AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2020-06-29, 17:35   Link #1
Psyco Diver

So apparently I'm a racist now

I put this here because I know its poltical and I figured it was more appropriate here.

A guy on my Facebook that I went to school with from K to graduation. We shared some friends but I was never really friends with him for reasons I'll tell later

Well my graduating class has a Facebook group and I mention we didn't have a reunion and no one noticed and several people added me including him. Well he leans heavy to the left political wise and he posts political stuff from time to time. Me being the debater I am call out the BS but offer to discuss it. Well today he posts something about Obama being a great international leader and Trump sucks. Well I call out Obama was criticized on both sides back then but yea still better than Trump but no Clinton which I make a Epstien joke about him Slick Willy used the island to get deals done. Well he calls me a racist right off the bat and then spouts off how bad I am. I told him to show me where I was racist but nope, he blocks me and deletes me after I laugh at him

Now the reason I should have mention why I never hung around him, its because during elementary, middle and high school he used to make racist and sexist jokes non stop, my two best friends were black and mexican and were friends with him but would get pissed constantly at him for his jokes. I guess now he's liberal though its all in the past, I should have called him on that but oh well. I think what urks me the most is that there is no discussion, the fact I disagreed with him and put forth factual information I get called racist. World sucks right now, everyone wants to be heard but no one wants to listen
Old 2020-06-29, 18:09   Link #2
kari-no-sugata II

Cancel culture. New Puritans. Whatever label you wanna use, it's an unhealthy mindset to close off debate and discussion. Realising you're wrong about something is great because it means you just learned something.
Old 2020-06-29, 19:05   Link #3
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyco Diver View Post
I put this here because I know its poltical and I figured it was more appropriate here.

A guy on my Facebook that I went to school with from K to graduation. We shared some friends but I was never really friends with him for reasons I'll tell later

Well my graduating class has a Facebook group and I mention we didn't have a reunion and no one noticed and several people added me including him. Well he leans heavy to the left political wise and he posts political stuff from time to time. Me being the debater I am call out the BS but offer to discuss it. Well today he posts something about Obama being a great international leader and Trump sucks. Well I call out Obama was criticized on both sides back then but yea still better than Trump but no Clinton which I make a Epstien joke about him Slick Willy used the island to get deals done. Well he calls me a racist right off the bat and then spouts off how bad I am. I told him to show me where I was racist but nope, he blocks me and deletes me after I laugh at him

Now the reason I should have mention why I never hung around him, its because during elementary, middle and high school he used to make racist and sexist jokes non stop, my two best friends were black and mexican and were friends with him but would get pissed constantly at him for his jokes. I guess now he's liberal though its all in the past, I should have called him on that but oh well. I think what urks me the most is that there is no discussion, the fact I disagreed with him and put forth factual information I get called racist. World sucks right now, everyone wants to be heard but no one wants to listen
don't worry it's the new "normal" from Western be polarized and attack anyone which don't agree with you, because you are not part of they "bubble" or "hivemind", is no more about debate and try to find a "common goal/common denominator, or you are "white or black no more "grey" (i don't means skin color but in some extreme cases in both sides also goes for skin color but you get the idea).

we are going to the "third world war" but a "virtual one".
Old 2020-06-29, 20:53   Link #4
grecefar

didn't you know?, it's 2020... everybody is racist and homophobic, you can't breath without someone going after you and criticize you.
Old 2020-06-30, 14:47   Link #5
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I'm closing this thread because News & Politics really isn't a personal blog. We can't see both sides of the story here to see what was actually said. Let's try to stick to discussing the actual issues themselves.