Old 2006-03-08, 19:13   Link #1
Antonik

Bleach Aquired by Viz

Its on animeondvd.com and will appear on adult swim
Old 2006-03-08, 19:24   Link #2
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Nnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo~! !!
Old 2006-03-08, 19:26   Link #3
Spirit Chicken!

Send a message via AIM to Spirit Chicken!
Hmmm...this isn't exactly a screaming official announcement from Viz though. Probably is theirs though, all things considered. Still, I won't stick a fork in it until we get a proper big announcement from a con or press release or studio rep.

If it isn't coming out till late this year though....man...gonna be a LOOONG wait knowing Viz before it gets past Lunar's latest contribution as of today
Old 2006-03-08, 19:38   Link #4
defrule

Aww crap, what bad news.
Old 2006-03-08, 19:45   Link #5
Illuyankas
I need another drink.

I was about to make this very thread... Damn it all to hell!
Old 2006-03-08, 19:51   Link #6
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Owch... did I curse it by making that Bleach dub thread, I wonder?
Old 2006-03-08, 19:55   Link #7
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer
Owch... did I curse it by making that Bleach dub thread, I wonder?
No, the article is over a month old. This just took a month to be discovered. And why is everyone complaining. It is going to be on [AS] and not toonami.
Old 2006-03-08, 20:00   Link #8
defrule

I don't know about this Adult Swim thing, is it some kind of channel in th US? I know we don't have it in the UK. Hell, we don't have any anime at all.
Old 2006-03-08, 20:13   Link #9
iceyfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab
No, the article is over a month old. This just took a month to be discovered. And why is everyone complaining. It is going to be on [AS] and not toonami.
remember kids. cartoon network = hot stuff. adult swim = hotter stuff.

bo bo bo bova po

Quote:
Originally Posted by defrule
I don't know about this Adult Swim thing, is it some kind of channel in th US? I know we don't have it in the UK. Hell, we don't have any anime at all.
yah
Old 2006-03-08, 20:16   Link #10
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by defrule
Toonami is a block on Cartoon Network. Adult Swim is a more "mature" block on Cartoon Network.
Old 2006-03-08, 20:46   Link #11
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Would it be possible for any of you BLEACH-taurds to post any links or information that comes close to confirming any of this?? sheeeesh....

[adult swim] ain't a bad thing at all ("swim" has exposed more good anime than any other block in America by far), but I haven't heard anything about any of this...It seems like VIZ is the only studio that sticks their necks out for 100+ ep series (BLEACH will surely hit a 100 eps at it's pace)...Inuyasha, Naruto and now BLEACH I guess...Naruto's dub has been a bit dissapointing and they have Steven Blum as the main scriptwriter and the production team from "Cowboy bebop", so it's really dissapointing how some of those voices shaped up (and that's an all-star dub team)...Since VIZ uses basically the same VA's BLEACH won't be much different if this true (And they won't get as much production money as Naruto to be sure) ...
Old 2006-03-08, 20:54   Link #12
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
Would it be possible for any of you BLEACH-taurds to post any links or information that comes close to confirming any of this?? sheeeesh....
It is on animeondvd front page, the source (c21media) is legit too. The [AS] part is rumor based on an interview with the CN VP would said it is more [AS] material than Toonami. (Both are blocks of CN, AS is considered it's own network so that its ratings are better.)
Old 2006-03-08, 21:15   Link #13
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Well that was a really poor release article, but here it is, not even link worthy (Should be some better release info available)...

Viz Media Acquires Bleach Anime (06:36 PM EST): According to this report from C21 Media back on February 6th, Viz Media has acquired the Bleach anime in order to push more into the teen anime market. This comes at a time when a recent Cartoon Network interview has the commentator talking about how Bleach is very much an Adult Swim oriented show and would fit well in their line-up. Time that with Inu Yasha getting closer to finishing and it looks as if Viz Media is lining things up for their next big TV push in addition to Naruto.

