2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.27%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-06-14, 03:09   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Mahouka - Episode 11 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Mahouka, Episode 11.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2014-06-14, 12:44   Link #2
Newhope

They even somehow managed to make those games look dull....
Old 2014-06-14, 13:48   Link #3
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
They even somehow managed to make those games look dull....
Lol wat do u expect?

Anyways it was a good MayuXTatsu but the music threw me off...or is it I am not just fond of the pairing?

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Last edited by pampz21; 2014-06-14 at 16:22.
Old 2014-06-14, 14:23   Link #4
Kakurin
大佐

Another more or less uneventful episode. Finally we got to see how good those first course participants are. Simply dominating the rest of the field. Well, at least that was the case with the girls' competitions. The boys seemed to have handled it less well. Liked Mayumi's scenes here, first showing her speed (the second event was funny, was that a futuristic magical version of tennis? ) and then the teasing around with Tatsuya. Meanwhile Miyuki got her obligatory fangirling.

Aside from that, so Mikihiko apparently has good potential, applying his spell exactly like you want him to. Only his activation speed is too slow. And he has a confidence issue.
Old 2014-06-14, 14:25   Link #5
HandofFate

wow, probably first really bad episode imo.
The directing in this one is just so sloppy and lazy.

Didn't like how EVERYONE in this episode was so softspoken. wtf, they all said all their lines in monotone. The characters were always pretty polite and soft in other episodes, but at least they changed their tone levels somewhat.

But here, you have Tatsuya say that Miki's entire lineage skills is flawed, and he just stays the same tone and voice level where the line made him raging at Tatsuya as if he was gonna punch him.

And poor Mayumi, more cuts to your screentime, might have just cut you entirely from this episode.
And the events, really made them boring as well. You barely see anything, its just the characters faces the entire time lol. And no decent commentary at all too.
Old 2014-06-14, 14:29   Link #6
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post

Didn't like how EVERYONE in this episode was so softspoken. wtf, they all said all their lines in monotone. The characters were always pretty polite and soft in other episodes, but at least they changed their tone levels somewhat.

But here, you have Tatsuya say that Miki's entire lineage skills is flawed, and he just stays the same tone and voice level where the line made him raging at Tatsuya as if he was gonna punch him.

And poor Mayumi, more cuts to your screentime, might have just cut you entirely from this episode.
And the events, really made them boring as well. You barely see anything, its just the characters faces the entire time lol. And no decent commentary at all too.
I agree with most of this, especially the Mayumi part, its was awful but for Tatsuya is normal his voice acting is normal given his operation.
Old 2014-06-14, 14:41   Link #7
IceHism

I saw Fujibayashi Kyouko! There was something missing i feel but that's not too important. That meeting with kazama and buddies is probably my favorite scene already.

Things went as I expected but i thought the women's speed shooting with Mayumi would have lots of particles of dry ice flying everywhere. Also, no explanation of the speed shooting? Battle board was fine. Heh, i thought Kanon's mine genesis would be a bit cooler but i suppose they did the best they could with vibration magic. Crowdball was a bit anticlimatic.

Anyways it seems that Tatsuya is making a new weaponized CAD that isn't related to the NSC. Sounds like it will be used really soon.

They should have explained the significance of ancient magic that Mikihiko uses i think since Tatsuya explained it was a problem with his magic.

First high flying through the official competition. So i suppose next episode will have the newcomers competition.

No head dragon, just another organization trying to sabotage the event it seems.

And needs more infodumping and commentary TBH.

Well, i enjoyed this episode.

Last edited by IceHism; 2014-06-14 at 15:13.
Old 2014-06-14, 14:53   Link #8
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Hmm, why does it feel like the whole magic casting process is based on one's self-confidence and willpower?

Anyways yeah jeez I think its that BGM that's ruining a lot of the atmosphere on top of the horrible presentation.

