AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

Old 2022-02-26, 08:23   Link #21
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This was on my "third season never" list. With all the surprising announcement lately, it feels like anything could happen.

Really happy in any case. And yeah, I hope the cast comes back, it just wouldn't be the same.
Old 2022-02-26, 11:01   Link #22
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Let's hope it's not just another 3d OVA. I don't care about Hasekura's issue with 2ch or other authors. I just like his writing. To bad my S&W light novel collection is probably destroyed now
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-26, 14:42   Link #23
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

OH my freakin god
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-26, 17:17   Link #24
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Yeah, totally. Happened quite a while back, but there was an info leak on 2ch where people were able to get the IPs/track the posts of people using the paid account system (probably Ronin).

More specifically, he, along with other authors like the one who did Kamisama no Memochou, are suspected of grouping together to flame the author of Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora (and maybe others too, not going to go back deep into researching this)
Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora is from 2003 - 2006, so did the flaming happen a long time ago? Why on Earth would the author of S&W choose to flame that other author? I can't think of any benefit that S&W's author would get from flaming the author of HnTgNS.

Quote:
Kamisama no Memochou's author issued an apology, but Spice and Wolf's has not even till this day. After the leak, he has stopped posting on his blog and Twitter.
Memochou's author's personal site is already dead, but of course, snapshots of his apology still exist to this day
https://nlab.itmedia.co.jp/nl/articl...7/news088.html
So are people still giving S&W's author flak for that bit of flaming?

Quote:
I just thought the new season was too gay, but I don't think this is an anime-only problem
Was it something wrong with D.Gray-Man's source material?
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-26, 18:49   Link #25
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora is from 2003 - 2006, so did the flaming happen a long time ago? Why on Earth would the author of S&W choose to flame that other author? I can't think of any benefit that S&W's author would get from flaming the author of HnTgNS.
HanTsuki is just one of his works. He was flaming the author, not HanTsuki. Almost 10 years now though, yeah.

So, this actually happened in two steps. Hehe, you motivated me to do a bit more refreshing into this subject.

In the first step around 2011, Hantsuki's author said something that Memochou's and SpiceWolf's authors did not like, so they decided to flame and bully him on 2ch. BTW, Durararara's author was also one of the ones participating in this bullying.
Hantsuki's author told the correct authorities about this plan, and they got into trouble. This happened in private though, and was not found out until the leak.

Then in 2013, the leak occurred and the public learned about what they did, with their own eyes.
Basically, Memochou's author, Spice and Wolf's author, etc... They formed a group to negative-campaign others, praise their own works, so on. And their target was not just Hantsuki's author, but other ones like Akira (日日日) who would not join their group. You know, classic bullying + hurting rivals. That bad shit.

I'm pretty sure you know how there are people on the internet that just haaaaaaaaate opinions not matching their own.
Now, imagine that guy is a rival working in the same industry.
Yeah. There's your motivation.

For more details, run this website through Google Translate or something. It has all the information you want (or don't want) on the incident, as well as anything else bad Spice and Wolf's author did and got dug up
https://w.atwiki.jp/hasekuraisuna/

Quote:
So are people still giving S&W's author flak for that bit of flaming?
Hmm, not really. People have moved on. When he started running away by closing his blog and Twitter, that really poured gasoline on the fire and resulted him getting doxed though.
Would the fire rekindle if he resumed...? Don't know. Don't really think people care that much about this series now, outside of its core fans.
Also, I worded it lightly, but what they did was more egregious, as I explained a bit more in this post.

Of course, the smartest decision would be to just apologize, but... *shrug*
Memochou's author did, and he gets to use Twitter and all of that stuff.

Quote:
Was it something wrong with D.Gray-Man's source material?
Probably. It doesn't help that the only main girl character was sidelined.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-29, 05:28   Link #26
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

New Ookami to Koushinryou (Spice and Wolf) anime

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Announced for 2024. Director and main cast are returning. Passione is the new studio.
Old 2023-06-29, 06:25   Link #27
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere

From the trailer it looks like they’re starting back at the beginning and readapting it. I guess there could be good reasons… Better animation, a more faithful adaptation, and/or dare we hope for a series set up for the long haul of adapting the entire thing?

I’m not repulsed by this new version or anything, but they also haven’t yet shown me why starting over is better than continuing on from where the previous show ended…
Old 2023-06-29, 07:10   Link #28
Dop
Mmmm....

So... is this going to be a complete reboot?
It's been well over a decade since the last season so that might make sense?

Alternatively, as it's been so long since the last they might start with some recap episodes and the trailer might indicate that?

Guess we'll have to wait for further details.

Still going to watch though!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-29, 07:31   Link #29
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

They were doing VR only stuff in between - who knows what their aim was.

Very confused. What was wrong with the first two seasons? Seriously, what? Unless this is going right to the end guaranteed, going right from the start is bewildering.

Mushishi took 9 years away, did its second season and maintained its sales. Loyal fans will return.

