AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2023-06-05, 19:48   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 1086 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

My goodness, a sudden big break, just like that?! Well, I can't blame Oda after all the bombs he's been dropping these past few chapters. Anyway, some info is out now, though this doesn't come from Redon, but EtenBoby (another reliable source):

-Chapter title is "Five Elders". Splash is a color page.

-After the throne room incident, Alabasta's officials are searching for Vivi.... but the problem is,so is the World Government. As it turns out, she and Wapol stowed away on one of the royal ships leaving the Reverie, and managed to get in contact with Morgans! They weren't the only ones who thought of stowing away either, as Sabo and Bonney hid in ships, as well! Soon, we cut to the Five Elders (aka Gorousei), who discuss dealing with Sabo before they get a call from Imu. Their master wants them to test out an invention of Vegapunk's, known as the MOTHER FLAME! And the decided target: Lulusia kingdom. It's here that we finally get all of the elders' names. In addition to being named after planets, they each hold the title of a warrior god! We were already introduced to Saturn a while back, who has the title of Warrior God of Scientific Defense. The other elders are:

Quote:
Saint Shepherd Ju Peter (Jupiter), God of Agriculture
Saint Ethanbaron V. Nasujuro (Venus), Warrior God of Finance
Saint Topman Valkyrie (Mercury), Warrior God of Legal Affairs
Saint Marcus Mars, Warrior God of Environment
^And in addition to Lulusia's destruction, Imu gives the Gorousei another order: To capture Vivi...!!!

-Meanwhile, the marines have their hands full quelling the uprisings taking place around the world. However, they now have an ace up their sleeve: The Seraphim! And it just so happens that ones based on Crocodile, Moria, and Doflamingo make their appearance this chapter! Back in the present, Sabo wraps up his story, which ends with him witnessing Lulusia's end out at sea. He says the doomsday attack came from a massive black object floating above the clouds! Upon hearing the tale, Ivankov points out that among the 20 founders of the WG, there was a Saint Imu from the Nerona family, whom he surmises has became immortal through the Ope Ope no Mi (Law's DF). Iva also comes to two conclusions about the object that destroyed Lulusia: Either it was something created by Vegapunk, or it could have been an Ancient Weapon....!!!

-Meanwhile, back at Mariejois, the Celestial Dragon Saint Mjosgard has been sentenced to death! The ones carrying out the execution are the Holy Knights, and their leader is shown.... who's noted as being from the Figarland family (which was previously mentioned in Film Red.... as being connected to Shanks). His full name is Saint Figarland Garling, and he's a strong looking old man with sunglasses and pointy, crescent moon-shaped hair. What's more, it's also revealed that he was the former king of God Valley, the land where Rocks D. Xebec met his downfall....!!!!!

-The reason the manga's going on break is because Oda is having surgery to correct his astigmatism. It's going to take a bit of time to recover, hence the hiatus. Get well soon, Oda!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by marvelB; 2023-06-07 at 17:52.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-05, 20:52   Link #2
Gerard07

A month off? ..., well I suppose that Oda will have her reasons T.T.
As for the Goroises, a bit of information was revealed to them, Mjosgard was sentenced to death (I don't think anyone is saving him right now, right?), Shanks is confirmed to apparently have some (family) connection to the Government World, and the plot went back to Egghead showing the robot children of Moria and Crocodile, but what about the power of the latter?, maybe Vegapunk found a way to replicate the power of fruit lodges?, or will he give you "green blood" from another fruit? (the only one I can think of is Pica).
Waiting for more spoilers.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-05, 21:34   Link #3
marvelB

^While I'm also curious as to how Vegapunk can replicate Croc's power, I'm more concerned about the reveal that one of the good doctor's creations is already capable of erasing an entire nation. Is this an original invention of his? Or is it modeled after one of the Ancient Weapons? Either way, the implications are pretty darn HUGE....
Old 2023-06-06, 02:38   Link #4
Homura7

For those who are asking, Oda will have eye surgery in the coming month. I'm writing this in order to shut down any further discussion.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-06, 09:57   Link #5
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Since Oda works well, I would say he earns a deserved break, and we also got a good breather. Probably the true endgame will begin next month. Shueisha won't mind since Oda did a great job as the last man standing from pre-2000 era (Don't count Hunter x Hunter due to prolonged Hiatus).

Now I understand why Garp calls Celestial Dragons scumbags. For Mjosgard to be executed, does it affect only him or maybe his entire family? But I think Doflamingo would be the most displeased with it.

