AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2021-10-28, 16:19   Link #61
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Actually Age stopped producing eroge after Avex acquired them, Avex even renamed their company into aNCHOR. And currently all of Age's projects are under Avex, so i think the decision maker on stopping the production of eroge is actually on Avex not Age.
Age still had to sign on the dotted line to approve the acquisition, right? Goes to show what happens when you choose to give up your artistic freedom and integrity for that sweet, sweet cash. And now Age is reduced to kinda-sorta telling stories with 18+ elements offscreen or in a heavily-censored fashion, whereas before they could tell those stories with less censorship, while still allowing gorehounds who are following the story for all its bloody elements to get their fill.

Abandoning your original or core fandom to try and expand to a new fandom comes with costs, after all.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-29, 03:17   Link #62
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Age still had to sign on the dotted line to approve the acquisition, right? Goes to show what happens when you choose to give up your artistic freedom and integrity for that sweet, sweet cash. And now Age is reduced to kinda-sorta telling stories with 18+ elements offscreen or in a heavily-censored fashion, whereas before they could tell those stories with less censorship, while still allowing gorehounds who are following the story for all its bloody elements to get their fill.

Abandoning your original or core fandom to try and expand to a new fandom comes with costs, after all.
I'm not too sure about the back and forth regarding all this because i don't have the time to check, but all i'm aware is that Age created a rights management company called ixtl that is co-owned by Age CEO Takashi Nakanishi, Nippon Cultural Broadcasting, and Good Smile Company. So even if Age didn't sign, if their partners signed, i believe they would still be acquired regardless.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-31, 11:26   Link #63
Mazryonh

Quote:
I'm not too sure about the back and forth regarding all this because i don't have the time to check, but all i'm aware is that Age created a rights management company called ixtl that is co-owned by Age CEO Takashi Nakanishi, Nippon Cultural Broadcasting, and Good Smile Company. So even if Age didn't sign, if their partners signed, i believe they would still be acquired regardless.
To me, it was still not a good turn of events for Age. Now they have to work within Avex's restraints, whereas before they had more artistic freedom. Funny how they now have to work within a double standard where they can show all the blood and gore they want, but have to heavily-censor R18 elements (as was the case in Schwarzesmarken).
Old 2021-10-31, 19:58   Link #64
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
To me, it was still not a good turn of events for Age. Now they have to work within Avex's restraints, whereas before they had more artistic freedom. Funny how they now have to work within a double standard where they can show all the blood and gore they want, but have to heavily-censor R18 elements (as was the case in Schwarzesmarken).
Well it's not like they want it to happen too. Yoshimune got himself into a huge debt just to complete Muv-Luv Alternative. He had to sell his house and car to settle that debt. But he can't just expect his employees to be jobless simply because he wants to keep artistic freedom. So they had to choice but to accept the acquisition.
Old 2021-11-01, 10:26   Link #65
Mazryonh

Quote:
Well it's not like they want it to happen too. Yoshimune got himself into a huge debt just to complete Muv-Luv Alternative. He had to sell his house and car to settle that debt. But he can't just expect his employees to be jobless simply because he wants to keep artistic freedom. So they had to choice but to accept the acquisition.
The troubles that Age went through sounds like an interesting story. Could you tell it to me in more detail via a private message?

Still, I wonder if Yoshimune considers the whole saga a net negative by now, especially given how the MLA anime is butchering his original story.

Was there another alternative, though? Carnelian, the famous eroge artist and one of the founders of Age, put her own eroge development company, ROOT, on extended hiatus once the eroge market started shrinking. Now she's looking to bring back the old titles that ROOT once published to a more receptive audience. I wonder if Yoshimune could have put Age into hiatus and then waited to recoup money by other means before releasing another title.

I know that the eroge market is very much sink-or-swim; unless you've got the next Fate/Stay Night on your hands, it's very difficult to make much money. But MLA was popular and even inspired other famous series like Attack on Titan. Could there have been another way?
Old 2021-11-03, 12:22   Link #66
devilo96

wow today eps...the action part kinda awesome...so we will get time skip and then the coup in next 2 eps?
if they cover the coup in eps 7-8 then the last 4 eps..is for the last...arc from the vn right...man i cant wait to see what part they will butcher again
extra question : did takeru and his team batle with other team in the vn after this one?
i mean i play the vn..but kinda forgot the detail cuz moonrune..but yeah im still remember muvluv TE vn but not ate (cuz ptsd)
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-03, 12:32   Link #67
B214

Holy, how fast were they VA being forced to read in this episode? You can skip the CCSE into 15 seconds, shouldn't this be the time to do the same for Tama's part?
Old 2021-11-03, 16:37   Link #68
Alchemist007
*Author

Nice first half of the episode; not quite into the sparring stuff but I know there's alien foes in the future.