Atleast CN isn't gonna make the same mistake they did with YuYu hakusho (that would have been an excellent adult swim launch title which was ruined by Toonami to the point the final eps air 4:30 am on Saturday early mornings )...This is gonna be a really new type of show for [adult swim] because it does have that "Kids action" shonen feel to it if you know nothing about it, but I'm sure "swim" will advertise more of the adult content in BLEACH...That's one thing adult swim does well and that tricking the audience into thinking the show is different from what it really is at times (Thru their ads)...Any news on when production starts and when eps will be released?? I guess they'll wait til Inuyasha ends which will be in 3 or 4 more months it seems...
Old 2006-03-08, 21:19   Link #14
Ziv

Quote:

[adult swim] ain't a bad thing at all ("swim" has exposed more good anime than any other block in America by far), but I haven't heard anything about any of this...It seems like VIZ is the only studio that sticks their necks out for 100+ ep series (BLEACH will surely hit a 100 eps at it's pace)...Inuyasha, Naruto and now BLEACH I guess...Naruto's dub has been a bit dissapointing and they have Steven Blum as the main scriptwriter and the production team from "Cowboy bebop", so it's really dissapointing how some of those voices shaped up (and that's an all-star dub team)...Since VIZ uses basically the same VA's BLEACH won't be much different if this true (And they won't get as much production money as Naruto to be sure) ...
"all star"!? that's mind boggling. Their Naruto actor seems completely out of character in the one episode I watched before I turned off my tv and screamed. Naruto seemed like a pompus jerk from the tone of voice that actor was using.
Old 2006-03-08, 21:31   Link #15
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^that was my point...When I heard they would have Cowboy Bebop's production staff and Steven Blum as the main scriptwriter I was pleasently surprised and thought Naruto might have a chance at a good dub (Wolf's Rain would be a good example of the level I thought it would be atleast)...But it's not even close...It's not as if all the voices suck (some voices are good), but they don't fit the characters at all... Bleach ain't gonna get as much production money as Naruto, but that still doesn't mean the dub can't be decent (As decent as Inuyasha IMO)...
Old 2006-03-08, 21:39   Link #16
Ryuujin

Quote:
Atleast CN isn't gonna make the same mistake they did with YuYu hakusho (that would have been an excellent adult swim launch title which was ruined by Toonami to the point the final eps air 4:30 am on Saturday early mornings )...
Yu Yu Hakusho WAS an Adult Swim "launch title", one of the first anime to premiere on Adult Swim. I don't know what caused the switch to Toonami, but I'm pretty sure it was bad ratings that sent it to the graveyard slot (just like, among other things, Gundam SEED)...

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Old 2006-03-08, 21:47   Link #17
Alcy
Left! Right! Seven! Cake!

Bleach = licensed, apparently

Source: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/view...php?t=12507823
Old 2006-03-08, 21:54   Link #18
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^I already know all of that Ryuujin ^^...

It should have remained on [as]...It was moved to Toonami because they saw lots of fighting and thought it could be a DBZ-buffer show...But they edited it so badly (Plus the show had that older look that not many kids are excited for)...They ruined the show trying to "kid it down" (If it stays on [as] it's a cult hit), now Naruto is the next DBZ (and I think it will be a smash hit, because new veiwers have no clue the voices suck)...

Gundam SEED has to be the hardest type of show for CN to pull off cause it has a cast of all kids basically, but it's trying to be REALISTIC not cartooney in any way(Like BLEACH or Naruto)...Plus it has extreme violence at times that just can't be edited good...It's not a show that easily fits in a Toonami or Adult Swim demo...It's in limbo and is treated as such...It should really be on HBO or something..Speaking of HBO, they should really get into the anime game after big success with SPAWN they have an untapped audience for a great anime series I think...BLEACH will be a different type of [as] show, but it's adult humour will make it fit...
Old 2006-03-08, 21:59   Link #19
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Never watched the series nor bothered but heard alot about how great it is from other people. I was wondering when it was going to get licensed.
Old 2006-03-08, 22:03   Link #20
Alcy
Left! Right! Seven! Cake!

Same, actually. I just figured I'd post it here since I noticed the eps are still up.
Closed Thread