Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2023-02-10, 11:08   Link #61
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
is it set for march? ugh. what's this, an ova or movie? the waiting would be long/
Movie if I remember correctly. So we probably have quite the wait to go :-/
Old 2023-02-10, 11:25   Link #62
Blaat

Yup so we will probably be watching this at the end of the year or early next year, unless you're in Japan of course.

Images
poster
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2023-02-10, 19:18   Link #63
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So the movie will mainly be about Yuta and Rikka. Their shippers must be ecstatic.
Old 2023-02-10, 20:09   Link #64
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
So the movie will mainly be about Yuta and Rikka. Their shippers must be ecstatic.
Probably because the Gridman cast need more character development than the Dynazenon cast because their character development carried the plot of that show .

I mean, Yuta wasn't even really in most of Gridman...
Old 2023-02-10, 20:24   Link #65
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Progress, but still needs moar Dynazenon.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-10, 22:46   Link #66
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm kind of hoping they are breaking the trailers into focusing more on one side or the other before the movie has a good balance of both. Gridman is the older show so it could use more focus in this trailer than the Dynazenon cast which are more recently seen. But hopefully there will be trailers that focus on their side here.

But if there is more focus on the Gridman cast it isn't unreasonable. Yuta wasn't consciously there for most of the show so his ship with Rikka couldn't exactly get rolling. Definitely not compared to Yume and Yomogi where their ship was a central heartbeat of the whole series.

Frankly I'm just glad the Dynazenon cast is there! I remember when this movie was announced and it wasn't clear if they'd even be there. Might have literally just taken the DynaRex (which I presume is possessed by Gauma's spirit) and throw it into a movie that mostly focused on Gridman.

But now that they are there...I do hope they get treated well. I love that group. Obviously Yume and Yomogi are likely doing just fine, but they can get some good moments together. Be nice to see how Chise and Koyomi are doing and how they'll handle this situation.
Old 2023-02-11, 07:50   Link #67
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I'm kind of hoping they are breaking the trailers into focusing more on one side or the other before the movie has a good balance of both. Gridman is the older show so it could use more focus in this trailer than the Dynazenon cast which are more recently seen. But hopefully there will be trailers that focus on their side here.
That's what I thought at first but if you look at the poster Blaat posted above, Yuta and Rikka are at the forefront. They'll definitely be the focus of the movie.
Old 2023-02-11, 23:44   Link #68
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That's what I thought at first but if you look at the poster Blaat posted above, Yuta and Rikka are at the forefront. They'll definitely be the focus of the movie.
I think you're probably right. But I still hope there will be a decent amount of balance. Even if it's 60/40 for the Gridman cast, I can live with that. Might be more unbalanced than that, but I can hope at least.
Old 2023-02-12, 14:24   Link #69
Frontier

I'm sure they'll still give the Dynazenon cast some nice moments and focus, if nothing else .
Old 2023-02-13, 00:29   Link #70
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

YouTube
YouTube
Old 2023-02-13, 01:53   Link #71
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I'm sure they'll still give the Dynazenon cast some nice moments and focus, if nothing else .
Honestly, that's all I really need at the end of the day. Should be a fun ride no matter how they split up the focus. But since they fulfilled my hope that the Dynazenon cast would get to participate in this, I hope they make great use of them .
Old 2023-02-13, 08:40   Link #72
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

So this will be a story with characters identical to the ones from the tv series but with completely differnent lives since it's the real world as teased in the ending? Kinda like Roxas' world in Kingdom Hearts?
Old 2023-02-13, 11:25   Link #73
Frontier

This reminded me that Yomogi and Chise's VA's are cousins .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
So this will be a story with characters identical to the ones from the tv series but with completely differnent lives since it's the real world as teased in the ending? Kinda like Roxas' world in Kingdom Hearts?
I think it's the same characters, the Gridman and Dynazenon worlds are just converging.
Old 2023-02-13, 21:17   Link #74
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
YouTube
It would be neat if there will be a live action segment in the movie.
Old 2023-02-13, 23:12   Link #75
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illsteir View Post
To be honest as Meta and fanservice-y as this show gets I'm surprised we haven't gotten an episode or segment that was just straight up live-action tokusatsu .
Old 2023-02-13, 23:50   Link #76
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
YouTube
I love how the upgrade reeks of Obari energy, reminds me of how different Shurouga Sin (SRW) compare to it base form.

Old 2023-02-14, 02:35   Link #77
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
So it sounds like Gauma's spirit did end up possessing Dynazenon? Unless it's a different character .
Just let the man Rest in Peace already. His princess is waiting in the afterlife...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illsteir View Post
As long as it serves the story then yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
I love how the upgrade reeks of Obari energy, reminds me of how different Shurouga Sin (SRW) compare to it base form.

To be honest, Gridman's new form looks like Ultraman whenever a dozen of them decided to fuse together to make one super entity, like that time with Z :
Images
Old 2023-02-14, 09:50   Link #78
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Still confused. Gridman suggested the world was just some fictional thing created by the purplehaired girl and the ending goes liveaction. Did the movie teaser explain this? I'm still confused with what exactly was Yuta and Gridman's connection since they kinda combined in the finale. Dynazenon didn't appear to play with that deal of fake world that much.
Old 2023-02-14, 10:40   Link #79
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Still confused. Gridman suggested the world was just some fictional thing created by the purplehaired girl and the ending goes liveaction. Did the movie teaser explain this? I'm still confused with what exactly was Yuta and Gridman's connection since they kinda combined in the finale. Dynazenon didn't appear to play with that deal of fake world that much.
Gridman was possessing Yuta throughout Gridman's entire story, we never saw real Yuta. However, it was hinted that Gridman possessed him because Yuta had a similar demeanour/personality as Gridman.

Dynazenon's implied worldbuilding suggests that Gridman and Dynazenon's stories take place in parallel worlds highly similar to each other. The computer world where the support weapons/hyper agents come from is like a Backrooms-type space between the parallel worlds. The liveaction is likely a different plane of existence existing beyond the parallel worlds and computer world.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-02, 14:09   Link #80
EroKing

NSFW
Megami

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-12 at 15:58.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote