AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2009-07-01, 02:44   Link #1
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

Displaying Subtitles

So I have an mkv file with AVC video, Vorbis audio, and two ASS text files for subtitles. When using MPC - HomeCinema (this one uses the K-Lite Codec Pack due to the need for codecs which CCCP lacks), neither subtitle track displays (even though there is a place to click for them). When using VLC PLayer (I downloaded whatever else came with the player from the VLC site), the subtitles show up, but the picture at certain points becomes distorted/pixelated (not a CPU issue).

Is it that each player lacks a setting that the other has, or is it something else? I'd hate to have to pick apart the file and then re-encode it just to watch the subtitles.
Old 2009-07-01, 06:17   Link #2
Daiz
Pioneer in Fansub 2.0

So are you saying you have both CCCP AND K-Lite installed?

If yes, uninstall both of them, reboot and install CCCP again. What other formats do you need to play that CCCP doesn't? If you want to play Real Media, get Real Alternative Lite to go with CCCP. For QuickTime, get QT Alternative Lite.
Old 2009-07-01, 14:29   Link #3
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

CCCP is NOT installed. It has K-Lite and whatever else was included in the initial download of VLC Player from the VLC site (i.e plug-ins).

Some streaming sites (i.e YouTube) don't have a link for downloading the vids, so I use Orbit to download the video files. Some of those files require a codec that even CCCP lacks.
Old 2009-07-01, 15:42   Link #4
Lvrhina
Akamatsu Fan

Send a message via MSN to Lvrhina
I'm not smartest at this but first start off with

Media player classic
http://www.afterdawn.com/software/vi...er_classic.cfm

you might be able to find a better link

than CCCP
http://cccp-project.net/

whenever it comes to me switching audio / video / subtitle track i just use FFDshow decoder to change up the available tracks

like i said sorry not good at explaining but hope that did help a bit, i seemed to always have trouble with vlc and codecs and even though i loved GOMplayer i found WMC works alot better with most codecs out there
Old 2009-07-02, 04:04   Link #5
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
There's your problem: VLC. Uninstall the POS and K-Lite, and install the latest CCCP with MPCHC.
Old 2009-07-03, 18:49   Link #6
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

while vlc does suck, the one thing speaking for it is that it is completely self-contained and doesn't fuck with your system codecs, so keeping it won't hurt anything
(just don't watch fansubs in it, it has a ton of odd issues)
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read