AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - The Southern Sea Riot (Volume 20) Rating
Perfect 10 0 0%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 0 0%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 0 0%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-09-13, 18:28   Link #81
fujin of shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirachier View Post
is that a new magic for tatsuya ? i don't remember him ever using it earlier.
Newly made spell
fujin of shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-13, 20:53   Link #82
Aika Natsume

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujin of shadows View Post
Newly made spell
I thought Miyuki did it? She did it to avert the attention from Tatsuya.

Was it mentioned it was Tatsuya's?? Anyway, if its really Tatsuya's, thats like an MI magic effect but since its not MI as they said, i guess, its another unique spell to him.
Miyuki is really becoming a Yotsuba and im loving it!

And why is Chen alive??? I thought Miyuki killed him with cocytus?? Did i miss something???

Last edited by Aika Natsume; 2016-09-13 at 21:47.
Aika Natsume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-13, 22:25   Link #83
fujin of shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aika Natsume View Post
I thought Miyuki did it? She did it to avert the attention from Tatsuya.

Was it mentioned it was Tatsuya's?? Anyway, if its really Tatsuya's, thats like an MI magic effect but since its not MI as they said, i guess, its another unique spell to him.
Miyuki is really becoming a Yotsuba and im loving it!

And why is Chen alive??? I thought Miyuki killed him with cocytus?? Did i miss something???
Miyuki just froze him for interrogation during volume 7.
Old 2016-09-14, 02:31   Link #84
fujin of shadows

From Korean translator (Credit to JHH121090)

Kazama addresses tats as yotsuba tatsuya since chen is there.
tatsuya sees a pic. of Jazz and wonders if she's actually a girl
Kanon, hattori, azusa, sayak, kirihara, AND Sawaki see Jazz about to be kidnapped
they repel them.
then jazz meets up with her "father"
the crew thinks somethings off.. because they dont go to the police.. and sawaki mentions the 4 "kidnappers" spoke chinese
Old 2016-09-14, 04:48   Link #85
mashingan
魔神眼

Arggh, I just knew recently that new volume has out

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujin of shadows View Post
From Korean translator (Credit to JHH121090)

Spoiler:
Correction/addition:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparteh View Post
I have a question to those who read raws. How difficult it is in terms of Japanese? I mean it is full of those concepts and names
It's not really hard, it sure hard but for casual reading it's considered easy. And there are many furigana. I grateful for those when I don't know the exact meaning, so instead of counting the kanji stroke, it really helped me looking for the translation.

Last edited by mashingan; 2016-09-14 at 04:56. Reason: to make in one post
mashingan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-14, 23:32   Link #86
amtro
Distro

That man made island is a seabed mining facility and Toudo Aoba requested its protection. There is a high possibility that Toudo Aoba already knows about Tatsuya's ESCAPES project.
Also Toudo Aoba is basically Japanese George Soros. He is the ultimate shadow ruler of Japan. He has absolute economic and political power and his family is also one of the founders of the Fourth institute. Or rather the founder of what the fourth institute was called before it came under military control. He also helped the Yotsuba regain control of the 4th lab and this is pure conjecture, but he may have had a hand in Retsu's downfall, his ban from politics and the Kudou family's waning power over time. He had a direct hand in exposing and purging the Kudou family from the TMC however, as he was the one who requested the parasidoll project to be shut down.

Last edited by amtro; 2016-09-15 at 02:05.
amtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-15, 11:04   Link #87
sparhawk1610
Asura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotaro kunn View Post
No, nothing is confirmed, Tatsuya still only has sibling love for Miyuki. He even lets Masaki has a date with Miyuki and doesn't feel any jealous at all.
Wasn´t that last chapter of Masaki diary or how it was just a fiction?
sparhawk1610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-15, 15:27   Link #88
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
So Chen and Lu are back, but as allies. Sounds like hell is starting to break loose next volume.
No one is permanent enemy in the game of thrones.
It's just who is more useful.

Only normal people believe in that .
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-15, 18:43   Link #89
Kotaro kunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparhawk1610 View Post
Wasn´t that last chapter of Masaki diary or how it was just a fiction?
It's real, simply focussed on Masaki instead of MC.
Kotaro kunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-16, 06:10   Link #90
Aika Natsume

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
No one is permanent enemy in the game of thrones.
It's just who is more useful.

