AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-04-05, 20:17   Link #61
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasen View Post
Not to sound (too) snarky, but very few characters in anime/manga actually look Japanese. Eyes too big, hair of varying colors, and pale skinned.
Well a lot of Japanese people are pale-skinned. A lot of them also have big eyes, and some do actually have brown hair, and occasionally--especially in the north--red.

But with Ichijou, I think I'll just presume he has some Caucasian blood in him. Mages did do a lot of gene swapping in the past century.
Lucarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 20:36   Link #62
Galacticichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Yea and Im afraid next episode would be Tatsuya vs Hattori.
I definitely see this happening and I don't know how I'd feel about it. Just gotta wait and see.

From the LN I did not expect Ono-sensei to look like that. She's just so different from what I imagined

Completely irrelevant, but can anyone tell me why Erika's uniform is different? I don't remember any reason being stated.
Galacticichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 20:49   Link #63
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galacticichi View Post
Completely irrelevant, but can anyone tell me why Erika's uniform is different? I don't remember any reason being stated.
Just personal preference....it just gonna get in your way when swinging a sword but Sayaka have one of those things; so im not sure. Looks like were gonna see a new OP when vol. 6 and 7 go out.(I wanna see ponytail).

Btw i think 3rd episode will be explanation how Tatsuya won and his date with Erika. Which i think 3 episode for vol.1 is a good adaption.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 21:09   Link #64
Chirst

After watching it , I can say that the picture and OP song are beautiful
Chirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 21:13   Link #65
Wandering Soul

Quote:
I definitely see this happening and I don't know how I'd feel about it. Just gotta wait and see.

From the LN I did not expect Ono-sensei to look like that. She's just so different from what I imagined

Yeah if anyone's character design took me by surprise it was Ono sensei's. Pretty sure next ep is gonna end with the Hattori fight.
Old 2014-04-05, 21:13   Link #66
anonfr

Quote:
Just personal preference....it just gonna get in your way when swinging a sword but Sayaka have one of those things; so im not sure. Looks like were gonna see a new OP when vol. 6 and 7 go out.(I wanna see ponytail).

Btw i think 3rd episode will be explanation how Tatsuya won and his date with Erika. Which i think 3 episode for vol.1 is a good adaption.
Well, 3rd episode might be the fight, plus the explanation (Since the fight is actually really short.) Then Tatsuya being admitted to the moral committee and checking out CAD's. Then maybe, just maybe Erika date. But before the date there's other small scene's, like Morisaki showing up and being all like "What? 2 CADs you must be as dumb as I am a d-bag because everyone hates me" and all that.

Small scenes like that can still cut into the precious 20 minutes an episode that we have.

I still want to talk about Phallanx though. It just looked like an epic force push.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 21:23   Link #67
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
Well, 3rd episode might be the fight, plus the explanation (Since the fight is actually really short.) Then Tatsuya being admitted to the moral committee and checking out CAD's. Then maybe, just maybe Erika date. But before the date there's other small scene's, like Morisaki showing up and being all like "What? 2 CADs you must be as dumb as I am a d-bag because everyone hates me" and all that.

Small scenes like that can still cut into the precious 20 minutes an episode that we have.
This whole episode was 24 minutes. By the way, did anyone else notice how people pronounced C-A-D?

Last edited by BW95; 2014-04-05 at 21:43.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 21:31   Link #68
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
This whole episode was 24 minutes. By the way, did anyone else notice how people pronounced cad C-A-D?
I took away minutes for the prologue and opening sequence. If they end up not doing any "Previously on" openings then I'll add 2 minutes back. You nitpicky bastard.

Yeah, CAD was always meant to be pronounced that way. I thought it was in one of the notes, or actually explained in one of the chapters. I know I read it before somewhere.
Old 2014-04-05, 21:37   Link #69
TaintedDream
Translator

Well, Casting Assisting Device. C.A.D. So normally it would be pronounced C-A-D unless otherwise stated.
TaintedDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 21:46   Link #70
Lazy cat

Quote:
This whole episode was 24 minutes. By the way, did anyone else notice how people pronounced C-A-D?
it will probably have an ending song has well so only 21 minutes will be actualy used for the episode
Lazy cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 21:52   Link #71
Rava

Just watched through.

Yakumo was PERFECT.

Morisaki looks much more like a bully in the anime though...
Rava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 21:52   Link #72
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy cat View Post
it will probably have an ending song has well so only 21 minutes will be actualy used for the episode
Oh yeah. That too. Hopefully there's no little "As previously seen on" scene's. Though there might be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rava View Post
Just watched through.

Yakumo was PERFECT.

Doesn't he? Madhouse makes their feelings on him clear.
Old 2014-04-05, 21:53   Link #73
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Just watched through.

Yakumo was PERFECT.

He looked a lot crazier in Yuutousei. As for Yakumo, I was pleasantly surprised. I imagined his voice a little edgier, I guess?
Old 2014-04-05, 21:54   Link #74
anonfr

Quote:
He looked a lot crazier in Yuutousei. As for Yakumo, I was pleasantly surprised. I imagined his voice a little edgier, I guess?
Me too actually. I imagined him sounding slightly more scary, not straight up mischievous. I like it.
Old 2014-04-05, 21:58   Link #75
Flere821
Lurker

Yakumo appeared a lot more perverted than I expected from the LN scenes - he used words, sure, but IIRC he had enough class to not wriggle his hands like that
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 22:00   Link #76
Rava

Whenever I read Yakumo's dialogue, I always got the impression of "pervert troll" from him, so... ^_^
Rava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 22:03   Link #77
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Yakumo appeared a lot more perverted than I expected from the LN scenes - he used words, sure, but IIRC he had enough class to not wriggle his hands like that
Really? I think he was making gestures in the manga. In any case, it's surprising that the author hasn't played on his moe fetish in later novels. If I'm not wrong, this is the first and and only time we've seen him like that so far.
Old 2014-04-05, 22:04   Link #78
Galacticichi

Quote:
so im not sure. Looks like were gonna see a new OP when vol. 6 and 7 go out.(I wanna see ponytail).

Idk why but I feel like they will suddenly have Erika in a ponytail and not show her hair growing. That'd be ridiculous, right ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post

I still want to talk about Phallanx though. It just looked like an epic force push.
I'm going to take every line Morisaki says and parody it

I forgot Phalanx could be used like that lol. Totally the force but I always imagined it to be this half-transparent wall in front of him and I'm sure we'll see it during the Nine Schools arc. On that note, what scenes may be omitted during that arc?
Galacticichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 22:11   Link #79
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Whenever I read Yakumo's dialogue, I always got the impression of "pervert troll" from him, so... ^_^
IMO, he was more troll than pervert, and most of all 'ninja Ninjutsu master' given all the infodump/knowledge he had the protagonists didn't. Apart from this scene in the 1st ep, there's only a later scene (see spoiler tag below) that had Yakumo as some kind of pervert. Compared to the various case solving and combat assistance (again, see spoiler below) he did, he did very little time in the role of a pervert.
Spoiler for Vol9-11:
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 22:11   Link #80
anonfr

Quote:
Idk why but I feel like they will suddenly have Erika in a ponytail and not show her hair growing. That'd be ridiculous, right ?

I'm going to take every line Morisaki says and parody it

I forgot Phalanx could be used like that lol. Totally the force but I always imagined it to be this half-transparent wall in front of him and I'm sure we'll see it during the Nine Schools arc. On that note, what scenes may be omitted during that arc?
I'm not even gonna speculate what's gonna be omitted from the 9SC arc. But yeah, Phallanx didn't look how I expected it. But it being an epic force push is pretty cool.