AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2024-01-22, 10:40   Link #1
Huh...?

Tadaima, Okaeri [2024] Anticipation

Title : Tadaima, Okaeri (ただいま、おかえり)
Translation : I'm Home, Welcome Back

Genre : Boys' Love, Yaoi, Romance, Drama, Slice of Life

Summary (from Crunchyroll) :
Quote:
Masaki Fujiyoshi is a stay-at-home spouse and parent. He has fought long and hard with feelings of being a burden to his loving husband, Hiromu, due to his status as an omega—and the difficulty they faced to achieve this domesticity. When their son, Hikari, was born, the family moved to an area better suited for raising children.

Despite their newfound domestic bliss, the family's ties to their past are in tatters. There are people they left behind to pursue the creation of their happy family, and when they begin to return, Masaki and Hiromu aren't quite sure they have good intentions.
Source:
https://twitter.com/TadaOka_anime
https://tadaoka-anime.com/
https://www.crunchyroll.com/news/ann...unchyroll-2024

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Old 2024-01-22, 19:39   Link #2
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Excuse me while I go sacrifice to any and every deity that made this possible.
Old 2024-01-23, 12:02   Link #3
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Huh? Omega Verse BL getting an anime?
Is this real????
Old 2024-01-23, 12:23   Link #4
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

I am not sure what surprises me more. The fact that it gets animated or the fact that some people actually want it. Nothing against BL in general, but this omegaverse works are worse than your average popular BL which is just a shoujo with plain main heroine replaced with effeminine boy. I find the concept cringe both as BL and as GL.
Old 2024-01-23, 12:51   Link #5
Cloudedmind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
I am not sure what surprises me more. The fact that it gets animated or the fact that some people actually want it. Nothing against BL in general, but this omegaverse works are worse than your average popular BL which is just a shoujo with plain main heroine replaced with effeminine boy. I find the concept cringe both as BL and as GL.
Yes, why wouldn't someone want a story about two people learning to parent and growing closer to each other.
Old 2024-01-23, 13:08   Link #6
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
Yes, why wouldn't someone want a story about two people learning to parent and growing closer to each other.
You know, to show such a story you can make a gay couple adopt the child, use modern science with donors or surrogate parenting or any other mean. What's the reason to justify it with "omegaverse" BS besides the pandering to fetishes?
Old 2024-01-23, 20:00   Link #7
Cloudedmind

Quote:
You know, to show such a story you can make a gay couple adopt the child, use modern science with donors or surrogate parenting or any other mean. What's the reason to justify it with "omegaverse" BS besides the pandering to fetishes?
Oh so we're worried about people pandering to fetishes now. We definitely don't see any of that in all those shounen or isekais of "good guys" with slaves, or unnecessary harems.

But, to answer your actual question because with Omegaverse you can explore themes you can't with just a standard gay couple through stuff like pair bonding, and heat cycles.

And while a lot of writers may not be thinking to deeply about it in this manner, it has always struck me how in a way OV stories are a somewhat exaggerated look into the female experience. But, allows the writers and readers a measure of distance by the character not technically being female.

And, yes some of us just like the idea of mpreg, of a world in which both "men and women" can get pregnant. Nothing wrong with exploring that dynamic in a story.
Old 2024-01-23, 20:08   Link #8
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Oh so we're worried about people pandering to fetishes now. We definitely don't see any of that in all those shounen or isekais of "good guys" with slaves, or unnecessary harems.
1. Why do you think I am not bothered about them?
2. These type of stories do not try to push any actual serious themes. And when they do, they do not put fetish pandering in the plot. At least normally.

