AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-11-21, 18:30   Link #1
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

2 strikes? (might be a spoiler for seed)

How come there're 2 strike gundams at the last gundam seed episodes?
Fraga is driving one and cagali is driving the other.. where did it come from? she called it strike rogue.
Old 2004-11-21, 18:34   Link #2
Neaco
*Graphic Designer

I think Orb made that one for Cagalli, and was stowed on board the Orb ship. Orb made the first Strike as well, tho secretly on Heliopolis. Heck, Orb was able to repair Kira's Strike to perfect condition after the Aegis destructed and blew up on it.
Neaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 19:25   Link #3
Scherazade
Asturian Guymelef

Well, that's not entirely true. The first 5 G-weapons [the only one who ever refers to them as Gundams at that point in the series is Kira] were built at Heliopolis' Morgenroete facility however the people actually doing the contruction were for the most part, Atlantic Federation technicians. Orb and Morgenroete assissted in construction and jacked what info they could for their MS project.

However, the fact that the Astray prototypes don't have Phase Shift proves that Orb/Morgenroete didn't design the G-weapons. The reason for the Atlantic Federation using Heliopolis is that it's remote, and Orb has some good technicians that can help with development of a natural friendly OS. The Atlantic Feds can build their own stuff, they just wanted help with the OS formatting.

Morgenroete [both the facility at Heliopolis and the one on the Orb mainland] proved that they are also quick in cranking out the units. The Heliopolis facility cranked out 3 prototype Astray units and the Onogoro facility [the one on Earth] cranked out at least a handful of M1 Astrays before Jan. 25 C.E. 71 [that was the exact date of the raid on Heliopolis by ZAFT]. That's not bad considering that Earth had just started their G project at Heliopolis about 6 months prior to the ZAFT raid.

Wow that was a long explanation of how Orb didn't build Strike. Anyway, back to topic:

Orb built Strike Rouge on Kusanagi, it wasn't "stowed" there, to my knowledge, it was buolt on the ship. They made it from the spare parts for the original Strike [which is also why it only had the Aile pack]. Also, I think that Orb techs built the IWSP on Kusanagi as well. The reason I heard for her not using it is that she couldn't handle the more advanced fire control system.
Scherazade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 19:47   Link #4
Depresionist

Send a message via MSN to Depresionist
Many spoilers, no time to tag.

First Strike

Strike GAT-X105 (Piloted by Kira Yamato)

Made by collaborating of Morgenroete, Inc. (ORB's Munition's Company) with the Atlantic Federation along with the GAT-X102 Duel, GAT-X103 Buster, GAT-X207 Blitz, and the GAT-X303 Aegis.

Has 3 Modes: Aile, Sword, and Launcher.
Used from episode 1-30 until it was destroyed by Aegis.

ORB salvaged the remains of Strike and rescued pilot Athrun Zala of ZAFT.

Second Strike

Strike GAT-X105 (Piloted by Mu La Flaga)

Made from the remains of the former Strike by ORB.

Has 3 Modes: Aile, Sword, and Launcher. (Sword was never used)
Used from episode 37-49

Strike was obliterated from an attack by the Dominion.

Third Strike

Strike Rouge MBF-02 (Piloted by Cagalli Yula Athha)

Made from the data extracted by Strike. Used in the final battle only.

Has 3 Modes: Aile, Sword, and Launcher. (We only seen Aile so far)
Used from episode 48-50

Still in one piece today (As in Episode 6 for GSD)
Old 2004-11-21, 19:56   Link #5
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scherazade
Orb built Strike Rouge on Kusanagi, it wasn't "stowed" there, to my knowledge, it was buolt on the ship. They made it from the spare parts for the original Strike [which is also why it only had the Aile pack]. Also, I think that Orb techs built the IWSP on Kusanagi as well. The reason I heard for her not using it is that she couldn't handle the more advanced fire control system.
They also improved upon the Phase Shift system (this seems to be the explanation for the different color...) and upgraded some parts to allow for *slightly* better performance.

