AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Escape (Volumes 24 - 25) Rating
Perfect 10 4 44.44%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 3 33.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 1 11.11%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 11.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2018-03-11, 23:23   Link #61
amtro
Distro

Minoru supposedly got possessed by Zhou.
Old 2018-03-12, 01:11   Link #62
mashingan
魔神眼

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
ESCAPES is no different than Dione, both projects have the same drawbacks (Tatsuya mentioned it last volume and in this volume again).

All it is going to do is turn magicians into batteries on top of being soldiers. Why on top, because both project are going to result in political imbalance which means more wars and conflicts...so more magicians being used as soldiers in the end.

His entire plan should be a total failure but the author is going to make it work by making everyone total and utter idiots, as usual.
Yeah, it's premature to announce ESCAPES, but Tatsuya had no other choice except announcing it to counter Dione project.
Whether it yields failure or success, the result is small matter to Tatsuya, as long he didn't give much trouble to Miyuki and didn't have to leave her side, it's Tatsuya's win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by techroses View Post
Is it even possible? Why tatsuya didn't notice and counter igor's magic?
He was attacked during rainy day, not he didn't notice, but even tho he noticed it, he couldn't do anything against Chain Casting mechanism in Tuman Bomba, much less without any gear (haven't read the spoiler so maybe in his current state he could do something but let's wait for more legitimate spoiler/volume in coming days)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
The magic was stopped by a barrier she had set up around the property, but she instantly passed out and went into critical danger of magic calculation area overheating.
Do you have any info about Tatsuya, or rather, Miyuki's resolute retaliation against such attack?
Knowing Miyuki, maybe she's in rage and look for a way kill the perpetrator?
(EDIT: read the spoiler review from discord, (amazon review), current volume ended after Tuman bomba ended, thankfully the span for next volume only 1 month )

Last edited by mashingan; 2018-03-12 at 04:28.
mashingan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-12, 06:24   Link #63
techroses

What about Tatsuya and Raymond Clark? Like tatsuya want to erase him. Their conversation seems fairly tense.
techroses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-12, 11:03   Link #64
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroman Jr. View Post
Yeah, but I don't see why it's necessary for some of the important characters to have to go immediately blaming and picking fights with Tatsuya instead of just having a proper discussion. Same for Minoru, why couldn't he just have a proper discussion with Tatsuya? I think that would be the more logical choice since Yuuka's family is specialized/experienced in dealing with MCA overload.
These people aren't acting out of characters, they are under social pressure and it doesn't help that Tatsuya and Miyuki are acting like selfish pricks over it. They are refusing to have a proper discussions with people, that's why it end in conflict.

Minoru doesn't have anything to do with Tatsuya in this volume, it ends with the attack and Minami collapsing. He has his own plot with Zhou.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-12, 12:06   Link #65
Heroman Jr.

Tatsuya is already trying to change the status quo with his reveal of his ESCAPES Project. The project is meant to help give magicians an alternative to their careers and show that magic is useful for industries other than those connected to the military. Compared to Dione which is a long term project, ESCAPES tries to bring immediate benefit by focusing efforts on earth rather than space development.
The reason I'm confused is that, basing on the illustrations and spoilers, Tatsuya formally announces ESCAPES and yet here comes Tomitsuka still insisting that Tatsuya goes to USNA regardless. I know that the Dione affair was further complicated because Tatsuya was keeping silent and being uncooperative because he realized the true intention of said project but the announcement of ESCAPES should have, at the very least, lessened some of the complaints/dissatisfaction of the community while providing for a good reason to justify not participating in Dione. I really just want to know what was going on in Tomitsuka's mind aside from anger at his mother's situation that would give him the motivation to confront Tatsuya, a member of the 10 master clans and part the most feared magician family in japan. And to think this is the same guy who lost a duel because he supposedly got distracted by the sexy.
The problem I have with Minoru is (based on the Volume 25 preview) why didn't he first contact Yuuka through Tatsuya since her family handles MCA overheating or the makers of the Sakura series.
Sorry for the long post, I'll probably get my answers once there's a detailed summary.
Heroman Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-12, 12:08   Link #66
bakato

