AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-05-03, 08:02   Link #41
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
The reason I had set it up that way, incidentally, was because I was expecting that we would create a new thread after each volume is released so that the one thread doesn't blossom into a monstrosity. I still recommend that be done, though the purpose of the thread is the same.
Oh, sorry for my request then?

Honestly as a user, whenever I checked for a predictions thread, I would completely gloss over the "Theories/speculations for events after Volume 12 thread" because it said "Volume 12" and I didn't even read the whole thread title, or realize it was a predictions thread for a long while.

Since so much speculation and predictions were in the Volume 13 thread instead, I thought changing the name so it grabbed attention for prediction discussion was a solution.

Not sure how to rectify this. Sorry!

I think monitoring and locking the thread when it gets too large might be the compromise.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-03, 09:06   Link #42
LKK

My thinking is that the predictions thread would remain open for all discussion about what may happen beyond whatever the "current" volume is. In this case, since v13 has been released and spoilers are appearing, current at the moment is v13 and the prediction thread is dedicated to thoughts about v14+.

The v13 discussion thread is to be used to discuss what actually happens in v13, meaning first the spoilers and eventually the English version.

When the actual v14 release date nears, I anticipate we'll make a v14 specific thread to discuss the hints, spoilers, and eventually the English version. Meanwhile the predictions thread will then naturally shift to speculations about v15+.

In other words, "beyond the current" is a moving target always one step ahead of the most recent volume. Each volume will get its own thread when it's close to release time.

Edit: Another way to think of the relationship between "Beyond the Current", Volume 13, and the someday in the future Volume 14, etc threads, is to think of how an anime forum works. We have episode threads and usually at least one speculation thread. Beyond the Current is the novel series equivalent of the anime's speculation thread. Volume 13 Discussion and the someday in the future Volume 14, etc, are like episode discussion threads. I chose the title "Beyond the Current" to highlight the thread's speculative nature. But I'm not tied to the title. I'm only tied to the idea that there needs to be a separate thread for speculation which is what relentlessflame set up at the forum's creation.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-04, 15:25   Link #43
real123

Where is the romance thread
real123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-05, 08:25   Link #44
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by real123 View Post
Where is the romance thread
Nowhere. The moderator team learned long ago that romance threads are landmines just waiting to be stepped on. Meaning, they tend to lead to shipping wars and can get quite explosive.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2014-05-14, 22:07   Link #45
millie10468

I've been wondering if character threads are a good idea or if they'll degenerate into shipping threads? I would love to be able to talk about character traits specific to certain characters like Tatsuya's Machiavellian-like characteristics.

But it might hit an iceberg...
millie10468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-15, 08:35   Link #46
LKK

Could you specify which characters you would like to have threads for? (Please, don't say "all of them." Mahouka has a huge boatload of characters. They're not all going to get threads )

Old 2014-05-15, 11:45   Link #47
millie10468

I think Tatsuya, Miyuki, Mayumi, and Erika would be the basics. Mikihiko, Suzuko, Mizuki and Honoka could be placed under an umbrella "Other Characters." Or some variant of that

Last edited by millie10468; 2014-05-16 at 03:55.
Old 2014-05-15, 16:17   Link #48
LKK

Character threads for the suggested characters have been created. Please read the first post for instructions concerning spoilers.

Old 2014-05-15, 22:11   Link #49
millie10468

Thumbs up

Thanks LKK You rock

Old 2014-05-17, 18:43   Link #50
zerozeronine

Request for a Honoka (best girl) character thread.thanks
zerozeronine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-18, 07:08   Link #51
LKK

Honoka thread created.

Old 2014-05-18, 07:29   Link #52
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Request please for Shizuku or Azusa character tread if its ok
Old 2014-05-18, 07:52   Link #53
Ultragunner

Should we have a thread about something like: "Writing style" or "What would you have changed/added to the original story (to make it even better)?"
Old 2014-05-18, 07:54   Link #54
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
Request please for Shizuku or Azusa character tread if its ok
I'm not sure we know enough about Shizuku or Azusa (especially Azusa) for them to warrant their own threads at the moment. For now, use the Other Characters thread for them. If conversations about them are very active, then we'll break them out into their own threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
Should we have a thread about something like: "Writing style" or "What would you have changed/added to the original story (to make it even better)?"
Could you explain a little more what you want the thread to be about?

Last edited by LKK; 2014-05-18 at 08:01. Reason: added response to Ultragunner
Old 2014-06-08, 14:22   Link #55
zerozeronine

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Nowhere. The moderator team learned long ago that romance threads are landmines just waiting to be stepped on. Meaning, they tend to lead to shipping wars and can get quite explosive.
Hope you reconsider a romance thread as the other threads got some shipping in it,as long as we promise to be civil in our discussions?And shipping wars are fun,as long as no one gets rude or do personal attacks
zerozeronine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-16, 23:39   Link #56
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Request for a LN general discussion thread for those newbies in the Mahouka universe or still reading through the LNs.
Old 2014-06-17, 09:23   Link #57
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero-2 View Post
Request for a LN general discussion thread for those newbies in the Mahouka universe or still reading through the LNs.
That's the whole point of the old volume threads.
Rava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-17, 09:39   Link #58
LKK

Zero-2, a general LN discussion thread for newcomers is not going to be made because it would circumvent one of the purposes behind creating this forum. Let me explain. We created this forum for several reasons. One of them was the belief that the anime would bring in new readers.

Now imagine this scenario. You're a new reader. Let's say that you've read up through the 9 Schools Competition arc. You want to read about and discuss what you've read so far. You don't care if you learn about events, changes, whatnots from books you haven't read. You can visit anywhere in this forum. It's no big deal.

But let's suppose this scenario. You're a new reader. Let's say that you're read up through the 9 Schools Competition arc. You want to read about and discuss what you've read so far. However you DON'T want to hear about events, changes, whatnots from books you haven't read. Where do you go to avoid those future spoilers? A general discussion thread? Trust me, general discussion threads are a hot bed for spoilers. You wouldn't be safe there. The safest place to go is the thread dedicated to the 9 Schools Competition arc. Discussions about books later than the arc aren't allowed there. It's the LN equivalent of an anime episode thread in an anime forum. Spoiler aren't allowed.

So why not have both, you ask? A general discussion thread for those who don't care about spoilers and an arc specific thread for those who do? One, redundancy isn't encouraged here. Two, redundancy is confusing and very open to mistakes happening both by people who post and people who read.

For those reasons and others, we're staying away from general all-purpose discussions.

Old 2014-06-29, 15:18   Link #59
whydo

Request for a thread just for Vol 13 spoliers. No discussion just spoilers. It's a chore going through 100+ pages looking for spoilers.
whydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-29, 20:22   Link #60
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
^ you do know there is a search function right?