The IWSP was an Orb upgrade too since the original plans for the IWSP was scrapped by the EA due to high energy consumption.
Old 2004-11-21, 21:52   Link #6
Esper 28
Akira

Scherazade: Awsome explanation. My question for you is: where did you get the information? Is there a SEED website out there that gives such detailed information? I've been trying to find a website that gave such detailed info about the Cosmic Era timeline similiar to what sites like Gundam Project did for Universal Century timeline but to no avail.

So, uh, wanna share your pot of gold?
Esper 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 21:56   Link #7
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esper 28
Scherazade: Awsome explanation. My question for you is: where did you get the information? Is there a SEED website out there that gives such detailed information? I've been trying to find a website that gave such detailed info about the Cosmic Era timeline similiar to what sites like Gundam Project did for Universal Century timeline but to no avail.
http://www.gundamofficial.com has an excellent Gundam SEED section with tons of info that's not available from elsewhere (and its made by the former webmasters of Gundam Project no less)

THough it doesn't have much in the way of information after the current SEED episode airing on Cartoon Network.

As for Scherazade's info, it's a combination of timeline info, info from the SEED and Astray series, and info from other official sources (some of this stuff you can see on MAHQ.net)... So you'll have to look around to really understand everything.
Old 2004-11-21, 21:57   Link #8
Shaoran

Send a message via ICQ to Shaoran Send a message via AIM to Shaoran Send a message via MSN to Shaoran Send a message via Yahoo to Shaoran
Quote:
Well, that's not entirely true. The first 5 G-weapons [the only one who ever refers to them as Gundams at that point in the series is Kira] were built at Heliopolis' Morgenroete facility however the people actually doing the contruction were for the most part, Atlantic Federation technicians. Orb and Morgenroete assissted in construction and jacked what info they could for their MS project.

However, the fact that the Astray prototypes don't have Phase Shift proves that Orb/Morgenroete didn't design the G-weapons. The reason for the Atlantic Federation using Heliopolis is that it's remote, and Orb has some good technicians that can help with development of a natural friendly OS. The Atlantic Feds can build their own stuff, they just wanted help with the OS formatting.

Morgenroete [both the facility at Heliopolis and the one on the Orb mainland] proved that they are also quick in cranking out the units. The Heliopolis facility cranked out 3 prototype Astray units and the Onogoro facility [the one on Earth] cranked out at least a handful of M1 Astrays before Jan. 25 C.E. 71 [that was the exact date of the raid on Heliopolis by ZAFT]. That's not bad considering that Earth had just started their G project at Heliopolis about 6 months prior to the ZAFT raid.

Wow that was a long explanation of how Orb didn't build Strike. Anyway, back to topic:

Man, your information rocks! Major props to ya
Shaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 22:09   Link #9
Esper 28
Akira

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
http://www.gundamofficial.com has an excellent Gundam SEED section with tons of info that's not available from elsewhere (and its made by the former webmasters of Gundam Project no less)

THough it doesn't have much in the way of information after the current SEED episode airing on Cartoon Network.

As for Scherazade's info, it's a combination of timeline info, info from the SEED and Astray series, and info from other official sources (some of this stuff you can see on MAHQ.net)... So you'll have to look around to really understand everything.
Ah, Mark Simmons works on the official Gundam site now? Nice, I thought he just disappeared, lol.

I was hoping someone would be like, "Yeah, dude, go to GundamSEED.com and there's this awsome site that has all the collective SEED info there so you can read up on everything without having to sift through a bunch of different sites." Guess I was hoping for too much, eh?! Heheh, oh well...

