AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2020-01-30, 21:18   Link #21
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^There could be greater plot if only the MC joined the military (which means joining the 1st heroine)

But this asshole always rejected her
Saying he wants slowlife in remote planet or some dumb shit
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-30, 21:55   Link #22
Greenish Growth

I got through 124 chapters. As with his previous story, it later turned into mostly being about him and his harem (a lot of daily activities). The non-harem stuff (regular plot) became secondary. I lost interest over time.

Personally I'd have preferred if both of his stories were more like 60% non-harem stuff and 40% harem stuff (instead of the other way around).
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-30, 22:01   Link #23
becool

this seems to be a problem with many author on syosetu, i mean youd think having a purpose for your mc would be n1 when writing a story(unless you throw him into an already moving plot and only then making him choose sides) but instead author are more concerned with showing off how amazing the skill/powers/equipement(here) they got and how they use it,

had he joined the millitary heroine it might have oppened new roads for the author to explore,or he could have focused on the politics of this universe and made it more complexe, instead the scifi element is just there for no reason it seems, show me different civilisations with different rules and traditions, and make the mc interaction with them either beneficial or harmfull, you could do so much with the setting but the author seems(fromhis other works as well) to want to go lightheared and is fairly mediocre at exploring his settings
becool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-31, 09:19   Link #24
Riz
Djokjakarta~~~

are there any chance that a walking plant or a bipedal rodent will join the crew? cuz i saw this kinda similar if not inspired by a certain movie lol...

“Excuse me, two of this [squeezed raw milk soft cream] please!”

Kazuki spontaneously read the menu frankly without even questioning it.

“Otouto-kun…that item’s name, make me feel so complicated somehow…”

Kaguya-senpai was dealt the final blow from a strange place and received even more shock.

[Sauce]
Riz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-02, 09:05   Link #25
Garn

He did not join the military since:
His ship and its content can be confiscated (remember, relatively more advanced technology and military grade).
He is not a human of that galaxy, his DNA is not the same (arc 2).
Monarchical culture, the nobles can execute their power as they please (better explained in the third arc).
Just in case, the nobles are practically Jedi thanks to access to improvements only accessible by the nobles, the MC almost lost even armed with heavy caliber weapons, rockets and with his combat suit only against a nobleman with a sword (advanced sword, and almost is executed for infringing a duel between nobles, even among enemies is a respected tradition, arc 3).
Garn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-08, 10:38   Link #26
Hamster

How similar is the web novel to the manga? Because I just read the manga's chapter 3 and came across something that doesn't make sense.
Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-08, 11:11   Link #27
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Specify dude
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-22, 17:18   Link #28
VooXoo

Mmmhh, judging from the comments above it seems like it starts to drag after a while, but I'll take this instead of another medieval isekai, possible the light novel or manga will change routes and just use the interesting stuff.
I like the 2nd novel already, doc chara gonna to join the team? Or at least another girl being around.
I would just like the author to stop the cliche of the MC saving girls with a crippling debt and them paying in nature at day1. Yes snu-snu, no prostituition.
VooXoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-22, 22:05   Link #29
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooXoo View Post
Mmmhh, judging from the comments above it seems like it starts to drag after a while, but I'll take this instead of another medieval isekai, possible the light novel or manga will change routes and just use the interesting stuff.
I like the 2nd novel already, doc chara gonna to join the team? Or at least another girl being around.
I would just like the author to stop the cliche of the MC saving girls with a crippling debt and them paying in nature at day1. Yes snu-snu, no prostituition.
Last I recall the WN;

Spoiler for Spoiler:
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-20, 02:41   Link #30
jasper222

Sorry for bringing this up, since I recently just binged the latest content after pausing around the Resort arc, but are the LN and WN virtually the same in content?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooXoo View Post
The current members are (as of 391):

Spoiler for Hiro's crew:
jasper222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-01, 04:44   Link #31
Rasty

I decided to pick this up, so just 4 years after it got recommended I caught up.

I was pretty surprised at how decent it is. Not that there aren't any problems, but most are ignorable.

