AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-06-27, 03:19   Link #21
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
How do you know that others people didn't shat at the mangaka that reuse the character design?

I have seen plenty of those comments too in other works at other forum in the past.
because at last the ones which i know and follow peoples never winining over it or at best make little jokes, not goes full rage as what is happening now, good exemple as someone told is kuramada, another exemple is the mangaka of kobayashi-san maid dragon, or kyoani to make all they series which the "same character style", all they manga/animess have characters almost the same and no ones goes rage, the same goes akira and all his series features characters which are almost the same and agian no complains, the mangaka of aho girl too, this is the "mangaka signature" many mangakas do that, not because they are "lazy" but because that is the way they can be recognized fast, another good exemple is Seo and his romance harem mangas or even our "to love ru mangaka which the characters on to love ru where almost the same of his previous works and if you get again all mashimas one shots and previous work you see the same, because again that is how most of them like to work because this make more easy for peoples to recognize they works(at last that is how work in japan), then again we have the "yadayada western peoples" which complain like no tomorrow even if it's not a problem they will complain, because you know "haters gonna hate".

To be fair i can understand the issue in current western cartoons where almost all the series are using almost the same "style" which is a true issue, because it's means which become a "trend" and almost every cartoon must be like that living little to none room to be "different", but this don't happen in asian western cartoon, you have many artists each one which is own style and different type of mangas but each mangaka away gonna have they "own style" which is not a issue since you have many different styles not just one.

It's like peoples complain over hanna barbera because all hanna barbera characters share they traits, while you can complain about "almost every cartoon/anime/manga" have exactly the same art style turning it in a boring things you can't do that because one "animation company or mangaka artist is using his own style.
Old 2018-06-27, 04:02   Link #22
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Anyway both Hiro Mashima and Seo Kouji the troll king and troll sorcerer got serialized at same time is this an unholy destiny?
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-27, 09:34   Link #23
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
because at last the ones which i know and follow peoples never winining over it or at best make little jokes, not goes full rage as what is happening now, good exemple as someone told is kuramada, another exemple is the mangaka of kobayashi-san maid dragon, or kyoani to make all they series which the "same character style", all they manga/animess have characters almost the same and no ones goes rage, the same goes akira and all his series features characters which are almost the same and agian no complains, the mangaka of aho girl too, this is the "mangaka signature" many mangakas do that, not because they are "lazy" but because that is the way they can be recognized fast, another good exemple is Seo and his romance harem mangas or even our "to love ru mangaka which the characters on to love ru where almost the same of his previous works and if you get again all mashimas one shots and previous work you see the same, because again that is how most of them like to work because this make more easy for peoples to recognize they works(at last that is how work in japan), then again we have the "yadayada western peoples" which complain like no tomorrow even if it's not a problem they will complain, because you know "haters gonna hate".

To be fair i can understand the issue in current western cartoons where almost all the series are using almost the same "style" which is a true issue, because it's means which become a "trend" and almost every cartoon must be like that living little to none room to be "different", but this don't happen in asian western cartoon, you have many artists each one which is own style and different type of mangas but each mangaka away gonna have they "own style" which is not a issue since you have many different styles not just one.

It's like peoples complain over hanna barbera because all hanna barbera characters share they traits, while you can complain about "almost every cartoon/anime/manga" have exactly the same art style turning it in a boring things you can't do that because one "animation company or mangaka artist is using his own style.
So you deplore us to close one eye on Mashima's flaws or shouldn't express how we feel on the manga? Character design is already a problem for me and then Mashima gets even lazier by using Happy for this manga without altering anything. He even has same color scheme and name.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-27, 09:42   Link #24
Blueknight78

Quote:
So you deplore us to close one eye on Mashima's flaws or shouldn't express how we feel on the manga? Character design is already a problem for me and then Mashima gets even lazier by using Happy for this manga without altering anything. He even has same color scheme and name.
no, i'm say which if you want to "complain over it" be at last "fair and go complain" over all the others mangakas which do the same, because it's not "mashima exclusive issue", it's something which happen with many mangakas, that is the problem, complain over "one guy doing" what many do it's being "trollish and hater" not a reasonable complain.

about happy well it have plue too and mashima already told before which "plue was to appear again", then another pet being the same it's not a suprise and as some peoples already noted, it's possuble which this show can be connected with fairy tail like being in a "distant future" and the characters being like a reincarnation of some FT characters.

The point is, complain "only over one guy" doing what the "majority do" is really wrong and selfish no matter how you want to say "it's my right", no it's not a right if you are only doing it over one guy, it's more like you bullying the person, because you have some personal grudge over him and take any chance to troll him if you only do that to him and not all the others.

Valid criticize =/= trolling, hate or personall grude and the worst call a mangaka like "mashima which already pulled in 3 weeks 10 chapters in a roll (3 chapters per week plus 1 omake) and also multiple times pulled more than one chapter per week, is really being unreasonable, because i really doubt you seeying "lazy" mangakas doing that.

You can complain over mashima pulling bad chapters history wise and too many "fanservice" and oothers thing but one thing he is not really is "lazy" and is doing exactly what others mangkas do aswell, he is not the first one and never gonna be the "only one" doing it.
Old 2018-06-27, 09:49   Link #25
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
no, i'm say which if you want to "complain over it" be at last "fair and go complain" over all the others mangakas which do the same, because it's not "mashima exclusive issue", it's something which happen with many mangakas, that is the problem, complain over "one guy doing" what many do it's being "trollish and hater" not a reasonable complain.
It is totally reasonable to complain because this thread is about Mashima and his works, and no other authors. If I want to complain, authors, I will complain about it at the appropriate thread.

I can't believe you are actually defending the "Happy" move at here. I guess you really like FT and Mashima.
Old 2018-06-27, 10:08   Link #26
SilverGlavenus

I'm fine with character designs being similar, the problem we all know about is the nakama bs.
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-27, 10:22   Link #27
Blueknight78

Quote:
It is totally reasonable to complain because this thread is about Mashima and his works, and no other authors. If I want to complain, authors, I will complain about it at the appropriate thread.

I can't believe you are actually defending the "Happy" move at here. I guess you really like FT and Mashima.
Not really because you are complain over "something considered normal" in the source country" or basically you are complain over how it's work in japan, them unless the "whole" otaku japoanese market change then it's not really "reasonable".

It's not about being "fan" or something like that, is about being "reasonable" and know how "things work in the place and "understand" it, what the big majority of peoples do specially in the "source country" and almost as away a "loud western minority do" because they want everything be as they want.

It's my opnion, if i want to complain over something i will do for reasons which really looks more reasonable like bad writing and re-using characters or characters looking "very like" each other is my least possible complain in a place where it's "normal".
Old 2018-06-27, 12:08   Link #28
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Not really because you are complain over "something considered normal" in the source country" or basically you are complain over how it's work in japan, them unless the "whole" otaku japoanese market change then it's not really "reasonable".

It's not about being "fan" or something like that, is about being "reasonable" and know how "things work in the place and "understand" it, what the big majority of peoples do specially in the "source country" and almost as away a "loud western minority do" because they want everything be as they want.

It's my opnion, if i want to complain over something i will do for reasons which really looks more reasonable like bad writing and re-using characters or characters looking "very like" each other is my least possible complain in a place where it's "normal".
Good to know that. But that is your opinion and obviously, my opinion extremely differs than you in this case. Just because it is "normal" in xxx region doesn't make it immune to criticism.
Old 2018-06-27, 12:38   Link #29
Ligerleon89

When it comes to manga and anime, I've been a bit picky with which anime and manga I want to read or watch. So taking from that, I'm not 100% knowledgeable on anime and manga, but I do know video games enough to tell you guys one thing that should never be forgotten. And that is, Whatever is out there, created and published to the world, there needs to be criticism, some feedback always to let the authors, developers, whoever what they did either right or wrong Mashima is no exception. Most of this "hater" stuff is just immature opinions and thoughts that some people don't think things through or from people who don't elaborate enough to tell others why this particular piece of media is not well-received from them. In this case of Mashima, let people know in elaborate detail of what you think is right or wrong with how Mashima tells his story, draws his characters, tries to make sense of the world he is trying to create. "This Nakama thing", for example, I think what some are saying is that Mashima never raises the stakes and truly put friendships to its test, and have it fail somewhere. That things like love and friendship are not always that invincible and does not solve 100% of problems that that particular group of protagonist face. And while there is death in his mangas, he doesn't seem to do that often and not leave lasting effects, seemingly killing off his characters, only for the "recently deceased" to be okay by the next chapter or a few after the conflict is settled. Stuff like that needs some details to any opinions that should make enough sense as feedback to be reached out to Mashima so he knows what's going on and tries to rectify his mistakes. That's just one of many possible problems that people need to stop running their mouths with nonsensical stuff, and show enough points in their arguments to give people a reason to understand what they are saying and that they may possibly agree with them.
Ligerleon89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-27, 13:55   Link #30
Blueknight78

Quote:
Good to know that. But that is your opinion and obviously, my opinion extremely differs than you in this case. Just because it is "normal" in xxx region doesn't make it immune to criticism.
but it's also don't means which is a "valid criticism in the way which he "must change it" or is a problem which can make the work bad either, if you don't like fine it's your criticism but don't means to be something where mashima "must" go "omg i must stop do that and i'm ultra lasy" because i'm doing something which "i'm the only person in the world not allowed to do, because peoples are aways expecating for me to make total different characters or change my style, remember "freedom in creativity is important too" if mashima want go full saint seya and make every main character or characer in his serie a "seya clone" he can do it.
Old 2018-06-27, 15:49   Link #31
EvI

Just finished reading and... First chapter power of friendship is already EX+ LOL
EvI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-27, 21:57   Link #32
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
but it's also don't means which is a "valid criticism in the way which he "must change it" or is a problem which can make the work bad either, if you don't like fine it's your criticism but don't means to be something where mashima "must" go "omg i must stop do that and i'm ultra lasy" because i'm doing something which "i'm the only person in the world not allowed to do, because peoples are aways expecating for me to make total different characters or change my style, remember "freedom in creativity is important too" if mashima want go full saint seya and make every main character or characer in his serie a "seya clone" he can do it.
Of course he can do that. It is his series after all. Just like when you spent your $100 to buy a pebble doesn't mean others can't think and talk on how you wasted your $100 on a pebble at other side.

And also if I want Mashima to change to cater me, I would have not post it at here. I would have post at his Twitter or something. I am posting at here because I want to voice out how I feel about it.
Old 2018-06-29, 00:58   Link #33
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I agree with SilverGlavenus, using Happy is no big deal - every female MC needs a sidekick (Plue in RAVE, Happy in FT and Kaite in Cocona), although going as far as repeating his humour would just be criminal recycling. The worst offender would be the whole nakama power thing though, FT played that card and burned it hard, scattered its ashes to the farthest reaches of the universe, NEVER to return, because then the manga would become predictable and boring AF.

So far though, it's decent (6/10). It's nice to see Rebecca taking Shiki out into the cosmos, in contrast to Natsu taking Lucy to the guild. Having a whole galaxy means being able to draw any and all worlds & characters without needing petty excuses to do so, and aether gear is basically dark bring, lots of freedom to create any power you want. Speaking of which, a gravity controlling MC is pretty unique.

DRAGONs seem...unnecessary. I just hope they are not the focal point of this plot.

Gravest offense this manga has committed as of yet: ERZA SPOTTED IN THE POSTER!!!
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-29, 02:10   Link #34
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I agree with SilverGlavenus, using Happy is no big deal - every female MC needs a sidekick (Plue in RAVE, Happy in FT and Kaite in Cocona), although going as far as repeating his humour would just be criminal recycling. The worst offender would be the whole nakama power thing though, FT played that card and burned it hard, scattered its ashes to the farthest reaches of the universe, NEVER to return, because then the manga would become predictable and boring AF.

So far though, it's decent (6/10). It's nice to see Rebecca taking Shiki out into the cosmos, in contrast to Natsu taking Lucy to the guild. Having a whole galaxy means being able to draw any and all worlds & characters without needing petty excuses to do so, and aether gear is basically dark bring, lots of freedom to create any power you want. Speaking of which, a gravity controlling MC is pretty unique.

DRAGONs seem...unnecessary. I just hope they are not the focal point of this plot.

Gravest offense this manga has committed as of yet: ERZA SPOTTED IN THE POSTER!!!
About that:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravity_Rush

Old 2018-06-29, 02:21   Link #35
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I should have said rare :P
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-29, 16:55   Link #36
Blueknight78

it's looks like the next fairy tail spin off is coming on:
https://twitter.com/hiro_mashima/sta...27809604780033
Quote:
もう一つのスピンオフ「FAIRY TAIL CITY HERO(仮)」のイメージイラストも公開!こちらは安東汐さんがストーリー、作画を担当します。秋頃開始 予定です。
a bad google translator:
Quote:
Another spin-off "FAIRY TAIL CITY HERO (tentative)" image illustration is also released! Andoh san will be in charge of the story and drawing. It is scheduled to start around autumn.
it will be fairy tail city hero

Looks like the manga will be like others spin offs where it was handed by other mangaka or mashima assistant with him just helping in the "main story board like what akira is doing with dragon ball super in both anime and manga.

going back to topic, my only concern is if him start to drop too many characters like in FT, because some of the manga problems was that, having "too many characters" in the man team (the FT guild) forced him to have to give "some space" to others characters, like gageel, like juvia, like laxus and others, could be good if he keep the "main team small as possible like 5 to 6 max in the main team (without count pets), having too many characters in the main team make really hard to proper work because he have to "catter" to each character fanbase without count ships and bla bla bla which was one of the issues of FT, having a "too big cast".

But since the protagonist goal is to have 100 friends, it can go really hard and bad with too many characters if mashima don't take care.

Now one thing i liked here is since the protagonist is not in any "personal super goal like find the lost father or something like that" and is really just a "trip adventure" like dragon ball was in the beginner, mashima don't have to worry about a "main plot" or villian, the manga can go big as he want without have to worry about "too much details".

Last edited by Blueknight78; 2018-06-29 at 17:05.
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-30, 00:00   Link #37
dragon1412

having many character is not bad; it's just require a lot of skill and screentime planning to pull it off. for example; Kyokai senjou no Horizon; the cast is massive and we still saw it good; granted it is a LN so it's having and edge there. But it does make my point. FT issues was lack of focus rather than just too many MCs. Many MC suffered lack of focus in favor of spreading out screen time.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-30, 04:32   Link #38
bastek66

Erza is back
Spoiler for from 2nd chapter:
Old 2018-06-30, 04:48   Link #39
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Erza is back
Spoiler for from 2nd chapter:

Mashima, are you fucking serious?
Spoiler for Name:
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-30, 06:41   Link #40
B214

Spoiler for 2:
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote