AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Utawarerumono

Notices

Old 2015-10-30, 02:10   Link #81
Krunk

More questions~

Are the Eight Generals leaders of their own countries/provinces/whatever?

What are their motivations for joining Yamato and serving the emperor?

Since they all seem to have different personalities, how differently do they perceive him?

Thanks!
Krunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-30, 02:37   Link #82
LROlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krunk View Post
More questions~

Are the Eight Generals leaders of their own countries/provinces/whatever?

What are their motivations for joining Yamato and serving the emperor?

Since they all seem to have different personalities, how differently do they perceive him?

Thanks!
1) doesn't seem like so. They are only generals that have been given personally by the emperor, although some have been given that rank through succession.

2) The Emperor is their god, he is the owner of the lands. His word are the law. In other words, they won't question him, he has been their emperor for hundreds of years.
And if any goes against him, he will tell them to die and send the Akuruturuka on them like he did to Gundurua (Yamato became invaded, Emperor told Gundurua to give him his head, and since Gundurua refused, Akuruturuka slaughtered the invading Uzurushha army).

3) They all looked up to him, even some like Atui's father said he swore his loyalty towards the emperor and not Yamato.
Raikou seemed to have some plans for the future, but he didn't do anything special in Itsuwari.
Dekoponpo I think only looked up to the Emperor because he was the emperor. Dekoponpo is very corrupt.
LROlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-04, 09:08   Link #83
Godslayer
人間・失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by LROlsson View Post
Akuruturuka is the group name for people with "fake" Hakuoro masks, that will say Oshutoru, Mikazuchi, Munechika and Vrai.

Vrai is the last boss of Itsuwari, but he isn't the main antagonist.
Spoiler:
Just finished the game, I think Raikou is also suspicious the way he acts when the capital was in chaos. He also held down Mikazuchi from chasing Vurai that leads to Oshtoru's death. But it could be all red herring and he's only an opportunist looking to take more power in the midst of the chaos.
Entoa is also suspicious as hell since she has such a lust for revenge against Oshtoru back then before Honoka picked her up. Who knows if the real villain was using that to drive her to frame Oshtoru.
About Vurai, I bet he is still barely alive even though he falls from the cliff since we didn't see him actually vanished like Oshtoru, or someone else picked up his mask.

I'm still curious about what's the purpose of Kagura and Touka running an inn in Yamato? Was it really for assassinating the Emperor if the war situation calls for it?
Also in the final battle against Vurai, did Kuon also feel the effect from the twins' sealing spell?
Godslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-04, 09:23   Link #84
LROlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer View Post
Just finished the game, I think Raikou is also suspicious the way he acts when the capital was in chaos. He also held down Mikazuchi from chasing Vurai that leads to Oshtoru's death. But it could be all red herring and he's only an opportunist looking to take more power in the midst of the chaos.
Entoa is also suspicious as hell since she has such a lust for revenge against Oshtoru back then before Honoka picked her up. Who knows if the real villain was using that to drive her to frame Oshtoru.
About Vurai, I bet he is still barely alive even though he falls from the cliff since we didn't see him actually vanished like Oshtoru, or someone else picked up his mask.

I'm still curious about what's the purpose of Kagura and Touka running an inn in Yamato? Was it really for assassinating the Emperor if the war situation calls for it?
Also in the final battle against Vurai, did Kuon also feel the effect from the twins' sealing spell?
I could see Raikou do something like this, I only don't think he had the opportunity to perform this. He seems more like he could have waited longer, but starts to act now since someone else is.
Etona feels like a red hearing to me, and I think she was only used. She seemed sincere with her letting go of it all after her talk with Haku in the cavern, but she probably still hates Oshutoru. I should replay the game soon to see if i missed something.
Vrai isn't dead, I can't accept it, people don't die when they fall of a cliff in "Anime". He is also someone that Haku has to defeat in order to fully succeed Oshutoru in my opinion.

I still believe that Touka and Karura was there to spy on the emperor since he looked like a normal person(if they ever saw him), and him living so long and the masks probably raised an eyebrow to them.
And yeah, it seemed like the spell was affecting Kuon, wouldn't be weird since the spell was used to seal her father.
Old 2015-11-04, 10:29   Link #85
Godslayer
人間・失格

Quote:
I still believe that Touka and Karura was there to spy on the emperor since he looked like a normal person(if they ever saw him), and him living so long and the masks probably raised an eyebrow to them.
The secret passage under the inn leading straight to imperial palace was surprising. It would have took years of preparation for the construction to complete and without anyone noticing. I hope they would delve further about why the Tuskuru side took such drastic measures in the next game.