Btw., are there major differences in the LN? The author seemed to mention that for the newest volume there is large amount of original content that he has to write, so I wonder whether it is just side stories or the story is diverging.

^
Spoiler for answer to spoiler:
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-03, 18:20   Link #32
Rasty

Double posting, because who cares anyway.

I think the best part of this series is, that the MC isn't a self-completing type. He might be a crazy level pilot, but he still needs the dwarves for tearing down the captured ships, Mei is better at direct fighting, Mia can find most information and make plans, etc. In other words, all the other characters have meaning and bring value to the whole party, they are not just a cheerleading squad for the MC who doesn't need anyone else.

This is also a rare show where they don't go by the stupid "even split". Elma gets 6 times Mia's pay in the beginning because Elma is a trained veteran that can pull her weight while Mia is doing whatever she can to not be more burden than a help. This way of payment makes just much, much more sense.
Old 2023-03-04, 11:58   Link #33
Bakaraiser0711

one thing about story i dont like is mc's whining about cola like give it rest how many time you gonna mention need cola i stopped reader it because of it
Bakaraiser0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-04, 15:04   Link #34
Rasty

It's more of a running joke than real feelings. Though since he already found something like non-carbonated cola, I don't get why he doesn't just ask someone to carbonate it (Mei could likely do it).

Though I can understand him. I would be looking for cola too. It's not like I am addicted to it or drink it so frequently, but the feeling that I can't drink it would make me long for it 10 times more.
Old 2023-03-06, 21:35   Link #35
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

I really disliked this novel.
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-01, 11:32   Link #36
zztop

Looks like LN Vols 1-5 have gotten reprints in Japan.
https://kadokawabooks.jp/product/mez...ubitoutyuusen/

I wouldn't be surprised if this were to get an anime someday, although there'd better be at least proper animation and not some barely moving/slideshow nonsense.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-14, 01:38   Link #37
jasper222

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
Btw., are there major differences in the LN? The author seemed to mention that for the newest volume there is large amount of original content that he has to write, so I wonder whether it is just side stories or the story is diverging.
They're not major differences since the outcomes are the same but there are a lot of stuff that's rewritten in the LN that the manga covers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avrorrange View Post
I really disliked this novel.
Spoiler for Spoiler:
I thought it was natural how the events played out. Royals are spoiled, Hiro can't just force his way out of the situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post

I wouldn't be surprised if this were to get an anime someday, although there'd better be at least proper animation and not some barely moving/slideshow nonsense.
Given how most medium-sized isekais have been getting subpar animation, I highly doubt we'll get something decent. Which is a shame because we need more space stuff like this in anime in general.
Old 2023-12-11, 22:32   Link #38
ZombieHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post

Good going for the series.

Actually, season 1 of the anime aired years ago. It's been a while so I don't remember much. I was also quit busy and didn't pay as much attention then.
It was following the manga closely. There were no extra art or so development.
That was a bit disappointing.

Anyhow, this gives hope for season 2 with the Chris arc.
ZombieHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-01, 14:42   Link #39
jasper222

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieHunter View Post
Good going for the series.

Actually, season 1 of the anime aired years ago. It's been a while so I don't remember much. I was also quit busy and didn't pay as much attention then.
It was following the manga closely. There were no extra art or so development.
That was a bit disappointing.

Anyhow, this gives hope for season 2 with the Chris arc.
What are you talking about. Are you from a different timeline, because in mine this series hasn't had an anime yet.
Old 2024-03-01, 20:13   Link #40
Rasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper222 View Post
What are you talking about. Are you from a different timeline, because in mine this series hasn't had an anime yet.
Yeah, unfortunately, my timeline matches with yours.

And the novel is alive again after two a months, so I have at least something to look forward to.

Btw., does anyone of you use some Android app to read Syosetu novels? I used to read using 小説を読もう!オフラインリーダー but it's pretty old and the recent minor change on the webpage (100 chapters per page instead of all chapters on one page) completely broke it. Like sure, I could (and likely should) cook up something myself, but would be better if someone had an app that works without me having to do this.

Tags
colonies, faster than light, harem, mercenary, space fantasy