Only normal people believe in that .
Could be a Yotsuba effect in them.. p
They dont want to experience another annihiliation when they go against Tats and Miyuki which is probably why they became allies.
Old 2016-09-16, 06:36   Link #91
sparhawk1610
Asura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotaro kunn View Post
It's real, simply focussed on Masaki instead of MC.
I see. But still I think that Masaki is useless and don´t have a bit of chance haha.
sparhawk1610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-16, 07:43   Link #92
Gundamx

Quote:
Could be a Yotsuba effect in them.. p
They dont want to experience another annihiliation when they go against Tats and Miyuki which is probably why they became allies.
They already said they will target them first if they become enemy.
Enemy = people who is way of your best interest.

It's annoying to the point you don't know who is their ally and enemy.
(Just look at USA, Turkey, Kurd and IS)
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-16, 13:56   Link #93
patcan3609

Masaki's ardent struggle is useless though. Miyuki aint gonna change her mind.
patcan3609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-18, 23:27   Link #94
mashingan
魔神眼

Done reading this volume. To be honest, it's quite boring, volume 19 still better than this (except the part of Masaki's diary). Well, it was still nice reading though.

The most interesting part was in epilogue, it's the conversation between William McRoad and someone from USNA (Chief Intelligence Officer) about Jasmine William which they're purposely made Jasmine be captured as Jasmine unconsciously became one node of network intelligence.

And the more interesting is, how come Toudou Aoba knows that Jasmine is an "ear" when he met Maya.
Don't tell me Toudou Aoba is one of operator too?

For the disturbance, I assume Japan would be targeted by many countries because their magic technologies somehow upset the current power balance.

Chen and Lu somehow disappoint couldn't see Kazama's skill but they saw Yanagi's skill. Lu Gongfu even admitted that Yanagi would be a tough opponent for him.

About GateKeeper, I didn't read it carefully, it's like short circuiting the magic wiring for Magic Calculation Area, the point to access it is by accessing the unconscious, but since the "gate" between and conscious and unconscious is closed, the opponents have no way to access MCA, in other words, they wouldn't be able to invoke any magic.
The question is, is Tatsuya's skill that really advance that he is able to disrupt mind and soul? Unless he has (learned) some Taoist skill, that skill is exclusive in traditional magic (not to mention it maybe a deep art too).
Old 2016-09-19, 09:23   Link #95
amtro
Distro

Tell us everything there is to know about Honoka and Azusa. We've barely heard anything so far.
Old 2016-09-19, 13:14   Link #96
Diocar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashingan View Post
Done reading this volume. To be honest, it's quite boring, volume 19 still better than this (except the part of Masaki's diary). Well, it was still nice reading though.

The most interesting part was in epilogue, it's the conversation between William McRoad and someone from USNA (Chief Intelligence Officer) about Jasmine William which they're purposely made Jasmine be captured as Jasmine unconsciously became one node of network intelligence.

And the more interesting is, how come Toudou Aoba knows that Jasmine is an "ear" when he met Maya.
Don't tell me Toudou Aoba is one of operator too?

For the disturbance, I assume Japan would be targeted by many countries because their magic technologies somehow upset the current power balance.

Chen and Lu somehow disappoint couldn't see Kazama's skill but they saw Yanagi's skill. Lu Gongfu even admitted that Yanagi would be a tough opponent for him.

About GateKeeper, I didn't read it carefully, it's like short circuiting the magic wiring for Magic Calculation Area, the point to access it is by accessing the unconscious, but since the "gate" between and conscious and unconscious is closed, the opponents have no way to access MCA, in other words, they wouldn't be able to invoke any magic.
The question is, is Tatsuya's skill that really advance that he is able to disrupt mind and soul? Unless he has (learned) some Taoist skill, that skill is exclusive in traditional magic (not to mention it maybe a deep art too).
Tats uses traditional magic mixed in his non sistematic magic so that it can affect the soul of the target. Besides he is suposed to know a lot about traditional magic so it isn t strange for him to use traditional magic to create a new magic that affects the soul (if i had to bet it has to be a non sistematic magic, otherwise gatekeeper should be a mental interference magic which i don t know if tats can do).

Any way, Tats has so many anti magic abilities that this new magic seems to not be needed.

AH! did tats create the magic or is it a yotsuba magic?

Last edited by Diocar; 2016-09-19 at 13:38.
Diocar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-24, 22:20   Link #97
Aika Natsume

Can someone please tell me what happened when Shizuku invited miyuki and tats to the island at okinawa sponsored by her family?? Knowing they are Yotsuba, did it cause some kind of fear during the party?? Did they meet Shizuku's mother?