Favorite part was how roughly the father tossed his daughter aside when talking about a grandchild.
Old 2021-11-03, 19:49   Link #69
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

We're five episodes in (almost halfway) and they're still training. Still zero characterization for the girls. Did they just throw the story out of the window?
Old 2021-11-04, 04:00   Link #70
EroKing

Pretty much turned into a comedy. Beta, where you at?

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-20 at 08:04.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-04, 09:15   Link #71
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
We're five episodes in (almost halfway) and they're still training. Still zero characterization for the girls. Did they just throw the story out of the window?
What I found funny was that the whole comedic scene over the pink girl lying to her dad gave us more understanding of the girls than the actual anime so far

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-04, 10:26   Link #72
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Why do you guys complain about no characterization while at the same time complain about training and no Beta
The anime is already as fast as it can. If it adapts properly, then it will be like 20~30 episodes of training with barely any Beta.
Heck, at this point of the VN, you shouldn't even know what a Beta looks like yet
Old 2021-11-04, 20:10   Link #73
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForsaken View Post
Heck, at this point of the VN, you shouldn't even know what a Beta looks like yet
I guess that if you don't know the VN and the only thing you know about Muv Luv are the anime spin off you wouldn't even suspect that the story that started it all is almost entirely set in a training camp with barely any action.

Still at this point I can only conclude that this anime is practically assuming that people already know everything that happened in Unlimited.

Exactly what is someone who is just seeing this episode without any previous knowledge supposed to understand from that 5 seconds sequence showing the HSST reentering and being sniped?

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-04, 20:35   Link #74
B214

The thing is that they're doing a lousy job with their pacing. You already skip the CCSE with the assumption that no one is interested in it. Why not do the same for the HSST? No one know who's the person to snipe it down. So I doubt there would there be any affect on the plot if the HSST got the same treatment as the CCSE? You can just flesh out on the new OS portion instead.
I'm not trying to get a shot by shot adaptation, that's not possible, which is why I can accept that they're skipping stuff. But what is with this half ass skipping or trimming? Just looking at the episode, I was like were they speaking 1.5x faster for some part of the episode? Also is people suppose to know who Sakaki's father is? My friend watch this anime first time and thought he missed out something cause Tama's dad is speaking of him like he's an important person...
Old 2021-11-05, 07:26   Link #75
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

The thing about the HSST is that they could have skipped it entirely and that wouldn't really have changed the plot, since it's basically a side story. But they decided to show it for 5 seconds, without giving any explanation. That's what I find odd, because it isn't really considerate of anime only watchers who can only be puzzled by that.

At least in the case of the CCSE they skipped it, but they explained what was all about, even if briefly.

As for Sasaki's father, there's still a chance that it will be revealed later, just like the whole family situation of Meiya, which was also alluded to by Tama's father.

Last edited by Jan-Poo; 2021-11-05 at 08:10.
Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-05, 12:46   Link #76
devilo96

come on guys...we will get timeskip and then the coup in next 2 eps
man this anime is so fucking awesome because idk which part they will butcher again ,my bet eps 11-12 is the last arc from the vn

eps 7-8 the fucking coup
eps 9-10 (idk )
eps 11-13 vn final arc

finger cross if they really do the last arc for eps 11-13

Last edited by devilo96; 2021-11-05 at 13:59.
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-10, 17:53   Link #77
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was a lot more interesting. Takeru can actually go back to his old world. I'm confused about the timeline though. He said he's spent three years in the BETA world, and I was under the impression his first "run" started at the same point this one did. Guess I was wrong.

No way a teacher would be allowed to dress like Yuuko at school, but it sure would make for more interesting classes.
Old 2021-11-10, 18:39   Link #78
B214

A bit spoiler here since the anime didn't show it in detail, the reason why Takeru couldn't speak through his body first time is because there's a Takeru in his original world. Takeru couldn't intervene cause the other him existence is stronger at that point. Yuuko tweak the machine so that Takeru materialize the 2nd time.
Old 2021-11-10, 19:00   Link #79
Alchemist007
*Author

Time to ponder the morality of potentially transferring all people to the peaceful world, especially in the event that people are left behind after V would take off.
Old 2021-11-10, 19:47   Link #80
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Time to ponder the morality of potentially transferring all people to the peaceful world, especially in the event that people are left behind after V would take off.
Most likely won't happen, you will need to know how the peaceful world is like. The BETAverse people can't possibly know or imagine how that world would be like due to being at war for 30 years. Besides just using it for Takeru alone uses up a lot of resources already. Can't imagine doing it for 1 billion people.