Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2019-10-07, 02:47   Link #61
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
They weren't in the recap of previous singularities. But they're far from the only ones that were skipped.
Euriale were in the recap part of ep. 0. And Stheno never played any significant role out there.

Last edited by Nachtwandler; 2019-10-07 at 06:21.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-07, 05:56   Link #62
GDB

Quote:
They weren't in the recap of previous singularities. But they're far from the only ones that were skipped.
Oh, well yeah literally everyone from Okeanos other than Drake was skipped (which is odd), and Stheno's role in Septem was honestly forgettable and pretty shoe-horned, even by Septem's standards.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-07, 11:30   Link #63
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeviouses View Post
When you want to explain but know you must not... Curious can we explain Da Vinci's circumstance instead? at least about her 'gender bender' status.
iirc, da vinci was summoned in his ideal form and that ended up being the mona lisa. something similar happened to raiko, but the original ones are still male. and the less we talk about musashi miyamoto, the better.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-07, 12:19   Link #64
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
iirc, da vinci was summoned in his ideal form and that ended up being the mona lisa. something similar happened to raiko, but the original ones are still male. and the less we talk about musashi miyamoto, the better.
Ohhh...that explains her (his?) looks .
Old 2019-10-07, 12:34   Link #65
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I don't think they were in Babylon at all?

He seems to just like making the MC the opposite gender of the main Servant. Get a story where the MC's Servant is male, and you'll probably get a female MC. No, Apocrypha doesn't count, as Jeanne was basically used as the main Servant.
Possible I don't play the game at all. They were just the last ones teased at the end of the OAV back then.

Quote:
Too bad, I actually looked forward to see them interact with people after the brief scene in Ataraxia

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-07, 18:43   Link #66
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Ohhh...that explains her (his?) looks .
She doesn't look like Mona Lisa at all though
Old 2019-10-07, 20:34   Link #67
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
She doesn't look like Mona Lisa at all though
Anime (Fate) version of Mona Lisa:

Spoiler for ce:

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-07, 22:17   Link #68
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
I think Raikou, being really Ushi Gozen here, is legit female though, unlike DV <__<
Old 2019-10-08, 11:13   Link #69
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Anime (Fate) version of Mona Lisa:

Spoiler for ce:
Well, that's... really different.
Old 2019-10-08, 16:27   Link #70
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
It's actually not that different.
It's an animefied person.

Actual differences I could spot:

- Veil (Actually if you look really closely the Mona lisa had a transparent veil...)
-Shoulder free Dress
- The hair color is black-blue instead of light brown
- Blue instead of red/orange shirt.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-08, 18:16   Link #71
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

You're forgetting the entire background, the eye color, and the big tits with pointy nipples. It's completely different, the only thing that's the same is the pose, and even that I'm not certain about.
Old 2019-10-08, 22:36   Link #72
Applehell

Quote:
Yeah, I can't necessarily argue against that. Aside from Prism Illya it definitely sounds atypical from the themes of past main Fate anime.

Yeah, I figure it helps with pushing a central (and typical) boy/girl dynamic at the core of the series and as a potential central romance.

Not that you couldn't do a romance with a female MC of course, although not unsurprising that they didn't got there with this.
Yeah, I get it but it's fairly disappoint given that we are in a era where we are becoming more open about same sex relationships and the story itself doesn't need the lead to male. It doesn't feel like it would have harmed the series popularity either.

Ah well.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-08, 23:19   Link #73
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
I will really never understand why adaptations with gender neutral protags will always default the male especially when one of the genders is clearly more popular either, but I suppose it's part of whole self-insertion marketing.
Gudako's more popular? I thought it's purely because of her meme status as a gacha addict
Old 2019-10-09, 02:06   Link #74
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Gudako's more popular? I thought it's purely because of her meme status as a gacha addict
At the very least, she's the slightly more popular avatar of players according to the latest survey. She naturally has the edge on doujinshi and fanart too. She's also the chosen protagonist of the best sold official manga adaptation, Shimousa.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-09, 08:08   Link #75
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Gudako and Musashi in Shimosa manga is a match made in heaven.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-09, 13:01   Link #76
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

BTW seeing all those beast mobs getting slaughtered and all I can think of is "tails! tails! moar tails! Pick up them tails!"

And those expressions....Enkidu, you trying to do your best C.C impression? Not that I mind. It's really cute actually
Old 2019-10-09, 16:55   Link #77
alex_drian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
He seems to just like making the MC the opposite gender of the main Servant. Get a story where the MC's Servant is male, and you'll probably get a female MC. No, Apocrypha doesn't count, as Jeanne was basically used as the main Servant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
But wasn't it already animated last season as short series by some Chinese studio?

In this case it sems to be Nasu's personal request.

It is really odd how his views changed as he planned to have a female MC in FSN initially (as seen by Fate/Prototype) and was only covinced to do overvise by Takeuchi (because male MC would have been a better self-insert for expected audience).

But in case of FGO and Extra fem MCs seem to be more popular (or is it only in the West?) and Nasu still insisted on using male ones in the anime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
I will really never understand why adaptations with gender neutral protags will always default the male especially when one of the genders is clearly more popular either, but I suppose it's part of whole self-insertion marketing.
We have to hope and wait for Fate/Requiem to have enough success to get an anime someday.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-09, 17:01   Link #78
alex_drian

Quote:
That is the last stage of the Servant, not the Mona Lisa painting in Fate world, even so this is referencing it.

Quote:
Yeah, I can't necessarily argue against that. Aside from Prism Illya it definitely sounds atypical from the themes of past main Fate anime.
Quote:
I thought it was a pretty banger song, but I really like Unison Square Garden .

I think the real test will be what it's like with the visuals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Am I the only one who hates the opening?
Actually I was a bit tired of the style of FSN and Zero and I liked when they moved to more energic tones like LiSA in Apocrypha, so I like the song but that is all, the real thing is the visuals so I hope the true OP is not shit like Last Encore one.

Last edited by LKK; 2019-10-09 at 20:42. Reason: Posts merged. Don't post multiple times in a row. Use the Edit button instead.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-12, 01:26   Link #79
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
At the very least, she's the slightly more popular avatar of players according to the latest survey. She naturally has the edge on doujinshi and fanart too. She's also the chosen protagonist of the best sold official manga adaptation, Shimousa.
If they ever released official numbers I'm sure the male character will be more played... It's like with Mass Effect, it was all about FemShep when you looked at the most vocal parts of the fanbase.. yet when they released official numbers for ME3 she was only used as an avatar by 18% of players.... I wouldn't be surprised for FGO if a double digit % of players haven't even changed it from the default setting once.....

FWIW I'm Gudako on JP and Gudao on NA....
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-12, 02:35   Link #80
GDB

They do release official numbers though. It's as official as you're going to get considering it's an option that can be changed on the fly.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote