her. Considering she was quick to assume the worst about Subaru, how could she not even ask what had happened to Rem? She might not be dead, but she could be imprisoned or worse.
I don't what you're talking about because nothing suggest she kinapped him out of murderous rage. Yes she was upset about his possible betrayal but it is obivious she try to separate from group to question him about what was going in a position where she be at an advangte. She needs to know what is going on before she can ask anything else becauae she is not even sure he's a traitor or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneco View Post
Someone asked a similar question about Rem & Ram...and I gave my assumption of the situation, assuming the situation was odd... [...] I will only say that I think if the situation isn't normal...and Ram's reason for not asking about her sister from the get-go is...I think that 'Gluttony' may be at work in this case, yet again. I think in this episode alone alongside previous episodes have foreshadowed this as a possibility...but we will probably not know until the next episode or the last episode of the season.
What makes you think "Gluttony " has anything at all to do with this?

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2016-09-07 at 00:44. Reason: edited quote