Then again the info dump was par of the course iirc. :/

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Old 2014-06-14, 15:00   Link #9
Pen3

Mayumi looked great and that tennis dress and seeing Fujibayashi Kyouko animated was the other highlight of the episode.
Old 2014-06-14, 15:11   Link #10
Wandering Soul

I like the Mayumi and Tatsuya scene plus seeing Fujibayashi was good too. They really should have explained some of the events along with what is special about Miki's magic though. The lack of explanation really made the events seem lackluster.
Old 2014-06-14, 15:37   Link #11
Jerseykid

I want Tatsuya competing in every competition and winning as well as being the engineer and watching the matches!
Old 2014-06-14, 15:40   Link #12
Ultragunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post

Yeah, and they just HAD to squeeze in a few more seconds to minutes for Miyuki while those few "precious" time could be used for other more meaningful stuffs

I know Miyuki is a crucial part in the story, but the way Madhouse is doing it is seriously off.

Remember The Lord of The Rings? In the book, despite having a vital role for the character of Aragorn (like Miyuki to Tatsuya, in the LN that is) Arwen does not have much presence, but in the movie her screen time was greatly increased, and it worked!! Even in a beautiful way it was, Peter Jackson really knew his stuffs.

Here, does Madhouse really think those shallow moments are the ones that made Miyuki's character?????? ...sigh....
Old 2014-06-14, 16:53   Link #13
cleo

The ep started interesting enough with that Miki - Tatsuya conversation. But it's too bad they spent so little time on Miki's use of old magic last ep, while they stretched out that bath-scene. For the rest of this ep, it felt like we were jumping from one segment to the next, and that BGM indeed wasn't helping. It's also funny how - now we know that his mum experimented on him - suddenly everyone is commenting on Tats being cold, indifferent, stiff etc. And yet another alias for Tatsuya: Ryuuya Ooguro (I hope they don't expect me to remember that name ).
Old 2014-06-14, 17:30   Link #14
moridin84
Custom User Title

So Miss President likes Tatsuya because he's the first guy who's not interested in her and treats her normally? We already did this in Kampfer.

The tennis outfit seems a bit odd. I thought showing a lot of skin was "unseemly" in this era?

When Tatsuya chucked the CAD over to Leo and asked him to try it out I thought "these guys are friends". It felt kind of genuine.

"This episode was boring, you know what would have fixed that? MORE EXPLAINING"
Umm no.
Old 2014-06-14, 18:07   Link #15
rladls2121

I was holding my laugh when Tatsuya describes Mari's methods of using multiple magic sequences in the surf board race.
The way he is interested in Mari as a magician is just.

Tatsuya being dense to female feelings and when Tatsuyta looked at Leonhart and Mikihiko, both of them looked away.
Are they dense too?
Old 2014-06-14, 18:46   Link #16
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
Tatsuya being dense to female feelings and when Tatsuyta looked at Leonhart and Mikihiko, both of them looked away.
Are they dense too?
He was looking for them to help him out, maybe explain things for/to him.

They didn't.
Old 2014-06-14, 18:50   Link #17
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

To all of you comparing the episode with the LNs, would you mind taking it to the appropriate thread please?

I was fine with this episode: nothing special, but I did like the character interaction scenes (Tatsuya and his friends, and Mayumi-Tatsuya).

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2014-06-14 at 20:08.
Old 2014-06-14, 18:51   Link #18
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Kinda boring =_= so many ...... Nvm
Old 2014-06-14, 19:05   Link #19
rladls2121

What is to compare between the anime and light novel? Nothing is going to change.
It is not like they did it on purpose, it is the best they can do.
If not, again nothing is going to change either way.

But Nine School Competition arc is still better compared to Enrollment arc and the upcoming arcs.
Old 2014-06-14, 19:37   Link #20
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

why does it end so soon mmm, that MayumixTatsuya ship! haha. one can dream... i enjoyed the added scenes. more mayumi is good use of time. i'm hoping we get to see Miyuki blow stuff up next ep.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Closed Thread