AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2022-04-14, 15:58   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece Film RED

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

OFFICIAL SITE (EN)

Some more info has trickled out recently, so I think that's enough to warrant a new thread! So yeah, the newest OP flick, Film RED, is closely approaching! As the title implies, this one revolves around Shanks of the Yonkou/Four Emperors! Or more specifically, the relationship between him and the newly introduced character, Uta.... who's revealed to be none other than SHANKS' DAUGHTER!!!! She's a world-famous diva, but the trailer seems to imply that she may be an antagonist, if not the main villain. What mysteries surround this newly revealed offspring of an emperor? We should find out this summer, as Film RED releases in Japanese theaters on AUGUST 6TH of this year!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-15, 15:38   Link #2
Rainbowman

Judging from the two toned hair, Uta has half the color of her father which would imply that the other half is that of her mother whoever that is.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-15, 17:03   Link #3
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I bet Uta isn't even Shanks' biological daughter, and that Shanks will have limited involvement in the story (basically only in the flashbacks).
Old 2022-04-15, 18:41   Link #4
marvelB

^I think there's a 50/50 chance that Shanks and Uta are related by blood. I mean, the idea of him having a grown child isn't all that far-fetched considering that A. At least two other emperors have children of their own (three if Weevil is really WB's kid), and B. It's already strongly implied that our carrot-topped friend had a kid with Makino, so who knows how many other little redheads he could have brought to the world during his days sailing the seas?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-21, 14:01   Link #5
Hoodspirit

I hope we get a movie with an entertaining story like Strong World or Gold and not another Stampede which focused more on cameos. Never felt like rewatching it.
Illustration designs look very good so far (except for the usual waist and breasts exaggeration).
My main concern is finding a new cinema which will show the movie. The one I watched the last movie in didn't survive the pandemic.
Hoodspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-22, 11:52   Link #6
Blackbeard D. Kuma

This film will most likely end up being non-canon like all the others that preceded it.
Old 2022-04-23, 22:06   Link #7
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Shank's daughter? I mean, a looooooooooooong time ago, there was the implication that Shanks and Makino had a Thing... but I'm not sure enough in-universe time would've passed for her to be a teenager or older. Of course, if this is non-canon (as most of us expect it to be), then that part doesn't matter.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-25, 12:39   Link #8
Hoodspirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Shank's daughter? I mean, a looooooooooooong time ago, there was the implication that Shanks and Makino had a Thing... but I'm not sure enough in-universe time would've passed for her to be a teenager or older. Of course, if this is non-canon (as most of us expect it to be), then that part doesn't matter.
Makino is 31 years old right now.
Shanks gave the strawhat to Luffy 12 years ago, so Makino was 19 at that time.
Uta is definitely older than 12 though as she was seen to be about 7-8ish years old with Shanks still having the strawhat. That age estimate is based on her height, she was half a Shanks tall in that scene.
So Makino was like 11-12ish years old when Uta was born.
Shanks is 8 years older than Makino, making him like 17-18 at the time of the impregnation.
Old 2022-04-26, 15:44   Link #9
Rainbowman

I would like to point out that there is 0% chance that Makino would be Uta’s biological mother. Otherwise Uta would have green hair instead of pink/white/lavender to go with the red hair she shares with her biological father. It’s all in the genetics.
Old 2022-04-26, 17:56   Link #10
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Chances that Shanks is actually her biological father are also extremely low.
Old 2022-04-26, 22:18   Link #11
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Chances that Shanks is actually her biological father are also extremely low.
All the more reason that I hope Oda (who is most likely overseeing this film) should explain Uta’s existence in the One Piece universe.
Old 2022-06-09, 15:55   Link #12
Hoodspirit

So in the latest info it was revealed that Luffy and Uta met each other as kids.

Even for a non-canon story, that is kinda..
Old 2022-06-09, 20:08   Link #13
Jmariofan7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodspirit View Post
So in the latest info it was revealed that Luffy and Uta met each other as kids.

Even for a non-canon story, that is kinda..
So? Luffy also knew that Ace was Roger’s son since childhood.
Jmariofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-23, 13:02   Link #14
Hoodspirit

Be careful out there, there seem to be partial spoilers for the movie in the internet.
Old 2022-08-14, 16:30   Link #15
Gerard07

Seen the spoilers of the movie on YouTuve;
Spoiler:
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-14, 16:33   Link #16
LG-MAX 2.o

The film has already grossed over 5 billion yen in less than 10 days. It is already the biggest success of the series in this media.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-14, 17:46   Link #17
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The only interesting thing that came out of this movie is

Spoiler for Red spoilers:
Old 2022-08-31, 08:31   Link #18
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
I'm surprised there's very little talk about this movie anywhere... but all things considered, If you've seen any of the other One Piece movies, it's really just another one- nothing super-special, though some gorgeous movie-budget animation and action scenes along the way. Also, it helps to be a fan of Ado for this movie. In fact, I suspect that Oda IS a fan of Ado (can anyone actually confirm this?) and this was how he decided to fit her into One Piece.

Now, as much as I liked Uta, you do have to consider she's at best a pseudo-canon character. Not to mention, she's supposed to have this major backstory connection with Shanks and Luffy... and of course, there's been zero mention of her for over 20 years (for obvious reasons). So, how do you handle this kind of character in a manga that's already overflowing (and especially after the recent Yamato decision) with characters?

Spoiler for General overview:

Also, Major Disclaimer: My Japanese is still improving and I missed and/or misunderstood the details, so take the nitty-gritty stuff with a major grain of salt. But, let's get slightly more detailed:

Spoiler for Film RED:

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-03, 04:33   Link #19
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The only interesting thing that came out of this movie is

Spoiler for Red spoilers:
Spoiler for Shanks Bounty:
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-16, 15:08   Link #20
Hoodspirit

Went to watch the movie in a local cinema today, the movie exceeded my expectations easily. Among the top 2 of my One Piece movies. I went in without knowing any spoilers, except that there would be a few songs.

The CGI and animation quality went up a lot from Stampede, there are still a few scenes where CGI is bad, but it is not during the main event of the movie, more among the background stuff.
Despite so many characters, most got enough screentime to feel like a good addition, though of course the characterisation for Straw Hats suffered from that. There is only so much one can show within 2hrs.
Still pretty well rounded story.
The songs were versatile and pretty fitting for every occasion.

A lot of first time showing in the movie, might not have been planned to show all that there.
As for Shanks appearance, it was enough to not be disappointed.

Only thing that might bother people could be
Spoiler for BIG Spoiler for the end:

Can recommend this movie to One Piece fans and those who like anime in general.