AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2006-07-05, 21:31   Link #1
gencbiba

Best Soccer Anime

Well, I have been trying to

Last edited by gencbiba; 2010-06-22 at 19:20.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-06, 00:36   Link #2
DarkPaladin56
Wandering Typesetter

Captain Tsubasa is a real popular old soccer anime...
Captain Tsubasa Road to 2002 was a newer adaptation of the older one, but it's incomplete as far as english fansubs go...
DarkPaladin56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-06, 01:29   Link #3
Eurys
Crush me. ~Ringo

Yes, Captain Tsubasa is the most popular, but it's very old.
There's also Moero ! Topstriker, which is a sort of rehash of CT with better design but bad animation.
Old 2006-07-06, 03:09   Link #4
DrewGSR

Soccer Animes Subbed:

Wild Striker
Aoki Densetsu Shoot!
Whistle!

Soccer Animes that were never subbed:

Soccer Fever
Ashita e Free Kick aka Free Kick Toward Tomorrow
Akakichi no Eleven aka The Dark Red Eleven
Dragon League
Goal FH
DrewGSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-06, 14:03   Link #5

When I was a kid, we had this tv show called Club Dorothee and they showed all sorts of anime on it (I mainly watched for DBZ back then). One of the shows though was Olive et Tom, this ridiculous anime about soccer. Seriously it took them like half an hour to get accross the field lol when they got finally there Tom made these incredible moves that would shame even Goku...hmmm in retrospect, that cartoon was AWESOME! lol

haha I just read up on Olive et Tom and it is in fact the aformentioned Captain Tsubasa, whoops hehe
1930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 16:34   Link #6
Goblinator

Captain Tsubasa is simply a gem.

Has anyone of you read the newest Captain Tsubasa series called Golden-23? It owns!
Goblinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 17:24   Link #7
xxanimefan4_ever
Sorri++

Iron Leaguer - it does more than 1 sport including soccer, it's not subbed in english... yet?
Old 2009-01-24, 13:15   Link #8
Cute Beast

hmm i think u should try watching hungry wild heart striker is kinda kwl^^
Cute Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 02:37   Link #9
mit7059

I stalled on Wild Striker, just couldn't get into it. Other sports animes you should consider though are:
Ookiku Furikabutte - Baseball
Major - Baseball
Prince of Tennis - Tennis (Obviously)
Overdrive - Cycling
Inital D - Driving
Capeta - Driving

I haven't watched much of the soccer animes (I guess I'm a stereotypical American I like baseball better) but you should consider the other series as well.

EDIT: Holy $h*t I just noticed how old this thread is, I love how many views it has, I guess a lot of people search for soccer anime

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here

Last edited by mit7059; 2009-01-26 at 02:54.
mit7059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 03:10   Link #10
Shadow Kira01

Soccer or football?

This is the best one...

Inazuma Eleven

Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 21:44   Link #11
HarimaHario
i eat glue

Captain Tsubasa FTMFW... hearing the name brings so much childhood memories
HarimaHario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 22:30   Link #12
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Captain Tsubasa is practically a legend here in latin america. I doubt there is someone from my generation who doesn't know about it, anime lover or not.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-26, 08:40   Link #13
SILVAH

Hi
Can u guys help me, Im looking for the title of an soccer anime but I cant find it. I only remember the main character was boy about 16-17 he was an arrogant and his idol was an older guy with moustache ; I only remember later the guy was going to retire? and he played for some while in one team or sth. It could be japan or maybe french anime? I was looking on youtube withe the titles u gave in here but I dont think it is one of it...
SILVAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-27, 00:56   Link #14
mit7059

For the arrogant part it sounds like Hungry Heart Wild Striker, I never finished the series (only made it like 2 eps. in) so I don't remember his idol.

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
mit7059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 03:22   Link #15
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Wow... Iron Leaguer... it brings sooo many nostalgic memories. Man, I wish I can remember all the anime I watched as a kid on TV. Gaogaigar and Galexy Express 999 is two of very few titles I discovered that I had watched as a kid, and I juts found out Iron Leaguer by this thread.

Having lived in korea, I watched many dubbed Japan anime with not much airing difference between Japan and Korea. Ugh, there are so many anime that I vague remember that I want to at least know the title of T.T

There was this one other soccer anime I watched as a kid; I think it was a little before Iron Leaguer.. but can't seem to find it. I know it's not Captain Tsubasa as I looked at its screen shots.. if I remember correctly, it was something about saving a kindgom or the world by playing soccor or something... and I remember there were also non humans playing the soccer too, like lizard man or something... Hmmm can't seem to find it. Maybe it was a korean anime...
Old 2009-06-22, 04:54   Link #16
Redemption14

wassup people i have been searching for 3 years a anime that i seen as a child

back around 1995-98 i believe i saw this very cool anime in Hungary(my country) it was about soccer the main character resembles Ash Ketchum from pokemon i was young and i loved soccer alot i loved that anime more then dragonball z. It was a hungarian dub although i do not know if its the orginal. some info for help

-Main character resembles ash ketchum from pokemon
-I remember he had a bestfriend on his rival team
-his other best friend(who was the 3rd best player) was on his team though
-He had a rival that became a friend and there goaly(fat guy)
-one of his two best friends had blonde hair the other orange hair
- He perfected some kind of shot where he shoots it in the air and spins and lands over the goaly's head(until a fat goaly stopped it)

I don't expect anyone to find it but if anyone does find it you have my respect and i would be very grateful. I find it funny that the very first anime i ever loved i was never able to finish.. because we eventually moved to Canada. With newer anime's coming out it was hard to search for it..

i have tried everything but to no avail please animesuki help me.
Redemption14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-22, 14:51   Link #17
Smithsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redemption14 View Post
wassup people i have been searching for 3 years a anime that i seen as a child

back around 1995-98 i believe i saw this very cool anime in Hungary(my country) it was about soccer the main character resembles Ash Ketchum from pokemon i was young and i loved soccer alot i loved that anime more then dragonball z. It was a hungarian dub although i do not know if its the orginal. some info for help

-Main character resembles ash ketchum from pokemon
-I remember he had a bestfriend on his rival team
-his other best friend(who was the 3rd best player) was on his team though
-He had a rival that became a friend and there goaly(fat guy)
-one of his two best friends had blonde hair the other orange hair
- He perfected some kind of shot where he shoots it in the air and spins and lands over the goaly's head(until a fat goaly stopped it)

I don't expect anyone to find it but if anyone does find it you have my respect and i would be very grateful. I find it funny that the very first anime i ever loved i was never able to finish.. because we eventually moved to Canada. With newer anime's coming out it was hard to search for it..

i have tried everything but to no avail please animesuki help me.

After watching one youtube vid I'm pretty sure it's Moero! Top striker ;p
Smithsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 23:01   Link #18
kidned

u are right Quancio it is Moero! Top striker.
kidned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 00:14   Link #19
Akazgea

Free kick was a classic from my childhood (assuming that is about the guy flying to the sky to make an interesting head kick, or foot shot, or whatever). But, there was another good one, the story passing in Italy(?). That was better than Tsubasa (at least for me). Maybe that was Moero, but the name was different, something related to goal or something else.
Akazgea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 04:54   Link #20
dtpstl68

help me figure out...

There wont be much info to go by but i figure i would ask here..

when i was real young in 1990s i use to watch this anime in south korea ...

about a kid who had special soccer powers, one thing i could recall was that he had some special kick where he kicks the ball and the power of the kick and the ball becomes a dragon-like entity that nobody could stop..... yeah .....its a long shot

any other one but not soccer related

about this character who was a trouble maker and somehow was forced to wear a helmet that could not be taken. Strange bases to a story. Anyway the character from what i could recall might have had a tail wore a helmet and had this lil twig sticking out of the helmet so he could scratch his head with it. He had was powerful (maybe a monkey-listic) character who was someone controlled by old dude.. yeah i cant remember much
dtpstl68 is offline   Reply With Quote