AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2023-03-06, 18:54   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 1077 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

We're back! Credit to AP's Redon and co. for info:

-Chapter title is "You should have realized that sooner". In the ministory, both Caesar and Judge realize that their biggest obstacle is Vegapunk.

-Sentoumaru tells Egghead's residents to evacuate the island immediately, as it may soon meet a fate worse than Ohara did! Back to Luffy's group, they're still battling the Seraphims while Shaka searches for the Stella (original) Vegapunk. As the fight goes on, Luffy's team discover that their opponents are receiving no damage whatsoever! That's when Zoro notices that the Seraphims possess abilities similar to that of Kaidou's right-hand man, King. Shaka confirms that they indeed have Lunarian blood. Zoro then reveals their weakness based on his battle with King: When the flames on their back are lit, they're essentially invincible! Thus, they must be attacked when those flames go out. He also points out the physical characteristics King had, making the rest of them yell that he should have noticed those things sooner, heh.

-We then cut to Nami's group, who are being assaulted by S-Shark! Edison gets wounded, while Nami fights back with Zeus.... to no avail, unfortunately. That's when Sanji suddenly appears to protect her! We next cut to Usopp's group vs. S-Snake. Lilith shoots her with her bubble gun, which contains the power of the sea. Franky helps by using the bubble to restrain the Seraphim, but she begins crying out in pain, which distracts the cyborg. She then uses that chance to escape the trap and turn him into stone! And for good measure, she does the same to Usopp and Lilith!

-We then switch focus to Shaka, who's in the "Old Devil Fruit Research Room". After a bit of searching, he locates the secret dungeon containing the Stella and CP agents! He's about to free them when suddenly, a mysterious assailant appears behind Shaka. The mystery enemy shoots him in the head, causing it to explode in a bloody mess....!!!!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by marvelB; 2023-03-08 at 18:31.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-06, 19:47   Link #2
Gerard07

Given the spoilers, Shaka was shot (he was one of the Vegapunks I liked the most), possibly we will soon know the identity of "traitor", to wait for more spoilers.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-07, 18:00   Link #3
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I bet Shaka doesn't actually have a head and the helmet was just decoration.
Old 2023-03-07, 18:23   Link #4
marvelB

Updated with the full summary! So it wasn't just Usopp, but his whole group who get petrified by S-Snake (or at least most of them, since it wasn't confirmed if Pythagoras also became stone,). Good of Zoro to discover the Seraphims' weaknesses, at least.... hopefully, Sanji will get the hint as well since he's up against S-Shark. Still, our crew better watch out.... I'm sure there are still other warlord clones hidden away somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I bet Shaka doesn't actually have a head and the helmet was just decoration.
Apparently, there was blood when his head got shot, so that seems to suggest he's got something under that helmet. Maybe a bottle of ketchup to fool his enemies, then?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-08, 11:05   Link #5
Rainbowman

S-Snake is more trouble than she’s worth in this chapter meaning it’s up to Jinbe to take care of her. Really hope Shaka survived by the next chapter.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-08, 15:38   Link #6
Gerard07

Robot-Kids are really troublesome, what will they be like when they grow up? Wouldn't it be possible to use Bonney's ability to make them grow?.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-08, 19:05   Link #7
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

S-Snake is such a mesugaki.
Old 2023-03-09, 08:26   Link #8
Theia_Loki

I'd be even more worried if one of the Gorosei was already on Egghead and gave the order to the Seraphim under everyone else's noses. But my gut tells me the "Vegapunk" behind the order is someone who's a prototype to the other satellites; he had to have had something to start with before he finalized the other six, especially if none of the ones shown were behind the order.

And if it does turn out that one of the Gorosei came to Egghead without anyone else finding out about it and ordering the Seraphim to eliminate Vegapunk, well nothing like getting directly involved and having both the six vegapunks and possibly all Cipher Pol agents eliminated (Lucci and Kaku included, plus Stucy) to ruthlessly silence anyone in the know of the WG's secrets to thoroughly establish yourselves as serious antagonists.
Theia_Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-09, 23:45   Link #9
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

I feel like Usopp's negativity also affects Stella since I think someone once said that Luffy would get stoned if Usopp is with him.

Then again, if the Straw Hats manage to defeat Gorosei, their bounty would be certain to be doubled.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote