AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2004-01-14, 08:19   Link #1
abd08

Japanese scripts

Hi there,

Do any of the fansubbing groups have access to or use their own self-created Japanese scripts to translate into English? Would there be any way at all to get hold of something like this?

Thanks,
abd08
abd08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-14, 08:33   Link #2
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

Usually fansub groups write their own scripts and keep them secret, so that nobody else can use them. But there is a website that archives scripts--

http://www.scriptclub.org/

[edit] Eheh, I guess you meant by "own self-created Japanese scripts to translate into English" that you wanted scripts in Japanese... there are none

Last edited by Shii; 2004-01-14 at 10:02.
Shii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-14, 09:11   Link #3
Lucier
Lunar Translator

I dun think any groups make Japanese scripts... it'd be fun, but pointless...
maybe on the web you could find some..
Lucier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-14, 09:20   Link #4
abd08

Thanks for the info... will keep trying!! Maybe a fellow learner who's fansubbing and reading this will take pity on me ;-)

abd08
abd08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-14, 13:28   Link #5
Lucier
Lunar Translator

If you're fortunate enough to be in Tokyo, you should have many great learning opportunities all around you =)...

I don't have time to type up Japanese scripts, but if you want help learning, I'm always willing to try...

ほかの人に日本語を教えてあげるのはすごくいいことだと思うよ ^^;
Lucier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-14, 14:09   Link #6
ff7799
Banned

Send a message via AIM to ff7799 Send a message via MSN to ff7799
Quote:
Originally Posted by abd08
Hi there,

Do any of the fansubbing groups have access to or use their own self-created Japanese scripts to translate into English? Would there be any way at all to get hold of something like this?

Thanks,
abd08
My new website has a Anime/Manga Fanscript Public Database, sorry but we still don't have alot of content.
ff7799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-14, 14:35   Link #7
getfresh
done
*Fansubber

You want jsub files. ScriptClub has some jsubs from dvds cause you can use the time code for other subs. You'd have to search their database for them, but I've run across them a few times.
getfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-15, 04:15   Link #8
Garylisk
Baka Neko!
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Garylisk Send a message via AIM to Garylisk Send a message via MSN to Garylisk Send a message via Yahoo to Garylisk
Actually, I have a complete and timestamped Japanese script for Tenchi Muyo OVA3 episode 2 right now.

BTW the English script is 95% complete.

And also, I don't see the problem in sharing Japanese scripts... anyone who watches the episode could make one with enough knowledge of Japanese, and people without Japanese knowledge would have no use for them.

Also, as for sharing English scripts, look on Script Club. My English SSA for Tenchi GXP episode 1 is shared there.

Now, as for sharing Subtitle scripts of newer stuff.. I might do it if it were in DVDSubber format so you can sue them to overlay subs on y our Region 2 DVDs.

Admittedly, I do get attetched to my English scripts, and I do worry that other people will take credit for my translation work... but heck, any old sap can watch the fansub and make their own script based on the text in the sub if they want to put forth that much effort.... but most people don't as far as I know.

Overall, I generally give people my scripts if they ask for them.. but I don't put them out in public for anyone to take whenever they want. At least then I can keep track of who has them.
Garylisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-15, 16:55   Link #9
roxfan
Solar Fansubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by abd08
We have some Japanese scripts for Mao-chan (first 13 eps or so). We asked our translator back then to provide them so we could better decrypt his Engrish I also did a Japanese script for RahXephon OVA so I could better understand what the hell is being said while editing it...
But as others have said, generally translators go straight to English, cause it's quite tiring to type everything twice.
If you really need them, PM me. But be warned that they might contain a lot of errors (we fix those in English, but usually don't bother with Japanese).
roxfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-15, 20:57   Link #10
rayearth

Send a message via ICQ to rayearth
On a slightly off topic note, some series do sell their scripts (copies of it) after the series is completed after sometime. For example, the Kanon TV series had a script book called "Scenary" that covers the whole TV series (it was made before Kazahana, hence doesn't include that) and there were script booklets released for the Shugogetten OVA per episode - take a wild guess how much they cost in total :P

Either way, scripts books are usually considered collector's items and released WAY after their respective episodes have been aired, making them not exactly useful in fansubbing today.
rayearth is offline   Reply With Quote