Quote:
And, yes some of us just like the idea of mpreg, of a world in which both "men and women" can get pregnant. Nothing wrong with exploring that dynamic in a story.
It is totally unscientific. If these storues were about some aliens or fantasy cretures with bizzare biology, it would be fine. But OV authors just use normal humans and do not bother to give any plausible explanation to things besides "some males can get pregnant" or "some femalse can make other females pregnant".
Old 2024-01-23, 23:18   Link #9
Cloudedmind

Quote:
1. Why do you think I am not bothered about them?
2. These type of stories do not try to push any actual serious themes. And when they do, they do not put fetish pandering in the plot. At least normally.
I don't care if you do or don't, I just find it kind of odd that this is the thread you decided to voice your grievances in.

So, the implications of a modern teen buying a sex slave isn't a serious theme, or fetish pandering, got it.

Quote:
It is totally unscientific. If these storues were about some aliens or fantasy cretures with bizzare biology, it would be fine. But OV authors just use normal humans and do not bother to give any plausible explanation to things besides "some males can get pregnant" or "some femalse can make other females pregnant".
And? Please, tell me where it says that stories set in the "real world" have to be completely scientific to explore themes and concepts outside of it's original constructs. Because Frank Kafka would like to have a word.

If those types of things don't work for you, then fine, but acting like the sole purpose of these stories is for fetish pandering, and not because people just want to have fun with an interesting concept, is asinine.
Old 2024-01-24, 04:15   Link #10
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

People can have fun with wherever they want and other people can find it dumb. Just that it's really looks like arguments some of my hardcore fujoshi aquitances will put.

Once again, I have nothing against BL (even if it's not my cup of tea) I just find the whole concept of OV offputing. If it was a GL story I will be bothered all the same.
Old 2024-01-24, 21:25   Link #11
Kakkou
Tch.

While I won't deny that there are probably a few good omegaverse stories in the genre, it's also a lazy excuse for authors to bring back the old BL trope of semes being unable to resist assaulting the uke or the latter being utterly helpless to resist his advance, now with a fresh coat of "pheromones" to justify it. They have the chance to gloss over writing feelings and pass a lot of it off to biology. The mpreg aspect is often never the main focus, if at all, usually reduced to flavouring for the setting or the pregnancies happening off page before or after the story, the process itself largely unexplored. Personally, omegaverse is at its least head scratching and most fitting when applied to beastmen BL. That setup is perfect for those.

Again, there are bound to be exceptions and good stories out there, and I would normally just ignore anything omegaverse and continue looking for BL that I like, but BL TV anime are not only rare these days, they're near extinction as BL drama adaptations are now the preferred choice and what's left of BL anime shift towards movie/OVA format. So the thought of omegaverse taking up this already niche format is infuriating. There is so much more that could have taken precedence, so many more two men and a child BL.

But, eh, at least it's not domsubverse, which is all the bad/lazy things about omegaverse made worse. Not yet, anyway. Also, Ishihira has no reason to ever be directing BL anime despite repeatedly being given the chance to but again, at least he's not actually touching something I'd be mortified to see his name on this time.
Old 2024-01-24, 23:27   Link #12
Frontier

Can someone explain this Omegaverse thing to me...
Old 2024-01-25, 19:49   Link #13
Cloudedmind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Can someone explain this Omegaverse thing to me...
Here's a page that largely explains it.
https://mangatoto.com/chapter/1585788

Just scroll down a bit. There's nothing overly explicit on the first few panels other then some anatomical drawings, but NSFW just in case.

There are some differences between stories, like how much if at all a beta will react to the pheromones of an omega as an example.
Old 2024-01-25, 20:23   Link #14
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
Here's a page that largely explains it.
https://mangatoto.com/chapter/1585788

Just scroll down a bit. There's nothing overly explicit on the first few panels other then some anatomical drawings, but NSFW just in case.

There are some differences between stories, like how much if at all a beta will react to the pheromones of an omega as an example.
Thank you .
Old 2024-02-14, 01:44   Link #15
Huh...?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Old 2024-04-08, 20:57   Link #16
Cloudedmind

Finally the Hi-kun show is here, and it did not disappoint. Just fluffy vibes all around.