Also, what do you think of Haku not revealing the thing about him taking Oshtoru's identity to the rest of the party especially Kuon? I'm sure they wouldn't rat him out and keep the secret safe. I can't help but expecting Kuon and Haku will face each other in the battlefield because of this hasty decision.
And the twins! I bet they could tell it was Haku under the mask from his smell or something or Haku himself would tell them to stop the twins from killing themselves because their one only master has gone.
Old 2015-11-04, 10:59   Link #86
LROlsson

Quote:
Also, what do you think of Haku not revealing the thing about him taking Oshtoru's identity to the rest of the party especially Kuon? I'm sure they wouldn't rat him out and keep the secret safe. I can't help but expecting Kuon and Haku will face each other in the battlefield because of this hasty decision.
And the twins! I bet they could tell it was Haku under the mask from his smell or something or Haku himself would tell them to stop the twins from killing themselves because their one only master has gone.
While they might not say anything to anyone, it seems like Haku didn't see that it was worth the risk. And it was also probably a way for Haku to not take the easy way out and force himself to give it all he can, no matter how tough it will become for him.
Haku is dead, Oshutoru is alive. That is the truth that Haku wants to create so nobody should ever know the real truth.
And there probably will be some tension between Haku and Kuon, and he will likely fight against her once at least.

And I don't doubt one second that the twins will see through Haku's disguise, but they will probably not blow it and act in the shadows for him.
The ones that Haku will have to be more careful around are Kokopo and other animals, they are far more likely to blow Haku's disguise.
Old 2015-11-06, 10:11   Link #87
LROlsson

While it's from the Anime, it's good to see that Touka still has her long hair, you never see her without the "hat" in the game.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2015-11-07, 00:01   Link #88
Godslayer
人間・失格

Quote:
While it's from the Anime, it's good to see that Touka still has her long hair, you never see her without the "hat" in the game.
Images
Images
And I see based whitefox is adding more bath scenes. I'm liking these changes but I hope the execution wouldn't be as bad as last week episode where Kyuru jumping Atoui with nocked arrow out of nowhere.
Old 2015-11-07, 00:03   Link #89
tsunade666

-_-

is it canon to have too many bath scene?

I'm liking the first game/season more. I find the war better than this.
Old 2015-11-07, 00:23   Link #90
LROlsson

Quote:
And I see based whitefox is adding more bath scenes. I'm liking these changes but I hope the execution wouldn't be as bad as last week episode where Kyuru jumping Atoui with nocked arrow out of nowhere.
I'm starting to believe that there are some rule that says they must have one bath scene every episode... And here I though we wouldn't have any more after episode 4 until Nosuri's scene.
I hope it's worth it for the sales of the Blu-ray, it's borderline irritating for me.

But yeah, that thing with Kiuru was strange, I always thought he had more commonsense than what he showed in the episode, especially since he always complained about stomach ache due to stress.

But otherwise I like the adaptation, it's fun to watch due to being completely different from the game but at the same time the same. It's weird.
And while Kuon was pretty in the game, she is far cuter in the anime.
Old 2015-11-07, 00:33   Link #91
Alf

Well, while I agree that it would be good to have some bigger events at this point, I don't think just another war would work for the sequel. I do wish they don't put too many bath scenes which can put off many people, we haven't seen the episode though. Let's put aside preconceptions and enjoy what we have for now.
Alf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-07, 21:01   Link #92
Krunk

More questions...because I'm really into the backstory of Yamato.

1) On what conditions are generals picked? Is the selection process fixed (i.e. if the father was a general, the child will be too) or does the emperor just pick whoever catches his attention?

2) Do the wielders of the fake masks get longer lifespans?

3) Why does Vrai think that Anju was unworthy? Do any others feel the same way? This kind of succession is normally determined by bloodline, so I am curious.

4) How much more developed is Yamato compared to Tuskuru (in terms of population, technology, education, etc)? It's clearly bigger in terms of territory, but I don't see any noticeable differences otherwise.
Old 2015-11-07, 22:08   Link #93
Alf

Quote:
More questions...because I'm really into the backstory of Yamato.

1) On what conditions are generals picked? Is the selection process fixed (i.e. if the father was a general, the child will be too) or does the emperor just pick whoever catches his attention?

2) Do the wielders of the fake masks get longer lifespans?

3) Why does Vrai think that Anju was unworthy? Do any others feel the same way? This kind of succession is normally determined by bloodline, so I am curious.

4) How much more developed is Yamato compared to Tuskuru (in terms of population, technology, education, etc)? It's clearly bigger in terms of territory, but I don't see any noticeable differences otherwise.
1) Not explicitly mentioned, but it seems normally accounted to their deeds. There's an exception of Dekoponpo, that his father requested the Emperor to give his son the position before dying.

2) Nothing mentioned on this, but considering the cost of getting the power they might have shorter life.

3) He think she is unworthy. There is no explicit evidence on other's opinion, but most of the other generals are just obeying the Emperor himself rather than Yamato. On the other hand, it's been mentioned that there are many people in Yamato willing to swear loyalty to Anju.

