AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2013-09-02, 10:17   Link #81
Mumi
SHSL Nerd

I know this has probably been said many times, but I think the third movie is gonna take place in Kasamino.

Also, Mami better not die or else I'm gonna flip a table.
Mumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 21:15   Link #82
bastek66

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...ka-magica-film
Old 2013-09-02, 22:08   Link #83
Mumi
SHSL Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
hnnnggghhh

i can't even right now she's so cute
Old 2013-09-02, 23:57   Link #84
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Interesting enough, Nagisa's eyes are different from everyone else. Hmm, it reminds some people of Charlotte's eyes (as a worm monster). And the website says she has an unknown wish. Suspicious...
Old 2013-09-03, 00:04   Link #85
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Interesting enough, Nagisa's eyes are different from everyone else. Hmm, it reminds some people of Charlotte's eyes (as a worm monster). And the website says she has an unknown wish. Suspicious...
Is it possible that she's the magical girl that later became Charlotte pre-MadokaWorld? But given that witches aren't around now, maybe she lasted longer and never became Charlotte.
Old 2013-09-03, 00:11   Link #86
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
It's Madoka, or at least an incarnation of her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia

Incarnation literally means embodied in flesh or taking on flesh. It refers to the conception and birth of a sentient creature (generally a human) who is the material manifestation of an entity, god or force whose original nature is immaterial. In its religious context the word is used to mean the descent from Heaven of a god, or divine being in human/animal form on Earth.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incarnation

And no, I have no idea if it's true. It's just really obvious, given the character design and brief synopsis.
Old 2013-09-03, 00:14   Link #87
Shadow5YA

I just noticed that all the movie 3 posters still have Homura with her original shield/sand dial, which implies she still has her original powers for some time.

Perhaps movie 3 will lead to Homura coming to terms with Madoka's sacrifice, which in turn leads her to earning the bow and arrow at the end of the TV series.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-03, 00:29   Link #88
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
It's Madoka, or at least an incarnation of her.

And no, I have no idea if it's true. It's just really obvious, given the character design and brief synopsis.
I don't know... What about her character design makes you think Madoka? The only thing about her character design that makes me think Madoka is the pink dress with white polka dots and the overall facial expression. But both could just be due to SHAFT trying to make a cute little magical girl character. And the other elements of her character design have considerable differences from Madoka.

I'm not necessarily opposed to Madoka incarnating herself as a human - In fact, if I was writing this, I'd probably go for exactly that - But I'm curious to know what about this girl makes you think "Madoka incarnated".
Old 2013-09-03, 00:30   Link #89
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I just noticed that all the movie 3 posters still have Homura with her original shield/sand dial, which implies she still has her original powers for some time.

Perhaps movie 3 will lead to Homura coming to terms with Madoka's sacrifice, which in turn leads her to earning the bow and arrow at the end of the TV series.
The artwork features Madoka as a normal magical girl too. Difficult to say why those changes were made. The movie takes place after the show though, so having her shield back means something isn't right. And of course, Sayaka is supposed to be dead. So either it's just promotional art, or story hints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I don't know... What about her character design makes you think Madoka? The only thing about her character design that makes me think Madoka is the pink dress with white polka dots and the overall facial expression. But both could just be due to SHAFT trying to make a cute little magical girl character. And the other elements of her character design have considerable differences from Madoka.

I'm not necessarily opposed to Madoka incarnating herself as a human - In fact, if I was writing this, I'd probably go for exactly that - But I'm curious to know what about this girl makes you think "Madoka incarnated".
The eyes are a mix of red and orange. Madoka's eyes are Red and her ultimate form is Orange with a red tinge (see avatar). The overall color design is a mix of colors mostly worn by Madoka. The polka dots are reminiscent of Charlotte, but we've never seen her human form and witches can be very abstract, looking nothing like their original human form.

The incarnation makes sense. Think "avatar" or something like Jesus, or the incarnations of Naraku from Inuyasha. It's Madoka, but not Madoka. Not only does it fit the religious symbolism of Madoka, but it also circumvents the reason she can't exist in the mortal plane. The young age helps add credibility to this speculation, since it's a mystical thing, she could be aging quickly.

But I could be wrong, and probably am. We are talking about a story written by a master troll, after all. She could just be the new Yuma. Or maybe someone wished Kyuubey was a Magical Girl.

Last edited by Solace; 2013-09-03 at 00:44.
Solace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-03, 00:46   Link #90
Triple_R
*Author

It's pretty clear that Sayaka is in the movie. She was featured in the trailer for it, and that ANN link makes it clearer still with "The main cast will be returning from the television series and previous two films, with Aoi Yūki as Madoka Kaname, Chiwa Saito as Homura Akemi, Eri Kitamura as Sayaka Miki, Kaori Mizuhashi as Mami Tomoe, Ai Nonaka as Kyōko Sakura, and Emiri Katō as Kyubey."

She's in the movie, so she can be in promo art. But her scenes might just be flashback scenes (of nonetheless new content) for all we know.

That being said, there could be story hints to the promo art.
Old 2013-09-03, 02:30   Link #91
Shadow5YA

Quote:
The artwork features Madoka as a normal magical girl too. Difficult to say why those changes were made. The movie takes place after the show though, so having her shield back means something isn't right. And of course, Sayaka is supposed to be dead. So either it's just promotional art, or story hints.
Did Homura have her bow during the scene where Sayaka died in the new world? I don't recall.

