4 out of 10 : Poor 1 4.00%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2015-02-07, 18:38   Link #21
Tenzen12

I tought so too ...until now that is. Isuzu not just doesn't need talent, but not having it makes her character exposition/development in this episode more believable. Landers doesn't really care either for obvious reasons.
Old 2015-02-07, 19:18   Link #22
Nvis
Where are the good animes

So the chief is watching over them, huh?

I wonder if he knows about Dariella, maybe even Roe2?
Old 2015-02-07, 19:58   Link #23
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
I wonder if he knows about Dariella, maybe even Roe2?
Until it's proven on next week's episode, I don't think Nyanta know either Dariella (Nureha) or Roe 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
I guess dragons mob got tired of being killed for some random NPC bag quest
Funny thing is that those wyverns will be killed for the magic bag anyway, so it seems that there's no need for those young'uns to travel towards Redstone Mountains now that they have wyverns to fight with.
Old 2015-02-07, 23:54   Link #24
ramlaen

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
if they were going to pick a voice actor for a character that's suppose to be a bard in log horizon, they should have picked one that could sing, imo
Her VA's ability to sing and her characters ability to sing are separate things.
Old 2015-02-07, 23:56   Link #25
ramlaen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark700 View Post
The way that conversation went with Tohya and Dariella seemed odd...
It struck me that he could tell she was wearing a facade (personality, not that she was incognito) but was too shy to just say it.
Old 2015-02-08, 00:19   Link #26
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

That fact about the people of the land having only 42 musics just reminds me again how blatantly obvious it is that this world spawned from a game (with a very limited OST apparently), it's very strange how the people of the land don't realize the many things that just don't make sense after they gained self-consciousness.

Is Rudy even aware that adventurers used to see his world as nothing but a game before the apocalypse? Did anyone ever tell him?

That explanation about the auto-translator clarifies how Kanami is able to talk to Chinese peoples and Americans without any problems, it must be a really incredible auto-translator though, far more powerful than anything we have right now.

BTW it's just amazing how overprotective the older members of the guild are towards the younger ones. It turns out Nyanta has been following them all along.

Old 2015-02-08, 01:30   Link #27
Wandering Soul

That was a weird conversation between Touya and Dariella but I think I have a rough idea of what it was supposed to mean.

The kids also seem to luckily have Nyanta watching over them.
Old 2015-02-08, 02:22   Link #28
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
1)Nah, Roe existed only on beta server (moon), I doubt he could just take her and use in normal game (not to mention that on the "earth" her crippling subclass weakness would came in play)

2)Shiroe probably did, but Nyanta never saw her in person and there is no particular reason why he should suspect random person hanging with kids quest for being big boss of sinister guild...
1) How did Roe 2 get from the moon to yamato/japan? I think she said she woke up somewhere north of akihabara.

2) I'm guessing Shiroe always shares information with Nao and Nyanta about whatever he learns. We'll see next episode.
Old 2015-02-08, 04:48   Link #29
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramlaen View Post
It struck me that he could tell she was wearing a facade (personality, not that she was incognito) but was too shy to just say it.
It goes with how he is likely more perceptive about people tiptoeing around others or being suspiciously nice from when he was wheelchair bound.
Old 2015-02-08, 04:53   Link #30
Ickarium

Yeah, my impression is he knows what a smiling facade looks like 'cause he used to use it all the time to try to make his sister and family not worry. He was telling her she doesn't need to act around him.
Old 2015-02-08, 04:59   Link #31
Nicaea

I'm pretty sure Nyanta can't be fooled by Nureha's appearance as Dariella, wether he knows about Nureha or not.
Old 2015-02-08, 06:03   Link #32
Tenzen12

I think so too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
1) How did Roe 2 get from the moon to yamato/japan? I think she said she woke up somewhere north of akihabara.

2) I'm guessing Shiroe always shares information with Nao and Nyanta about whatever he learns. We'll see next episode.

1)She explained that last episode, she used her summoner ability switching place with summon, though instead of some random creature she used Shiroe when he was dying/died instead.

2)No I don't think he does, he is leaving lot of stuff for himself, either because waiting for right timing or he is not absulotely conviced about these himself. But I do think Nyanta knows about Nureha involvement in Akiba festival crisisis, but whether he recieved her description is another issue, regardlesst he can hardly recognise her from this distance.

PS: Yeah, Touya probably has knack for seeing through distressed people wearing happy facade, it make sense for someone like him.
Old 2015-02-08, 10:52   Link #33
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

So we will ship shiro/roe2 and toya/nureha
Old 2015-02-08, 10:53   Link #34
Yan3242

Quote:
if they were going to pick a voice actor for a character that's suppose to be a bard in log horizon, they should have picked one that could sing, imo
I think they made her voice like that on purpose, her story told us that she is just so so singer, she can sing but she dont have the natural talent for it and she still young so she probably still "on training" or "amateur" category, if she sing so good like real jpop singer say... Like from those macross frontier, that would feel contrast with her story right?

And i really found new respect with rudy after this episode, what surprised me is that he seems aware of his world is just actually a game unlike other lander who think all those adventurer stuff is just sort of "magic" to them.

And yeah that forty two thing really put me in shocked, you only know 42 song exist in the world and you dont even have a slightest though that you could create a new song? That compare to real life is like we all believe that we are the only living being in this entire galaxy (which iam sure we are not)
Old 2015-02-08, 11:56   Link #35
Tenzen12

Actually I think Megumi Nakajima would work too, while she has nice voice and she is not much off tune, she is not really that good overally. Perfect voice for amateurs like Ranka or Isuzu, if you ask me.
Old 2015-02-08, 13:47   Link #36
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Isuzu's VA is the VA for one of the Idol Master Cinderella Girls.
She's actually a good singer, and has released several idol singing tracks already.

So Isuzu's lackluster singing is 100% in-character acting by the direction of the anime, not inability of the VA.
Old 2015-02-08, 16:15   Link #37
Ickarium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
So we will ship shiro/roe2 and toya/nureha
No, 'we' won't. I really don't understand the anime community's tendency to ship everyone. Touya is, like Minori, a /middle schooler/. I am not shipping a 14 or 15 year old kid with an adult.

As for Shiro/Roe2, nah, Akatsuki is where it's at.
Old 2015-02-08, 17:04   Link #38
DQueenie13

Nureha's actually in high school, but I agree with Ickarium's sentiment. Nureha, especially, needs to learn about good, non-romantic relationships.
Old 2015-02-08, 17:08   Link #39
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

wow.. that's an awesome CG when they showed the wyvern
so that's where all the budget went

Dariella and Tohya conversation is awkward.. but it showed that it is not a feeling of love, it is just Tohya is very sensitive and perceptive about people which could be a bad match with Nureha who always faking her emotion and feeling

meanwhile, Rudy and Isuzu conversation is very interesting.. I think I feel bad for game characters which only hear a limited number of BGM
"forty-two" is too little for Elder Tale which has been run for years

Akatsuki become more talkative.. and Nyanta han-chou is going to slay some wyverns...
from the preview, it seems like we won't see too much about Nyanta.. but we would see how Minori's team handle the quest when they are separated in several groups
Old 2015-02-08, 20:05   Link #40
Ickarium

Quote:
Originally Posted by DQueenie13 View Post
Nureha's actually in high school, but I agree with Ickarium's sentiment. Nureha, especially, needs to learn about good, non-romantic relationships.
Is she? That's interesting, I got the impression she was the same age as Shiroe. Interesting.

And yeah, before she gets into any 'romantic' relationship, she really, really needs to learn how to have normal, non-mind-breaking, friendships. Let alone age gaps.