4) Well, just consider the scholar system, this is much more advanced than Tuskuru.

Also, it seems their technology level in theory is at least able to explain(by a genius) how hot air ballons work.

And consider the flow of material in that great city, economic has to be considerably advanced compare to Tuskuru.

On population, when Kuon first entered the capital she thought it was in some festival that there are so many people on the street, but actually it's usual in the capital, so you can imagine the difference in population density times the city size to consider the difference.
Old 2015-11-08, 03:22   Link #94
Krunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
3) He think she is unworthy. There is no explicit evidence on other's opinion, but most of the other generals are just obeying the Emperor himself rather than Yamato. On the other hand, it's been mentioned that there are many people in Yamato willing to swear loyalty to Anju.
Welp, the people of Yamato are seriously overly dependent on their emperor.

Spoiler for Emperor:

Seriously, this empire is nothing more than a collection of states united only by their fascination with the ruler.

Is the emperor the only one calling the big shots? Are the generals merely advisors in all of this? Is there no bureaucracy that could at least provide some temporary order?
Old 2015-11-08, 05:23   Link #95
LROlsson

Quote:
Welp, the people of Yamato are seriously overly dependent on their emperor.

Spoiler for Emperor:

Seriously, this empire is nothing more than a collection of states united only by their fascination with the ruler.

Is the emperor the only one calling the big shots? Are the generals merely advisors in all of this? Is there no bureaucracy that could at least provide some temporary order?
I guess that is a big problem when one believes that their leader is a god and don't even entertain the idea of him being gone. And the Emperor didn't seem to like Decoys that much either and saw the mostly as tools, in my opinion.
There is probably things that keep things together, but it won't be Yamato wide rather than each country takes care of it self.
In a way, it was Vrai that split the empire with his actions towards Anju.

After all, the three leaders(more or less) are gone.
Spoiler:
Old 2015-11-08, 09:13   Link #96
Alf

Vosis is the actual prime minister of Yamato, and head of the eight pillar generals. Oshutoru and Mikatsuchi are also major administrative figures and did such a good job that they're being sung by the people. So with Mikatsuchi away and Oshutoru in trouble, there is just Vosis to take care of matters.
Old 2015-11-09, 14:45   Link #97
Krunk

I still don't really get treating the emperor as a god. I mean, he only provided new technology to the people right? I feel like he should've been treated more like Haku is now, though more as a super genius than a slacker.

I could get that people worshipped Witsuarunemitea given its tremendous power, size, and appearance. He literally towers over everything after all.

Also regarding that, are the people of Yamato unaware of Witsuarunemitea? It seems like Yamato has been free of its influence in its entire history.
Old 2015-11-09, 14:54   Link #98
LROlsson

Quote:
I still don't really get treating the emperor as a god. I mean, he only provided new technology to the people right? I feel like he should've been treated more like Haku is now, though more as a super genius than a slacker.

I could get that people worshipped Witsuarunemitea given its tremendous power, size, and appearance. He literally towers over everything after all.

Also regarding that, are the people of Yamato unaware of Witsuarunemitea? It seems like Yamato has been free of its influence in its entire history.
The emperor have lived for hundreds of years, he existed very early in their civilization. He only needed to root in the thought of him being good very early and it would stick in their heads. Look at how they treated the palace, it was made through holy things. They don't question it anymore.
They "know" about Witsu in the same way as the "mecha people" did in the first season(can't recall the name). They don't worship it and see it as a bad god and basically laughs at the notion that the god sleeps in Tusukuru.
Old 2015-11-09, 15:03   Link #99
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

Quote:

He uplifted them and has lived for like more than a thousand years. Seems pretty divine doesn't it? I think they also hinted that he could access the Amaterasu satellite though I don't really remember which would give him massive powers of destruction. He also made and bestowed the people the Akuruka which literally makes people into miniature Witsarnemiteas.

As for Witsarnemitia, they're aware of him and they see him the same way as Kunnekamun (Kuuya's nation) did. As a god of misfortune who threw them out from paradise and destroyed the Onbitayakan. The only countries we know of that worship Witsarnemitea are the countries close to Onkamiyamukai (Which today is just Tuskur), as that is the location of the Ice-man research project and Hakuoro's resting place (Onkamiyamukai means The Land of the Sleeping God.)
Old 2015-11-10, 01:54   Link #100
Krunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usami_Haru View Post
He uplifted them and has lived for like more than a thousand years. Seems pretty divine doesn't it? I think they also hinted that he could access the Amaterasu satellite though I don't really remember which would give him massive powers of destruction. He also made and bestowed the people the Akuruka which literally makes people into miniature Witsarnemiteas.
Hm, I still find it hard to believe that he didn't have any difficulties trying to get them to do what he wanted.

Did they just latch onto him and accept his orders? No one tried to take advantage of his knowledge or anything?

Tags
harem done right, lazy_mc, visualnovel