Either way, the whole alternate world story is sketchy in general since it's clear there was at least one time skip. There are plenty of gaps that can be filled.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-03, 07:04   Link #92
Mumi
SHSL Nerd

Quote:

The eyes are a mix of red and orange. Madoka's eyes are Red and her ultimate form is Orange with a red tinge (see avatar). The overall color design is a mix of colors mostly worn by Madoka. The polka dots are reminiscent of Charlotte, but we've never seen her human form and witches can be very abstract, looking nothing like their original human form.

The incarnation makes sense. Think "avatar" or something like Jesus, or the incarnations of Naraku from Inuyasha. It's Madoka, but not Madoka. Not only does it fit the religious symbolism of Madoka, but it also circumvents the reason she can't exist in the mortal plane. The young age helps add credibility to this speculation, since it's a mystical thing, she could be aging quickly.

But I could be wrong, and probably am. We are talking about a story written by a master troll, after all. She could just be the new Yuma. Or maybe someone wished Kyuubey was a Magical Girl.
Can't believe you didn't mention her hair. It's twintails with longer hair in the back, like Ultimate Madoka. I think she's either a new form of Madoka, or the HomuMado magical baby.
Old 2013-09-03, 07:06   Link #93
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

I'm just glad that the whole original Hidamari cast is in this series now.

Let the fan art crossover commence!!!
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-03, 07:23   Link #94
KoiYuki

Quote:
The eyes are a mix of red and orange. Madoka's eyes are Red and her ultimate form is Orange with a red tinge (see avatar).
Not arguing your point, but to clarify, Madoka's eyes are pink, her ultimate form's are yellow with amber, and Nagisa's eyes are also yellow and orange.

But yeah, they're very similar.

I find it odd that she seems to have two colors in her eyes in the first place. I would point out that they have the same droopy eye shape, but some of the other characters do too..
KoiYuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-03, 07:44   Link #95
Triple_R
*Author

Nagisa Momoe also has a lot of purple and green in her character design. There's no purple or green in Madoka's original magical girl outfit, and there's no green in her Ultimate form (her leggings are kind of
purplish-tinted white, so I'm not sure if that counts). And while Nagisa's hair has some similarity to Ultimate Madoka's, it also has two key differences - Color (white vs. pink), and the fact that Nagisa's hair looks firm and thick like a lion's mane while Ultimate Madoka's hair is very fine, loose, and wispy.

To be fair, I suppose that if Nagisa was more similar to Madoka than what she is, it would be giving it away (i.e. if Nagisa had pink hair, or fewer non-Madoka colors, I'd be inclined to agree with Solace). There's enough similarity to consider the incarnation possibility and to remain open to it, but there's enough difference that I wouldn't be surprised if she's just a new magical girl.
Old 2013-09-03, 09:01   Link #96
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
thick like a lion's mane
In before it's the cat Madoka saved with her wish in the first timeline (where Homura first became a magical girl), who was able to wish to become a human magical girl due to its connection with Madoka's fate entanglement.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-03, 10:43   Link #97
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
In before it's the cat Madoka saved with her wish in the first timeline (where Homura first became a magical girl), who was able to wish to become a human magical girl due to its connection with Madoka's fate entanglement.
Oooo... now that would be pretty fun! Nice idea.
Old 2013-09-03, 13:19   Link #98
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Has anyone considered the possibility that this girl isn't meant to literally be Madoka, but evocative of her in a way that gets Homura's goat? I can see the moment where Homura's crying and it looks like Madoka's comforting her, then she turns around and it's Nagisa.

It's pretty clear that as much as Homura holds Madoka dearly in her heart, she has to ease up on her attachment or she's not going to be able to cope, and will kind of undermine the sacrifice Madoka made. Perhaps Nagisa is supposed to be a figure to get her through a tough time in her life, and can be a reason for her to live in this new world instead of just killing time until she sees Madoka again.

As for what Nagisa wished for....just making a random guess in relation to my theory.

"...If there's a person out there that only I can help...I want to help them. There's...never been anything I was really good at...I don't have any talents, and...I'm not very smart. Being a Magical Girl is really enough for me! But...if there is something only I can do...I want to know what."

And with her first transformation, she has a vision of a dark-haired girl.
Old 2013-09-03, 14:08   Link #99
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
Has anyone considered the possibility that this girl isn't meant to literally be Madoka, but evocative of her in a way that gets Homura's goat? I can see the moment where Homura's crying and it looks like Madoka's comforting her, then she turns around and it's Nagisa.

It's pretty clear that as much as Homura holds Madoka dearly in her heart, she has to ease up on her attachment or she's not going to be able to cope, and will kind of undermine the sacrifice Madoka made. Perhaps Nagisa is supposed to be a figure to get her through a tough time in her life, and can be a reason for her to live in this new world instead of just killing time until she sees Madoka again.

As for what Nagisa wished for....just making a random guess in relation to my theory.

"...If there's a person out there that only I can help...I want to help them. There's...never been anything I was really good at...I don't have any talents, and...I'm not very smart. Being a Magical Girl is really enough for me! But...if there is something only I can do...I want to know what."

And with her first transformation, she has a vision of a dark-haired girl.
And Homura dotes on her because she acts like Madoka. Until she rebels and Homura snipes her with tears.
Old 2013-09-03, 17:51   Link #100
GDB

Honestly, if she isn't an Avatar for Madoka, I'll be a bit disappointed. They already have an excellent cast of characters that people love, so for what purpose would she truly serve? Is she just being created and having the story molded to fit her so they can make merchandise of a sixth girl? I really hope that isn't the case.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
madoka