Though, I look forward to seeing how Oda would describe Figarland Family.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-06, 15:54   Link #6
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It should be noted the captain of the Holy Knights doesn't look like Shanks (as in, not his twin), he's an old man so most likely his father.
Old 2023-06-06, 18:29   Link #7
marvelB

Added a small update to the summary. Looks like Seraphim Doflamingo's been confirmed, as well. Damn, Vegapunk's created some real monsters for the government, hasn't he...?
Old 2023-06-07, 07:55   Link #8
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Added a small update to the summary. Looks like Seraphim Doflamingo's been confirmed, as well. Damn, Vegapunk's created some real monsters for the government, hasn't he...?
All the OG Warlords are accounted for now, right?
I guess Crocololi theories are officially dead...

I don't expect we'll see more Seraphim. A Kaido Seraphim would make a lot of sense given how much he was studied, but I think he'd be too strong. Too dangerous to attempt to create one.
Old 2023-06-07, 18:18   Link #9
marvelB

Summary fully updated! Okay, now I'm MUCH more interested in Figarland (knight commander) now that he's been revealed to be God Valley's former ruler. This also has many more implications in regard to Shanks.... was he also originally from God Valley? Is he indeed the commander's son (or other kind of relative)? Does this make him yet another emperor who's connected to Rocks? So many questions.... and to think Oda drops THIS kind of bomb right before taking a hiatus, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
All the OG Warlords are accounted for now, right?
I guess Crocololi theories are officially dead...

I don't expect we'll see more Seraphim. A Kaido Seraphim would make a lot of sense given how much he was studied, but I think he'd be too strong. Too dangerous to attempt to create one.
Yep, that's all of the original seven, all right. I still wouldn't be so quick to abandon the old Croc gender theories just yet, though. Honestly, that glimpse of him we have here kinda makes him look androgynous enough to still make said theory valid, IMO.

And speaking of emperor Seraphims.... I think I recall you suggesting a while back that Weevil might be a failed/defective clone of Whitebeard a while back, did you not? Shortly after the Stussy reveal? Well, following that train of thought, what if Weevil were the "prototype", and Vegapunk managed to churn out a much more successful copy of WB since then....?
Old 2023-06-07, 18:53   Link #10
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Summary fully updated! Okay, now I'm MUCH more interested in Figarland (knight commander) now that he's been revealed to be God Valley's former ruler. This also has many more implications in regard to Shanks.... was he also originally from God Valley? Is he indeed the commander's son (or other kind of relative)? Does this make him yet another emperor who's connected to Rocks? So many questions.... and to think Oda drops THIS kind of bomb right before taking a hiatus, lol.
The timeline and the reveal Shanks was found in a chest as a baby in Film RED made it very likely Roger picked him up at God Valley. That's also when the Figarland family was first mentioned, the dialogue implied it was Uta who was related to them but the Five Elders might have thought so because they believed she was Shanks' daughter.

Quote:
Yep, that's all of the original seven, all right. I still wouldn't be so quick to abandon the old Croc gender theories just yet, though. Honestly, that glimpse of him we have here kinda makes him look androgynous enough to still make said theory valid, IMO.

And speaking of emperor Seraphims.... I think I recall you suggesting a while back that Weevil might be a failed/defective clone of Whitebeard a while back, did you not? Shortly after the Stussy reveal? Well, following that train of thought, what if Weevil were the "prototype", and Vegapunk managed to churn out a much more successful copy of WB since then....?
He looks pretty masculine to me and seems to be wearing an open shirt, so I think he's a guy. Pretty weird he's got the scar by the way. Did Vegapunk give him that scar on purpose so he would resemble the original more? Did he cut off his hand too?

I don't think I'm the one who suggested it first, but yeah, it's pretty obvious Weevil is a failed clone of Whitebeard. It kind of slipped my mind... I doubt we'll see a Seraphim of him though, for the same reason as Kaido.
Old 2023-06-07, 21:29   Link #11
patnam

i can predict Dragon and RA will go all out to invade WG city Mary Geoise to fight Imu, Gorosei, celestial dragon and holy knights in future chapters...
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-07, 22:14   Link #12
Gerard07

Having seen the chapter, Sabo finished explaining what happened after the "Levely", the names of the old people from Goroise were shown, apparently I was right in the fact that Imu received eternal youth / immortality from a previous user of the Ope-Ope no Mi (XD), it was confirmed that there are robot children of all the original Shichibukai (I wonder if there will be Law, Kurohige, Weevil and Buggy) and they executed Mjosgard... too bad he was a pretty decent guy compared to others. .., good to wait 1 month for the new chapter!.
Old 2023-06-08, 10:32   Link #13
Rainbowman