Quote:
Tatsuya is already trying to change the status quo with his reveal of his ESCAPES Project. The project is meant to help give magicians an alternative to their careers and show that magic is useful for industries other than those connected to the military. Compared to Dione which is a long term project, ESCAPES tries to bring immediate benefit by focusing efforts on earth rather than space development.
The reason I'm confused is that, basing on the illustrations and spoilers, Tatsuya formally announces ESCAPES and yet here comes Tomitsuka still insisting that Tatsuya goes to USNA regardless. I know that the Dione affair was further complicated because Tatsuya was keeping silent and being uncooperative because he realized the true intention of said project but the announcement of ESCAPES should have, at the very least, lessened some of the complaints/dissatisfaction of the community while providing for a good reason to justify not participating in Dione. I really just want to know what was going on in Tomitsuka's mind aside from anger at his mother's situation that would give him the motivation to confront Tatsuya, a member of the 10 master clans and part the most feared magician family in japan. And to think this is the same guy who lost a duel because he supposedly got distracted by the sexy.
The problem I have with Minoru is (based on the Volume 25 preview) why didn't he first contact Yuuka through Tatsuya since her family handles MCA overheating or the makers of the Sakura series.
Sorry for the long post, I'll probably get my answers once there's a detailed summary.
From what I understood of mtl, even after Tatsuya announced ESCAPES, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs kept hounding Tomitsuka's mother, resulting in her collapse from stress. He's not thinking big picture.

The volume ended with Minami collapsing.
Old 2018-03-12, 12:34   Link #67
Heroman Jr.

It's somewhat ironic that Tomitsuka doesn't realize that picking a fight with a member of the Yotsuba will cause even more stress for his mom.
Old 2018-03-12, 12:59   Link #68
azarhal

Quote:
ESCAPES was not accepted by everyone and Tatsuya even mention to Aoba that it will cause conflicts and wars.

More conflicts and wars means more magicians needed for the army because ESCAPES doesn't stop them from being weapons. It just add batteries to what they can do (for people wondering why I call it battery, it's because magicians have to refresh the spells on the solar furnace which means they lose psions like batteries lose charge when powering something).

Tomiskuta didn't start a fight with Tatsuya, he made a deal with Miyuki/Minami that if he beat Minami in combat Miyuki would allow him to talk to Tatsuya.

We have no idea why Minoru enter in conflict with Tatsuya in vol 25, but he seems to have merged with Zhou (who is like a parasite now) in this volume (looks like it happened before this volume) so I wouldn't blame him for it.

edit:
The other people attacking Tatsuya this volume (outside Igor) are anti-magician activists when he present ESCAPES.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-12, 13:50   Link #69
Heroman Jr.

Thanks a lot for the additional info Azarhal. I'm so happy that Tomitsuka didn't act out like Chiaki, it would've lowered my opinion of him.
Old 2018-03-12, 16:33   Link #70
techroses

I think Igor's magic will lead to war. He hit another country's city without reason.
What about ten master clan? I am curious about Juumonji' s report about Tatsuya's decision and their duel.
techroses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-12, 20:20   Link #71
mashingan
魔神眼

Quote:
I think Igor's magic will lead to war. He hit another country's city without reason.
What about ten master clan? I am curious about Juumonji' s report about Tatsuya's decision and their duel.
They're already in war, also they would deny the attack no matter "obvious" the proof, much less there's no proof (remember Sado invasion)

Anyway, here's what I read so far
Spoiler for Maya-Hayama conversation:
mashingan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-12, 20:26   Link #72
bakato

Quote:
It was a small-scale explosion. No way to prove it was Tuman Bomba.
Old 2018-03-12, 21:16   Link #73
amtro
Distro

She's in very bad condition. Miyuki screamed when she saw her collapsed.
Old 2018-03-13, 00:32   Link #74
Blakegriffin89

I have a feeling that Minami will be in a coma or something like that, which will leave her situation up in the air for most of Vol.25. Minoru will probably do something that he shouldn't while she's in the coma and after he does whatever it is she will end up waking or something like that. It just seems like she's going to be used as a plot device to trigger Minoru into acting rashly.
Blakegriffin89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-16, 14:19   Link #75
zezegui222
A simple man

The Irregular at Magic High School Light Novels Head Toward 'Climax'
zezegui222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-18, 07:30   Link #76
sasabit

Im sure minami will be fine lol. im pretty sure not even a single person from the main cast has died so far
sasabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-18, 15:01   Link #77
Reaver102

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasabit View Post
Im sure minami will be fine lol. im pretty sure not even a single person from the main cast has died so far
That's possible but I think the fear is legitimate due to the death flags present in her introduction in vol 8 or 9. That said considering two people so far have come back from MCA overload, Masaki's father and Tsukasa, Minami has a decent shot.
Reaver102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-19, 22:43   Link #78
Xftg123

I'm guessing 2 or so more volumes until the series ends. Then again, it might get a sequel series, like how "Index" has "New Testament"...
Xftg123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-28, 12:23   Link #79
NeutralZero

So will they go for the irregular at magic university if they plan to have a sequel similar to index nt?
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-28, 21:55   Link #80
maton456full

Well , allready pre-ordered my copy of volume 25 , I will try to put the illustrations here the fast as I can.
maton456full is offline   Reply With Quote