AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series > F/SN UBW TV Spoiler Threads (for Franchise Veterans)

Notices

View Poll Results: F/SN UBW TV - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 22 44.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 26.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 30.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-11-29, 00:02   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

F/SN UBW TV - Episode 8 Spoiler Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the spoiler discussion thread for F/SN UBW TV, Episode 8.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • All spoilers are allowed in this thread; spoiler tags are not required
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-29, 13:13   Link #2
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Amazing episode, I'm reading UBW as well and I've past the stuff that happens in this episode yesterday and thought it was brilliantly adapted.

Rider's death was creepy, disgusting and awesome at the same time.
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-29, 13:29   Link #3
GDB

Great episode. I can't help but feel like Shirou saying he's used to dead bodies was moved though. I thought that didn't happen until Einzbern Castle?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-29, 13:41   Link #4
The Green One

Well Shinji went down like a third string chump, good thing that's the last we'll see of him right?
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-29, 13:43   Link #5
ShadowSamurai365

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Great episode. I can't help but feel like Shirou saying he's used to dead bodies was moved though. I thought that didn't happen until Einzbern Castle?
It actually happens at that part of the VN, but I believe that it was at a different part of the school (I believe the scene about the "used to dead bodies" was stated before Shirou and Rin enter the forest to meet Archer). I can try and find the video clip about it if you want.
ShadowSamurai365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-29, 13:44   Link #6
Gaulek

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Well Shinji went down like a third string chump, good thing that's the last we'll see of him right?
The spoiler thread is dangerous for you.

Good episode. Shirou is becoming stronger and make good decisions.
Poor Rider
Gaulek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-29, 13:50   Link #7
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowSamurai365 View Post
It actually happens at that part of the VN, but I believe that it was at a different part of the school (I believe the scene about the "used to dead bodies" was stated before Shirou and Rin enter the forest to meet Archer). I can try and find the video clip about it if you want.
I'll take your word for it since it's been almost five years since I played the game.
Old 2014-11-29, 13:51   Link #8
The Green One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaulek View Post
The spoiler thread is dangerous for you.

Good episode. Shirou is becoming stronger and make good decisions.
Poor Rider
It was a joke, I've finished all three routes. Trust me, I wouldn't be in here if I didn't know what happens.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-29, 14:19   Link #9
Side-streetdog

While it's good episode as alway but there's something in this episode that I didn't like

Spoiler for Episode Spoiler:
Old 2014-11-29, 14:36   Link #10
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

A++ episode. I'm not sure what else to say.

Anyone else here love to see Shinji squirm?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-29, 15:22   Link #11
Death Usagi
Banned

R.I.P. Rider... Q___Q See you in HF Adaption...
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-29, 16:34   Link #12
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Haha, Saber's tsuntsun, because Shirou picked Archer's style over her's, was truly adorable. Rin waiting for Shirou to eat their lunch was cute too.

This episode was great!!!
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-29, 17:09   Link #13
Kimiko Khan
reality has no meaning

I don't get why they added caster attacking saber with a mock up of rider. If i recall correctly it was just a shadow clone of herself that saber destroyed. I understand they wanted to add some stuff for rider and shinji and the little bit they added in the chemistry room was fine as it fit contextually. But the rider clone makes little sense.
Old 2014-11-29, 17:23   Link #14
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimiko Khan View Post
I don't get why they added caster attacking saber with a mock up of rider. If i recall correctly it was just a shadow clone of herself that saber destroyed. I understand they wanted to add some stuff for rider and shinji and the little bit they added in the chemistry room was fine as it fit contextually. But the rider clone makes little sense.
Because, on TV, it is more fun to see than Saber just coming and slashing Caster. Also, Caster is kind of person who would troll someone like that :P
Old 2014-11-29, 17:31   Link #15
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimiko Khan View Post
It was weirder to me that Saber could tell who Rider was (class-wise). Though I suppose at that point she's seen every other Servant, so it was a process of elimination, but still.

In fact, that may be the exact reason they did it. So Saber will have seen all the Servants of the war.
Old 2014-11-29, 17:39   Link #16
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
It was weirder to me that Saber could tell who Rider was (class-wise). Though I suppose at that point she's seen every other Servant, so it was a process of elimination, but still.

In fact, that may be the exact reason they did it. So Saber will have seen all the Servants of the war.
I don't think she had seen Caster at that point. She never went totally up the stairs.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-29, 17:49   Link #17
Tenzen12

Considering I didn't know I have suffer through fate route before getting play UBW and HF I dropped game when I found I am stuck in it and thus I might be wrong about what I am going to say (well, it will be bashed as heresy anyway)

It looks to me that DEEN adaptation might be more faithful to source than Ufo in some aspects.

Rin - from game it looked to me she tried scare Shiro out, while in Ufo she goes pretty much for kill. Even in this episode she admited she just wanted hime take whole deal more seriously and dead person can't do that...

Saber - Always felt distant, strict and actively trying denny anything that resemble own personality (Fate Zero actualy was mostly build around these trait as well). Here she is warm and caring from get to go.

Well, first was great spectacle and later actualy make saber likeable, so I don't have problem with either. There are some other details either, but overaly I do think Deen made better adaptation, while Ufo best both Deen and original game by infinite.
Old 2014-11-29, 17:55   Link #18
MCAL

And to think it wasn't until the second cour that a Servant got killed in Fate/Zero...

I thought the scene in the beginning (With Shirou imagining his body becoming a bunch of swords) was a little awkwardly done, but other then that great episode.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-29, 18:00   Link #19
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
I don't think she had seen Caster at that point. She never went totally up the stairs.
That's true, though I guess she could still use elimination to assume the Servant with chained spikes = not Caster. Still an oddly random scene.
Old 2014-11-29, 19:01   Link #20
Random14

Yeah, that was a bit abrupt. I know Caster has magic, but disguising as another Servant, even for just a few seconds, seems a bit much. Someone could do that in the Fourthh War I think, but that was a Noble Phantasm.

Poor Rider, well, that's one servant down. Loved the part where Rin "invited" Shirou to lunch, that was cute. I think the VN noted how much of a fuss it caused, the school idol dragging Shirou off, but still fun to see.

Liked that they've started focus on Shirou's... issues, that look in his eyes when they're surrounded by dying students. Rin and Shirou's teamwork is doing pretty well too, its nice to see two decent Masters, what with Rin using a Command Spell to protect Shirou, then Shirou using his to summon Saber.

I forget, in the VN, did Saber start training Shirou earlier? Since its only been a day since Archer tried to kill him. Its a pretty good adaptation, but a few odd things here and there.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote