2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 3.28%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-05-16, 18:05   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Mahouka - Episode 7 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Mahouka, Episode 7.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2014-05-17, 11:00   Link #2
Avaricia
My Lord

Spoiler for Ep. 7:
Old 2014-05-17, 11:01   Link #3
Ultragunner

Spoiler for ep 7:
Old 2014-05-17, 11:03   Link #4
guestuser

it was awesome but i did not expect that shower scene or that training room bloody scene
Old 2014-05-17, 11:11   Link #5
Avaricia
My Lord

It's time
Spoiler for preview:
Old 2014-05-17, 11:42   Link #6
pampz21
ShipCore

Dang>!

Erika's voice:> Zenkai Genki Musume~

That Ending was so hgggghhh.....

With that ending I'd give this arc a 8.5/10

Spoiler for Erika X Tatsuya:

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Last edited by pampz21; 2014-05-17 at 12:25.
Old 2014-05-17, 12:54   Link #7
Ultragunner

^
Spoiler for CM7:
Old 2014-05-17, 14:04   Link #8
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Hmm, I guess its better to see things visually rather than having them explained to you.

Anyways ok episodes but the BGM choices are still a lot less earwormy and a bit too light a bit. XD

And wow Kirihara gets with Kendo girl huh.

ROTFL MASAKI'S VA IS KIRITO'S *spitake* That did not match my perception of him. @_@
Madhouse just used him for both NGNL and Mahouka xP

Edit: Just realized it was LiSA who sang the Opening. That's good.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL

Last edited by Netto Azure; 2014-05-17 at 14:17.
Old 2014-05-17, 14:09   Link #9
The Green One

That's the end of the first arc, time for the Nine Schools competition starting next week. I'm looking forward to seeing this arc.
Old 2014-05-17, 14:21   Link #10
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Sigh

I'm on the verge of just dropping this... It's not really improving- if anything, the dialogue is getting worse and so is how silly and overdone everything is.

The only positive thing I have to say is, Miyuki's magic looks pretty and her eyes were nicely animated. Everything and everyone else was just... Ugh worse than i expected, I guess.

I was the closest to being bored to tears that I ever was, I almost turned it off. If I didn't know the Suzaku expy was coming, I probably would have. I mean, I didn't just keep looking around the room for distraction, I was actually studying the wallpaper to my left...

I'm sorry, I really tried to give this show a fair chance, but I just find it so unbearably bad... I'll give it one more episode, just to see if the next arc seems any better I guess, but yeah.. I don't think this show works for me, personally.
Old 2014-05-17, 14:33   Link #11
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
That's the end of the first arc, time for the Nine Schools competition starting next week. I'm looking forward to seeing this arc.
Agreed.

Overall I thought it was pretty well done - but the Nine Schools competition may be my fave arc of the entire series of books, so I have been looking forward to it especially. ^^
Old 2014-05-17, 14:49   Link #12
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

As Erika said in this episode: that was quite anticlimatic.

Frankly, the whole deal with Tatsuya being too overpowered is a serious issue here, or if people prefer, the antagonist incompetence was even more crude to Tatsuya acting like a one man army.
As far as it goes, it was difficult to take this episode seriously when you had a terrorist organization being cleaned up in this fashion by merely 4 magicians. For an international anti-magic group, you would expect them to have way more means to deal with magician. Even with abnormal amount of antinite, you would expect much more military prowess to exploit the cast jamming.
Instead, we had bunch of idiots in the same place, as if they were asking to be screwed by an AOE (or even a conventional grenade).

Meanwhile, I'm rather baffled how students had authority to use quite lethal spell as if it was natural. Surely this covert operation was done in order not to involve the police and whatnot, but I'm not exactly convinced that Kirihara and Miyuki's spells were legitimate, especially Kirihara chopping off an arm no less.
As far as I can remember, they are no soldier, let alone allowed that kind of actions, are they?

Also, this scene with everyone congratulating Sayaka was off to me. Since we got such a focus on Tatsuya, it didn't feel like Kirihara was close to anyone, especially after we were bashed to death when it comes to course 1 not giving a damn to course 2.
Likewise, I still don't get what's up with Miyuki. She gives even more "unstable character" vibes: she was willing to freeze the terrorists to death, and she sort of "snap out of it" without any monologue whatsoever.
Old 2014-05-17, 14:55   Link #13
Jerseykid

He's prominently displayed in the intro so he must be strong, but it's going to be tough seeing this crimson prince guy after how easily Tatsuya dominated everyone.
Old 2014-05-17, 14:55   Link #14
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

The 10 masters clans enjoy special privileges in this society and so it's not a stretch to say that Kasuto as basically the next head of his family is able to cover up the whole situation in conjunction with his school that doesn't want anything to become a spectacle.

The scene at the end just did a bad job at giving an idea about the passage of time. Kirihara was visiting Mibu for quite awhile, as was Erika. That's why they seemed so chummy.

As for Tatsuya's OPness, I think it's hard to have a good conversation about him as a character with all the information we have in the anime right now.
Old 2014-05-17, 14:59   Link #15
guestuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Meanwhile, I'm rather baffled how students had authority to use quite lethal spell as if it was natural. Surely this covert operation was done in order not to involve the police and whatnot, but I'm not exactly convinced that Kirihara and Miyuki's spells were legitimate, especially Kirihara chopping off an arm no less.
As far as I can remember, they are no soldier, let alone allowed that kind of actions, are they?
you saw the ending when George and masaki said their is two ten master clans in first high even if they were international terrorist they dont have a chance against even one of them also they have power over the military and various privileges so they can just say they were just cleaning up terrorist u saw katsuto talking to that one guy in black right he pretty much use his family name and they wont ask anymore question
Old 2014-05-17, 15:04   Link #16
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

That's the major issue with the anime adaptation: we barely learn anything from the ten master clans to the point they are your cookie cutter "powerful families" gimmick without much insight about that.
The only serious points about them was Katsuto's introduction and the mention of the Yotsuba. But past that, you have basically 0 implications regarding their authority whatsoever.
We are basically fed this kind of information at the very very end of this arc, instead of naturally make an introduction about them (of course, I don't expect to have a full rundown of what privileges each families have whatsoever, but at least more than just "powerful families").

The biggest issue with this episode is rather how blanche was absolutely not prepared at all. It is as if they were bunch of morons on a picnic considering how plain their stronghold was to begin with. No one was patrolling outside whatsoever. There wasn't any guard patrolling inside, and they were all packed in the same damn room, happily waiting to be whooped in a single go.
Old 2014-05-17, 15:08   Link #17
Wandering Soul

The Enrollment arc is finally over. Maybe Erika is right and it may have been anticlimactic but at least now we can move on to the 9SC arc. Personally this arc wasn't that bad and did have some nice moments.
Old 2014-05-17, 15:11   Link #18
larethian

After watching this episode, I was once again reminded of how brilliant I found Satou's Mahouka. Aside from the world-building, the subtleties in the behavior, expressions and well-crafted dialogue...... just plain amazing. I really have to give credit to the staff for the pains they took to keep all of those. Really a treat to those who are intimately familiar with the series, and only those who read thoroughly at that. The effort might be wasted on majority of anime-only viewers or the more 'casual' readers though. It's amazing how many dots one can connect when going over it a second or third time (maybe that's why its page views were over-the-top in its web novel days).

If I remember my stuff right, Madhouse also did a few foreshadowing scenes on their own though I must say they were well done and well placed. The original foreshadowing material were nice too of course.

I also enjoyed the part where Erika and Tatsuya teased Kirihara. Their seiyuus were great.
Old 2014-05-17, 15:15   Link #19
IceHism

The only thing i didn't like about this episode was the laser beams. like wtf? The visual was too jarring for me nor did i think that magic looked like that.

other than that, i enjoyed it.
Old 2014-05-17, 15:19   Link #20
guestuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
That's the major issue with the anime adaptation: we barely learn anything from the ten master clans to the point they are your cookie cutter "powerful families" gimmick without much insight about that.
The only serious points about them was Katsuto's introduction and the mention of the Yotsuba. But past that, you have basically 0 implications regarding their authority whatsoever.
We are basically fed this kind of information at the very very end of this arc, instead of naturally make an introduction about them (of course, I don't expect to have a full rundown of what privileges each families have whatsoever, but at least more than just "powerful families").

The biggest issue with this episode is rather how blanche was absolutely not prepared at all. It is as if they were bunch of morons on a picnic considering how plain their stronghold was to begin with. No one was patrolling outside whatsoever. There wasn't any guard patrolling inside, and they were all packed in the same damn room, happily waiting to be whooped in a single go.
oh yea forgot to say this they made a keyword that explain this on the official website so that is properly why but yea i kinda knew they weren't going to explaining it in the anime because it would have took to much time explaining but still it was a problem they did not explain it
Closed Thread