1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-01, 14:39   Link #41
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
bit strange. i though only female fox-people had tails. not one fox male have i seen has a tail.

it could just be that males find it embarassing.or social customs to hide it. after all the males do occasional wear those funny thing around there heads to hid their ears....
Old 2006-05-01, 15:20   Link #42
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

You beat me to it... same here... I've not seen one male with a tail... not even a bump. It looked like if it had a tail, t'were a girl.
I guess they come from far enough away that there are some racial differences.... they did say they came from far away, so the racial difference might be the ticket.
I suppose they could also have been driven away from their homeland because of those "false accusations" (medical differences ->hermaphrodite?).
The voices are ambivalent ... boy-ish, but not much more so than the anime "tsundere" type growly voice (I'm watching Petopeto at the moment and the very lovely kappa girl, Sahara has such a voice -- a mermaid named Sahara... heh).

Ah well.. not really relevant to the story yet but interesting "sidestory"...
Old 2006-05-01, 15:39   Link #43
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
bit strange. i though only female fox-people had tails. not one fox male have i seen has a tail.

it could just be that males find it embarassing.or social customs to hide it. after all the males do occasional wear those funny thing around there heads to hid their ears....
If wing people (or whatever they are called) can have different types of wings, it wouldn't be surprising to see several different groups or species among fox people.

Like the tailess male group and so on....
Old 2006-05-01, 15:53   Link #44
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

i suppose that's possible, i mean there is the racial difference in ear types already.....
Old 2006-05-01, 20:39   Link #45
bento-cube
Lunchbox? Mmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
And the gods of bishie win again...... eek. Okay... I guess I need to keep an eye out for that young lady.... I hadn't even noticed her because she only gets a few frames before the interesting redhaired trenchcoated swordswoman is given her sequence.
That would be Touka. I'm rather partial to her Iaijutsu style of fighting (reminds me of creaky old Citan from Xenogears...)
Old 2006-05-02, 01:28   Link #46
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Touka has an awesome sequence in the promo video where she slices sakura petals on their dance down into the water.
Old 2006-05-02, 17:28   Link #47
Green²
It's bacon!

To remember back when the villagers accepted the taken goods from their overlords. The old lady knew what would happen should they return to find it. In all likely case, she may have also seen it as stolen. The old lady knew that she was well respected within her village and around. The old lady knew that she was too old. With the growing wars & battles drawing even closer to the village, the old lady knew that they would soon have to rise to battle. With her death, perhaps she knew that it would bring conflict with her village and the overlords. And perhaps, with Hakuoro, that she knew that he would be strong enough to lead her village into that battle.

But for Aruruu,

...the pain seemed more than physical.

That perhaps, `If I didn't throw that rock, would grandmother be still alive today?` ...for with that pain, sears the soul. For that to heal, may never be known.

Nor for Hakuoro, who must also help bear the pain, as an leader, as a father.

`This is for Tusukuru. Fuck you and die!` (♫I think we know who could make a good english voice artist.♫ ...for now. )

And with that, a new path for all to walk, with no turning back. Perhaps for the old lady, a fulfilled life now lived.

Old 2006-05-02, 21:06   Link #48
Furudanuki

Quote:

They do not exactly leap off the screen, but I have seen some examples of males who have tails. BTW, the time references I'm giving are for the yesy subs:

Episode #2 - A young boy runs into Teoro (4:32). I'm pretty sure this child is a boy anyway...
Episode #2 - Mutikapa is climbing out of the water pit (16:28). The man in a gray tunic with a pitchfork, second from the right.
Episode #2 - When the villagers have speared Mutikapa (16:41). Two of the men on the left side of the screen.
Episode #3 - The villagers are putting goods into the storehouse (13:22). The man shown backing up the stairs carrying one end of a chest.

Maybe we see a lot more female fox-people with tails because there are a lot more rear-angle shots of the females. Can't imagine why...
Old 2006-05-02, 21:25   Link #49
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
To add onto what's already posted above me, this image is from Episode 5. Don't worry: it isn't a spoiler. It's completely out of context, innocuous and cropped.

Those are all men from the village. As you can see, some have tails and some don't. I think it depends on the species or clan that they're from (as it is in nature).
Old 2006-05-02, 21:52   Link #50
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

oh well, it was a nice theory, and it was cute. but now that tails seem to be a normal thing, well....where are the tail-less fox ladies then? O_o
Old 2006-05-02, 22:33   Link #51
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

I pray to the gods that Hakuoro never feels the need to touch the tail of a male-fox.
Old 2006-05-02, 23:06   Link #52
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

you see?! now this happens! they should of left the tails to the females.... (<.<; )
Old 2006-05-02, 23:33   Link #53
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

ah well... I guess a lot of us are focused on those feminine tail swishes. I will say that anatomically they seem placed a bit high but that falls under "animation shortcut 101".

Now we need some overly obsessive sort to see how the ear-types compare with tail or no-tail and look for correlations then we can reverse engineer the racial variant groups
Old 2006-05-03, 02:04   Link #54
Green²
It's bacon!

The tail thing... I believe that I have an answer for that.

http://rapidshare.de/files/19500000/..._tail.avi.html
~1.6MB (Non spoilers)

(Mirror) http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EI2H7V1R

Any questions?

Last edited by Green²; 2006-05-03 at 11:05.
Old 2006-05-03, 07:07   Link #55
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

rapidshare hates me, and i hate it.

so i can't see the video.
Old 2006-05-03, 07:08   Link #56
bento-cube
Lunchbox? Mmm.

As far as I've seen, there are two types of ears: The pointed type (see Oboro), and the droopy type (see Dorii/Guraa, or those couple of guys in the screenshot above).

However, it can be seen that the first guy (whose face cannot be seen), is of the 'droopy ear type' but has a tail, while the 4th guy from the right has ears like Oboro (the pointed type), and ALSO has a tail.

Therefore, I conclude that there is no correlation between ear-type and tail existence. My guess is that it's something that's drawn up randomly.
Old 2006-05-03, 07:34   Link #57
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Its a random event for males but a certain thing for females? Therefor, males with tails are FREAKS!

Burnn..BUURRN THEM!

Old 2006-05-03, 09:24   Link #58
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Soooooooooo, I guess guys with tails are considered bishie?
Old 2006-05-03, 09:54   Link #59
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Well I guess the lasses need something to keep them watching....

(I still say we gotta burn those Bishie heathens)

Old 2006-05-03, 10:36   Link #60
bento-cube
Lunchbox? Mmm.

Bishie eh? I'm sure Dorii and Guraa make for great bishies. ^^;;
Closed Thread