4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.92%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.92%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-05-31, 16:09   Link #41
GDB

They said he's ranked #4 in the family. That's pretty damned high. He may look like a butler, but he appears to be important.
Old 2014-05-31, 16:11   Link #42
AntonKutovoi

My reaction on all that gushing over Tatsuya:

No, seriously, what is wrong with all characters in this series? EVERY one of the characters is obsessed with Tatsuya in one way or another. Is he bloody Jesus or something?
Old 2014-05-31, 16:12   Link #43
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
They said he's ranked #4 in the family. That's pretty damned high. He may look like a butler, but he appears to be important.
LN translated it as he's only the fourth butler. Mistranslation then?

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Old 2014-05-31, 16:14   Link #44
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
It was also revealed that Tatsuya is only half of Taurus Silver since he only programs the software and doesn't do the hardware side of it. Interesting lack of commentary on that too.
Good point, but I guess it's easier to just focus on the superficial aspects like the usual Tatsuya praise-heap instead of keeping an eye for these details.

Anyway, Mayumi looked fantastic in that dress. I do think the producers should cut a bit of the Tatsuya praise and give those side-characters a little bit more focus. But oh well, haven't read the LNs to that point yet, so I don't know how much is possible in that regard.
Old 2014-05-31, 16:16   Link #45
guestuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonKutovoi View Post

No, seriously, what is wrong with all characters in this series? EVERY one of the characters is obsessed with Tatsuya in one way or another. Is he bloody Jesus or something?
man the first arc really over did it with how they shown the other character and how they interact with tatsuya
Old 2014-05-31, 16:18   Link #46
zerozeronine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
LN translated it as he's only the fourth butler. Mistranslation then?
He is also something like the financial manager for the family.Butlers I presume has a high importance/authority in the family.

Quote:

90% of his family have no respect for him though.
Old 2014-05-31, 16:20   Link #47
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerozeronine View Post
He is also something like the financial manager for the family.Butlers I presume has a high importance/authority in the family.
hah I know that, but this is nearly crossing the future events line that we can't cross. I did it once without realizing and I got banned. so let's stay away from that.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Old 2014-05-31, 16:23   Link #48
zerozeronine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
hah I know that, but this is nearly crossing the future events line that we can't cross. I did it once without realizing and I got banned. so let's stay away from that.
But I believe it was just cut from this ep that he is the financial manager,so it doesn't count as a future event?
Old 2014-05-31, 16:25   Link #49
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
But I believe it was just cut from this ep that he is the financial manager,so it doesn't count as a future event?
I'll have to go double check.
Anyways Aoki's is a big fing douche, no matter how high he is.

Old 2014-05-31, 16:26   Link #50
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Well, I'm kind of starting to blend out those scenes that are over the top. But it has to be mentioned, that gushing over by Shizuku looked clearly like a ploy to rip Miyuki out of her depression. And it is indeed the best means in regards to her.
Old 2014-05-31, 16:27   Link #51
Mentar
Banned

The main reason why I'm unhappy with the anime conversion is the unskilled heavy-handedness of the script. Certain things (Tatsuya praise/worship, Miyuki broconism) which are already very obvious and most definitely don't need any further emphasis are being played up in a particularly big way. At the same time, many small details to flesh out the various characters properly are sacrificed for it - that's a bad tradeoff. *sigh* ... I wish they would sack the one responsible and pick the scriptwriter of Hataraku Maou-sama. Things cound definitely be handled much better.

SigUp: Indeed, there were several small but important tidbits to pick up.

o Miyuki/Tatsuya are Yotsuba (a "Names" Master clan) and visiting school incognito
o Tatsuya has been experimented on by his own mother
o Aoki reduced Tatsuya's position to "Miyuki Ojousama's bodyguard", who has been tagged as heir/successor to the clan
Old 2014-05-31, 16:28   Link #52
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
It was also revealed that Tatsuya is only half of Taurus Silver since he only programs the software and doesn't do the hardware side of it. Interesting lack of commentary on that too.
... Do tell what's so interesting about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guestuser View Post
that person holds the 4th highest authority in the yotsuba so he has his pride in it and he cant be easily replace but the father well u can just kill him and nobody will care
Fourth... among the servants who aren't part of the family. (A category which, yes, supposedly includes Tatsuya but not, say, Miyuki.)

And yes, I'm sure he has long years of faithful service... but there are probably a handful of other servants who could step into his shoes should he drop dead right now, and most people would barely notice. And every year, Japan's universities produces thousands or more of graduates who could potentially be employed by the Yotsuba and, in time, be trained to do his job.

