AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2024-04-29, 10:21   Link #1
Nymene

Unhappy How come most Western-made VNs fail to capture Anime-Style used in most JP VNs?

How come most Western-made VNs fail to capture Anime-Style used in most JP VNs?

Games with diverse casts tend to have more amateur-style anime art or Western style plain art than the Anime Style that Koreans and Chinese artists have successfully copied from JP ones.

Like this VN is made in the West with Black characters but the art style is sooo NOT Anime-like that I immediately closed the webpage when I saw them : https://hummingbird-games.itch.io/hi...ze-junior-year

What I want is a Western made VN with a Black Male MC but with the art style being heavily Anime like with a professional art style nearing Grisaia or Walkure Romanze levels.

Sure, there are a few Western made VNs that capture the Anime style quite well, like Crystaline here : https://store.steampowered.com/app/616250/Crystalline/

Or Maid Cafe here :

But those don't have Black Male MCs.

How hard is it to make a Western-made VN with cutesy art like the 2 above and Walkure Romanze with only the Protagonist looking like Kilik Rung, Onyankopon, or something like this? :

Please, I want a VN with authentic Moe-style art with a Black Male Protagonist so very much, so why can't it be made? Please, please, please, I want a Blonde Anime Girl with a Black Anime Guy so badly, please, Oh Lord!
Nymene is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black protagonist, diversity, representation