I've got like, weird questions that I'll probably have to look hard for answers. Like, how a colony works in CE. Or questions about the mechs regarding Phase Shift and what-not. And I'm still curious if beam particles work with Minovsky particles but I really doubt it. Oh well, I'm rambling...
Old 2004-11-21, 22:19   Link #10
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esper 28
Ah, Mark Simmons works on the official Gundam site now? Nice, I thought he just disappeared, lol.
Yeah, Mark Simmons work on the content while Keith Rhee (the founder of Gundam Project) works on the layout. So it has quite a bit of good stuff. And once they finish it should be a good enough "collective" site. If not you can just go over to the Gundam Watch forum and ask Mark Simmons himself since he quite active on that board.

Quote:
Like, how a colony works in CE.
Well, straight from Gundamofficial:

Quote:
PLANTS (Productive Location Ally on Nexus Technology): These hourglass-style structures consist of two disc-shaped living areas, each ten kilometers in diameter, which rotate around a central hub to produce artificial gravity. Each living area is anchored to the hub by a 30-kilometer central shaft and a network of high-tension strings, and a high-speed elevator runs up the central shaft to provide access to the hub. A set of external mirrors, attached to the central hub, are used to reflect sunlight into the inner surfaces of the living areas.

The PLANTs are grouped into twelve sectors, or "cities," each with its own scientific or industrial specialty. These cities are named after the months of the Roman calendar, and each is made up of roughly ten individual PLANT settlements, which are referred to as Januarius One, Januarius Two, and so forth.
So I think you get the idea. Go to Gundamofficial.
Old 2004-11-21, 22:24   Link #11
Esper 28
Akira

Ohhh...your point has been made. I shall go there now, lol. Thanks Brightman, I appreciate being given some direction in my quest for knowledge, heheh.
Old 2004-11-21, 22:54   Link #12
Scherazade
Asturian Guymelef

Mark and Keith are both active members of Gundam Watch's forums. They're both pretty nice guys and usually very helpful. Most of the time that they post is to answer questions no one else can or to further elaborate on points that members make. There are a lot of sharp observers there too so Mark and Keith aren't the only resources. The admin/mod crew are pretty well versed in Gundam knowledge.

Also, gundamseed.net has quite a bit of official info, but it's all in Japanese.

Last edited by Scherazade; 2004-11-21 at 23:25.
Old 2004-11-21, 22:59   Link #13
Esper 28
Akira

Quote:
Mark and Keith are both active members of Gundam Watches forums. They're both pretty nice guys and usually very helpful. Most of the time that they post is to answer questions no one else can or to further elaborate on points that members make. There are a lot of sharp observers there too so Mark and Keith aren't the only resources. The admin/mod crew are pretty well versed in Gundam knowledge.

Also, gundamseed.net has quite a bit of official info, but it's all in Japanese.
I'm probably gonna get hollared at for going completely off topic...

But are you the same Scherazade from the Gundam.com's forums?
Old 2004-11-21, 23:24   Link #14
Scherazade
Asturian Guymelef

Yup. Did you get into an argument with me there?
Old 2004-11-21, 23:26   Link #15
Esper 28
Akira

Hahah, no. It's Bernie, you old fogey.
Old 2004-11-21, 23:31   Link #16
Scherazade
Asturian Guymelef

Old fogey? You should talk. Anyway, so as not to keep us too off topic, send me an email or a pm. Tallgeese3@yahoo.com
Old 2004-11-22, 01:20   Link #17
Lunas
Enraged elf lover

Send a message via ICQ to Lunas Send a message via AIM to Lunas Send a message via MSN to Lunas
Quote:
Originally Posted by abazou
How come there're 2 strike gundams at the last gundam seed episodes?
Fraga is driving one and cagali is driving the other.. where did it come from? she called it strike rogue.
Spoiler:
Lunas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 02:40   Link #18
Esper 28
Akira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunas
Spoiler:
Oi, oi...

Try reading the posts earlier in the topic. It was explained that the Strike Rouge (which is French for red) is made out of spare parts for the original Strike Gundam. It is not a mass-produced M1 unit. It's an actual Gundam made out of spare Gundam parts.

Also, the M1 Astray units that you mentioned. Those weren't Gundams. So, you're right, they don't have Phase Shift armor.