It's not like I won't watch it. But...just feels like either an unecessary risk or greed.
Old 2023-06-29, 08:13   Link #30
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

In the name of Holo please finish the damn thing now. The tag lines for the show imply a continuation of their journey and they got Jun Fukuyama and Ami Koshimizu to reprise their roles so it doesn't make sense to start from the beginning.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-29, 08:13   Link #31
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

They have changed some things from the novels in the previous adaptation (like making the antagonist of the first arc a girl) but who knows what is the reason for possible reboot instead of the continuation.
Old 2023-06-29, 10:09   Link #32
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

New Ookami adaptation: I wake

Might be a reboot and thus old content
Not Kuroda Kazuya character design (I think yet different from the previous one too?)
:
I sleep

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2023-06-29, 10:46   Link #33
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Maybe this is why?

Quote:
Hasekura launched the Spice and Wolf novel series with illustrations by Jū Ayakura in 2006. The novels took a break after the 17th volume in 2011, and returned with the 18th volume in 2016. The 24th and latest volume shipped on January 7. Yen Press will publish the 24th novel in North America in August, and is also publishing the manga adaptation
So...it was never actually finished anyway?? Or is LN content beyond 17 just about the adventures of their kids?
Old 2023-06-29, 11:06   Link #34
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Come to think of it, isn't this the author that banded with other authors to slander the author who wrote Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora on 2ch?
Huh, I'm surprised he showed his face again

Old 2023-06-29, 11:50   Link #35
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Ok, so we are going full blown reboot.

I guess it makes sense. The second season did air back in 2009. And even then there was a bit of skipped content. Pretty sure they skipped a whole volume in the second season. That is the only reason I can kind of get doing a full reboot.

But still, it's a bit of a downer. Even if they go at the same pace as the original we're talking years before we actually see new material animated. And are they even prepared to animate the whole franchise? If this ends up a 1 cour reboot that only covers the first couple volumes then it really will feel pointless.

I'll hope for the best. Honestly I did really want this to just be a season 3 so we could pick up from there. But if we're really starting from the beginning then I just hope that this becomes a full adaptation that gives us something new to enjoy eventually.

Oh no, just realized it's the studio behind the disaster storm of Higurashi Gou and Sotsu. Well this project just picked up some huge red flags.

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2023-06-29 at 15:09.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-29, 13:49   Link #36
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Maybe this is why?

So...it was never actually finished anyway?? Or is LN content beyond 17 just about the adventures of their kids?
Yes and no. Volumes 18- (collectively called "Spring log") are just aside-story collections.

There is, however, a separate series called "Parchment and Wolf"
Spoiler:

Quote:
Come to think of it, isn't this the author that banded with other authors to slander the author who wrote Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora on 2ch?
Huh, I'm surprised he showed his face again
Oh, hey, this guy not only likes to complain 95% of time about everything he watches, he also remembers every grudge, even if it is like 12 years old. Good for you. I bet you are one of the guys who frequent 2ch themselves.

Last edited by Nachtwandler; 2023-06-29 at 14:01.
Old 2023-06-29, 16:02   Link #37
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Oh, hey, this guy not only likes to complain 95% of time about everything he watches, he also remembers every grudge, even if it is like 12 years old. Good for you. I bet you are one of the guys who frequent 2ch themselves.
Lol, you clearly remember me and want to harp on me off-topic to the thread, so you shouldn't be the one talking I don't remember you, that's for sure.

Also, no, why would I have a grudge on him slandering a complete stranger? This was part of the biggest data leak on 2ch in its history, including many other big names being discovered. People remember the sinking of the Titanic and that happened over 100 years ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Good for you. I bet you are one of the guys who frequent 2ch themselves.
Too desperate, man. There are plenty of people that frequent the site. That means nothing itself. Get off my ass

Old 2023-06-29, 16:34   Link #38
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Lol, you clearly remember me and want to harp on me off-topic to the thread, so you shouldn't be the one talking I don't remember you, that's for sure.

Also, no, why would I have a grudge on him slandering a complete stranger? This was part of the biggest data leak on 2ch in its history, including many other big names being discovered. People remember the sinking of the Titanic and that happened over 100 years ago

Too desperate, man. There are plenty of people that frequent the site. That means nothing itself. Get off my ass
Oh yeah, it is so mature to come out in a topic about the anime adaptation a lot of people hoped for to be revived and first proclame you won't watch it anyway and when rant about what a dick the LN author is because of one controvercy that happened like 12 o 13 years ago and that he should never show on public because of this now. I won't write anything more, I just don't like people being dicks to much. Let others enjoy the announcment.
Old 2023-06-29, 17:54   Link #39
Frontier

Well, some of the original staff + Kevin Penkin is a good sign, especially knowing that they knew they couldn't beat the chemistry of FukuJun and Ami Koshimizu .

At the same time I wonder how much of this is a remake starting from the beginning with the intention of adapting everything (Brotherhood, Shaman King, Fruits Basket, etc.) or a modern remake for the sake of getting some new eyeballs on the property .
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Oh no, just realized it's the studio behind the disaster storm of Higurashi Gou and Sotsu. Well this project just picked up some huge red flags.
Passione's done some good stuff though. I would say this is different from the usual series people expect from them but then we have naked Holo in the trailer .
Old 2023-06-29, 18:08   Link #40
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I would say this is different from the usual series people expect from them but then we have naked Holo in the trailer .
Members of the Onee-san Alliance must represent.