Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2014-05-31, 23:44   Link #281
DoomCalibur
The Shrouded Lonebrave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
Cecil is a bitch, but we knew that already. All she is doing is adding to her total punishment when Fox locates them. It's gonna be epic.

Anyway, new rec! 魔拳のデイドリーマー. Can't believe it took me so long to find it, as its pretty good. It's another reincarnation story, but no heroes or demon kings to be found. Just amazingly over the top fights and some comedy. Expect martial arts inspired by games and hong kong movies, and training reminiscent of dbz. MC is a bit of an innocent mad scientist personality, born with a defect in his magic that keeps him from casting magic beyond a foot or so of his body. Not that it holds him back any, since there are ways around that. He otherwise pretty much hit the jackpot.
? Is it just me or in fact I have this series before??.....Lets see....... Ohh!! This one! I remeber! It was the new series that was published recently on Alphapolis. Here: is the link to the cover and browser of vol 1:http://www.alphapolis.co.jp/book/detail/1043264/1342/
DoomCalibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-01, 00:19   Link #282
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomCalibur View Post
? Is it just me or in fact I have this series before??.....Lets see....... Ohh!! This one! I remeber! It was the new series that was published recently on Alphapolis. Here: is the link to the cover and browser of vol 1:http://www.alphapolis.co.jp/book/detail/1043264/1342/
Yup, that's the one. Although if it was published by alphapolis I'm surprised the web version wasn't reduced. Unless it was changed?
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-01, 02:53   Link #283
omegasereon

Wow fast update for 異世界来ちゃったけど帰り道何処?, before the arifureta update.
Spoiler for :
omegasereon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-01, 03:11   Link #284
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegasereon View Post
Wow fast update for 異世界来ちゃったけど帰り道何処?, before the arifureta update.
Spoiler for :
Spoiler for ...:
Old 2014-06-01, 03:26   Link #285
travelingbum

Quote:
Yup, that's the one. Although if it was published by alphapolis I'm surprised the web version wasn't reduced. Unless it was changed?
nope it's being reduced as you can see by the #+#+# etc (the date) and that only 1 vol is out so that's gone and vol 2 is in progress.

unless the starting chs were really that short.
travelingbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-01, 03:55   Link #286
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingbum View Post
nope it's being reduced as you can see by the #+#+# etc (the date) and that only 1 vol is out so that's gone and vol 2 is in progress.

unless the starting chs were really that short.
The #+# chapters don't seem any shorter than they should be, just added together. I don't have the original to compare to though. I've read some of alphapolis' digest versions and they absolutely suck, which I didn't get here.
Old 2014-06-01, 04:00   Link #287
sasuke706

Quote:
Spoiler for ...:
Spoiler for :

Last edited by sasuke706; 2014-06-01 at 05:54.
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-01, 05:37   Link #288
bludvein

Another update! Guy is on a roll.
Spoiler for ...:
Old 2014-06-01, 05:38   Link #289
maniac88

You know, I really envy you guys for having that much time in your life reading all those title.. My time was limited I could only read Arifureta in its designated time release,, don't you guys have a life to live? (Looking at bludvein and omegasereon). Also between Sendai Yuusha, Mushoku Tensei, or the one you currently discussing, which title are more interesting? ( Your personal recommendation please)
maniac88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-01, 05:47   Link #290
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac88 View Post
You know, I really envy you guys for having that much time in your life reading all those title.. My time was limited I could only read Arifureta in its designated time release,, don't you guys have a life to live? (Looking at bludvein and omegasereon). Also between Sendai Yuusha, Mushoku Tensei, or the one you currently discussing, which title are more interesting? ( Your personal recommendation please)
It only takes 5-10 minutes to read a chapter. Hardly that much time. You can only spare that once every 3-5 days?

異世界来ちゃったけど帰り道何処?is the best of those 3 imo, but all 3 are worth reading. I'd place Mushoku over Sendai Yuusha though.
Old 2014-06-01, 05:58   Link #291
maniac88

@ bludvein : you know I read using GT right? And it takes me around 10 to 15 to understand the big pictures. Around 25 to 40 minutes to understand most of the context. And 2 to 3 hours to translate some parts (and I'm pretty sure I made a mistake somewhere). And most importantly, I'm in the middle of creating my Uni final project. Its been around for 3 months already.. Btw, thanks for the recommendation, I look to it soon..
Old 2014-06-01, 06:03   Link #292
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac88 View Post
@ bludvein : you know I read using GT right? And it takes me around 10 to 15 to understand the big pictures. Around 25 to 40 minutes to understand most of the context. And 2 to 3 hours to translate some parts (and I'm pretty sure I made a mistake somewhere). And most importantly, I'm in the middle of creating my Uni final project. Its been around for 3 months already.. Btw, thanks for the recommendation, I look to it soon..
I'm using GT(and sometimes ATLAS) too. I can understand just fine on the first pass, although I sometimes reread with a different machine just to pick up some of the mistranslated pieces. It's just a matter of experience with its broken english.

I can understand a proper translation taking a couple hours if you're using a dictionary, but I can't picture it taking 40 minutes just to figure out context. GT isn't quite THAT bad.
Old 2014-06-01, 06:15   Link #293
maniac88

Yeah, I know GT actually quite nice.. That's why I only use it. Combining a few machine translation only confused me further. Yeah, ithink its the difference in experience, I only use it for 3 month or so. And only use it to read Arifureta.
Old 2014-06-01, 06:46   Link #294
merpati

Quote:
I'd like to recommend something a little different this time. I know this thread is for Narou, but I'd like to point out an excellent english web novel I picked up about a year ago.

Mother of Learning

I sort of mentioned it in the Arifureta thread before, but that was kind of offhand. Story is basically about a student mage forced to relive the same month over and over again Groundhog's Day-style. He sort of starts off as a misanthrope, but he becomes a better person and a kickass mage throughout. My only complaint is its slow release schedule, but its definitely worth a read.
well I read that yesterday and now craving for more. is there any gem like this in fiction press?
merpati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-01, 07:44   Link #295
dubbz

Hey guys, finally decided to get my feet wet after years of peeping through the door.

Damn! The update was just something else, and gotta admit, even though I hate Cecil, she's one deep and calculating b****!!! Use one to destroy the other and bank on the others guilt and fact of the act to prevent either of them reuniting with Fox, two birds with one stone. Can't wait for next update on this front, and from Fox's reaction at the end of second update, can't wait for when they finally meet, especially now that Nagi knows he's in for quite the dive...

Spoiler for short summary of update 1:

Last edited by dubbz; 2014-06-01 at 08:52.
dubbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-01, 10:21   Link #296
bludvein

Spoiler for ...:

Last edited by bludvein; 2014-06-01 at 10:40.
Old 2014-06-01, 11:42   Link #297
omegasereon

Spoiler for :
Old 2014-06-01, 13:11   Link #298
real123

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegasereon View Post
Spoiler for :
What's the name of this ln
real123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-01, 13:30   Link #299
omegasereon

Quote:
Originally Posted by real123 View Post
what's the name of this ln
異世界来ちゃったけど帰り道何処?
Old 2014-06-01, 13:53   Link #300
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbz View Post
Hey guys, finally decided to get my feet wet after years of peeping through the door.

Damn! The update was just something else, and gotta admit, even though I hate Cecil, she's one deep and calculating b****!!! Use one to destroy the other and bank on the others guilt and fact of the act to prevent either of them reuniting with Fox, two birds with one stone. Can't wait for next update on this front, and from Fox's reaction at the end of second update, can't wait for when they finally meet, especially now that Nagi knows he's in for quite the dive...

Spoiler for short summary of update 1:
Seriously, what is this b*tch's problem?
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
web novel