How many Tatsuya-caliber geniuses do you think run around, and how easy would it be for the Yotsuba to locate them and secure their loyalty?
Old 2014-05-31, 16:30   Link #53
zerozeronine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
... Do tell what's so interesting about that.
That he is only half of Taurus Silver?With almost every non LN reader bashing Tatsuya of being such a genius engineer and that he was doing all of it by himself?
Old 2014-05-31, 16:33   Link #54
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
The main reason why I'm unhappy with the anime conversion is the unskilled heavy-handedness of the script. Certain things (Tatsuya praise/worship, Miyuki broconism) which are already very obvious and most definitely don't need any further emphasis are being played up in a particularly big way. At the same time, many small details to flesh out the various characters properly are sacrificed for it - that's a bad tradeoff. *sigh* ... I wish they would sack the one responsible and pick the scriptwriter of Hataraku Maou-sama. Things cound definitely be handled much better.
Fully agree on that count, as I said I'm starting to blend out the over the top Tatsuya praise and rather focus on the couple of side character scenes that do appear. I liked Mayumi's playfulness and her getting miffed at Tatsuya's reaction in the bus. That follow-up with Hanzou was also pretty funny. And Shizuku's pretty witty with her quick reaction to get Miyuki out of her depression. That V-sign at the end was awesome.
Also interesting was the showing of Mikihiko's abilities.

As for Hataraku Maou-sama, execution definitely much better, however if I remember correctly it adapted like two volumes in 12 episodes with does give more room in fleshing out other things.

Quote:
o Miyuki/Tatsuya are Yotsuba (a "Names" Master clan) and visiting school incognito
o Tatsuya has been experimented on by his own mother
o Aoki reduced Tatsuya's position to "Miyuki Ojousama's bodyguard", who has been tagged as heir/successor to the clan
1 and 3 have been broached in earlier episodes, but also have been buried under discussions about Tatsuya's overpoweredness or the political debates regarding the school system. Together with 2 that has been kind of slightly foreshadowed in another episode it starts to shape up their relationship with their extended family.
Old 2014-05-31, 16:40   Link #55
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
That he is only half of Taurus Silver?With almost every non LN reader bashing Tatsuya of being such a genius engineer and that he was doing all of it by himself?
I don't see how it exonerates him of that criticism at all. It wouldn't even if Taurus and Silver were equal partners, which isn't the case.

Tatsuya is still a super-genius who repeatedly revolutionize magic - in his spare time, and as a teenager. Whether you like it or not, and having a supposed partner doesn't change that.
Old 2014-05-31, 16:43   Link #56
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
I don't see how it exonerates him of that criticism at all. It wouldn't even if Taurus and Silver were equal partners, which isn't the case.
Which makes me ask the question since when LN lead characters have to be exonerated from criticism to be capable in the first place

Is this something we have to go through in the next 15 episode, too?
Old 2014-05-31, 16:49   Link #57
zerozeronine

Quote:

Tatsuya is still a super-genius who repeatedly revolutionize magic - in his spare time, and as a teenager. Whether you like it or not, and having a supposed partner doesn't change that.
And if Tatsuya was an idiot MC he will be criticized for being an idiot MC but strangely enough girls fall for him.They are equal partners,Tatsuya is still an employee of FLT even though it's owned by his familly(which was cut from the anime).Taurus creates the hardware from Tatsuya's theories and Tatsuya does the software,which was indicated in the ep.
Old 2014-05-31, 17:04   Link #58
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Thaaaaaaat's right Mikihiko, start to cling onto Mizuki. Get far away from Eri as you can =03. I don't care if its for my own fantasies, but when I see unimportant scene transitions like Eri(center focus, with Leo and Mizuki) waving to Tatsuya from the audience, it makes me think that there is some subtle shipping going on. Clearly my favorite girl. Mari and Shizuku are good seconds.

The end was kind of a bit over the top, but I guess its supposed to showcase something, perhaps it'll be used to have Tatsuya to save the day with some quick thinking so that the other candidates can respect him or something.
Very good attention to detail, if there is one thing the author does well is having little details like the one you mentioned, nice to see they made it into the anime. Also Erika really is the best girl.
Old 2014-05-31, 17:05   Link #59
guestuser

Quote:
Fourth... among the servants who aren't part of the family. (A category which, yes, supposedly includes Tatsuya but not, say, Miyuki.)

And yes, I'm sure he has long years of faithful service... but there are probably a handful of other servants who could step into his shoes should he drop dead right now, and most people would barely notice. And every year, Japan's universities produces thousands or more of graduates who could potentially be employed by the Yotsuba and, in time, be trained to do his job.

How many Tatsuya-caliber geniuses do you think run around, and how easy would it be for the Yotsuba to locate them and secure their loyalty?
what are u talking about i mean how many people will actually work with the yotsuba which symbolize death in their name(japan is also supersitous) so they properly wont even accept the job even if they offer them and u have to be a magician so that narrow it down quite a bit and he handle their financial service pretty well and the yotsuba seem to care for usefulness not if u hate them or not or have any underlining feeling of them so they will just use u like a pawn and discard u so that butler guy is properly very useful so they kept him
Old 2014-05-31, 17:22   Link #60
guestuser

Quote:
let me as u this how many Tatsuya-caliber geniuses do u see running around if they are tatsuya geniueses they would have been taken already so it is near impossible to find replacement so they properly dont want to go though the trouble of getting one
Closed Thread