AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2017-01-31, 01:34   Link #1
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Modifying WIndows System Sound problem

Hi guys, bear with me a bit because I'm kinda a tech idiot.

When I tried to change the Windows System Sound, those that default have no sound assigned to them(example: Close Program) began looping the sound when I assign them to a sound file. Is there a way to stop this?

An example is this: I assigned a sound file to the "Close Program" function and after hitting the Apply button, it keeps on looping the sound even if I did not close any program files. Is there a way to stop the looping and make the sound play during its intended purpose? (Like for "Close Program, the sound file I assigned to it will only play it when I close a program.

I don't have any problem for this for the Windows Logon and Logoff function but every other default no sound function has this problem when I assign a sound file to it.
Old 2017-01-31, 15:28   Link #2
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Hmm, something does seem wrong with it.

I tried the same thing (Windows 10) and it does keep going off. What happens after a restart?

What seems to happen is if you exit anything, say even type in the text box for cortana and go somewhere else, the sound plays.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-01, 04:04   Link #3
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Not too sure. I've been trying to look up the net for stuff and I got nothing. Also, I usually don't shut down my notebook. I'll try setting them again and restart next time.

I never knew meddling with Windows System Sound was such a PITA. Wanted to input a few System Voice from a few VNs I have but all I've gotten was trouble. Stupid Windows.

Also, I'm using 8.1, not 10 unfortunately....
Old 2017-02-03, 17:57   Link #4
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Sounds like Windows is using that sound any time any program, even a background program, is closed. Windows uses a lot of background programs and sub-programs, and your installed applications install even more, and they're constantly opening and closing. Used to, that sound was only tied to foreground programs that the user directly accessed (the kind which show up when you press Alt-Tab). Not sure it's something that can be resolved at the user level.