AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2003-12-13, 15:01   Link #21
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by complich8
(Insert quote from zerox20 here)Until you put the "break 1000 leechers" clause on there, then I mostly agree.
Who actually needs hacked distro? Why does it matter that you have enough distro? I remember when the joke was to put the file on 1 16k/s fserve and watch everyone hit it for fun. Who gives a shit about what the leechers want.... just put the file on BT, get a couple decent seeds, and a couple legit fserves, couple of legal bots... and make the leechers actually do work. Stop patronizing the leechers and you wont need hacked distro.... And if they bitch, BAN! Or is this.........
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-13, 15:21   Link #22
SunG

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab
Who actually needs hacked distro? Why does it matter that you have enough distro? I remember when the joke was to put the file on 1 16k/s fserve and watch everyone hit it for fun. Who gives a shit about what the leechers want.... just put the file on BT, get a couple decent seeds, and a couple legit fserves, couple of legal bots... and make the leechers actually do work. Stop patronizing the leechers and you wont need hacked distro.... And if they bitch, BAN! Or is this.........
yaa ... BT is the way to go even though it doesnt work for some people. You can easily do 5000 downloads a day ... 3.5 files (174 mb ) per minute ... hehe
SunG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-13, 21:07   Link #23
NenMaster

ok, let me break it down (bernie mac saying)

10x 10mbit servers = ownage

300 x 30k servers = crap

why, people want there shit fast, alot of people dont like downloading at 30k a sec, they want fast shit, can a channel with loads of f serves offer that?

no why, most are slow adsl, cable, oh and the people that are lucky to have a 10mbit pipes will be distros most probally, but u dont get many of them.

want to pay for a server, just say 10mbit ded server from a 1/2 decent provider will cost u 4-500 bucks.
100mbit is 4k-4.5k

and i do think most fansub groups will take 10-20mbit servers even though its hacked

they will use it for internal shit, like raw transfers, etc etc, or have it as a xdcc.
NenMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-14, 03:12   Link #24
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by NenMaster
ok, let me break it down (bernie mac saying)

10x 10mbit servers = ownage

300 x 30k servers = crap

why, people want there shit fast, alot of people dont like downloading at 30k a sec, they want fast shit, can a channel with loads of f serves offer that?
It's sad to see the average patience and intelligence level of leecherhood drop off like that. Granted 10mbit servers would be a boon to downloading ease, I don't think getting something like hacked distro is a requirement just so people can get more leechers. I think too much attention is being paid to the downloaders, rather than to the anime itself, and the _actual_ fans of the show.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-14, 11:07   Link #25
Zerox20
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Zerox20
I never once said that because of bots it gets you leechers. If Having bots is how you get leechers thats just sad. Leechers come for the anime, and the bots are an added bonus so they can get it quickly and with ease. Most people really don't get just how much BW groups use, complich8 has broken down his bandwidth he was using while using school systems and he was pulling well over 1 TB in transfers.
Zerox20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-19, 03:05   Link #26
Poemi
Inactive Member

leechers dont give a crap about whos bot is it other than its fast or its a piece of sh!t. all the groups says require FAST bt seeds and crap.. well maybe u should tell your users to stop doing --max_Upload_rate 1 and --max_uploads 1000. personally, i think the seeds should be capped to force the leechers to do some more uploading if they want the file(s) faster. Thats why i dont seed or use BT all that much; the bt lamers made it all sh!tty.

my public ftp/xdcc been up for about a year.. on 100mbits now... 1tb a week of logged uploads is like the minimum amount of bw for me. peak ive seen is around 2tb a week.
so yeah, i dont see other bots doing this.. most of them dont survive and the few other legit connections are private (for the other people w/ anime to trade or what not which also somewhat driving the need for "hacked" bots).

most distro groups also make the requirement for distro access incredible high... 100K min uploads to get in distro? few broadband companies (which the majority are legit) even offer 50K upload. If distro somewhat relaxed, allowed more fserves to get the files earlier, the distro to mass would be a lot smoother imo. If leechers want it faster, too damn bad. the world doesnt revolve around making leechers happy.
Poemi is offline   Reply With Quote