Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2010-01-07, 06:32   Link #1
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
(HELP)Lacie harddisk can't be recognised on any OS after being plugged in Win7

I have a problem, I have an external disc from Lacie. I don't know the model number, the box is at home.
However the thing was functional a minute ago when I was using it on Windows XP, a friend was going to help me burn something on his laptop which has WIndows7.

However when I plugged it in his laptop said that it couldn't be recognized. I plugged it into my other computer with Windows XP and now the PC wont recognise it anymore. The device gets detected but not recognised so it doesn't show up in the list anymore, the software used to load it doesn't do its job.

We tried different computers, different cables but the message is the same.
I need it to function because my finals are on it that I need to hand in today. Can anyone help me out because seriously I don't know what to do right now

edit:

Lacie 250 GB external (Lacie Desktop Hard disk 250GB)
I think it is the drivers but I can't seem to find them online so I can reinstall them

edit 2:
Can anyone recommend me a external disc recovery system that might help resolve this? or that might be able to help me recover some of the data on it?

Last edited by -KarumA-; 2010-01-07 at 09:10.
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 12:25   Link #2
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

If it doesn't show up on Device Manager, it seems that the bridge chip that converts SATA to USB/Firewire/etc has went out. External HDs don't require any type of drivers.

All you need to do in this case is to take out the HD and put it in a new enclosure. If you don't have one, just plug it directly to the computer. This means you get a SATA cable and hook it directly to the motherboard and plug in the SATA power cable and plug it in the HD. You should be able to access your files.
Old 2010-01-07, 17:36   Link #3
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Okay, so I just need to purchase a SATA cable and I'm game. A friend promised to help me put it in (cause when it comes to internal things I get the jibbers)
One question though, if I do put it inside can I keep it there and use it as part of my computer?
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 18:42   Link #4
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
Okay, so I just need to purchase a SATA cable and I'm game. A friend promised to help me put it in (cause when it comes to internal things I get the jibbers)
One question though, if I do put it inside can I keep it there and use it as part of my computer?
Sure, but it's a good idea to find a mount for it if it's a 2.5 inch drive.