AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-12-13, 16:46   Link #1
Ragnarokender

2 Questions about SEED

Who pilots Gundam Providence, around what eps did it appear and other details

What exactly is the Seed thing, either they never really explained it or i missed it?

Thanks
Ragnarokender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 16:54   Link #2
FlyByNite

The pilot of Providence is
Spoiler:

The SEED thing is never explained in the show. Later on the director gave an interview and says that people are capable of achieving a higher ability in certain situations based on people they wish to protect or something to that effect. Someone else probably remembers it better.
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 17:01   Link #3
wb_hicks

they explained the seed i think it was in ep 25-27 i believe. but its a state of higher concinous or something. it was shown as something only a cordinator could achieve
Spoiler:
wb_hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 17:01   Link #4
K'9999
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarokender
Who pilots Gundam Providence, around what eps did it appear and other details

What exactly is the Seed thing, either they never really explained it or i missed it?

Thanks
Are you a Gundam newbie or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wb_hicks
they explained the seed i think it was in ep 25-27 i believe. but its a state of higher concinous or something. it was shown as something only a cordinator could achieve but then kira sister went seed (which i think the only reason she can is because she is kira twin sister)
SEED also can be achieved by Naturals, not only Coordinators. She is the evidence. If you said that only can be achieved by Corrdinators, then is she a Coordinator too? Damn, think about it. What do you mean by "because she is his twin or sister"? Because of that, she can go SEED? The story NEVER mentions that only Corrdinators can go SEED. Watch it closely.
K'9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 17:05   Link #5
[UKE]Auel
The Oncoming Storm

Send a message via AIM to [UKE]Auel Send a message via MSN to [UKE]Auel
Quote:
they explained the seed i think it was in ep 25-27 i believe. but its a state of higher concinous or something. it was shown as something only a cordinator could achieve but then kira sister went seed (which i think the only reason she can is because she is kira twin sister)
First of all you should probably have that behind a spoiler tag. I counted two spoilers that could ruin it for some people. Anyway.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by K'9999
Cool let's not answer the question, but flame instead.
[UKE]Auel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 17:10   Link #6
ryogax

Quote:
Originally Posted by [UKE]Auel
First of all you should probably have that behind a spoiler tag. I counted two spoilers that could ruin it for some people. Anyway.

Spoiler:

Cool let's not answer the question, but flame instead.
Here is the official explanation of seed!!
Superior
Evolutionary
Element
Destined-factor
(SEED factor) A factor that determines the course of a species' evolution. The existence of the SEED factor has yet to be proven, and it remains a subject of intense controversy in scientific circles. But in theory, those who possess the SEED factor have the ability to advance to the next stage of human evolution - an ability unrelated to whether the carrier is a Natural or a Coordinator.
:fingers: :fingers: :fingers:
ryogax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 17:11   Link #7
wb_hicks

Quote:

SEED also can be achieved by Naturals, not only Coordinators. She is the evidence. If you said that only can be achieved by Corrdinators, then is she a Coordinator too? Damn, think about it. What do you mean by "because she is his twin or sister"? Because of that, she can go SEED? The story NEVER mentions that only Corrdinators can go SEED. Watch it closely.
i wasnt saying that naturals couldnt do it. because she can do it means that others could. but its not really questionalble seeing as they are twins so if one can do it changes are the other should be able to also is what i was getting at.
wb_hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 17:13   Link #8
[UKE]Auel
The Oncoming Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryogax
Superior
Evolutionary
Element
Destined-factor
(SEED factor) A factor that determines the course of a species' evolution. The existence of the SEED factor has yet to be proven, and it remains a subject of intense controversy in scientific circles. But in theory, those who possess the SEED factor have the ability to advance to the next stage of human evolution - an ability unrelated to whether the carrier is a Natural or a Coordinator.
Uhh wow? That's basically what I said except I elaborated more. I fail to understand what point you're trying to make.
Old 2004-12-13, 17:17   Link #9
K'9999
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryogax
Superior
Evolutionary
Element
Destined-factor
Good, look at what this foolish guy said:
Quote:
they explained the seed i think it was in ep 25-27 i believe. but its a state of higher concinous or something. it was shown as something only a cordinator could achieve
Spoiler:
That's ridiculous!
Old 2004-12-13, 17:19   Link #10
[UKE]Auel
The Oncoming Storm

Quote:
Good, look at what this foolish guy said:

That's ridiculous!
Would you like a new bat? The one you're using to beat that dead horse seems to be wearing down.
Old 2004-12-13, 17:23   Link #11
K'9999
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by [UKE]Auel
Would you like a new bat? The one you're using to beat that dead horse seems to be wearing down.
??????????
Old 2004-12-14, 03:38   Link #12
Madell

i think its
Spoiler:

thats what Mwu said when kire asked what a berserk was...and kira is a
Spoiler:
Madell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 03:57   Link #13
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
Spoiler:
pyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 12:37   Link #14
[UKE]Auel
The Oncoming Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyu
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-12-14, 13:25   Link #15
Scherazade
Asturian Guymelef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madell
i think its
Spoiler:

thats what Mwu said when kire asked what a berserk was...and kira is a
Spoiler:
I wouldn't necessarily live by that though. Mwu is not exactly a philosopher, neither is Waltfeld who first coined the phrase. Berserk is when the person loses complete control, that's not so much the case with the seed. The first time Kira's seed activates, for lack of a better term, he is in complete control. Because of his increased control Yzak got himself a nice little souvenir. In the desert Kira's seed led him to tactics that let him tack out three BaCUEs in a span of about a minute and a half.

The only time I recall a loss of control during seed mode is when Athrun and Kira fight after losing respective friends. After that both Kira and Athrun seemed to have the ability to flip their seeds on and off like a light switch.
Scherazade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 13:27   Link #16
Enrivera

(spoiler) providence comes out at episode 49-50 and its pilot by Kruzze (mask guy)

Now the Seed is something that is somewhat interesting to note. The definition is not there, but is somwhat symbolical. If you noticed at the begginig they explain Kira that he might be a beserker. When Kira ask Major Mwu la Flaga, what is a beserker. He explains that Beserker are a group of warious that obtain high combat ability, when they reach that point.
During the fight, we can noticed that the moment that Kira goes Beserk, or improve his combat ability, a Seed just pops. I believe that this is the power of the Seed. The ability to go Beserk.
side note Kira is not the only one that has a Seed, Auran Zara also has a Seed.

I hope this answer the question
Enrivera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 13:45   Link #17
[UKE]Auel
The Oncoming Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enrivera
(spoiler) providence comes out at episode 49-50 and its pilot by Kruzze (mask guy)

Now the Seed is something that is somewhat interesting to note. The definition is not there, but is somwhat symbolical. If you noticed at the begginig they explain Kira that he might be a beserker. When Kira ask Major Mwu la Flaga, what is a beserker. He explains that Beserker are a group of warious that obtain high combat ability, when they reach that point.
During the fight, we can noticed that the moment that Kira goes Beserk, or improve his combat ability, a Seed just pops. I believe that this is the power of the Seed. The ability to go Beserk.
side note Kira is not the only one that has a Seed, Auran Zara also has a Seed.

I hope this answer the question
Everyone has already answered or said everything you did. And Athrun isn't the only other one with a SEED.