That was quite the chapter we have. I wish Oda well with his surgery. I can fictionally imagine himself going through it with the help of Law’s Op-Op powers.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-08, 13:53   Link #14
Gerard07

Now I wonder if there will be some robot-boys of characters other than the original Shichibukai, but also other powerful characters like Kaido (as Kanon said above), Whitebeard (if Weevil is his failed clone, then I think it can be assumed that The World Government and Vegapunk had access to his DNA), from Shanks (since he's apparently related to the Figarland family, I don't think it's impossible) or even from Roger (when he turned himself in, they may have obtained his DNA).
Maybe, as I said above, they would be very powerful and dangerous... but for some reason I don't think it's impossible..., plus I think it would be interesting.
Old 2023-06-08, 20:49   Link #15
Ramero

What I wonder about the cover after the rainy day is where are Zoro and Jinbe? I didn't see them both on the splash page.

As for obtaining DNA, I highly doubt it'll happen when it comes to a super big shot (Roger, Shirohige, Shanks). Replicating them means it'll be a very formidable opponent for the Straw Hats to defeat, and it'll need more manpower than the Straw Hats.

Kaido has a history in which Vegapunk is using his DNA to make an artificial Devil Fruit (Which Momonosuke eats it). I doubt that Vegapunk will go to that length since Kaido has a well-reinforced body to withstand the needle.

Perhaps we will see the information about Weevil further whether he's a biological child from birth or created by Vegapunk.
Old 2023-06-12, 00:43   Link #16
P_Dezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnam View Post
i can predict Dragon and RA will go all out to invade WG city Mary Geoise to fight Imu, Gorosei, celestial dragon and holy knights in future chapters...
Yeah I think we'll probably get a first glimpse at Dragon's abilities when he fights one of these holy knights. Dragon either going to join the Egghead incident and help Luffy escape/fight or he's going to another fight with the WG.
P_Dezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-13, 18:08   Link #17
Rainbowman

With these reveals said and done, here are some possible matchups I came up with for the Strawhat Pirates vs. Elder Stars:

Jaygarcia Saturn vs. Robin and Franky
Marcus Mars vs. Nami and Chopper
Topman Warcury vs. Luffy and Jinbe
Ethanbaron V. Nusjuro vs. Zoro and Brook
Shepherd Ju Peter vs. Sanji and Usopp

I’m sure everyone else will come up with matchups different than mine so feel free to post them.
Old 2023-06-13, 18:30   Link #18
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I don't think the Straw-hats have to be the ones to take them all down. Besides, it's kind of obvious the major incident that will happen in Egghead is Saturn getting his ass kicked, and that can only be done by Luffy at the moment.

Saturn vs Luffy and V. Nusjuro vs Zoro are the only match-ups I'm sure of. Sabo and Sanji will probably also take one each, leaving one for Ivankov and other commanders. Dragon + Luffy team-up against Imu, maybe.
Old 2023-06-14, 05:34   Link #19
Ramero

I would think that Aokiji could take part in the fight as well. We haven't encountered Blackbeard, and Aokiji probably doing some Black Ops again to encounter one of Gorosei.

The problem is before fighting Gorosei, Straw Hats, and Revolutionaries must defeat the Admirals. I hope there'll be a bunch of reinforcements to handle the Admirals, while Straw Hats could go straight for Gorosei.

If Saturn was defeated at Egghead and Morgans exposed it, it'll be crucial news for WG, further plummeting their influence.

Luffy's former allies could be returning to assist Straw Hats once more. Smoker can learn a bitter truth about WG and would join the cause.

The thing is, we need to know what would happen to Garp and SWORD at Blackbeard's Turf.
Old 2023-06-14, 20:13   Link #20
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I don't think the Straw-hats have to be the ones to take them all down. Besides, it's kind of obvious the major incident that will happen in Egghead is Saturn getting his ass kicked, and that can only be done by Luffy at the moment.

Saturn vs Luffy and V. Nusjuro vs Zoro are the only match-ups I'm sure of. Sabo and Sanji will probably also take one each, leaving one for Ivankov and other commanders. Dragon + Luffy team-up against Imu, maybe.
Brook who let’s not forget is a sword fighter has to team up with Zoro when fighting V. Nusjuro. Robin, should she encounter Saturn, would most likely try to get her vengeance against him for the incident at Ohara. After all it was his voice she heard when he gave the order to destroy everything there.