3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2019-05-12, 09:50   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Attack on Titan - Episode 52 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Attack on Titan, Episode 52.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-12, 13:30   Link #2
Decel

Spoiler for Not sure if spoiler:
Old 2019-05-12, 17:16   Link #3
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I bet most people don't even remember who Marco was
He was indeed pretty smart to be able to figure out this much from a small conversation.

Reiner sure is resilient. He just won't fucking die. Bert cast his doubts aside and burned everything to the ground with the fearsome CGI (Colossally Gigantic Intelligent) Titan.
Old 2019-05-12, 17:29   Link #4
QS_Bilal
Gravemind

What a mess. Armin and the whole crew screwed up by not killing Reiner when they had the chance. Why did they later realize that Bertolt would not transform upon seeing Reiner on the verge of death? If only they'd fired a third volley following the previous two back to back ones.. On a sidenote, Reiner is practically only breathing due to plot armor at this point and IMO, that's bad writing.
Lastly, as usual, close-ups of Titan feasts are brutal and those three traitors are horrible for at-least not knocking Marco unconscious before he 'had' to die. Interesting that Marco was insanely sharp, perhaps more so than Armin.
QS_Bilal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-14, 00:31   Link #5
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

I'm not a manga reader, so I don't know anything beyond what I just watched in this episode. I just have one question.

Why the fuck did they make Armin one of the leaders? Why wasn't it someone like Hange who is much better at directing people, and can ensure they are all safe/accounted for? What good does it do everyone when Armin becomes flustered in the heat of the moment, potentially delaying critical decisions that could save them?
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-14, 01:29   Link #6
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumcyclonex View Post
I'm not a manga reader, so I don't know anything beyond what I just watched in this episode. I just have one question.

Why the fuck did they make Armin one of the leaders? Why wasn't it someone like Hange who is much better at directing people, and can ensure they are all safe/accounted for? What good does it do everyone when Armin becomes flustered in the heat of the moment, potentially delaying critical decisions that could save them?
In all fairness, while Armin's plans tend to be a little unorthodox and do carry some risks, he usually does manage to get results. Considering what's at stake in this battle, Erwin choosing him as the strategist was a better choice than choosing someone rational and by-the-books instead.

At this point, they are 100% guaranteed to incur huge losses. Might as well make the most of those losses by having the person most likely to achieve the desired result lead the operation.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-14, 16:59   Link #7
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I bet most people don't even remember who Marco was
He was indeed pretty smart to be able to figure out this much from a small conversation.
But not smart enough to keep his mouth shut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QS_Bilal View Post
What a mess. Armin and the whole crew screwed up by not killing Reiner when they had the chance. Why did they later realize that Bertolt would not transform upon seeing Reiner on the verge of death? If only they'd fired a third volley following the previous two back to back ones..
Easy to say in hindsight, but first Reiner looked pretty dead, and then they ran out of time, not knowing Bertholt wouldn't sacrifice him. Hell, he was ready to make his attack anyway even if Reiner didn't lie on his back.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-15, 13:51   Link #8
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Besides there was no guarantee that Berthold would even notice Reiner.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-26, 00:23   Link #9
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Descent

As people, we humans are full of nuances and contradictions. At times we covet to being in somebody's else company, and at another times we're so annoyed and fed up with the other people surrounding us because we want to be left alone.

As a species, how we have managed not to completely self-destructed or imploded given the track of the bloody history that each our human civilizations delivered when one came after the previous one?

It gives to thought whether negotiating at attempting to truly understanding each other is just an altruistic, fairy-tale or a political tool used just to advance one's side over the expense of the others?

Honestly, my heart was breaking and I was left hopeless at the verge of tears witnessing both Marco's and Armin's failures. For the former, he was instantly betrayed by comrades whom he believed he knew due to having overheard things he shouldn't have heard at the wrong time and then fed to the abyss of the cruel world.
For the latter, any possibilities for dialog we're shot down by the former comrades he thought to believe they would listen. The end result for both was that their naivety and expectations were crushed, and as one was left to die alone in the most nihilistic manner possible the other has currently succumbed to absolute dread at being helpless not knowing what to do while his former town is literally thrown into a fiery hell trapping him along with his surviving comrades.

Descent came and went with a lightning shot, and that ever desire to break free from the walls and look for the ocean's existence has turned bleak and now almost impossible to grasp.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote