3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.15%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.15%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-07-31, 15:07   Link #41
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

About this episode...
The author actually made alternative world chapters of "what if Rem DID agree to run off with Subaru?"
They actually live happily ever after and have two children.

He posted these happy chapters during time of despair in the later arc, making it all the more "hey let's rub salt in the wounds".

They're basically spin-off chapters and have no relation to the canon story, so I doubt it'll come up in the anime.
Old 2016-07-31, 15:09   Link #42
usspaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
About this episode...
The author actually made alternative world chapters of "what if Rem DID agree to run off with Subaru?"

He posted these happy chapters during time of despair in the later arc, making it all the more "hey let's rub salt in the wounds".

They're basically spin-off chapters and have no relation to the canon story, so I doubt it'll come up in the anime.
make it and ova or anime special that is included in the dvd id buy it. hell i think that dvd would probably the most sold one just for the happy ever after remxsubaru episode lol
Old 2016-07-31, 15:09   Link #43
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonneoPT View Post
If you are not ready to accept different views then yes, you should actually stay away from these threads like you suggested.
That is pretty mean since he is the one coming with different views that nobody else tried to understand, let alone accept.
Old 2016-07-31, 15:12   Link #44
DemonneoPT

Quote:
About this episode...

Does that means Puck was not actually able to destroy the world? Or did he just destroyed Lugunica? Or probably the Whale saved the day..lol

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
That is pretty mean since he is the one coming with different views that nobody else tried to understand, let alone accept.
No, actually saying Subaru is an hero is the different view. Almost everyone else just called him an idiot (they were not that wrong tho..lol). You don't need to accept someone's opinion but at least respect it. I'm ok with the different views people bring to the discussion because that's what makes it fun about discussing something and the world would be a boring place if everyone liked the same thing. But saying you just want to hate the show because people do not agree with your views and calling them fanboys makes no sense at all.

Last edited by DemonneoPT; 2016-07-31 at 15:22. Reason: Replying to erneiz_hyde too
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-31, 15:13   Link #45
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin-san View Post
You know, he could've targeted some minor steps first, like becoming generally useful for others, working to become a better team player, seeing the dynamics. Instead he's gunning for me=greatest hero again.
Quote:
There is a difference between aiming high and being overbearing. Know thy limits. It's a good rule to not only keep you alive, but also those around you who have to pick up the mess if you screw up. If from now on he manages to act responsibly, fine. If he tries to act like some superhero it will all go down the drain again.
Of course he knows his limits. Why else would he be asking for help and acknowledging that he can't get anything done by himself?
So I don't agree that interpreting those words literally as gunning for 'greatest hero' is a correct interpretation of the scene. Those words are for Rem and only her.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-31, 15:17   Link #46
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

This ep had maximum feels for Rem. I really wish her dream would come true for her, its sad knowing it likely wont ='<

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-31, 15:19   Link #47
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB079 View Post
so instead of being salty try to understand what others said.
I'm not salty at all. Instead of accusing others of being incapable of understanding or throwing out some random cocky salt accusations you could try to understand what my issue is with his way of formulating things.
Old 2016-07-31, 15:21   Link #48
Elestia

This episode is amazing. I've been hearing for awhile that a lot of the LN fans hope White Fox would do a 1:1 adaptation because this was the defining moment that they wholly devoted themselves at a LN reader of the series and I was hyped for it.

Was not disappointed at all.

Just wow. Where to start? Subaru giving up was just so painful to watch, but we as the audience cannot chide him or blame him. He's literally done his best by himself to fix things to avoid seeing everyone he cared about get brutally killed or worst. However, nothing worked no matter how many times Subaru struggled to reach a happy ending, his wish could not be granted. As he Rem saw, Subaru is tired, and Subaru accepts it as well. He doesn't want to keep getting hurt and seeing those he loves get hurt. He's weak, small, and pathetic and he doesn't want to accept it because it he himself doesn't want to confirm it. He want to change the future, but he cannot accept himself as the way he is. All the things he's done up till now, Subaru doesn't want to be meaningless.

So instead Subaru tries to grasp the smallest things in order to be happy. To run away with Rem and start all over. He sees himself now as someone who is powerless and unable to change anything so he wants to at least find some happiness in this new world. It's the only thing he has left and Rem is the only person left who can turn to. However, Rem has thought about this more than Subaru ever has and it was something she secretly desired as well. But she would not bend on this matter, because the person Subaru is right now is not the person she loved. To kill her own small wish, she goes to support Subaru to be the hero she admired. Subaru, the hero who saved her and restarted her frozen time, to a brighter future she couldn't have possibly imagined before.

However, Subaru sees nothing about the man she admires in him. All his past failures in this arc only highlight his worst qualities. Petty, arrogant, shameless, weak, and a coward, these are all the things Subaru admits as who he is. He hasn't done anything ever since he got transported to this world to allow himself to wish for a happy ending. He has not changed. In his past life still in Japan, he has not done anything living as a NEET. He's ashamed of how he has acted, how he has lived his life, and Subaru hates himself He's wishing for something that he did not deserve, he's consoled himself and tried to justify it saying he's done everything he could, but he was lying to himself. He's pretended to do something, to get stronger, but he recognized just as Wilheim did, he isn't doing it to change himself. Subaru was merely going through the motions to feel better about himself.

Giving up is easy. Even if it is cruel to say to Subaru of all people, but Rem is right. As long as he is alive, giving up is easy, but to change is hard Rem shows him that everything he has done isn't meaningless and that Rem is here with him because of who Subaru is. Even if he can only see the worst things bout himself, he has done some good things. His dreams and wishes are what make him who he is, and if he hates himself then he should change. Even if he is alone, she will be with him as she always has. If things become to heavy to carry by himself, Rem is willing to share his burdens. She wants to see the future Subaru will create where everyone can laugh and smile happily.

10/10 episode. Perfect setup and ultimately culmination of Subaru's ordeal to this point. They absolutely nailed it. The seiyuus, the animation, the direction, the music all coalesced into this one penultimate episode. The king of starting from zero. Definitely anime of the year for me.
Old 2016-07-31, 15:24   Link #49
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
That fucking voice acting. Mad props to both seiyuu. That's the first 10 I am giving just on seiyuu performance alone.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-31, 15:25   Link #50
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Quote:
About this episode...
Question about this part.
Spoiler for Hm:
Old 2016-07-31, 15:31   Link #51
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonneoPT View Post
Does that means Puck was not actually able to destroy the world? Or did he just destroyed Lugunica? Or probably the Whale saved the day..lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
Spoiler for Hm:
I think without spoiling anything you already know the answer.
Considering who is the protector of Lugunica.
Old 2016-07-31, 15:32   Link #52
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
Spoiler for Hm:
Well I suggest you read the alternate path, where Rem accepts Subaru's proposal and do run's away with him.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-31, 15:32   Link #53
AB079
Banned

Quote:
I'm not salty at all. Instead of accusing others of being incapable of understanding or throwing out some random cocky salt accusations you could try to understand what my issue is with his way of formulating things.
Do you realize this post is just proving my words are true? even when I already replied with arguments to your first statement as other 2 other members did before.

Anyway, not going to waste more time on you since you can't even reply to what is already an aswer to your own issue with Subaru.
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-31, 15:38   Link #54
DemonneoPT

Quote:
I think without spoiling anything you already know the answer.
Considering who is the protector of Lugunica.
Oh right.. i totally forgot about the Dragon..lol. Makes sense!
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-31, 15:39   Link #55
Applehell

Fantastic episode! It was everything I wanted out of it. Got me the same feels as whwn I read thw translatiin. Bravo WhiteFox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
And given there are only 8 or so episodes left, there's only a handful of ways that they can fix that in that time. If the author was aiming for Emilia to be the main love interest, he shouldn't have dedicated such development to Rem.
I'm gonna have this to break this to you but Re:Zero doesn't end in this arc. The only thing Rem has any other character right now she got fleshed out first and being the only person Subaru hadn't letdown due to his hubris that never truly let him understand others. That all changes now.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-31, 15:41   Link #56
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Great episode. It really was well done, very emotional, and a great turning point for Subaru as a character.

Although I feel like crap after having watched it. Just a lot of sympathy for the path Rem is on here.
Old 2016-07-31, 15:43   Link #57
Peanutbutter

*claps claps*

What every NEET and Hikkikomori needs in life is a Rem. But sadly, there's only one Rem to go around.

Props to all involved in the storyboarding, and audio recording and direction in this episode. That was some really truly beautiful and well-done script delivery.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-31, 15:44   Link #58
Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Darkside
10/10 Episode. It would be unfortunate for Rem if Subaru were to die and reset again after that.
Old 2016-07-31, 15:49   Link #59
AB079
Banned

Quote:
About this episode...

I have a doubt about what you said, the scene with Rem and Subaru is part of the original story or White Fox added some material from that alternative world?
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-31, 15:52   Link #60
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
The only problem I have with Emelia is that she doesn't have much agency as a character. Things happen to her rather than her doing things.
By that logic no one else does Subaru or anyone else. Things always happened to him by machinations of others, but he never initiated any and just dealt situatuon after fact.

And frankly this false even before Subaru came into her life Emilia her own troubles and lived her own life (the royal election, her heratige as a half elf, her obligations as Spirit User etc) dealing woth them as best she could. Subaru himself had merely been the one caught up in her flow. All these incidents uptil now would happen without him, with his only effect whether turned out even worse or not.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote