AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2016-08-03, 18:04   Link #1
Playcool18

Timecode error, not a valid floating point value (encoding)

Hello.
I have been using a "auto" encoding program called vafe, a free GUI encoder (one of the main tools to the mini encodes encoded by "Hi10 Anime" website) for many years.
Currently I use newer modified version (vafe13), until sometime ago it would work fine, but now I m getting this error:
Error: '42.00' is not a valid floating point value

The problem seems to come from the timecode section, what that means I dunno, since the original files work fine.
What is more weird is that I only start to get this error after my first or second sucessfull encodes, after starting the program.

A friend that used to help me said to checkout x264 documentation, but I have yet to find anything usefull with google search. And I dont think the problem cames from the Avisynth 2.58, which came with the folder to install, have been using it before with no problems like I mentionated. I dont have any means to contact the developer of the program, neither the people currently using it here: http://hi10anime.com/.

Even more weird is that using the older version (vafe12), doesnt give me these errors, but vafe13 has a batch feature for encoding that helps alot for multiple folders.

I m using windows 10, just tried out in W7, got the same problems.

Last edited by Playcool18; 2016-08-03 at 19:13.
Playcool18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
encoding, gui encoder, hi10 anime, timecode error