Thanks.
Old 2016-09-25, 08:27   Link #98
machigo

Quote:
Can someone please tell me what happened when Shizuku invited miyuki and tats to the island at okinawa sponsored by her family?? Knowing they are Yotsuba, did it cause some kind of fear during the party?? Did they meet Shizuku's mother?

Thanks.

I read in some spoiler (I forgot where) that Miyuki actually rejected the offer because Miyuki and Tatsuya had 'family responsibility' to attend in Okinawa (5 years anniversary of Okinawa invasion) as representative of the people that had been involved in the event and had to go back to Tokyo as soon as it ended, but they ( Miyuki, Tatsuya, Shizuku, and Honoka) may actually met there.
machigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-27, 05:38   Link #99
mashingan
魔神眼

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
Tell us everything there is to know about Honoka and Azusa. We've barely heard anything so far.
There aren't many noticeable scenes for those two.
The only noticeable scene for Azusa is when she used her MI to create an opening to help Kanon. Kanon was taken hostage by Jasmine and Jasmine threatened to kill Kanon if Isori didn't destroy the system that withheld the island float.

For Honoka, she became more daring during the island vicinity tours. It's because the advice that given to her from Eimi and Subaru.

Only those 2 scenes I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diocar View Post
Tats uses traditional magic mixed in his non sistematic magic so that it can affect the soul of the target. Besides he is suposed to know a lot about traditional magic so it isn t strange for him to use traditional magic to create a new magic that affects the soul (if i had to bet it has to be a non sistematic magic, otherwise gatekeeper should be a mental interference magic which i don t know if tats can do).

Any way, Tats has so many anti magic abilities that this new magic seems to not be needed.

AH! did tats create the magic or is it a yotsuba magic?
Even though Tatsuya has friends which experts in traditional magics, he himself by no means is an expert.
His expertise is non systematic magic, in other words, magic that manipulate psion directly, and it's after parasites incident that Tatsuya made an effort to work with pushion too.

Maya said this magic is (kinda) the ultimate anti magic and after that Tatsuya said that he will try to make the magic systemically usable by people other than him.

Miyuki did say "secret Yotsuba magic" but it actually "Tatsuya's magic". She said that because there's Chen behind her and to make people (mainly spies) intent diverted to Yotsuba instead of Tatsuya

Quote:

Thanks.
There's no accident with considered negative when Miyuki, Tatsuya, and Minami attending the party. Of course many people just mesmerized by Miyuki's beauty and just whispering between them like "Ah, so that's the Yotsuba princess" etc

Yeah, they met Shizuku's mother, Shizuku's mother sarcastically said to Tatsuya "After a while, you've became a fine man" (Fine man meant "from no one" to "Maya's son", and she was annoyed because she was deceived by that fact)
Old 2016-09-30, 00:54   Link #100
Aika Natsume

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashingan View Post
There aren't many noticeable scenes for those two.
The only noticeable scene for Azusa is when she used her MI to create an opening to help Kanon. Kanon was taken hostage by Jasmine and Jasmine threatened to kill Kanon if Isori didn't destroy the system that withheld the island float.

For Honoka, she became more daring during the island vicinity tours. It's because the advice that given to her from Eimi and Subaru.

Only those 2 scenes I think.

Even though Tatsuya has friends which experts in traditional magics, he himself by no means is an expert.
His expertise is non systematic magic, in other words, magic that manipulate psion directly, and it's after parasites incident that Tatsuya made an effort to work with pushion too.

Maya said this magic is (kinda) the ultimate anti magic and after that Tatsuya said that he will try to make the magic systemically usable by people other than him.

Miyuki did say "secret Yotsuba magic" but it actually "Tatsuya's magic". She said that because there's Chen behind her and to make people (mainly spies) intent diverted to Yotsuba instead of Tatsuya

There's no accident with considered negative when Miyuki, Tatsuya, and Minami attending the party. Of course many people just mesmerized by Miyuki's beauty and just whispering between them like "Ah, so that's the Yotsuba princess" etc

Yeah, they met Shizuku's mother, Shizuku's mother sarcastically said to Tatsuya "After a while, you've became a fine man" (Fine man meant "from no one" to "Maya's son", and she was annoyed because she was deceived by that fact)
Btw why is Chen becoming their ally? Did he become one because they are now Yotsuba?

Miyuki using Yotsuba name do divert attention from Tatsuya is really.. wow.
Tatsuya's new magic... can it also affect Miyuki's cocytus or any other MI magic if used on them?

I thought they didnt attend the party, they just met there bec Miyuki and Tats has a mission there, anyways I wanted to see Shizuku mother reation. Lol

Tags
#shipperstragedy